Pokemon Rejuvenation: Dragon mono tips.

Wolf5002

22 hours ago, Wolf5002 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, I WON. I CHEESED ANGIE WITH ALTARIA USING PERISH SONG AND STALLING HER WITH REVIVES. SCREW YOU, ANGIE! WOHOOOOOOOOO

Sorry, I got very excited.

Well done! I think your Dragon monotype challenge will be a lot easier from this point forward; 4 relatively strong Dragon types are available in chapter 8 (5 if you also count Mareep because of Mega Ampharos). 

2 minutes ago, Nocturne93 said:

Well done! I think your Dragon monotype challenge will be a lot easier from this point forward; 4 relatively strong Dragon types are available in chapter 8 (5 if you also count Mareep because of Mega Ampharos). 

It was refreshing to have a Ampharos on my team and now I am gonna catch Turtonator to have diversity in my team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, Wolf5002 said:

Good day, everyone. Recently I was feeling a bit nostalgic for Rejuvenation and also I wanted to know how hard can I challenge myself, so I created a save file for doing a dragon mono team playthrough. You might be thinking, if I am a mad man for doing this, to which is, yes, I am. At the start was a bit rocky, considering that there are so little dragon types, but I managed to get through the 1st and 2nd gym battles. But now I am having problems, the Noibats I have on my team are now getting weaker, I think all of them have not too good defenses, the over looming threat of Angy and I am having doubts. So that's why I am making this post now, I want to know if there are tips I should know about to beat this game with only dragon type Pokemon, for example, if I should ev and iv train (for context, I don't know any thing about ev and iv things) or I should breed to get a perfect Pokemon. Oh and if you wanted to know here is my team:

Grovyle;

Noibat;

Noibat;

Noibat;

Swablu;

Skrelp.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, not easily the best team ever, bet that's all I have. May you have a good day/night.

Ohh i've done this run before, yeah at the start its going to suck, i pick charmander in my run and doing it on intense tho

Hardest part is early game, Venam, Keta and Meleanie is going to be hell, but after Narcissa it should be easier, Charmender is an easier pick because charmeleon can learn Dragon Rage, and you can actually reset until you got a female starter, so that you can breed it, i kinda create army of charmeleon, as army of noibat just wont cut it, not proud of it but thats how i got through until Narcissaa Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone, I am indeed still alive and I'm back. I have not been writing for quite a long while, because I was playing a new game and I was taking a break from Rejuvenation. Now I have come to ask for help on ,probably, the hardest battle for my mono team besides Angie, Rift Gardevoir. This thing is busted and it gave me a lot of trouble on my second playthrough of this game. So I have come for tips about how to defeat this Rift pokemon and what kind of members should I use against this battle. Also my only new member is an Axew, but I can't IV train it, because HM Fly is accessible after that battle. May you have a good day.

Yeah that fight is...hard. Being fairy messes up your offensive power and even then she's quite bulky. However I don't think she uses any actual fairy moves, since the field weakens them. She has dark pulse, sacred sword, dream eater and lovely kiss I believe.

Hmm who is your current lineup? Like levels and moves and such?

I'd recommend getting some chesto berries which I believe you can buy from someone in the past era, I remember I got like 20 of them. Sleep is super annoying in this fight and half the difficulty in itself.  In fact being able to deal with sleep somehow is a must for this fight IMO.

Her kirlia/ralts are extremely annoying and problematic with their sleep/night shade combo. The kirlia is fairy/fire and the ralts is fairy/poison IIRC. I paralyzed Gardevoir herself so we wouldn't get outsped as much which can help but since she takes so long to KO, you might want to use perish song and grind it out. Safeguard helps with fighting sleep if any of your dudes have that.

Also I know you can't EV Axew but between having him as dead weight and being fully evolved and at least somewhat useful, I'd take the latter.  

8 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Yeah that fight is...hard. Being fairy messes up your offensive power and even then she's quite bulky. However I don't think she uses any actual fairy moves, since the field weakens them. She has dark pulse, sacred sword, dream eater and lovely kiss I believe.

Hmm who is your current lineup? Like levels and moves and such?

I'd recommend getting some chesto berries which I believe you can buy from someone in the past era, I remember I got like 20 of them. Sleep is super annoying in this fight and half the difficulty in itself.  In fact being able to deal with sleep somehow is a must for this fight IMO.

Her kirlia/ralts are extremely annoying and problematic with their sleep/night shade combo. The kirlia is fairy/fire and the ralts is fairy/poison IIRC. I paralyzed Gardevoir herself so we wouldn't get outsped as much which can help but since she takes so long to KO, you might want to use perish song and grind it out. Safeguard helps with fighting sleep if any of your dudes have that.

Also I know you can't EV Axew but between having him as dead weight and being fully evolved and at least somewhat useful, I'd take the latter.  

