Melia and Crescent.

Magus543

A friend of mine shared this idea that Melia and Crescent are actually the same person but due to time travel and alternate dimensional shenanigans Crescent is now a future version of Melia or something to that effect. Conveniently i replayed the game with that in mind, and a LOT of things added up. 

Let's see, the name Crescent makes much more sense if you consider that she's another version of a person, in this case Melia, Crescent seems to know a lot of things that only Melia could have, like Ren's crush which Crescent uses to play him like a fiddle for her, Crescent also has a shiny Gothitelle, Melia herself stated her Ralts was from Crescent, and a distrust/hatred of Spacea and Tiempa which would make more sense if she's Melia from a later date since Melia has the hatred for them. Not to mention that Anathea is mentioned to have black hair before being infused with the golden power.  Additionally it's interesting that Crescent makes fast friends with Melia, what better friend is there than yourself?

One big clue my friend stated was that the house that Crescent is in when we die, is seen later on, and Melia lived there before. Why would Crescent take so much nostalgia in a house that Melia used to live in? Crescent stating the future isn't set in stone which is something Melia would definitely know about if she's a future version. This would also explain Crescent and Melia's fondness for the player in that they lived together in some capacity. As noted in the AMA Melia wears the same outfit as Crescent does post black steeple, so that's a supporting clue right there. Crescent having the same power as Melia would explain why Crescent is so powerful and can defy Spacea and Tiempa. Not to mention Crescent captured Zetta for a reason.

However there is a gaping hole i've noticed, the time travel rules state that 2 versions of the same people cannot exist at same time. However, we must consider alternate dimensions existing, look at Cera and her similar name and appearance to Cella AKA the Eldest they both exist together assuming they are the same person which is likely considering the similarities, and that Erin at one point in the library raises the possibility of alternate dimensions. The rules only say time, not dimensional counterparts. And on the topic of names, Dahlia and Melia have the same last three letters, it does fit the themes of Cera and Cella, for example.

And speaking of names, notice how all the PC's start with A? It's interesting that the As in Dahlia and Melia are at the end. 

What do you guys think? Note that this becomes all the more interesting if we take into consideration all the theories that Crescent is our mother...

That's an interesting idea, like a dark version of Melia who doesn't have such a nice personality. But I feel like Crescent's powers are from Garufa magic, not from Arceus like Melia's. Remember that Garufans can use magic similar to their pokemon's powers, so she might have gotten psychic powers from her Gothitelle. Also, if they had the same power, wouldn't Crescent's hair be blond too?

I guess in this hypothetical scenario, Crescent still has some light but not enough to make her hair blond and has to compensate with Garufa magic. We know that Anathea originally had black hair. 

Another detail to add, is that if Crescent really is an alternate Melia, that would mean that the timeline may be trying to delete her and that explains her dialogue in Nightmare city. Time is literally against her. 

About the names it's a huge stretch, im fairly sure it mostly just indicates the link between Adrest and the MC's. Maybe Interceptor for whatever reason only takes people that starts with A, i dunno. 
Also if Crescent is a future version of Melia, why join Spacea and Tiempa to begin with? Crescent was with them for quite a while, and never warned Kanon, Melia or Rhodea or anyone about anything or done nothing implying that she knows what happened to Melia. 

Crescent's power indeed looks more Garufan in nature, and they are known for placing curses, and Garufan power usually have a price. Affecting Crescent is either that, or she knows something about Storm-9 we arent aware of, maybe the date it's coming again. 

Why did Crescent push Shirley from the cliff then if she knew Saki would save her anyway? Why she allowed herself to be ambushed by White Surfers? Why she was late to the mountain fight if she knew MC will die there? All of it doesnt make sense.

About why she captured Zetta, i can see 2 other reasons. First, he was the only person to be able to open Dimensional Rifts, most likely because of the botched copy of Melia's power. Second, even though Zetta doesnt have Melia's power, maybe she can research him and find some traces of it and use it in some ways. 

Personally i think that theory is a stretch and i see no logic behind Crescent actions if that was the case, but i do admit i didnt replay it for quite some time. 

I feel if Crescent and Melia were the same person but the first one time traveled to get to us, the other time travellers (aka Freya and skateboarder guy) would have given a hint about that since they know Crescent enough to know her real name. Plus, her powers differ in style from Melia and in origin (Melia's come from Arceus, which is what made her hair golden... This is independent of the goodness of her like look at Melanie). 

In a meta way, Melia's versions always share the name beginning with an M: Melia, Maria, Marianette, Melanie... 

However, nothing is to say Dahlia couldn't be actually related to Melia, like an older sister or her mother's relative

On 3/30/2020 at 8:34 PM, Cyphre said:

About the names it's a huge stretch, im fairly sure it mostly just indicates the link between Adrest and the MC's. Maybe Interceptor for whatever reason only takes people that starts with A, i dunno. 
Also if Crescent is a future version of Melia, why join Spacea and Tiempa to begin with? Crescent was with them for quite a while, and never warned Kanon, Melia or Rhodea or anyone about anything or done nothing implying that she knows what happened to Melia. 

Crescent's power indeed looks more Garufan in nature, and they are known for placing curses, and Garufan power usually have a price. Affecting Crescent is either that, or she knows something about Storm-9 we arent aware of, maybe the date it's coming again. 

Why did Crescent push Shirley from the cliff then if she knew Saki would save her anyway? Why she allowed herself to be ambushed by White Surfers? Why she was late to the mountain fight if she knew MC will die there? All of it doesnt make sense.

About why she captured Zetta, i can see 2 other reasons. First, he was the only person to be able to open Dimensional Rifts, most likely because of the botched copy of Melia's power. Second, even though Zetta doesnt have Melia's power, maybe she can research him and find some traces of it and use it in some ways. 

Personally i think that theory is a stretch and i see no logic behind Crescent actions if that was the case, but i do admit i didnt replay it for quite some time. 

Hasn't the player's own existence messed with the plot already? People keep noting that the Player is an unplanned variable, Madam X states they weren't around before and initially doesn't understand why we are so important that she has to save us for some reason, and Spacia and Tiema are just as surprised as anyone else if Souta is to be believed. Also recall that Crescent barely respects them at all, and even invites herself to their attempt at recruiting Melia, with a plan already prepared. That part i find curious. 

Speaking off, if the theory that Crescent is our mother is true, it's going to be an interesting conversation with Melia. Lol. 

I hope the Crescent is our mother theory is false. I don't want a character that I actively dislike to be my mother, since it means that the story may have us getting buddy buddy with the person who manipulated Ren into joining the evil team, attempted to push Sharon to her death, assisted in the manipulation of Melia, and took Zetta out of the plot. Though it would be funny if she was both our mother and Melia. Especially since you can completely destroy Melia's trust in you.

Edited by Tikkit

7 hours ago, Tikkit said:

I hope the Crescent is our mother theory is false. I don't want a character that I actively dislike to be my mother, since it means that the story may have us getting buddy buddy with the person who manipulated Ren into joining the evil team, attempted to push Sharon to her death, assisted in the manipulation of Melia, and took Zetta out of the plot. Though it would be funny if she was both our mother and Melia. Especially since you can completely destroy Melia's trust in you.

I think it would help to give the character dynamics some deepness. If Crescent would end up being MC's real/biological mother, she would, at best, be some shade of grey as an anti-hero (with oh-and-now-i-must-leave-my-offspring-without-knowing-our-bond drama), and it could be the player's choice to like her more, or to go back to the "Mother" we knew, Nancy, the "fake" one but also the one that showed us love.