Does certain dialogue change significantly on your choices? (SPOILERS)

pizzagod13

Sorry about the vague title but I did not want to spoil anything with the title. Anyway, the dialogue I am talking about is (SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY) 

Spoiler

When the voice(s) talk to you after surfer dude knocks you out in the past and when you talk to the ghost lady after the Goomy quest. In both cases they said my character was a good/kind person and that things might work out. I was wondering if this dialogue is changed by choices that you can make earlier in the story, like if you make tons of bad choices does the dialogue reflect this? 

For some context of the choices I made (that I remember)

-Keep the magma stone

-Get the weird diary 

-save the officer from the cult

-save garbador (and the other rift mons after this point)

-Go with Erin in the caves and out Flora.

-Tell Cassandra nothing

-Fight Kenneth in the ruined present

-Do nothing

-release Poke Satan

-Save Karen in the labyrinth

-Lose to Melia and Aetila at the top of the pyramid (not really a choice but maybe it matters?)

and I think that is it? 

So to recap, I am wondering how significantly the above dialogue is changed by the choices that people made, I imagine it is changed somewhat, but I am curious how much. 

Edited by pizzagod13

These should be all the dialogues that change depending on how your standings with certain characters are as of EP 12

Spoiler

Depending on Melia's Relationship points with the player, Erin will either gain or lose Relationship Points when she asks Melia if she trusts the player.

Answers:

Melia: I thought I could trust them, but...  I can't. I can't trust them one bit. (Erin -2) - Occurs if Melia is equal to or less than 0 Relationship Points.

Melia: I do trust them. (Erin +1) - Occurs if Melia is equal to 1 Relationship Point.

Melia: With all my heart. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here right now. (Erin +2) - Occurs if Melia is equal to or greater than 2 Relationship Points.

Depending on Aelita's Relationship points with the player, the player character will say different things to Aelita when you talk to the player character when we have control of Aelita for the first time during the Zone Zero mission with Aelita and Ren.

Aelita: Don't worry, I'll take things from here, \PN!

Possible replies:

\PN: Please be careful. Don't do anything dumb. I'm waiting for you right here. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 5 Relationship Points.

\PN: Please be careful. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 3 Relationship Points.

\PN: ...Good luck. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 1 Relationship Points.

\PN: ... - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or less than 0 Relationship Points.

Depending on Aelita's Relationship points with the player, Aelita will state something different to the player character right before fighting Madame X on the Eclysia Skyview with the player character.

Aelita: \PN... If we do this right... We can end everything here. Both Bladestar and Team Xen.

Possible replies:

Aelita: With you by my side, \PN... I feel no fear. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 5 Relationship Points.

Aelita: Together... I know we can make things right. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or less than 4 Relationship Points.

I hope this helps

8 hours ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

These should be all the dialogues that change depending on how your standings with certain characters are as of EP 12

Hide contents

Depending on Melia's Relationship points with the player, Erin will either gain or lose Relationship Points when she asks Melia if she trusts the player.

Answers:

Melia: I thought I could trust them, but...  I can't. I can't trust them one bit. (Erin -2) - Occurs if Melia is equal to or less than 0 Relationship Points.

Melia: I do trust them. (Erin +1) - Occurs if Melia is equal to 1 Relationship Point.

Melia: With all my heart. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here right now. (Erin +2) - Occurs if Melia is equal to or greater than 2 Relationship Points.

Depending on Aelita's Relationship points with the player, the player character will say different things to Aelita when you talk to the player character when we have control of Aelita for the first time during the Zone Zero mission with Aelita and Ren.

Possible replies:

\PN: Please be careful. Don't do anything dumb. I'm waiting for you right here. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 5 Relationship Points.

\PN: Please be careful. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 3 Relationship Points.

\PN: ...Good luck. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 1 Relationship Points.

Depending on Aelita's Relationship points with the player, Aelita will state something different to the player character right before fighting Madame X on the Eclysia Skyview with the player character.

Aelita: \PN... If we do this right... We can end everything here. Both Bladestar and Team Xen.

Possible replies:

Aelita: With you by my side, \PN... I feel no fear. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or greater than 5 Relationship Points.

Aelita: Together... I know we can make things right. - Occurs if Aelita is equal to or less than 4 Relationship Points.

I hope this helps

Interesting thank you. I know I have high points with Melia since I remember that dialogue, not sure for Aelita honestly, I feel like I should have high points with them but it is hard to say...

Is there a way to actually check relationship points? Or do you just have to keep track?

EDIT: Went ahead and looked at the guide looks like I have plenty of points with both Melia and Aelita. 15 with Melia and 16 with Aelita apparently. I don't think I have a single negative character. So seems like I am doing pretty good.

