Pokemon Enigma - New Chapter!

MegaMew

Mega-Butterfree

Butterfree.jpg.da354746193de697042130743bf5b69c.jpg1744122467_(M)Butterfree.png.463cd79a84eb9d0504839de4810043c8.png

A Gen One Pokemon that often gets outshined by Mega Beedrill. Not anymore.

Original sprite made by cdhernly, found on DeviantArt here.

Pixel Sprite made by me

Type: Bug/Psychic

Ability: Prowess

"Raises Special Attack after defeating an opponent."

Stats:

HP - 60 -> 60

Attack - 45 -> 15

Defense - 50 -> 90

Sp. Attack - 90 -> 120

Sp. Defense - 80 -> 110

Speed - 56 -> 56

. . . and now for another announcement!

Serborian Snorunt

361.png.ac3b37b52fe39b8c42f3901e75fa67e7.png361_5.png.23744b505692ecc49bde36a034cfb709.png

Whoever mentioned Snorunt kindof hit the nail on the head. Anyways, Serborian Forms are a thing now, kay.

Type: Grass

. . . but that's not all!

Serborian Glalie

362.png.9c19cebaa04fcef5373566e4e0ccf533.png362_5.png.3b8c55ee26ef1f21f06b88f390033c4a.png

Evolution time! kay, this guy looks kinda mean now, but look at that beard tho.

Type: Grass

. . . but that's also not all!

Serborian Frosslass

478.png.aff0776c85809e9bda0924d1a94cb8f0.png478_5.png.64c9fe4dcace26bf75795777ad2d5273.png

The other evolution. This one evolves by using a Leaf Stone on a female Serborian Snorunt.

The more you know!

Type: Grass/Ghost

also, I haven't been able to find a proper way to credit these guys. the pixel sprites were made by me, but based off this.

If any of you know who made these, please let me know. There's some sort of credit on the bottom of the picture, but I can't read that.

. . . there are a few more, so hang with me!

Serborian Wailmer

320.png.d1f4eeb684c8e9a82baf51934481646b.png320_5.png.6916b5e7427d2cbc62cde6ae89b9ba76.png

Wailmer. The . . . killer . . . whale? I guess now it is lol

Type: Ice/Dark

made by u/Spotty33, posted on Reddit here.

I guess if you click on the link, you'll be able to see Serborian Wailord, but I haven't made that one yet cuz I'm lazy. I'll show it off later.

Serborian Honedge

679.png.f0a88d6c1d34e0b17f2cd9e2e0788f14.png679_5.png.b4e5236c36f85e5a6d29f9fe486b3dd5.png

kay if you've, like, seen Moana, then its like this guy took over The Rock's fishhook thingy.

Type: Steel/Water

Made by locomotive111 here

I'll show the evolutions later.

All these sprites were made by me, but based off the credited (mostly) art. Please also show support for the original artists!

Oh, also, sorry, but none of these Serborian Forms will be available in Episode 2 of Pokemon Enigma. I'm planning for Episode 3 (so I can have

more time to be able to implement more.)

-Mega Mew

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! said:

Just started this new game(Intense).Hope its great.How long is it exactly?I mean the current episode.Anywayz shiny rate must be quite high.Higher than in reborn maybe.Was soft resetting for a jolly fletchling.Wasnt expecting a shiny jolly,damn!.Attack iv suck though but atleast it wont be outpaced by pokes.

bandicam 2019-10-12 19-18-38-007.jpg

The game is several hours long, and goes up to the first badge. Good luck in your playthrough, and I hope you have a fun time!

1 hour ago, MegaMew said:

The game is several hours long, and goes up to the first badge. Good luck in your playthrough, and I hope you have a fun time!

Bug reporting: I think common candies are not working.Only option to give them to pokemon.Btw what happens if you somehow beat that Team ray guy?

Edited by SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!
extra

1 hour ago, SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! said:

Bug reporting: I think common candies are not working.Only option to give them to pokemon.Btw what happens if you somehow beat that Team ray guy?

I'll check out the common candies and get back to you.

Nothing special. The story continues either way.

A friendly request:

Hey all! I have a friendly request for you. If you could fill out this quick survey for me, that would be very appreciated! The survey link.

This survey is simply to see what features you like, and what you don't. This will help me make the game better.

Thanks for you time,

- Mega Mew

• 2 weeks later...

Mega-Arcanine

MegaArcanine.png.96e56e6ddd43aa62310bc7d9feea4b99.png059_1.png.224593689c2945422150578d21149574.png

A very popular request by several people.

Original sprite made found here

Pixel Sprite made by me

Type: Fire/Dragon

Ability: Mighty Rawr

"Decreases the foe's defense stat"

HP - 90 -> 90

Attack - 110 -> 140

Defense - 80 -> 90

Sp. Attack - 100 -> 130

Sp. Defense - 80 -> 90

Speed - 95 -> 115
Edited by MegaMew
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 10/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, MegaMew said:

Mega-Arcanine

MegaArcanine.png.96e56e6ddd43aa62310bc7d9feea4b99.png059_1.png.224593689c2945422150578d21149574.png

A very popular request by several people.

