Jump to content

Pokemon Rejuvenation: Dragon mono tips.


Recommended Posts

Good day, everyone. Recently I was feeling a bit nostalgic for Rejuvenation and also I wanted to know how hard can I challenge myself, so I created a save file for doing a dragon mono team playthrough. You might be thinking, if I am a mad man for doing this, to which is, yes, I am. At the start was a bit rocky, considering that there are so little dragon types, but I managed to get through the 1st and 2nd gym battles. But now I am having problems, the Noibats I have on my team are now getting weaker, I think all of them have not too good defenses, the over looming threat of Angy and I am having doubts. So that's why I am making this post now, I want to know if there are tips I should know about to beat this game with only dragon type Pokemon, for example, if I should ev and iv train (for context, I don't know any thing about ev and iv things) or I should breed to get a perfect Pokemon. Oh and if you wanted to know here is my team:

Grovyle;

Noibat;

Noibat;

Noibat;

Swablu;

Skrelp.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, not easily the best team ever, bet that's all I have. May you have a good day/night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolf5002 said:

Good day, everyone. Recently I was feeling a bit nostalgic for Rejuvenation and also I wanted to know how hard can I challenge myself, so I created a save file for doing a dragon mono team playthrough. You might be thinking, if I am a mad man for doing this, to which is, yes, I am. At the start was a bit rocky, considering that there are so little dragon types, but I managed to get through the 1st and 2nd gym battles. But now I am having problems, the Noibats I have on my team are now getting weaker, I think all of them have not too good defenses, the over looming threat of Angy and I am having doubts. So that's why I am making this post now, I want to know if there are tips I should know about to beat this game with only dragon type Pokemon, for example, if I should ev and iv train (for context, I don't know any thing about ev and iv things) or I should breed to get a perfect Pokemon. Oh and if you wanted to know here is my team:

Grovyle;

Noibat;

Noibat;

Noibat;

Swablu;

Skrelp.

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, not easily the best team ever, bet that's all I have. May you have a good day/night.

Iv training legitimately will be nigh undoable until later (before the 13 gym) since at the point you get a gift mon with perfect Ivs that you can use to breed a team of perfect mons. It is also somewhat complex. But for right now it is not that possible. Try to catch/breed new Noibats that have acceptable IVs. Basically each point in an IV is one point in that stat at lv 100. They max out at 31. Most people say acceptable is like 15+ in all stats. To be honest, it is not that big of a deal early. A max IV mon at lv 35 is probably only giving you like 10 extra stat points if even that. 

 

What you should be worrying about is Evs.

 

Evs are something you can train right now. Go to the hotel and go to the casino area. You can spend your AP points for cards that let you access rooms in the place where you got your starter. In there you can quickly train Evs. They work like this, for evrey four EV points in a stat the mon gets 1 point in that stat. A stat can have a max of 252 points in it and a Pokemon can only have I think 512 Evs total. So in short you can boost two stats by 52 points. Note that your mons probably already have some Evs invested in them from normal gameplay, so you wont be able to get the full effect, but it should help somewhat. 

 

Try to go there and train your mons in whatever you think would be best for them. If they are a physical attacker you would want attack/speed for example. If you are unsure Smogen is a good place to get a idea of what stats to use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

Iv training legitimately will be nigh undoable until later (before the 13 gym) since at the point you get a gift mon with perfect Ivs that you can use to breed a team of perfect mons. It is also somewhat complex. But for right now it is not that possible. Try to catch/breed new Noibats that have acceptable IVs. Basically each point in an IV is one point in that stat at lv 100. They max out at 31. Most people say acceptable is like 15+ in all stats. To be honest, it is not that big of a deal early. A max IV mon at lv 35 is probably only giving you like 10 extra stat points if even that. 

 

What you should be worrying about is Evs.

 

Evs are something you can train right now. Go to the hotel and go to the casino area. You can spend your AP points for cards that let you access rooms in the place where you got your starter. In there you can quickly train Evs. They work like this, for evrey four EV points in a stat the mon gets 1 point in that stat. A stat can have a max of 252 points in it and a Pokemon can only have I think 512 Evs total. So in short you can boost two stats by 52 points. Note that your mons probably already have some Evs invested in them from normal gameplay, so you wont be able to get the full effect, but it should help somewhat. 

