[IC] TotM: Directors Cut: World of Worm Chapter 2: Infuriation

Hal Henderics

Takumi raises a hand.
"I can heal a fair few number of pepole at the same time so ill take the bank, If anyone gets caught in the crossfire I can handle that, But ill need someone to cover me."

He was a little unsure about this. It was a little embarrassing to sing it and something could go wrong, but he shook it off. doubt and fear would only weaken his powers and someone had to do it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conway, having wandered over when relevant information seemingly started to be exchanged, stood there for a few moments without speaking. This was because the only thought in his mind was "Really? The fuck do you want me to do with this, I'm just a man." But he didn't want to seem like a whiner this early on into working with these people, so he picked the one he understood the least about. "I'll help out with the bank thing. Seems like it'll get give me a little bit of time for set up at least."

"I'll help with the bank heist then; while I haven't had to negotiate for the release of hostages before, it shouldn't be any harder than learning how to perform a high speed chase or fight in a brutal gang was, seeing as I already am a crisis negotiator of sorts." Lucian confidently stated after a brief moment of thought. "That and I have a little bit of cash on me right now, it should be valid tender if this world accepts US dollars, if anyone thinks they'd need anything in particular then please ask, and I'll see what I can do."

Sha'Tith only vaguely bothered to pay attention to the screen, at least until the third channel flipped on.  He walked over to the screen and pointed directly at the trash golem sweeping the streets.

"What is that thing?  It looks like a Vanguard, yet small, weak, and...vile.  Its creator should be torn limb from limb for such a foul mockery." 

Team A: The Bank

Uber and L33t graciously provide a flatbed truck as transportation.  Turns out, they're a bit more flush with cash than usual, and had planned to use it for a video that they ended up canceling for the moment.

Those who opt to go to the bank are thus transported there, where they find a small group of reporters held back by a large group of police, the child-heroes use a megaphone to shout into the building.

"This does not need to end violently, the sooner you surrender, the better off you'll be by the end of this." The red-suited leader says loudly.

Segway Asshole shouts back from speakers on his asshole segway "Oh yeah, you really think you've got us, huh?  Well, I hope you're not getting too cocky, because we can leave whenever we fucking want!"

The youth patrol looks anxious, and just about ready to try something, but it hasn't happened yet.

The gang is stopped at the police line for obvious reasons.

"This is a sensitive situation, we're going to have to ask you all to leave immediately."

• 2 weeks later...

Lucian confidently stepped up to the police line, having acquired and perused one of the PART's pamphlets earlier and brushed up on his crisis negotiation skills just a tiny bit in the drive over here, he felt about as ready as he could be when he said, "My name is Lucian Stahl, and these are my associates. We're with the PART, maybe you've heard of us? We were the non profit group that cleared out the docks (Shadestyle was too sleep to tell me how long ago we did this) weeks ago, and another one of our groups helped the PRT arrest a super powered criminal, and evacuate civilians from burning buildings. We had heard of the situation, and we were wondering if there is anything we could do to help, anything at all." He handed out a pamphlet to whoever he was speaking with to further explain the situation if it seemed that it would help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Team B

Those chasing after Chitan and Coil's mercenaries find themselves in a high speed chase with one goal.  Catch up to the Limo, and take it down without killing everyone inside.

Combat

Spoiler

(GIMMICK: Reduce the Limo to 9 or less Health without killing it, or reduce it's initiative enough to stop it!)

Enemies:

Limo A: 60/10 Health
Init - 15

Allies:

Limo B: 60/30 Health
Init - 10

Team C

Those seeking to slay merchants find themselves in the area, Police attempting to hem away reporters and onlookers while the Merchants rampage through the streets.

Spoiler

(GIMMICK: Kill no more than 30% of the enemies, or suffer the consequences!  The Merchant's minions are between you and their Capes!)

Enemies:

Tide of Homeless People With Guns: 100/100 HP

Allies:

Tide of Police Officers with Guns: 100/100 HP

Team C - Merchant Fight

Sha'Tith jumps off the back of the truck and onto the pavement before standing back up and stretching to well taller than most any normal human.  He quickly starts walking through the police line and towards the mass of homeless people.  He took a deep breath and release a roar that spat embers and smoke into the air.

