Petition to nerf rock blast

CritShot921

Has anyone else noticed how freakishly strong rock blast it?

It is actually ridiculous, here is an example

you are fighting a toucannon, It has skill link, it uses rock blast, rock blast if it hits is now a 125 base power move with 90 accuracy with 5 times the normal crit odds, so landing one crit is about equal to every hit of this move critting. Now here is the funny part you know zap cannon?

That strong electric move?Yep it has 120 base power and 50 accuracy.

Is there something that I and sirius's rock blast spamming toucannon are missing? (mainly sirius) 

For the most part this is a joke, please don't take it to seriously, just wanted to express the struggle of sirius's darn toucannon 2 shotting me with rock blast. Guess what It has hit me with rock blast 20 times in a row without a single miss I confused it 4 times no confusion hit, It has crit with it 5 times in a row TWICE 

Please help this is literally killing me.

• Hmm 3

56 minutes ago, CritShot921 said:

Has anyone else noticed how freakishly strong rock blast it?

It is actually ridiculous, here is an example

you are fighting a toucannon, It has skill link, it uses rock blast, rock blast if it hits is now a 125 base power move with 90 accuracy with 5 times the normal crit odds, so landing one crit is about equal to every hit of this move critting. Now here is the funny part you know zap cannon?

That strong electric move?Yep it has 120 base power and 50 accuracy.

Is there something that I and sirius's rock blast spamming toucannon are missing? (mainly sirius) 

For the most part this is a joke, please don't take it to seriously, just wanted to express the struggle of sirius's darn toucannon 2 shotting me with rock blast. Guess what It has hit me with rock blast 20 times in a row without a single miss I confused it 4 times no confusion hit, It has crit with it 5 times in a row TWICE 

Please help this is literally killing me.

How far are you in the game? whats your team and what mon in your rotation?, depending on how much progress you made i can recommenced several different mon that can be caught or trained at that time and some strategies, but the basic idea is to out-speed it and kill it fast, if your mon is generally slow you can catch fletching in front of corey's gym, trained it into talonflame and have it learned tailwind it will double your speed then just sweep it with it type weakness

3 hours ago, CritShot921 said:

Guess what It has hit me with rock blast 20 times in a row without a single miss I confused it 4 times no confusion hit,

It should be noted that a 90% accurate move hitting twenty times in a row actually isn't that odd. It will happen approximately 12% of the time. As for the confusion, eh that's just a Pokemon thing. Confusion never EVER works if you are the one using it, while working every single fucking time your pokemon are confused. Similar to how freezing always wears off immediately if you freeze the opponent, but your Pokemon just sits there until it faints frozen solid. And of course the accuracy of Rock Slide being about 10% despite the displayed number being 90.

• Global Mods

For what it's worth, I think multi-hit moves only check accuracy once, not per hit.
Also, Consider that it's also dedicating it's ability slot to get that power. By comparison, a Sheer Force pokemon is effectively turning 90BP moves into 117BP, and with greater variety than skill link moves, most of which also have 100% accuracy. (I'm thinking Nidoking with things like earth power, sludge bomb, ice beam, thunderbolt).
Finally, despite it's high BP, Zap Cannon would generally be considered kind of a bad move, at least in my opinion. So it's probably not the best thing to compare to. Then again, if you consider move+ability as above, Imagine Zap Cannon + No Guard. suddenly you've got a perfectly accurate 120 power move that has 100% chance to paralyze, which overall would probably be considered stronger than skill link rock blast.

Only a single hit gets boosted when it's a crit, not all. That was a thing in the old gens only, maybe only 1st gen even.

And like Dreamblitz said, you have to compare both move and ability. And in the case of Skill Link, there are very few moves that take advantage of it, so you can easily predict your opponent's move.

Edited by Edo
  • Upvote 1

i wouldnt think toucannon would be that much of problem considering toucannon has such a low speed stat for it to do pretty much anything

and even then if it gets a hit on you  theres soooooooo many things avalible to you at this point that would either resit it or go first and kill it (e.g Luxray,Mamowsine my faveriote,Aggron,Gigalith,alolan raichu and many many more)