final team member!

Ghostea

hi it's me again! sorry if this post is long.

i followed everyone's advice on my last post and used some recommended pokemon (lycanroc dusk, dusclops, muk, etc) for my team + rotation.

however, i'm getting further into rejuvenation and wanted to switch things up a little and add some new mons to my squad for the difficulties ahead!

while i will be using more than 6 pokemon, i like the idea of a "main" (????) squad for rp purposes, and i'm not sure who my last team member should be.

here's my team so far:

feraligatr - adamant - sheer force

• aqua tail (will be replaced with liquidation when available)
  • dragon dance
  • ice fang
  • crunch

roserade  - modest - natural cure

• giga drain
  • extrasensory
  • toxic spikes
  • venoshock

chandelure - timid - flash fire

• heat wave
  • shadow ball
  • will-o-wisp
  • ????

umbreon - impish - synchronize

• payback (will be replaced with foul play when available)
  • yawn
  • curse
  • wish

i plan on using gardevoir as my 5th team member when i get access to it soon, which is why i haven't used sylveon as people suggested.

who do you all think would compliment my team and their weaknesses nicely? i'm fogging up my brain overthinking it.

everyone's suggestions worked great last time so i figured i'd ask for help again! i currently have 7 gym badges, btw.

It's been a while since I played Rejuv, I don't remember anything about what is available at this point, but I would exchange Roserade Ability to Technician and give it Magical Leaf, resulting in 90 PWR to the move, doesn't work with Venoshock unfortunately, but does work with Hidden Power, and it's a good coverage for your team and for Roserade itself. Also I would change Ice Fang for Ice Punch in Fera (again, I don't know if it is available).

Right now, with the addition of Gardevoir to the team, you would be lacking effectivness against Normal and Electric mons, I would add a Ground Pokemon to the team, so you can deal with the Electric ones, and add a Fighting move in one of your members. For Ground pokemons I suggest Excadrill, Krookodile, Nidoking and Rhyperior (in order of my taste haha) all of them learn the TM Brick Break, also Fera learns it and the move Superpower, but this last I don't think would be a good addition to the team.

Ah, I remember well when I fought the flying leader, I wouldn't be able to hit with any of my mons, because it gets a lot of speed boosts from the terrain, climate and a seed his first mon is holding. To mitigate the effects, I used a Altaria with the ability Cloud Nine, so I could at least take one of its boosts off. After that the fight was cake. I don't know if Jan have changed this battle, but I suggest you think about Altaria, at least for rotation.

Hope I helped. See ya~

7 minutes ago, Trufa said:

It's been a while since I played Rejuv, I don't remember anything about what is available at this point, but I would exchange Roserade Ability to Technician and give it Magical Leaf, resulting in 90 PWR to the move, doesn't work with Venoshock unfortunately, but does work with Hidden Power, and it's a good coverage for your team and for Roserade itself. Also I would change Ice Fang for Ice Punch in Fera (again, I don't know if it is available).

Right now, with the addition of Gardevoir to the team, you would be lacking effectivness against Normal and Electric mons, I would add a Ground Pokemon to the team, so you can deal with the Electric ones, and add a Fighting move in one of your members. For Ground pokemons I suggest Excadrill, Krookodile, Nidoking and Rhyperior (in order of my taste haha) all of them learn the TM Brick Break, also Fera learns it and the move Superpower, but this last I don't think would be a good addition to the team.

Ah, I remember well when I fought the flying leader, I wouldn't be able to hit with any of my mons, because it gets a lot of speed boosts from the terrain, climate and a seed his first mon is holding. To mitigate the effects, I used a Altaria with the ability Cloud Nine, so I could at least take one of its boosts off. After that the fight was cake. I don't know if Jan have changed this battle, but I suggest you think about Altaria, at least for rotation.

Hope I helped. See ya~

i'll change roserade's ability and give it magical leaf, and hidden power when i find it! 

i was actually thinking Nidoking earlier!! i don't think i've ever used it and i want to try it out!

the only thing though is that i was going to make him a mixed attacker, considering my only hard hitting physical attacker is Feraligatr. do you think Nidoking is okay mixed? i know he's usually played as a special attacker.

and that's great advice, thank you so much! this helped loads!