Original sprite made found here

Pixel Sprite made by me

Type: Fire/Dragon

Ability: Mighty Rawr

"Decreases the foe's defense stat"

HP - 90 -> 90

Attack - 110 -> 140

Defense - 80 -> 90

Sp. Attack - 100 -> 130

Sp. Defense - 80 -> 90

Speed - 95 -> 115

Looks great, cant wait to use this guy 

Just downloaded the game and it's great so far! Except... I'm stuck

Spoiler

So the town is on fire as the cult has rioted. I followed the story to Perennial Gym and went up to the third floor. Fought the boss and won, so both he and the new girl (anna?) went to the room in the right. I followed but the room is empty? There's some stuff in there that I tried clicking but no joy. Was there suppose to be a story event or am I just being special? Thanks

On 11/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, That Guy Over Here said:

Just downloaded the game and it's great so far! Except... I'm stuck

Hide contents

So the town is on fire as the cult has rioted. I followed the story to Perennial Gym and went up to the third floor. Fought the boss and won, so both he and the new girl (anna?) went to the room in the right. I followed but the room is empty? There's some stuff in there that I tried clicking but no joy. Was there suppose to be a story event or am I just being special? Thanks

Hmm, that's not supposed to happen. Try heading to the Perennial Park.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:11 PM, Auburn_Ember said:

I drop off the face of the earth for exam preparation and I miss the debut? And after saying I was going to follow the progress too... 😔

I am downloading this right now and I will play it!

I hope you enjoy!

On 11/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, MegaMew said:

Hmm, that's not supposed to happen. Try heading to the Perennial Park.

I hope you enjoy!

Yeah, that did the trick. Not sure what happened but maybe I just missed some dialogue or something. Either way 10 minutes later I 'finished' chapter 1 so it's all good. I really like the game as it has lots of personality (which is by far the most important aspect imo). Only negatives would be the repitition of battles in the sewer (which maybe you could change by having a different type in each section) and the fact that it's too short 😛

Hope this project goes the distance as the character interaction is great and so to is the story. I'll be checking back every now and then for updates but take your time. So many projects seem to die out or get abandoned and it just sucks. Hope yours is different!

On 11/15/2019 at 1:28 AM, Legix said:

I was on the fence on playing it so early in its development (only Episode 1) but you caught my attention at Mega Butterfree.

Thanks for giving Enigma a try. I hope you like it!

24 minutes ago, That Guy Over Here said:

Yeah, that did the trick. Not sure what happened but maybe I just missed some dialogue or something. Either way 10 minutes later I 'finished' chapter 1 so it's all good. I really like the game as it has lots of personality (which is by far the most important aspect imo). Only negatives would be the repitition of battles in the sewer (which maybe you could change by having a different type in each section) and the fact that it's too short 😛

Hope this project goes the distance as the character interaction is great and so to is the story. I'll be checking back every now and then for updates but take your time. So many projects seem to die out or get abandoned and it just sucks. Hope yours is different!

Thanks for your kind words! I am also hoping that I can finish Enigma!

• 2 weeks later...

Serborian Forms/Mega Evolution

If you have a new idea for a new Regional Form or Mega Evolution,

please post it down below, or feel free to DM me.

If possible, include a picture, potential abilities,

move pools, and more, if applicable.

I will do my best to implement every idea into the game (under certain conditions).

So, if you want to play with that Steel Type Charmander, tell me about it below!

-Mega Mew

Serborian Aipom & Ambipom; Fighting Type.

Aipom already has some great Fighting Moves in its Move Pool, so adapting its type could help it fight its natural enemies in the more urban-packed environments spreading into its territory. Urbanization versus the natural habitat of primates is a real thing, so it serves for a background logic that eventually Aipom forests/jungles being removed would force it to adapt its tail for combat over mobility/tool-use.

However, Pheonix Rising did this IIRC with its Relic line. Alternatively, there's always Shinx's line being turned into a Dark variant or Mega Luxray. It has a few 80 power Dark moves it can learn and the theme that makes you THINK it could be a Dark Type. As for it getting a Mega, there is cool artwork concept floating around of various Mega ideas for Luxray; it's a fairly popular one as far as that goes.

6 hours ago, BRS swag said:

This is nice. I've always wanted to see a Mega Arceus. 

Tee-hee. No spoilers here.

6 hours ago, Legix said:

Serborian Aipom & Ambipom; Fighting Type.

Aipom already has some great Fighting Moves in its Move Pool, so adapting its type could help it fight its natural enemies in the more urban-packed environments spreading into its territory. Urbanization versus the natural habitat of primates is a real thing, so it serves for a background logic that eventually Aipom forests/jungles being removed would force it to adapt its tail for combat over mobility/tool-use.

However, Pheonix Rising did this IIRC with its Relic line. Alternatively, there's always Shinx's line being turned into a Dark variant or Mega Luxray. It has a few 80 power Dark moves it can learn and the theme that makes you THINK it could be a Dark Type. As for it getting a Mega, there is cool artwork concept floating around of various Mega ideas for Luxray; it's a fairly popular one as far as that goes.

Aipom and Ambipom, huh? I'll add that to the list. And I like the idea of Luxray being dark type. Thanks for the suggestions.

Some bugs I found, not sure if mentioned, are when you get or give a flinch an error code pops up and same with say using water sport (or maybe all type effect moves) on an enemy team at least with a Pokemon of the type effected by it on the battlefield currently. The error code just pops up and closes and everything works as intended just wanted to say.

Another bug  

Spoiler

After defeating the cultist hideout, whenever you're told to not go back by Prof Willow, I of course immediately went back to the same room with the altar and the screen goes black and softlocks. Like above not a big deal just reload, but figure i mention it.  

As for mega evolutions one Pokemon I always thought deserved one.......

Created by Matamat07 DeviantArt

mega_lapras_by_matamat07-dbbob6k.jpg?tok