Pokemon Reborn EXTREME [Mod][Full Beta]

Smooge

Pokemon Reborn EXTREME

What is this Mod about?
This is a hack aimed at changing Pokemon and game difficulty, but to a more extreme degree(Or as someone told me, "memeborn tier bs"). Not only is the game more difficult, but I buffed EVERY Pokemon massively, including stats, much better movepools, and abilities. How massive? Let's take a look at Samurott, a Pokemon often considered one of the worst starters.

Spoiler

[503]
Name=Samurott
InternalName=SAMUROTT
Type1=WATER
Type2=FIGHTING
BaseStats=125,160,104,100,170,104 (HP, Atk, Def, Spe, Sp.Atk, Sp.Def)
GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
GrowthRate=Parabolic
BaseEXP=238
EffortPoints=0,0,0,0,3,0
Rareness=45
Happiness=70
Abilities=TORRENT,LIGHTNINGROD
HiddenAbility=ADAPTABILITY

In addition to Torrent, Samurott now has access to 2 great abilities in Lightning Rod and Adaptability, along with the fighting type. It's movepool also accommodates its new POWERFUL attacking capabilities.

The point of this mod is to make every Pokemon viable for a playthrough, while also adding difficulty to the game that matches some other mods that exist. I've been told that Terra is a nightmare.
Some may think based on that Samurott that this game is an unbalanced mess... And as of right now you're slightly right, I've been doing A LOT of balancing and I think I have the game in a reasonably releasable state. There will not be any updates to this mod until after e19, all the time will be spent balancing based on what I see in this thread, and in the Reborn-mods channel on discord. (I will also start working on a Rejuvenation version)

This game is honestly best played with Debug mode, so I have left scripts with debug on in the main folder. The PBS is also included so you can browse all new Pokemon changes, or even the trainers if you're interested in that. (Oops theres 2, its the folder PBS not the winrar or 7zip one)

It is also compatible with any mod that does not directly change the scripts or PBS.
Features:

• Buffed Pokemon, every Pokemon is "broken".
  • Completely remade gym leaders, some teams are completely different than before, while some use similar Pokemon but more complementary movesets according to the field.
  • A "tech nerd" NPC that sells you EV training items, which now MAX out a stat with only 1 use. (This game expects you to be EV trained before Florinia)
  • A somewhat large list of type changes, move changes, and an item change. 
  • All Team Meteor battles are now more difficult.
  • 18.2 AI

All type changes, move changes, and more:

Spoiler

Arbok-Poison/Dark
Golduck-Water/Psychic
Raichu-Electric/Fighting
Seadra-Water/Poison
Dratini-Dragon/Water
Dragonair-Dragon/Water
Sudowoodo-Rock/Grass
Granbull-Fairy/Fighting
Zangoose-Normal/Fighting
Seviper-Poison/Dark
Solrock-Rock/Fire
Lunatone-Rock/Fairy
Milotic-Water/Fairy
Castform-Ghost-Psychic/Fire/Ice/Water
Delcatty-Normal/Fairy
Glalie-Ice/Dark
Illumise-Bug/Fairy
Volbeat-Bug/Fighting
Vibrava-Ground/Bug
Luxray-Electric/Dark
Pachirisu-Electric/Normal
Floatzel-Water/Fighting
Lopunny-Normal/Fighting
Mismagius-Ghost/Fairy
Purugly-Normal/Dark
Cresselia-Psychic/Fairy
Phione-Water/Fairy
Manaphy-Water/Fairy
Darkrai-Dark/Ghost
Shaymin-Grass/Fairy
Serperior-Grass/Dragon
Samurott-Water/Fighting
Watchog-Normal/Psychic
Purrloin-Dark/Normal
Liepard-Dark/Normal
Stoutland-Normal/Ground
Simisage-Grass/Fighting
Simisear-Fire/Poison
Simipour-Water/Fairy
Musharna-Psychic/Fairy
Audino-Normal/Fairy
Gigalith-Rock/Steel
Lilligant-Grass/Fire (I know, its a bit of a stretch.)
Basculin-Water/Dark
Gothitelle-Psychic/Dark
Alomomola-Water/Psychic
Eelektross-Electric/Water
Klinklang-Steel/Electric
Shelmet-Bug/Water
Accelgor-Bug/Dark
Cofagrigus-Ghost/Poison
Druddigon-Dragon/Fighting
Heatmor-Fire/Ground
Mienshao-Fighting/Psychic
Haxorus-Dragon/Steel
Meowstic-Psychic/Fighting
Florges-Fairy/Grass
Sliggoo-Dragon/Water
Goodra-Dragon/Water
Slurpuff-Fairy/Fighting
Lurantis-Grass/Fighting
Tsareena-Grass/Fairy
Pyukumuku-Water/Normal
Crabrawler-Fighting/Water (Has similar stats as Crabominable, so you dont have to evolve it into that ...crabomination.)
Zeraora-Electric/Fighting 

