rate my (current & future) team members!

Ghostea

hi hi!! hope you're all doing well!

so I started a new run of Rejuvenation (ik I should have waited for the new episode but I was too eager T^T) and wanted to know what you all thought of the team I've built, and if there are any changes you suggest!

i'm just about to head to valor mountain so I only have half the team I planned out atm. here's who i currently have:

roserade - modest nature (technician)

• giga drain -> change to magical leaf, maybe?
  • toxic spikes
  • hidden power fire
  • venoshock (will be changed to sludge bomb)

dusclops - impish nature (frisk)

• shadow sneak
  • will-o-wisp
  • ice punch
  • shadow punch

seismitoad - ??? nature (water absorb)

• surf -> scald
  • earth power
  • drain punch
  • rain dance

the rest of my team I haven't obtained yet but here's what i plan for them!

gardevoir - modest nature (trace)

• moonblast
  • misty terrain
  • psychic
  • calm mind/????

archeops - jolly nature (defeatist)

• acrobatics
  • tailwind
  • rock slide
  • u-turn/endeavor

lucario - adamant nature (justified)

• bullet punch
  • close combat
  • power-up punch?
  • ?????? unsure yet!

what do you all think? note that I'm planning on evolving my Dusclops when I can and giving her the Dusknoir crest once it's available! also, I know there are probably better water and/or ground types than Seismitoad but idk. I really wanted to give it a shot since I've never used it!

thanks in advance for any help!!! ^_^

Seems reasonable but I would not replace Giga drain, it is pretty good and almost certainly better than magical leaf. 

As for lucario's last move, I think it gets some ground type moves which can cover its fire weakness, you could also try some sort of set up move over power up punch, but that might just be me. 

1 hour ago, pizzagod13 said:

Seems reasonable but I would not replace Giga drain, it is pretty good and almost certainly better than magical leaf. 

As for lucario's last move, I think it gets some ground type moves which can cover its fire weakness, you could also try some sort of set up move over power up punch, but that might just be me. 

I do prefer Giga drain! I just thought maybe Magical leaf might be better bc of the technician boost?

oooh!! I just looked it up and had no idea Lucario learns Swords Dance by level up..... definitely a better option, thanks! c:

1 hour ago, ghostea said:

I do prefer Giga drain! I just thought maybe Magical leaf might be better bc of the technician boost?

oooh!! I just looked it up and had no idea Lucario learns Swords Dance by level up..... definitely a better option, thanks! c:

I did not think of the technician tbh. I guess it factors down to if you want healing or slightly more dmg (I believe magical leaf will have 15 more base power).

Definitely an optional choice, it basically just comes down to if you think the healing will help or not.

i second what pizzagod says about roserade, if given the choice between giga drain and magical leaf, always go giga drain, the survivability is invaluable especially later on, as for the lucario i dont recall if earthquake is available yet or not but i would say if not grab thunder punch if possible

16 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

i second what pizzagod says about roserade, if given the choice between giga drain and magical leaf, always go giga drain, the survivability is invaluable especially later on, as for the lucario i dont recall if earthquake is available yet or not but i would say if not grab thunder punch if possible

It's not available as a tm yet, unfortunately.

Try using storm drain Gastrodon. Also you should consider teaching your roserade natural power. Unless you plan on using Gardevoir as a mega I would think of faster psychic type pokemon such as Alakazam, Espeon, or A-Raichu.

On 2/18/2021 at 11:48 PM, Dedi said:

Try using storm drain Gastrodon. Also you should consider teaching your roserade natural power. Unless you plan on using Gardevoir as a mega I would think of faster psychic type pokemon such as Alakazam, Espeon, or A-Raichu.

Will definitely try out Gastrodon, thanks for all the advice!!

1 hour ago, PokeSoul23 said:

Honestly, the team looks great so far. You have set up moves and support moves on most of your mons and it's very type diverse. I think this team is a solid 8.5/10! :D

wow, thanks so much!! im so glad you think so :D

Seismitoad is not that bad, but it's also not the best Water type to use. If you plan on keeping him, Swift Swim is definitely the better ability to use, mainly because of Rain Dance being included in its moveset. 

Dusknoir with the crest as a held item is good. It is more of an offensive Pokémon and the crest boosts its weaker moves(like Technician does). Shadow Sneak and Shadow Punch are boosted, so I would keep those two in its moveset. Other damaging moves that are boosted are Bulldoze and Rock Tomb and both TMs are available in the current version. An Impish nature is suitable because you won't use its Special Attack anyway, but you could also change it into an Adamant nature to further boost the damage output of its moves. Overall, I really like your team and I like the inclusion of popular and less popular Pokémon. 

15 minutes ago, Nocturne93 said:

Seismitoad is not that bad, but it's also not the best Water type to use. If you plan on keeping him, Swift Swim is definitely the better ability to use, mainly because of Rain Dance being included in its moveset. 