 

Try to go there and train your mons in whatever you think would be best for them. If they are a physical attacker you would want attack/speed for example. If you are unsure Smogen is a good place to get a idea of what stats to use.

I will try. Don't know how, but I will try to understand. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wolf5002 said:

I will try. Don't know how, but I will try to understand. Thank you.

Let me reexplain it then. Lets set IVs aside for now and just focus on Evs.

 

On the stat screen this is the first of the two numbers. Each stat will have its own individual EV. When you defeat any mon it gives you some Ev points dependent on that mon. By using the special cards to go to the room in the lab, you can fight 6 lv 1 Pokemon repeatedly that give you lots of EVs in a stat of your choice. For Every 4 EVs in a stat, the actual stat goes up by 1 point. So for example if you have 40 points in attack, your attack would go up by 10 points. A stat can have a maximum of 252 EVS and a Pokemon can only have 512 EVs total. This means you can only max out two stats. You could evenly spread your EVs out among all your stats, but this is a BAD IDEA. Instead pick two stats to max out. For example for your sceptile, you probably want speed and special attack (or attack if you mostly use physical moves). This will give you +52 in both speed and special attack which will make a huge difference! If you already have some points in your EVs you can either breed new mons, or wait until after the fourth gym to reset them. If you want to reset them you can do it at the lost camp (the place with all the kids you save) by buying the berries from one of the kids. They lower a specific EV of the corresponding amount, so if you have a bunch of random EVs on your mons you can get rid of them for more preferable EVs. Regardless, it is likely that you have some open EVs left on all of yours mons, so you might as well train them up.

 

IVs on the other hand are much more annoying. This is the second number on the stat page. It goes from 0-31. At LV 100 each point will give you one point in the corresponding stat. So a Pokémon with 31 attack EVs will get +31 to its attack while a mon with 0 will get +0. Naturally this is a pretty huge boost, but unlike EVs getting maxed IVs is quite the chore. I would say that anything above 15 in all stats is probably fine. But, if your anything like me and want maxed out IVs then you need to breed/cheat. Breeding right now will take considerable time investment, probably like 20+ hours, would not advise. If you wait until before the 13 gym you can get a max IV gift Pokemon which can be used for breeding max IV mons, with it you can do the breeding in like 8 hours probably. I would not advise that either honestly, just cheating to skip the grind is way better.

 

But if you really want to breed here is how it works.

 

Each Pokemon has an egg group, you can find them on sites like Seribii for example. Pokemon can only breed with mons in their egg group or ditto. You breed mons in the daycare if you don't know. When you have two mons breed the IVs are normally random, but if you have one of them hold the destiny knot item (which is not available until later) you can have 6 of the Pokemon combined IVs given to the egg. This is pretty much needed for max IV breeding, so dont bother if you don't have one.

 

Rejuvenation however gives you a wonderful gift that makes breeding way less painful, the above mentioned max IV Pokemon. Essentially lets use your dragon mono type as an example. You want to breed dragons, but this Max IV mon is in the field egg group, what you have to do, is find a way to get a Max IV dragon using this Pokemon. Here is an example of how to do this. Breed the gift mon with a spheal. Get a Max IV spheal (this is tedious yes) then breed that spheal with a horsea as they are compatible. And voila, you now have a 6 IV Pokemon that is in the dragon egg group for all your dragon breeding needs! This is very tedious and pretty much takes no cost to you except for your time (and maybe like $20000 Poke which is nothing by the time you would be doing this), which is why I suggest either cheating to do it faster or just not doing it at all. 

 

If you want more information on breeding/IVs/Evs there are great videos on the internet. But keep in mind that the breeding ones will suggest ditto but that wont work here, since the ditto you can get does not have maxed out IVs.  Also, feel free to ask any questions you might have, I would be happy to answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Let me reexplain it then. Lets set IVs aside for now and just focus on Evs.