"MMOOOVVE!"

Sha'Tith uses Bully as an intimidation action targeting the Tide of Homeless People, counter-taunting them to prevent them from attacking him.

Spoiler

HP: 36

Stats:

Essence: 3

Constitution: 8

Dexterity: 1

Intelligence: 2

Resistance: 1

Strength: 6

Synergy: 1

Actions:

-Actives

Flame Breath: Breath a massive gout of fire on a nearby enemy.

Deal 2d6+[Ess] fire damage to one target, counts as a breath attack, this attack cannot be dodged.

Lemurian Claws: Rip and tear, rip and tear.

Deal 2d6+[Str] damage to one target, this attack ignores up to 4 points of Res.

-Level 2 +1d6 damage.

-Level 3 +1d6 damage.

Lemurian Burrowing: Benefit of living underground.

Sha’Tith can move up to [Str]*16 kilograms of earth per round.  This action can be used to create barriers, with resistance equal to his own and HP equal to 1/4 of the kilos of earth put into them.  1 person can hide behind a barrier created in this way, but multiple barriers can be made, though not with a single use of this action.

Bully: Roar and charge.

Sha’Tith taunts one target for one round forcing them to include him among their attack/debuff targets.

-Level 2: May be used in reverse to intimidate enemies making them not target Sha'Tith, has no effect on enemies immune to fear.

-Passives

Extra Pockets: You can never have enough pockets.

Gain two action slots that can only be used for equipment with passive effects.

Ukulele: ...And his music was electric.

When you attack fire three lightning bolts that deal 1d6 electrical damage each, cooldown=2.

-Level 2 -1 Cooldown.

-Level 3 +1 Bolt.

(Paired with Worn Blade)

Equipment:

Time Keeper’s Secret: The sand flows backwards.

As an action the user simulates two additional full rounds having passed for themselves(cooldowns, durations, DoT, and other effects all tick.), usable once per encounter.

Worn Blade(paired with another action): an old knife found under a bed in the OW safehouse.

When the paired action is used it makes the target bleed(or leak any other vital fluid) for 1d4 additional damage.

(Paired with Ukulele)

Team C - Homeless Herding

Conway and Artemis get out as well, the former setting about Gathering any stray items or junk to use. Artemis for her part, Goes to find a higher vantage point to see where the ring leaders are.

Team B-Now this is podracing!

Cramped in the back "seat" of the X-wing, Harry was finding himself with very little to do, save give suggestions. Classic backseat driving.

"Mirri, got anything that can shoot the tires? Any way to set the X-Wing down directly in front of them once they're in a straight-away?" No, that might damage the limo, and maybe the ship, depending on which parahumans were involved here. Who could it be, a question of mounting importance. Kaiser? Lung and the ABB? Dr. Ebon had indicated he'd escaped with her visions, right? Coil? The Merchants were busy, and they didn't seem the type to set up a competent distraction. Harry couldn't remember any other groups, but there were probably a few. Finding out would be the issue, he'd need to be able to see inside the. . . oh.

"Mind getting the ship hovering within some tens of meters above the front limo?"

• 3 weeks later...

Team A-The Bank

Lucian confidently stepped up to the police line, having acquired and perused one of the PART's pamphlets earlier and brushed up on his crisis negotiation skills just a tiny bit in the drive over here, he felt about as ready as he could be when he said, "My name is Lucian Stahl, and these are my associates. We're with the PART, maybe you've heard of us? We were the non profit group that cleared out the docks (Shadestyle was too sleep to tell me how long ago we did this) weeks ago, and another one of our groups helped the PRT arrest a super powered criminal, and evacuate civilians from burning buildings. We had heard of the situation, and we were wondering if there is anything we could do to help, anything at all." He handed out a pamphlet to whoever he was speaking with to further explain the situation if it seemed that it would help.

"I could strafe it with my blaster cannons or try to flip it with a proton torpedo, but that might be a bit much for the people inside," Mirri theorizes, "My fighter's weapons are a bit high energy for this, and I'm not a strong enough telekinetic to lift the car.  But I can get you close.  Not a problem."  Mirri locks her S-foils into attack position for greater maneuverability with a distinctive whining hiss, the quantum tertiary wings flickering in and out of visibility as she adjusts course, skimming over the top of the limo with just enough room to spare to lightly caress the roof with the exhaust from her thrusters, before settling the starfighter into position around 8 meters from the ground-bound vehicle, contemptuously disregarding the outgoing gunfire.  X-wings are very tough birds.  "In position.  Now what, doctor?"