Edited by pizzagod13

On 2/10/2021 at 6:13 AM, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

Possible replies:

Damn. I missed this because it never occurred to me to talk to my character as Aelita. Derp.
I did get "with all my heart...' from Melia and was wondering if that varied so cool. 

I'm curious about the dialogue in the scene when the PC goes into a coma as well because at one point in the exchange between the two unidentified individuals one of them inquires about a third person referred to only as "them". I assume this "them" is the PC and at least the response I got was: "They seem good. They make good choices and have been a good friend"

(I'm now nearly to the top of the pyramid and although slightly more context has been given to that whole event I still don't understand it but that seems to be part of the design so it's all good). 
That assessment couldn't possibly be the same when at least some of the bad choices are made: 
- Give the Magma Stone to Cera

- Side with Flora in Darchlight Cave/join Bladestar

- Don't battle Kenneth in the ruined present 

As well as the negative options in the various response choices to other characters (i.e saying 'yes' when Ren asks if you'll let him battle Narcissa first or 'You're on your own' when Aelita asks if you'll help her in the Xen ship). 

Gardevoir's dialogue also slightly differs based on who you decided to save/try to save in the first past Avium arc. 

1. Past-Sheridan when Gardevoir interrupts Vivian's self-sacrificial protection spell.
Saved the officer = "[PC name] This is for saving that officer!"

Saved Maria = No added line directed at you. She just ignores you. At least that's what I think I remember from watching other playthroughs on Youtube. I saved the officer. 

2. pre-Rift Gardevoir battle monologue.

"[PC name], my adversary, step forward":

Saved the officer = "[PC name] You weren't there when I declared this. I swore upon my master that I would get my revenge for what you've done at the marble mansion. My unbridled hatred and rage will not cease until your blood has been spilled."

Saved Maria = "To think that you would go so far to save that poor pathetic little abomination. To sacrifice that poor officer's life for a girl that's destined to die."

I also wonder if Melia's choice in the ruined present and Lavender's choice to either free or leave Giratina count for anything since those are still choices made by the player. 

11 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Damn. I missed this because it never occurred to me to talk to my character as Aelita. Derp.
I did get "with all my heart...' from Melia and was wondering if that varied so cool. 

I'm curious about the dialogue in the scene when the PC goes into a coma as well because at one point in the exchange between the two unidentified individuals one of them inquires about a third person referred to only as "them". I assume this "them" is the PC and at least the response I got was: "They seem good. They make good choices and have been a good friend"

(I'm now nearly to the top of the pyramid and although slightly more context has been given to that whole event I still don't understand it but that seems to be part of the design so it's all good). 
That assessment couldn't possibly be the same if say you gave the Magma Stone to Cera, sided with Flora in Darchlight Cave/join Bladestar and/or don't battle Kenneth in the ruined present along with the negative options in the various response choices to other characters. 

Gardevoir's dialogue also varies based on who you decided to save/try to save in the first past Avium arc. 

1. Past-Sheridan when Gardevoir interrupts Vivian's self-sacrificial protection spell.
Saved the officer = "[PC name] This is for saving that officer!"

Saved Maria = No added line directed at you. She just ignores you. At least that's what I think I remember from watching other playthroughs on Youtube. I saved the officer. 

2. pre-Rift Gardevoir battle monologue.

"[PC name], my adversary, step forward":

Saved the officer = "[PC name] You weren't there when I declared this. I swore upon my master that I would get my revenge for what you've done at the marble mansion. My unbridled hatred and rage will not cease until your blood has been spilled."

Saved Maria = "To think that you would go so far to save that poor pathetic little abomination. To sacrifice that poor officer's life for a girl that's destined to die."

I also wonder if Melia's choice in the ruined present and Lavender's choice to either free or leave Giratina count for anything since those are still choices made by the player. 

Melia: 

Spoiler

Give Melanie the Time Crystal: She fuses with Melia and overpowers her spirit, which makes life for the Resistance even worse

Do nothing: Melia figures out that Melanie is lying, absorbs her later without any negative side-effects and heals the world

Try to escape: Melanie decimates everyone that is left with her and thus could this be considered the worst outcome

Lavender: 

Spoiler

If you chose to ignore Giratina, Dr. Isha will use it on Lv. 90 with the Griseous Orb, once the group decides to free Lavender from the Hospital of Ruin

If you release Giratina though, he'll use a Alolan Exxeggutor instead.

5 hours ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

Melia: 

Hide contents

Give Melanie the Time Crystal: She fuses with Melia and overpowers her spirit, which makes life for the Resistance even worse

Do nothing: Melia figures out that Melanie is lying, absorbs her later without any negative side-effects and heals the world

Try to escape: Melanie decimates everyone that is left with her and thus could this be considered the worst outcome

This much I am aware of, I meant does it effect the relationship/karma system.