Dusknoir with the crest as a held item is good. It is more of an offensive Pokémon and the crest boosts its weaker moves(like Technician does). Shadow Sneak and Shadow Punch are boosted, so I would keep those two in its moveset. Other damaging moves that are boosted are Bulldoze and Rock Tomb and both TMs are available in the current version. An Impish nature is suitable because you won't use its Special Attack anyway, but you could also change it into an Adamant nature to further boost the damage output of its moves. Overall, I really like your team and I like the inclusion of popular and less popular Pokémon. 

thanks so much for the advice!! :3 I've actually been toying with using a different ghost type until I get the Dusknoir crest, and I was thinking maybe Alolan Marowak with a Thick Club. do you think that would be a good addition for the time being?

18 hours ago, ghostea said:

thanks so much for the advice!! :3 I've actually been toying with using a different ghost type until I get the Dusknoir crest, and I was thinking maybe Alolan Marowak with a Thick Club. do you think that would be a good addition for the time being?

You're welcome. :) 

I used Alolan Marowak before and it is very powerful and useful, even later in the game. Watch out for its low Speed stat though. The Thick Club doubles its Attack stat, so it almost always OHKOs everything. Rock Head is preferred as its ability because of Flare Blitz, but Lightning Rod can be useful against the Electric type gym leader(especially because of his broken signature move he likes to spam). Other useful moves in its movepool are Shadow Bone(STAB) and Stomping Tantrum or Bonemerang/Bone Rush. Stomping Tantrum is accurate and reliable, but the latter two have the added benefit of breaking through Sturdy Pokémon and Substitute users. The TMs for Earthquake and Swords Dance are not available yet, sadly. 

Edited by Nocturne93

On 2/18/2021 at 11:48 PM, Dedi said:

took your advice and am currently trying Alakazam since I've never used it before (and have used Gardevoir lots of times.... the change is nice) and I'm loving it!!

14 hours ago, Nocturne93 said:

You're welcome. :) 

I used Alolan Marowak before and it is very powerful and useful, even later in the game. Watch out for its low Speed stat though. The Thick Club doubles its Attack stat, so it almost always OHKOs everything. Rock Head is preferred as its ability because of Flare Blitz, but Lightning Rod can be useful against the Electric type gym leader(especially because of his broken signature move he likes to spam). Other useful moves in its movepool are Shadow Bone(STAB) and Stomping Tantrum or Bonemerang/Bone Rush. Stomping Tantrum is accurate and reliable, but the latter two have the added benefit of breaking through Sturdy Pokémon and Substitute users. The TMs for Earthquake and Swords Dance are not available yet, sadly. 

yeah I was a bit worried about the speed stat but. hopefully I'll be able to get lots of Tailwinds off with Archeops which might help a bit! and cool, I think I'll try it out with your suggested moves, thanks ^-^

• Like 1

I would let Archeops learn dig instead of tailwind. Archeops is already quite a fast pokémon with his 110 base speed, so unless you have tailwind to speed up your slower members you might want to change it. Dig is in my opinion the best choice for that, since earthquake isn't available yet and bulldoze is only available after you've defeated Ryland whose the final gym leader in the current version. Dig is available a little earlier in Goldenwood forrest ( you need surf to get the TM ). It hase decent power at 80 and covers for 3 of Archeops' weaknesses, plus on a desert field it powers up and becomes a single turn move.  

If you want another tailwind user I suggest a Prankster Whimsicott, so no matter how fast the opponent is, you'll always be able to put up that tailwind, some other moves that might be usefull on it are things like misty terrain, memento or any of the powder moves. 

Hope this might be useful to you.

Edited by Shiruu34

30 minutes ago, Shiruu34 said:

I would let Archeops learn dig instead of tailwind. Archeops is already quite a fast pokémon with his 110 base speed, so unless you have tailwind to speed up your slower members you might want to change it. Dig is in my opinion the best choice for that, since earthquake isn't available yet and bulldoze is only available after you've defeated Ryland whose the final gym leader in the current version. Dig is available a little earlier in Goldenwood forrest ( you need surf to get the TM ). It hase decent power at 80 and covers for 3 of Archeops' weaknesses, plus on a desert field it powers up and becomes a single turn move.  

If you want another tailwind user I suggest a Prankster Whimsicott, so no matter how fast the opponent is, you'll always be able to put up that tailwind, some other moves that might be usefull on it are things like misty terrain, memento or any of the powder moves. 

Hope this might be useful to you.

i recently discovered Archeops doesn't learn Tailwind by level up until gen 8, so that cancelled that plan ;o; but thank you!! i've actually been rethinking my whole entire team but. if i use Archeops still i will definitely teach it Dig!!

For Roserade i recommend that u keep Venoshock if u plan on keeping T-Spikes as Venoshock is the better move for that set since venoshock becomes 195 in power with stab and with the status.