Spoiler

HP: 22

Hull Points 6/6

Stats:

Essence:  5

Constitution:  1

Dexterity:  1 + 3

Intelligence:  7

Resistance:  9

Strength:  1

Synergy:  4

Perks:

Ace Pilot:  Mirri has access to a powerful vehicle, her beloved Incom T-65 X-Wing starfighter, which she can take into encounters that allow enough space for the small starship to be used effectively.  The X-Wing has hull points equal to Mirri’s intelligence, and loses one whenever it is dealt damage.  If it runs out of hull points, Mirri must eject and continue the fight on foot, while her astromech droid R2-P14 flies the damaged ship to safety.  When Mirri is not using her starfighter, R2-P14 can repair it at a rate of 1 hull point per round.  Should Mirri be forced to bail out, the X-Wing cannot be used again for at least 8 rounds, even if it will regain some hull points before then, as R2-P14 needs the extra time to fix it up again.  The X-Wing has an extra pair of wings, quantum-shifted copies of the originals that flicker in and out of reality as it flies and Mirri manipulates the controls.

High Density Armor: As long as Mirri's resistance is her highest stat, her Bes'kar armor will greatly reduce damage from attacks. While on foot, she cannot lose more than 20% of her MHP to any single attack. While flying her X-Wing, she cannot lose more than 1 hull point to any single enemy in a round. Damage dealt above these thresholds is prevented.

Former Padawan:  Grants access to the action ‘Lightsaber Duelist’.

Grey Jedi (flaw): The path of balance requires constant dedication. Mirri's defensive and supportive actions are tagged with [Light Side] and her aggressive and damaging actions are tagged with [Dark Side]. Mirri cannot use a [Light Side] or [Dark Side] action if the last action she took shared a flaw-granted tag with them.

Weighed Down (flaw):  Enemies ignore miss chances when targeting Mirri, as her armor weighs her down too much to attempt a swift dodge.

Actions:

Blaster Volley (level 3, Dark Side):  Mirri fires a spread of bolts from her blaster rifle or her X-Wing’s laser cannons, launching 4 attacks that deal 1d3 + synergy damage each.  The bolts may be aimed at the same or different targets.

Force Telekinesis (level 2, Light Side):  Mirri can move objects with her mind by tapping into the Force, a mystical energy field that surrounds all living things.  At this level, [essence x15] kilograms of matter may be moved.  Resisting targets are entitled to an [essence + synergy] check opposed by Mirri’s [essence + synergy] to break free of the telekinetic grip, and on a failure cannot make melee attacks or resist being thrown about this round.

Quickswapping (level 3, Light Side):  As a free action, Mirri can swap an equipped action out for an action that isn't equipped.  3 round cooldown.  When Mirri enters or leaves her X-Wing, she may use this action twice ignoring its cooldown and her flaw.

Quantum Wings (trick, level 3):  While in her X-Wing, Mirri gains +3 dexterity whenever she begins a turn.  1 round cooldown.  Maximum +9.  The bonus resets to 0 if Mirri should leave her X-Wing and then get back in.

Proton Torpedo (6/6, level 3, Dark Side):  Mirri Av’s X-Wing carries 6 proton torpedoes, powerful explosive weapons that deal [intelligence x5] damage to a single target and cannot miss.  X-Wings have small torpedo magazines, so Mirri only gets six proton torpedoes per plot.  Mirri cannot fire proton torpedoes if she is not inside her X-Wing.

I Have a Bad Feeling About This (level 1, trick):  Whenever Mirri is about to enter a dangerous situation, she has a bad feeling about this.  Circumstances can cause false positives or negatives to occasionally happen.

Team C - Merchant Mash

Stretch straightened his teapot-shaped helmet on his head and frowned out at the rampage. "This is terrible! A lot of people could get hurt with these people running around with guns like that! I think I need to do something about it!" And then the elastic clone immediately began running towards the mob, his legs stretching out into longer and longer strides as he approached them. As he did, he put one hand on his other shoulder and began to spin his arm around and around and around rapidly, his arm twisting and coiling on itself bonelessly, something that was probably simultaneously impressive and disturbing to watch. But with each coil, his arm stretched out and the tension grew.