I think Umbreon isn't that useful, since defensive pokemon as a whole aren't that good in the hyper offense of games like Rejuvenation. You'll go A LOT better with something like Weavile, Spiritomb or Honchkrow. Ground types are also super useful in the team, like Gastrodon, Nidoking (you get it as early as 4th gym, i think i said that before) or even Dugtrio. Since you mentioned Nidoking, I'd say go for only special, it doesn't get a lot of pshysical moves that can benefit of Sheer Force. Depending on where you are, it gets a lot of special moves, and it can get Earth Power via level up. 

Edited by Gastronely

11 hours ago, Gastronely said:

I think Umbreon isn't that useful, since defensive pokemon as a whole aren't that good in the hyper offense of games like Rejuvenation. You'll go A LOT better with something like Weavile, Spiritomb or Honchkrow. Ground types are also super useful in the team, like Gastrodon, Nidoking (you get it as early as 4th gym, i think i said that before) or even Dugtrio. Since you mentioned Nidoking, I'd say go for only special, it doesn't get a lot of pshysical moves that can benefit of Sheer Force. Depending on where you are, it gets a lot of special moves, and it can get Earth Power via level up. 

will I be alright without a tank if i replace Umbreon though? 😯

18 hours ago, budew said:

hi it's me again! sorry if this post is long.

i followed everyone's advice on my last post and used some recommended pokemon (lycanroc dusk, dusclops, muk, etc) for my team + rotation.

however, i'm getting further into rejuvenation and wanted to switch things up a little and add some new mons to my squad for the difficulties ahead!

while i will be using more than 6 pokemon, i like the idea of a "main" (????) squad for rp purposes, and i'm not sure who my last team member should be.

here's my team so far:

feraligatr - adamant - sheer force

• aqua tail (will be replaced with liquidation when available)
  • dragon dance
  • ice fang
  • crunch

roserade  - modest - natural cure

• giga drain
  • extrasensory
  • toxic spikes
  • venoshock

chandelure - timid - flash fire

• heat wave
  • shadow ball
  • will-o-wisp
  • ????

umbreon - impish - synchronize

• payback (will be replaced with foul play when available)
  • yawn
  • curse
  • wish

i plan on using gardevoir as my 5th team member when i get access to it soon, which is why i haven't used sylveon as people suggested.

who do you all think would compliment my team and their weaknesses nicely? i'm fogging up my brain overthinking it.

everyone's suggestions worked great last time so i figured i'd ask for help again! i currently have 7 gym badges, btw.

Honestly a pretty solid team, I'm by no means an expert on competitive teams but your team definitely has a good balance and can definitely take you pretty far.

1 hour ago, budew said:

will I be alright without a tank if i replace Umbreon though?

I have a philosophy that if you hit first and hit hard, you won't need a tank xD I do agree that Umbreon should be changed, mostly because I don't like that stalling strategy, but I wouldn't want to interfere on your already built team.

40 minutes ago, ThyMajicConch said:

Honestly a pretty solid team, I'm by no means an expert on competitive teams but your team definitely has a good balance and can definitely take you pretty far.

thank you very much 😊

14 minutes ago, Trufa said:

I have a philosophy that if you hit first and hit hard, you won't need a tank xD I do agree that Umbreon should be changed, mostly because I don't like that stalling strategy, but I wouldn't want to interfere on your already built team.

no interference at all! i did ask for help! 😁

1 hour ago, budew said:

will I be alright without a tank if i replace Umbreon though? 😯

It's better to have one, because some opponents' pokemon are too fast and they kill you in one hit, especially those with much higher levelled mons, so you need something to tank them.

But I'd recommend having both types: Something very bulky, but also really fast ones like Lycanroc, Crobat, Weavile, Jolteon or Noivern, so you can outspeed some dangerous mons.

Good defensive ones are Cofagrigus, Ferrothorn, Bronzong, Dusclops/Dusknoir or Toxapex. Those with only one high defense value can be good as well since their respective stat can be much higher than of most other tanks, but you'll have to use them against the right opponent only. For example many Rock and Steel types have a very high physical defense, so you should only use them against physical attackers. Many important trainers have balanced teams though, so you'll have to predict their moves; but tanks specialized in one defense stat can be very hard to kill if played right.

