Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Veterans
1 minute ago, shinymissingno said:

Hey - curious question as I replay this game; is it possible to get a shiny of that  one early croagunk? Just before I start resetting over and over?

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get a shiny of it with enough soft resetting, if not, then the paint bucket item should work

The same happened the previous time too. Caz had disappeared from the face of earth and suddenly came back with an almost ready v4 update. Apparently this is how he does things. I think we re probably good

23 minutes ago, sandy said:

ah i see thanks for clearing it up, was sure it was February thanks

It says returning February 2018, but I think it will be march. Not everything goes according to a schedule. 

Besides, I'd hope that Caz doesn't work according to a schedule and rush out a final product.

Yeah, I don't believe anyone's heard from Caz since last year. Wouldn't hold your breath, if I were you.

Life happens, but one draws experiences from said life. The quality of Episode 4 was extremely high as a result of the hiatus beforehand. An eventual Episode 5 would probably have a similar level of quality.

• Veterans
6 hours ago, Tapu Fufu said:

If it says it's coming out in February, you can expect it in August. I've been in the Pokemon fangame community for long enough.

I doubt August, it'd be more realistic around late March, April or early June if Caz somehow found the time to work on Desolation.

So uh, I recently finished the story mode of this game (at least on Episode 4), and now I decided to start doing side-quest marathon... by that, I mean finding where could Bidoof possibly be in order to evolve it and show it to the Prof. guy by the Redcliff Lab.

I saw couple posts that it's around Keneph Jungle, and something about stairs leading to the cave, but I still haven't found exact location. If anyone is willing to help, can someone also provide a screenshot of the exact (or at least found) location of where Bidoof usually pops out? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. I literally just decided to walk around the cave by the first entrance of Tribe and as soon as I wanted to give up on searching and move on to the next location, I found a Bidoof there, so that's nice. I really just answered my own question, so gg.

Edited by Spooy
Being an impatient idiot

29 minutes ago, shinymissingno said:

Tried to remember why I stopped playing this game and started up my old file again. Oh right. Tristan keeps kicking my ass with his mega-lopunny. That's why I stopped playing.

Just get a Swalot with Stockpile, and like 10 super potions. Swalot will solo his entire team 

19 hours ago, shinymissingno said:

Tried to remember why I stopped playing this game and started up my old file again. Oh right. Tristan keeps kicking my ass with his mega-lopunny. That's why I stopped playing.

19 hours ago, memelord69 said:

Just get a Swalot with Stockpile, and like 10 super potions. Swalot will solo his entire team 

I did it by Through revives, slowing down his mega lopunny via thunder fang paralysis or Scary face with Luxray, then proceeding to cross chop KO with a primeape.

I agree though, lopunny is broken. I think Caz should nerf Tristan. This game has its shortcomings. It is only in it's fourth version, after all.

9 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I did it by Through revives, slowing down his mega lopunny via thunder fang paralysis or Scary face with Luxray, then proceeding to cross chop KO with a primeape.

I agree though, lopunny is broken. I think Caz should nerf Tristan. This game has its shortcomings. It is only in it's fourth version, after all.

Tristan has been nerfed in the past, I had a hard time dealing with him myself after the nerf. I couldn't imagine what his team would be like back then...

13 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I personally had more trouble against his Staraptor and Heliolisk since I didn't have good counters against them in my team. Lopunny was easy since I had an Aggron with Protect, so I just baited High Jump Kick and had it kill itself with the recoil damage.

40 minutes ago, Ruby Red said:

Anyone know where to get a Shinx?? I’ve looked just about everywhere but no luck ;;

Shinx can be found in the woods North-West of Addenfall (where you fight Amelia for the first time).

Hello, I'm kind a new member on this site. I visit from time to time but I've never signed up, I just stop by to read the forum and try the games that's it. I made account recently just in case I ever had something to say and I guess that time has come. I'm actually stuck on a part in this game, its the gym battle with Emily. I have a team of Graveler, Sceptile, Machamp, Krookadile, Magmar, and Greninja (I know gren isn't much help in a electric gym but I don't have a replacement really so he's just there) all around the late 40s. She bodies me every time and I'm starting to think my team is just bad tbh. If possible I'd like some tips for this fight. 

24 minutes ago, Dimegod said:

Hello, I'm kind a new member on this site. I visit from time to time but I've never signed up, I just stop by to read the forum and try the games that's it. I made account recently just in case I ever had something to say and I guess that time has come. I'm actually stuck on a part in this game, its the gym battle with Emily. I have a team of Graveler, Sceptile, Machamp, Krookadile, Magmar, and Greninja (I know gren isn't much help in a electric gym but I don't have a replacement really so he's just there) all around the late 40s. She bodies me every time and I'm starting to think my team is just bad tbh. If possible I'd like some tips for this fight. 

From my experience, the battle was simple, but hard to pull off. You see, I'm using (in my opinion, without sounding too selfish) best and well mixed Pokémon with each of their roles set in.

These are:

Slowking (Last Plot Kill) ; Krookadile (Anger Point Destroyer) ; Roserade (Toxic Spiker) ; Magnezone (Analytic Tank) ; Froslass (Destiny Bonder), and finally, my signature Pokémon:

Blaziken (Speed Bulking Blazekicker)

While I don't know much about your Pokémon moveset, I will, however, give you one strategy that I used on most of my Gym Battles whenever I cannot beat them with all-out attack.

The first Pokémon Emily sends out is that Eletric Bug pokemon. It only knows Bug Buzz, Sticky Web, Thunder Wave and Toxic. Pretty much status pokemon. Which pokemon you'll choose is up to you, as long as it can boost it's attack and speed (and probably defense against Bug Buzz to lower damage received). As much this sounds simple, it does relies on luck, since oppoment still can pull of crits, or even worse, switch out mid build up, and Ryker (the electric dog from Gen 3) will lower your Attack stat in case you were building physical destroyer, and might insta-kill you moment it ables to outspeed you.

So yeah, that's how I managed to pull off my win. You pretty much need to build your stats up including speed (Dragon Dance is what fits critically in the category, since it boosts both speed and attack), but feel free to create your own strategy, or take other suggestions, I did my job here.

teamm.PNG