Move Changes - BP=Base Power - %=Accuracy
Water Pulse 60BP 100% - 80BP 100%
Night Daze 85BP 95% - 100BP 100%
Spike Cannon [Changed to Steel Type] 20BP 100% - 25BP 100%
Comet Punch [Changed to Fighting Type] 18BP 85% - 25BP 100%
Fury Swipes [Changed to Dark Type] 18BP 80% - 25BP 100%
Barrage [Changed to Fire Type] 15BP 85% - 25BP 100%
Double Slap [Changed to Fairy Type] 15BP 85% - 25BP 100%
Fury Attack [Changed to Flying Type] 15BP 85% - 25BP 100%
Arm Thrust 15BP 100% - 25BP 100%
Water Shuriken 15BP 100% - 20BP 100%
Octazooka 65BP 85% - 100BP 100% (Now boosted by Mega Launcher)
Shadow Punch 60BP 100% - 75BP 100%
Plasma Fists 100BP 100% - 110BP 100%
Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang 65BP 95% - 75BP 100%
Poison Fang 50BP 100% - 75BP 100%
Sucker Punch 70BP 100% - 80BP 100%
Drain Punch 75BP 100% - 80BP 100%
Dizzy Punch 70BP 100% - 85BP 100%
Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch 75BP 100% - 85BP 100%
Aura Sphere 80BP ~% - 90BP ~%
Beak Blast - Now works like Flying Press; it's now simultaneously Flying/Fire type and has a 20% chance to Burn. No longer has decreased priority.
Blaze Kick 85BP 90% - 95BP 100%
Flash Cannon - Now boosted by Mega Launcher 
Mega Kick [Changed to Fighting Type] 120BP 75% - 120BP 90% (Now has 20% chance to flinch, and 15PP instead of 5PP)
Dragon Rush 100BP 75% - 100BP 90%
Dragon Pulse - Now has a 10% chance to Paralyze.
Magma Storm 100BP 75% - 140BP 100%
Drill Run 80BP 95% - 90BP 100% (Now has 20% chance to flinch.)

Item Changes
Protective Pads are now a Physical version of the Assault Vest, while also retaining it's original effects.
Assault Vest can now be found where the Amplifield rock usually is (This is a nerf to field changing, while giving you something worth using.)
Since it can no longer be obtained, Amplifield rock now makes Trick Room last 21 turns on certain fields. Have fun!
Extreme Evoboost is now used with Hyper Voice

Other
El has his own music now, along with an actual team.

Features planned for e19:

• A large end game gauntlet I'm calling the "Pit of 100 Trials" where you fight 90 trainers and 10 bosses on 10 different fields, while only being able to change your team every 10 battles.
  • An overhaul of wild encounters, events, and other things. Since every Pokemon will be "broken", there shouldn't be a need to have some Pokemon be so far into the game.
  • Custom events
  • Anything else I think of between now and that release

After 2 long years of development and procrastination, I present the download link:
https://mega.nz/#!HjxljYYJ!RoYPYQURs9v5gszKHiIzUezqS-X-LjMQmlt3hUVNnFU
The game will create its own folder for saves, so no need to backup any of your current Reborn saves and stuff.

Please keep in mind that this is only a beta release, it is not completely in the state where I want it to be, some important battles may be much easier than others, and I am continually working on making every battle as hard as others. You can message me any bugs you find on discord at Smooge#7338, I am also open to suggestions!
Also for those who followed the development thread, thanks for all the support. Some of the stuff mentioned in that thread is not yet in this version, but will be with e19.

I made a mistake with the Corsola question in Florinia's Gym, the correct answer is 745 and not 735
oops

• Upvote 8

Haha, dude. I have been waiting for this! So excited to play with pokemon I like that are kinda crappy officially!

2 hours ago, Reino20 said:

im have one problem with teddiursa chase  so im want some help with reseting

What is the problem? What are you trying to reset? 

Just finished up a Normal monotype run (no items, no terrain moves, set mode) and first off wanted to say thanks for making it, was a lot of fun to play and secondly I'll give my two cents after playing through it.

I always like mods that encourage using pokes that have traditionally been useless/weak and Fearow and Delcatty were early game monsters and of all pokes it was probably Gogoat that put in the most work over the run. Difficulty is always hard to accurately talk about when I've only done one playthrough but I really liked the difficulty curve this game has. The other mods throw you in the deep end of insane difficulty and this one gradually rises towards it with every Meteor battle and the gauntlets being very difficult towards the end. The exception to this is the very first Aster & Eclipse fight which is a huge outlier in terms of difficulty; hardest among all the modpacks and probably the hardest fight until El and while I don't think everything should be balanced around challenge runs this very first fight stops many monotypes which is unfortunate. I'd like to see it nerfed a bit or Fern buffed, seeing Rhyhorn die in one hit to even Power Gem is sad. If you are struggling with it I found Pachirisu with cotton guard+parabolic charge can solo the fight if you kill the lunatone beforehand. I did end up having to install something to cap exp at level cap when I got to Glass Gauntlet, but honestly with most difficulty mods it is better to have one installed from the beginning, probably used over a hundred common candies.