Also make sure that it's type combination gives it lots of resistances. Steel has by far the most, so they take less damage from most attacks and generally make for excellent tanks.

In my opinion it's much better to have a balance between offense and defense, but in the end it's up to you and your playstyle which kind of fighting style you prefer.

21 minutes ago, Edo said:

It's better to have one, because some opponents' pokemon are too fast and they kill you in one hit, especially those with much higher levelled mons, so you need something to tank them.

But I'd recommend having both types: Something very bulky, but also really fast ones like Lycanroc, Crobat, Weavile, Jolteon or Noivern, so you can outspeed some dangerous mons.

Good defensive ones are Cofagrigus, Ferrothorn, Bronzong, Dusclops/Dusknoir or Toxapex. Those with only one high defense value can be good as well since their respective stat can be much higher than of most other tanks, but you'll have to use them against the right opponent only. For example many Rock and Steel types have a very high physical defense, so you should only use them against physical attackers. Many important trainers have balanced teams though, so you'll have to predict their moves; but tanks specialized in one defense stat can be very hard to kill if played right.

Also make sure that it's type combination gives it lots of resistances. Steel has by far the most, so they take less damage from most attacks and generally make for excellent tanks.

In my opinion it's much better to have a balance between offense and defense, but in the end it's up to you and your playstyle which kind of fighting style you prefer.

Umbreon has been taking hits like a champ! she helped me through a couple of hard fights. and hm... i don't think i have anything super fast like those mons. my fastest are my Roserade and Chandelure..

those defensive ones sound good, but the problem is they repeat types i already have on my team! should i be replacing anyone?

1 minute ago, budew said:

Umbreon has been taking hits like a champ! she helped me through a couple of hard fights. and hm... i don't think i have anything super fast like those mons. my fastest are my Roserade and Chandelure..

those defensive ones sound good, but the problem is they repeat types i already have on my team! should i be replacing anyone?

You don't need to replace anyone, your team is good as it is. Tanks are more about being good at defense, not which types you have. Even if two mons have the same type, that shouldn't be a problem.

But I understand not wanting that, and I agree to what others already said about Ground types being a good fit as your last member, but you also don't have any Ground resistance.

Umbreon and Gardevoir have a good SpDefense, so I suggest a good physical tank that's either Ground type: Hippowdon, Mudsdale, Steelix or Torterra, which is also resistant to Ground;

or something that has Flying type/Levitate to be completely immune to Ground, like Bronzong, Skarmory, Rotom or Gliscor (which is Ground as well, so I guess this would be a really good fit).

41 minutes ago, budew said:

I also don't think you should be replacing anyone. Since you don't have any Rock, Ground and Flying resistances I would say that Magneton could be useful even if it is Special defense than Physical. At least you can use Sturdy to guarantee one attack or a Thunder Wave. Probably I would swap it with Gliscor or Skarmory once they become avaible.

4 hours ago, Edo said:

You don't need to replace anyone, your team is good as it is. Tanks are more about being good at defense, not which types you have. Even if two mons have the same type, that shouldn't be a problem.

But I understand not wanting that, and I agree to what others already said about Ground types being a good fit as your last member, but you also don't have any Ground resistance.

Umbreon and Gardevoir have a good SpDefense, so I suggest a good physical tank that's either Ground type: Hippowdon, Mudsdale, Steelix or Torterra, which is also resistant to Ground;

or something that has Flying type/Levitate to be completely immune to Ground, like Bronzong, Skarmory, Rotom or Gliscor (which is Ground as well, so I guess this would be a really good fit).

4 hours ago, TripleHHH said:

I also don't think you should be replacing anyone. Since you don't have any Rock, Ground and Flying resistances I would say that Magneton could be useful even if it is Special defense than Physical. At least you can use Sturdy to guarantee one attack or a Thunder Wave. Probably I would swap it with Gliscor or Skarmory once they become avaible.

sounds like Gliscor might be a good addition too!! i'll look into Magneton as well! thank you both!!!

I believe that Alolan Muk is a good idea, for the reason being a pretty defensive and also hits hard, just is really slow. knock off/crunch gunk shot, acid armor, and one of the elemental punches if possible, it is a suggestion for replacing umbreon, you would have to go somewhere to get alolan grimer as a shadow, i just don't remember, hope this helps