Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Well, since there's nowhere else it to post it, I thought up some revised teams for a few characters- 

Amelia- 

Spoiler

Milotic, Crobat, Weavile, Alolan Dugtrio, Gardevior,  Blaziken [Mega]. 

She's a brute, but still a lady nonetheless. Any cutscenes with Zangoose will be replaced with Weavile. Gardevior, Weavile, and Milotic shouldn't need explaining. Dugtrio is f a b u l o u s and covers weaknesses. Mega Blaziken oddly fits her. Last bit is probably more subjective than it is objective though.

Aurora- 

Spoiler

Rapidash, Togekiss, Musharna, Mienshao, Luxray/Gengar, Mightyena [Mega]

Musharna because she's a dream catcher. I'm torn between Luxray/Gengar since I think they both fit her, and Luxray stops her from being swept by strong electric attacks. But Gengar assists with Fairy weakness. Mienshao just fits her, and helps her team a lot. Covering Ice and Rock weaknesses everywhere. Mightyena because Mightyena. Rapidash because Rapidash. 

Nova- 

Spoiler

Clefable, Roserade, Gothitelle, Moltres, Nidoqueen, Absol [Mega]. 

Clefable fits her due to Team Crescent being "Out of place" in this world. Clefable is allegedly from space. Otherworldly stuff yo. Roserade fits and helps with weaknesses. Elegant yet deadly. Gothitelle is her "ace". Nidoqueen due to being the supposed leader of Team Crescent. She has a Moltres Post-Aderyn. Absol just kinda fits her. Will probably be replaced by Perfection Darkrai if she receives it. 

Shiv- 

Spoiler

Aipom, Gyarados, Nidoking, Houndoom, Sceptile, Gallade [Mega] OR Aipom, Lucario, Decidueye, Starmie, Houndoom, Sableye [Mega]  

I don't get the Aipom lore. So I had to try to make a team of 5 Pokemon since it dies turn one. Now, PSA, Shiv is supposed to be a champion level battler. His team shouldn't consist of tryhard Pokemon like Garchomp and Charizard. Now by themselves they're not tryhard, but when put on a team with Tyranitar and Roserade (which is used way too often in this game), it comes off like he doesn't even know how to battle, and just gets by via good Pokemon. Anyway, here I gave him a squad capable of fighting Nova's team, and a team designed to come in and screw you over after Aipom dies. Honestly, it's hard to make a team based on someone we don't know a lot about. So, personally, I think he should be like N, where everytime we fight him, he has a different team. He's a champion level battler traveling, so it makes sense for him to try out different Pokemon.  Anyways, first time. Good mons but better arranged. Gallade is the Mega due to it caring about justice, and Shiv actually being a caring person, who believes that Nova deserves a second chance. Houndoom fits because of the mysterious and suspenceful like atmosphere of Desolation. Sceptilespy, I mean Sceptile is a ninja like Pokemon who's already rare in its own right by being a starter, but even rarer by being ninja like. Same goes for Shiv who isn't seen often, and rather interacts with outside forces. Nidoking is the opposite to Nova's Nidoqueen, and covers way too many weaknesses to not be on the squad. Gyarados is good mon. Alternate Team: Houndoom for reasons above. Decidueye for Sceptile's reasons but slightly altered, but I hope you can figure that out. Starmie is mysterious and creates a fire water grass core, as well as a psychic dark ghost core. Lucario for Gallade's reasons but slightly altered. And finally, Mega Sableye represents the fact that we don't know a lot about Shiv. Shiv is the body of Sableye who hides behind the jewel, which represents his role in all of this. It also represents that even Shiv is sometimes scared of the truth, and hides behind a wall of lies and made up things to not face reality. Overall, Mega Sableye is Shiv. Also, his Sister's Ace is Mightyena, who's Mega is Ghost/Dark. 

Hardy 

Spoiler

Zoroark, Scrafty, Metagross, Tentacruel, Weavile, Salamence [Mega] 

Right on to the point: Zoroark is basically his starter. Scrafty represents his affiliation to the Black Foxes, or otherwise a gang. Metagross covers weaknesses greatly. Tentacruel does the same. Weavile does the same. He also has a Salamence, so I don't see why not to make it his mega. I guess the real question is why I took these mons over his originals. Hardy is basically the opposite of justice. He's in a gang, and does what he needs to do, rather than what's "right". Also, all the dark types are just a theme I like to call sub mono. It's basically like this. "Hmm I need a fighting type. Oh I can use Machamp! Wait, I'm doing a submono, so I'll go with Pangoro." A quick explanation is making a team around one type rather than making a team of solely that type. So yeah. I hope his team makes more sense now. 

Rosetta 

Spoiler

Ribombee, Azumarill, Togekiss, Sylveon, Klefki, Gardevior [Mega]

The format is a double battle, and the strategy is to put sticky web up with Ribombee and then to overpower her team with Dazzling Gleam. Klefki would have dual screens for defense. Sylveon and Gardevior are the ones who will be destroying lives. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward. Better than her team now at least in my opinion.

Just a thing I did for fun. 

You know what else would make this game's story better? Creating a situation where the main character has to take a life in order to accomplish a goal, to solidify the message that real life isn't a fairy tale, and the hero can't always show mercy to foes.

Not like letting Shiv kill Kuiki, or letting Aurora Kill Nova. I mean actually having the MC stabbing someone. 

• Like 1

On 19.10.2017 at 6:13 AM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

After defeating Rosetta, speak to this NPC in Cellia Central:

n6tRLfaJTnGdgOwiprSCGw.png

He'll give you a key to a locked building in South Cellia, where you'll find a key to the generator room in the power plant in Central Cellia. This room is where Magneton can evolve, and you can also find Manectric's mega stone there. 

@LordWallace Try this.

6 hours ago, HAWmaro said:

can someone tell me how to evolve trade-based mon, i want a gengar man!!

If you want a link stone (which is the method to evolve your haunter into a gengar) you can find one by progressing through the game, or you can purchase one for credits after getting to the shop located in the next city after Blackview (which also requires you to do a sidequest to unlock the shop.) Hope this helps :) 

• Like 2

So i've been grinding that black-city fight club for the Deino but i don't think am getting elite trainer fights, does high roller matchs no trigger them? do i need to talk to someone after every few matchs?

Never mind am an idiot

Hi guys, I'm new to Desolation so forgive my noobyness.

I haven't played the game yet, just found out it exists and this post says it's returning in February. Does that mean there's gonna be a new episode, more content or just a bug update? I ask because if there's gonna be a new episode in February I'd rather wait until that's out before I start playing.

Thanks!

Appreciate the swift replies, I'll be playing through E17 of Reborn and the new Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter first but by the time I've finished them I imagine we'll nearly be in February so if there is new content for Desolation it would be  amazing. The next Rejuvenation update looks to be progressing quickly too so if there's news on a release date for that by March then it'd be perfect for me haha. Can't rush quality though so I'm not expecting everything to pan out as I just mentioned.

Download it from the MEGA link. I recently tried it. It should be a .rar file. Open it with WinRAR and extract and enjoy! Do it again if you did it once.

So just finished the current version of the game. Here's my feedback:

It's amazing and by far my second favorite fanmade pokemon game after reborn with everything else besides Super Pokemon Eevee Edition being far behind. Great twists, great reactivity and great side content. I do however have some criticism:

-The encounter rate in certain areas can be pretty annoying(mostly in early areas though).

-Some Mons are really overused in boss fights which feels a bit repetetive (Absol is the biggest one, but also weavile on the top of my head...)