Here is my team right now:

image.thumb.png.c97a3fe0f8f58fd06eed72f533cdb6cf.png

image.thumb.png.70463edfef2fa68be1a352ad5efbf03c.png

image.thumb.png.f8035bd3438100807d0ca68dcf397b99.png

image.thumb.png.3508afeab020d7b915000cce9e48b753.png

image.thumb.png.011269292482200890935399d3a6de58.png

image.thumb.png.60710628b9b8049bdd28092339e203f6.png

And these are my pokemon in my PC:

image.thumb.png.722b09a82b5b31ba2327904916b64ef4.png

image.thumb.png.5135f5844193ebfa184ad9e89410a0f9.png

image.thumb.png.a221bfcac4e57b1c2ff0a968c25206e3.png

(can't use Silvally, because Dragon Memory doesn't exist)

image.thumb.png.917b19b685019c4cc5b3921ab7afb977.png

image.thumb.png.d3c84d64aa0d511431fc6edffd0e6f61.png

image.thumb.png.6f8fbd2172df2296221ecb5a18893102.png

image.thumb.png.6dc96af8989e9e0d16b30f904bfbc96c.png

image.thumb.png.84c08468feaa5889f52ac9041e86f742.png

image.thumb.png.0f05c7c32b26bbeb08411b23f33aa2d2.png

Okay I don't blame you not wanting to grind axew up lol.

Hooo boy, I can see why you're sweating this fight. Is there any way you can get super fang back on your higher levelled Noivern? I feel like that can help with softening up the pokemon especially since they're fairly bulky. You could also just grind up the other one that already knows it but that's a lot of grinding. The audino trainer on route 9 is the fastest since they just spam healing wish but I'm not sure if you can go there at that point.

Does sky have cloud nine or natural cure? Also how come sceptile is so physical? Its special attack is much better.

31 minutes ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Okay I don't blame you not wanting to grind axew up lol.

Hooo boy, I can see why you're sweating this fight. Is there any way you can get super fang back on your higher levelled Noivern? I feel like that can help with softening up the pokemon especially since they're fairly bulky. You could also just grind up the other one that already knows it but that's a lot of grinding. The audino trainer on route 9 is the fastest since they just spam healing wish but I'm not sure if you can go there at that point.

Does sky have cloud nine or natural cure? Also how come sceptile is so physical? Its special attack is much better.

1. I kinda can't grind, because I'm in the Badlands and the only Audino trainer I know in this part of the story is in the past, Hiyoshi City, the place where the Rift is.

2. Where is a move relearner in this part of the game?

3. Sky the Altaria has Natural Cure.

4. Leaf Blade is OP. If you are worried about Lime the Sceptile's moveset, you can give some helpful tips about a good moveset (if you have, of course).

I actually don't know if my dragon team has a good moveset.

Natural cure can be useful for this fight, since you'll spend half of it asleep lol.

If you have the TM for roar, someone in another thread said they used that to make gardevoir bugger off allowing them to take out her helpers first, making it easier to focus on her.

I know there's a move relearner in GCD's shopping district. If you can use the crystal to get back to the present, you can use the claydol at the oasis to teleport you back to GCD IIRC. I could be wrong though as I never tried it myself. But I think the claydol is supposed to be able to teleport you back into the city.

Can't you use energy ball for sceptile instead? 

Woohoo, I've defeated Rift Gardevoir! After giving my Sceptile a Magical seed, when activated, activates Trick Room, poisoning Gardevoir and my Tyrantrum being a g, I was able to defeat her. Now the hardest is gonna be in V13 with the return of Angie (WHY HAVE YOU RETURNED FROM WENCE YOU CAME).

Hmm, I am kinda debating whether I should give my Haxorus Outrage or Dragon Claw. Which one is the best one for this pokemon?

On 5/8/2021 at 4:22 AM, Wolf5002 said:

Woohoo, I've defeated Rift Gardevoir! After giving my Sceptile a Magical seed, when activated, activates Trick Room, poisoning Gardevoir and my Tyrantrum being a g, I was able to defeat her. Now the hardest is gonna be in V13 with the return of Angie (WHY HAVE YOU RETURNED FROM WENCE YOU CAME).

OOOOOH NIIIIIICE!!!! I didn't even know the seed did that! That's amazing, great job.

But I think you're kinda underrating Ryland and Souta a bit. You might be good with souta because of Noivern but Ryland was tough IMO.

On 5/10/2021 at 8:23 AM, Monochrome_Complex said:

OOOOOH NIIIIIICE!!!! I didn't even know the seed did that! That's amazing, great job.

But I think you're kinda underrating Ryland and Souta a bit. You might be good with souta because of Noivern but Ryland was tough IMO.

I actually have beaten the game today (well, the V12 of the game), though it did took a bit to defeat Ryland. Now I can complete some battles and sidequests, and most importantly, hatch a new team with perfect IVs, though I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to my old team, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolf5002 said:

I actually have beaten the game today (well, the V12 of the game), though it did took a bit to defeat Ryland. Now I can complete some battles and sidequests, and most importantly, hatch a new team with perfect IVs, though I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to my old team, but it is what it is.

Congrats on beating it.  Ryland gave me a tough time mainly because of Excadrill and Torterra

Hmmm, I think I have a dilemma with Horsea. You see I cought a accidental shiny Horsea in the diving section with a amazing nature and pretty good IVs that I wanted to evolve and I also was thinking of getting a perfect IV Horsea to evolve into a Kingdra, but then I realised a problem in my line of thinking. There's only one Dragon Scale in the game, the item that allows Seadra to evolve. So what are your opinions on this, should I evolve the shiny one or the perfect IV one? To clarify, I haven't started on breeding perfect IV dragon pokemon and now I think about it more, what dragons should I breed to have perfect IVs and which of the original team members I should still use? Also here's a picture of the shiny Horsea.

image.thumb.png.2eadf4c1091d573afb02271c13c6cb1a.png