Does choosing to try to escape effect peoples' views of her differently than doing nothing?

6 hours ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

Lavender: 

Hide contents

If you chose to ignore Giratina, Dr. Isha will use it on Lv. 90 with the Griseous Orb, once the group decides to free Lavender from the Hospital of Ruin

If you release Giratina though, he'll use a Alolan Exxeggutor instead.

Damn, I'm glad I freed Giratina and dodged that bullet. 

12 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

This much I am aware of, I meant does it effect the relationship/karma system.

Does choosing to try to escape effect peoples' views of her differently than doing nothing?

Damn, I'm glad I freed Giratina and dodged that bullet. 

According to the Relationship Guide:

No, the only Relationship-change is if you ignore Kenneth's warning to either stand still (no change), help Melia (Melia +1), defeat or lose to Kenneth (Keta +1/- 1 respectively)

12 minutes ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

defeat or lose to Kenneth (Keta +1/- 1 respectively)

I didn't realize winning that battle was optional though I prefer to go for the win regardless. 

The Madame X/Yvetil battle is the one exception since it's chained to the Neven battle and I didn't want to redo that a bunch. 

3 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I didn't realize winning that battle was optional though I prefer to go for the win regardless. 

The Madame X/Yvetil battle is the one exception since it's chained to the Neven battle and I didn't want to redo that a bunch. 

That battle seems actually impossible to win. The move Decimate seems to always hit, and with it being ~60 levels higher than you it should always outspeed. Maybe if you can somehow prankster toxic it, then protect repeatedly? Would that even work thought? 

Edit: I also like to always win my battles. The only ones I lost and did not reload for where

Spoiler

Madame X battle, A single battle v Amanda that I was too lazy to reload for (would need to redo grinding) and the battle against Melia and Aelita atop the pyramid which I intentionally threw (cause it was pretty obvious lol). I guess I also lost the battle as Goomnik against the Emboar but your meant to lose that one just like the Madame X battle...

Edited by pizzagod13

4 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Actually I just looked. It is possible to do so. Sturdy/Endeavor + priority move will do it. You can also stall it out since it seems to only know the one move, that way it dies to struggle. You get like 40000 for winning, but story still plays out the same way.

9 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Actually I just looked. It is possible to do so. Sturdy/Endeavor + priority move will do it. You can also stall it out since it seems to only know the one move, that way it dies to struggle. You get like 40000 for winning, but story still plays out the same way.

She also says something interesting when she loses:

Spoiler

"Father, I have lost."

• Global Mods
12 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Iirc Sturdy actually doesn't protect from Decimation in the newer vers. However- you CAN use a Fletchling ( though I recommend having evolved it into Talonflame so it can actually do stuff in the Neved battle ) with Quick Guard ( the ones on Oceana Pier come with this move ) to stall out all the Decimation PP ( should be 10pp ) and then she should struggle to death in four struggles afterwards. As long as you have that Fletchling/Talonflame up front with Quick Guard, you should be good.

7 hours ago, Cerise said:

Iirc Sturdy actually doesn't protect from Decimation in the newer vers. However- you CAN use a Fletchling ( though I recommend having evolved it into Talonflame so it can actually do stuff in the Neved battle ) with Quick Guard ( the ones on Oceana Pier come with this move ) to stall out all the Decimation PP ( should be 10pp ) and then she should struggle to death in four struggles afterwards. As long as you have that Fletchling/Talonflame up front with Quick Guard, you should be good.

Interesting, so Decimate is a priority move then? I assumed it just went first cause of the level advantage. Ill have to keep that in mind if I do another playthrough, would be pretty funny to beat Madame X, kinda ruins the story a bit, since she is meant to be this scary unstoppable force, but you can just be her with a bird lol. 

8 hours ago, Cerise said:

Yes I saw a Youtuber use the Fletching/Quick Guard method. 
I hadn't expected that battle, had I this information then I certainly would have put it to use. 

Her losing statement is interesting, isn't that the same thing Melanie says in the ruined present?

• Global Mods
16 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Interesting, so Decimate is a priority move then? I assumed it just went first cause of the level advantage. Ill have to keep that in mind if I do another playthrough, would be pretty funny to beat Madame X, kinda ruins the story a bit, since she is meant to be this scary unstoppable force, but you can just be her with a bird lol. 

Yeah Decimate is a priority 1-hit KO move with 100% accuracy and ignores abilities ^^

The best pokemon against Madame X is Sawk (Sturdy), who learn Quick Guard, Endure, Counter. With these 3 move he should be able to solo Yveltal.

Turn 1 to Turn 10 (until she has used all Decimation) use Quick Guard, Turn 11 use Counter and after that use Endure. Best for Sawk to have max EV in HP so his Counter can do maximum damage