As far as bugs go in the beta I didn't find too many. For movesets I did see a lot of pokemon learning the same move twice a few times (bouffalant jump kick at 26 and 46 for example). Dark Void was added to some pokemon but since Gen 7 only Darkrai or pokemon transformed into Darkrai can use the move. On fighting Titania's Aegislash the ability seems to bug out when you transform into it. It doesn't have Stance Change but when ditto transformed into it, it would activate stance change on using an attack but instead of changing forms it would change back into a ditto. The Golbat from the first Glitch field fight in ametrine city would cause an error message when trying to attack, but it wouldn't crash the game it just prevented it from attacking. You changed Eevee's Z-move to work off Hyper Voice but you can only equip the stone while Eevee knows Last Resort. Easy workaround though, just have it know Last Resort, give it the stone and then replace the move. I wasn't doing many of the side quests so I don't know if there are any bugs there.

Given the wording of the first post I am not sure if you meant to make Amplified Rock impossible to get or just removed it from the early game because you can still buy it from the 9th floor of the department store. Harvest Snorlax is blessed.

Hardy.PNG

I'm seconding that Aster&Eclipse 1 is a huge difficulty jump. Fern is completely useless as his pokemon are outsped and OHKO'd by either enemy and he only has 3 of them. After clearing out every single trainer (including sidequests) available before this fight, I have a party of 3 at levels 15/18/19 which is not enough to essentially 1v2 this battle. Without access to even Grand Hall trainers at this point, we're left with the Peridot Alleyways to grind levels, which sucks isn't great when I'm trying to get pokemon up to 18ish just to stand a chance vs. these leads.

I will say I like that vitamins max out the stat's EV

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey @Smooge nice to know this mod, I'd like to know if it works with SWM Modular Pack. I have a team that took me long enough to bred on Vanilla Reborn, and I'd like to try them on you mod as well, and I don't want to repeat all the breedings. I don't really know, but maybe I can do it using the Debug you mentioned? I don't have a clue about that 😕 So, that's it. I'll give it a go after I finish Redux mod. See ya~

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 7:21 AM, Trufa said:

hey @Smooge nice to know this mod, I'd like to know if it works with SWM Modular Pack. I have a team that took me long enough to bred on Vanilla Reborn, and I'd like to try them on you mod as well, and I don't want to repeat all the breedings. I don't really know, but maybe I can do it using the Debug you mentioned? I don't have a clue about that 😕 So, that's it. I'll give it a go after I finish Redux mod. See ya~

I am SUPER late, but yes, it should work.

I was laughing at how weak Fern was, that stopped quickly when I reached the factory. God that's so mean XD

Then there's the two grunts with a Lunatone and Solrock and the foreboding grows after seeing their abilities... 

then WHAM first hard fight of the mod is Aster and Eclipse who totally dumpster Fern and I

• 3 months later...

@Smooge really enjoying this mod so far! However, there are a few things that have happened. It's said that the SWM Modular Modpack can work, however it says it's incompatible because it's in 18.2. Also, anyway to stop experience gain at the level cap? Kinda annoying to use Common Candy's after every trainer fight. I've seen other people who played the game with the SWM Modpack and have gained no experience. Just a few things I've had questions about.

7 hours ago, Hammerbro24 said:

@Smooge really enjoying this mod so far! However, there are a few things that have happened. It's said that the SWM Modular Modpack can work, however it says it's incompatible because it's in 18.2. Also, anyway to stop experience gain at the level cap? Kinda annoying to use Common Candy's after every trainer fight. I've seen other people who played the game with the SWM Modpack and have gained no experience. Just a few things I've had questions about.

Did you try the v59 version (on the first post of the SWM page) that is compatible with 18.1?

About exp cap, there is one of the Additional Options on Aironfaar's Mod Box, probably compatible since it was released long time ago, before the new E18.3+ changes.

• 4 months later...

Is there anything I can do myself to 'fix' Alolan Marowak? It learns Mind Blown instead of Shadow Bone at 27, but when you hover over the move the game crashes. Is this an intentional change? Cause it doesn't learn Shadow Claw via TM either, so you don't really have access to a ghost move...

Here is what happens when you go to the move relearner:
jI2GqIY.png

And when you go down to Mind Blown:
YIgGN9O.png

2 hours ago, Nicocchi said:

@QueenAriados No, this is its own stand-alone game. So it's like you did with normal Reborn: extract the folder anywhere, then just run the Game.exe within it. It'll create its own save files in your Saved Games folder.

When I click that download link it only downloads a .rar file - should a full folder be downloading?

1 hour ago, QueenAriados said:

When I click that download link it only downloads a .rar file - should a full folder be downloading?

The folder is in the .rar-file. You need a decompression program like WinRAR or 7zip to extract the folder from the .rar-file.

• Thanks 1