 

On the stat screen this is the first of the two numbers. Each stat will have its own individual EV. When you defeat any mon it gives you some Ev points dependent on that mon. By using the special cards to go to the room in the lab, you can fight 6 lv 1 Pokemon repeatedly that give you lots of EVs in a stat of your choice. For Every 4 EVs in a stat, the actual stat goes up by 1 point. So for example if you have 40 points in attack, your attack would go up by 10 points. A stat can have a maximum of 252 EVS and a Pokemon can only have 512 EVs total. This means you can only max out two stats. You could evenly spread your EVs out among all your stats, but this is a BAD IDEA. Instead pick two stats to max out. For example for your sceptile, you probably want speed and special attack (or attack if you mostly use physical moves). This will give you +52 in both speed and special attack which will make a huge difference! If you already have some points in your EVs you can either breed new mons, or wait until after the fourth gym to reset them. If you want to reset them you can do it at the lost camp (the place with all the kids you save) by buying the berries from one of the kids. They lower a specific EV of the corresponding amount, so if you have a bunch of random EVs on your mons you can get rid of them for more preferable EVs. Regardless, it is likely that you have some open EVs left on all of yours mons, so you might as well train them up.

 

IVs on the other hand are much more annoying. This is the second number on the stat page. It goes from 0-31. At LV 100 each point will give you one point in the corresponding stat. So a Pokémon with 31 attack EVs will get +31 to its attack while a mon with 0 will get +0. Naturally this is a pretty huge boost, but unlike EVs getting maxed IVs is quite the chore. I would say that anything above 15 in all stats is probably fine. But, if your anything like me and want maxed out IVs then you need to breed/cheat. Breeding right now will take considerable time investment, probably like 20+ hours, would not advise. If you wait until before the 13 gym you can get a max IV gift Pokemon which can be used for breeding max IV mons, with it you can do the breeding in like 8 hours probably. I would not advise that either honestly, just cheating to skip the grind is way better.

 

But if you really want to breed here is how it works.

 

Each Pokemon has an egg group, you can find them on sites like Seribii for example. Pokemon can only breed with mons in their egg group or ditto. You breed mons in the daycare if you don't know. When you have two mons breed the IVs are normally random, but if you have one of them hold the destiny knot item (which is not available until later) you can have 6 of the Pokemon combined IVs given to the egg. This is pretty much needed for max IV breeding, so dont bother if you don't have one.

 

Rejuvenation however gives you a wonderful gift that makes breeding way less painful, the above mentioned max IV Pokemon. Essentially lets use your dragon mono type as an example. You want to breed dragons, but this Max IV mon is in the field egg group, what you have to do, is find a way to get a Max IV dragon using this Pokemon. Here is an example of how to do this. Breed the gift mon with a spheal. Get a Max IV spheal (this is tedious yes) then breed that spheal with a horsea as they are compatible. And voila, you now have a 6 IV Pokemon that is in the dragon egg group for all your dragon breeding needs! This is very tedious and pretty much takes no cost to you except for your time (and maybe like $20000 Poke which is nothing by the time you would be doing this), which is why I suggest either cheating to do it faster or just not doing it at all. 

 

If you want more information on breeding/IVs/Evs there are great videos on the internet. But keep in mind that the breeding ones will suggest ditto but that wont work here, since the ditto you can get does not have maxed out IVs.  Also, feel free to ask any questions you might have, I would be happy to answer.

Hmm, interesting. I have question, who is the max IV gift pokemon you are mentioning? Is it Nancys Sylveon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolf5002 said:

Hmm, interesting. I have question, who is the max IV gift pokemon you are mentioning? Is it Nancys Sylveon?

Yup that is the one! Not a dragon but you wouldn't be battling with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

in the main hall in gearen theres an ev training facility it sais what evs ur getting and after 4 battles youll have 252 in a stat i recommend breeding a new teamm it doesnt matter if they have eh ivs just focus on getting good ivs for ur main attack and speed/hp

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am EV training one of my Noibats for high special defense, but it isn't going up, same with some of my pokemon. Is it, because they can't take anymore EV's?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wolf5002 said:

I am EV training one of my Noibats for high special defense, but it isn't going up, same with some of my pokemon. Is it, because they can't take anymore EV's?

That's a possibility. Each statistic(Attack, Defense etc.) has a set limit of how much EVs it can have. 

If you're EV training a Noibat, it's a good idea to invest most of its EVs in Special Attack and Speed. Noivern is a fast special attacker with mediocre defenses and decent supporting moves, so it's logical to strengthen its best assets.

 

Most EV spreads for Noivern look like this:

252 Sp. Attack

252 Speed

 

You can invest the remaining EVs in HP, Defense or Sp. Defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nocturne93 said:

That's a possibility. Each statistic(Attack, Defense etc.) has a set limit of how much EVs it can have. 

If you're EV training a Noibat, it's a good idea to invest most of its EVs in Special Attack and Speed. Noivern is a fast special attacker with mediocre defenses and decent supporting moves, so it's logical to strengthen its best assets.

 

Most EV spreads for Noivern look like this:

252 Sp. Attack

252 Speed

 

You can invest the remaining EVs in HP, Defense or Sp. Defense. 

I think I kinda screwed up. I invested the EV's into physical attack and speed. Is that bad?

Edit: I am now training a special attacker speedster Noibat to solve the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day, everyone, I'm back. I'm now trying to look for a Exeggcute, because it evolves into Alolan Exeggutor, but for the life of me, I cannot find it. The pokemon location guide says it can be found on Terajuma Jungle or Terajuma Shore, but I ran around in the grass and never encountered one. Does it appear in day time or in the morning? Or is it just very rare to find?

Edit: Nevermind, I have found the beans. They are encountered in day time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day, everyone. I'm back........again. I am now gonna face Angie, the ice type gym leader and the nightmare of my dragon mono playthrough. I really have no idea how to face her, because Turtonator isn't available yet and I *four* pokemon four times weak against ice. If you are still here, helpful tips will be very welcoming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In EV's

Sceptile: High physical attack and defense

Noivern: High physical attack and speed

Noivern: High physical attack and speed

Noivern: High special attack and speed

Dragalge: High physical attack and special defence

Alteria: High speed and special attack

Tried my best to have a good team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

An Exeggcute (I still haven't evolved it into a Alolan Exeggutor), Noibat and Type: Null, but dragon memory still doesn't exist in the game yet. I am gonna somehow try to Monty Python my way to defeat. I will report if something happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

how many elemental seeds u got as they boost speed and give torment which means i dont knwo for sure unburden sceptile might outspeed

Edited by trogisfat
Link to post
Share on other sites

angies field
*    Ice type attacks gain a 1.5x boost in power
*    Dark type attacks gain a 1.2x boost in power
*       Fire-Type attacks are harshly weakened (0.5x). 
*    The following attacks gain an Ice sub-type and gain a x1.2 boost in power:
        Surf        Muddy Water        Water Pulse        Hydro Pump
        Night Slash        Dark Pulse        Hyperspace Fury        Hyperspace Hole
*    Activates Ice Body, Slush Rush and Snow Cloak
*    Refrigerate's base power boost becomes x1.5 (from x1.3)
*    The following moves can transform this field into a dimensional field:
        Blast Burn        Inferno        Lava Plume        Heat Wave
        Eruption        Flame Burst        Burn Up
*    The following moves transform this field into an icy field:
        Seed Flare        Purify
*    The following moves take one turn to use:
        Ice Burn        Freeze Shock
*       The following moves have no effect:
                Gravity                 Magic Room      Trick Room
                Wonder Room
*    Snow Warning and Hail last 8 turns
*       Dark Void is 100% accurate.
*    The abilities Magma Armor, Blaze, Flash Fire, Flare Boost, Solar Power, and Flame Body are nullified
*    Berserk boosts special attack by two stages
*    Rattled boosts the user's Speed upon switch-in
*    Power Trip gains 40bp for each boost, rather than 20bp
*    Snarl lowers Special Attack by two stages
*    Parting Shot additionally lowers Speed
*    Nature Power becomes Ice Beam
*    Camouflage changes the user's type to Ice
*    Secret Power may freeze
*    Elemental Seed raises Speed by two stages and torments the user

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. The seeds: I have one Telluric seed, two Elemental seeds and one Synthetic seed.

2. I don't have any fire type tm's that work on my pokemon, but I have Brick Break and Brutal Swing that could work against Angie I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

your next mono run should be  dark run

Why?

Link to post
Share on other sites

the elementals r really good gives u agility but also torment its unfortunate u dont have any of those fire as trick room could be good just keep throwing urself in she has a really tank team but not as fast which u can take advantage of

Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, I WON. I CHEESED ANGIE WITH ALTARIA USING PERISH SONG AND STALLING HER WITH REVIVES. SCREW YOU, ANGIE! WOHOOOOOOOOO

Sorry, I got very excited.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...