"I'm sorry for having to fight you, but I can't let you guys go and hurt people, you know, so I guess I gotta just go and get you guys with my... my, like, uh... twisty arm punching a lot of times really fast move!" he shouted as he ran at them.

Stretch begins charging the Rubbery Gatling Gun!

Spoiler

Diamond Magic Juice: Stretch directly applies a significant quantity of Diamond Magic Juice to his target, whether they be friend or foe -- and accordingly, this has the twin effect that Diamond Magic Juice has, both healing the target's wounds and making their flesh softer. This can be a double-edged sword, but Diamond Magic Juice, Stretch would be quick we to insist, is really fuckin' cool, man. Stretch both heals the target for 2d4+SYN damage AND decreases their RES by 2 for 2 turns, which can, in fact, turn their RES negative.

Rubbery Gatling Gun: Stretch takes a few seconds swinging his arm in circles again and again and again and again to twist and coil it up, the elasticity then afterwards causing his arm to spin in the other direction rapidly, now with a little bit of extra force to it from his own efforts, for an extremely rapid-fire punch. Stretch takes uses an action to charge -- with the next action, he can attack an enemy with four attacks, which each do 1d6+[SYN/2] damage. This attack cannot kill. 

Stretch Shield: Stretch stretches to shield an ally with a shield that is Stretch; that is to say, he positions himself in front of an ally and stretches himself out super wide so it's impossible for the enemies to hit that person. They would very much literally have to go through him. Stretch selects an ally; until Stretch's next turn, all attacks aimed at that ally are instead taken by Stretch.

Blue Elitium Pot Helmet: It's a helmet made of the Blue Elitium material -- that is to say, White Elitium damaged with diamond mana and then promptly pasted over again in order to make it less trash. In effect, it's a remarkably sturdy helmet with softer insides and a bizarre shape. +3 RES when equipped.

The Tubes: A set of tubes, ALSO bright blue. These stretch from a point at Stretch's chest to his arms and head, and conduct Magic Juice. They aren't actually tangible, parting and reforming when touched, but will disintegrate if not on Stretch. When this is equipped, active healing actions used by Stretch have an additional 2d4 effect when used on him.

• 3 weeks later...

"Now I try to get a little girl to not freak out when I speak in her mind." Harry replied, stretching out the psionic feelers. "Hey, can you hear me in there? Don't panic, we're here to help you."

Use Psionic message to try to contact the mayor's daughter.

Spoiler

HP: (Con*2)+20=42+6=42
Moves: Equal to your Dex, divided by the average Dex of this Encounter.
Stats:

21 total, cap 8

Essence: 1

Constitution: 11

Dexterity: 1

Intelligence:  8 (x1.25)->10 (+3 on wounded)

Resistance:  3 (+9)

Strength:  3

Synergy: 1

Perks:

Prodigy: Harry's INT is treated as boosted by 25%.

Advanced Biotechnology: Harry regains 10% MHP per turn.

Applied Knowledge: When Harry tends to someone else's wounds, he regains half the HP he healed for them.

Flaw:

Combat Surgeon's a dangerous job: For one round after Harry heals an ally, he will be hit by a copy of the first attack made against the ally that he healed. If he used a multiheal, he simply takes a copy of the first three attacks made against the subjects of the multiheal.

Slots (6?)

Slap on Bandaid and call it good enough: Heals one target by 1d4+INT

Level 2: This heal now has first strike.

Level 3 (trick, 29 v 1, 6): Heals by 2d4+INT

Speedy Prognosis: Harry gets one extra turn per combat round, only allowed to be used for healing actions (no attacking actions, maybe no buffing). Nonupgradeable, and cannot be duplicated.

Jump Start: If an ally has been brought to 0 HP within the last two rounds, Harry, using a combination of a large adrenaline injection, a small electric defibrillator, and a bunch of cellular regeneration compounds, may bring that ally back to life at half health. Once per world cooldown, and won't work if the ally has been completely incinerated or something similar.

Psionic Message (trick, Level 1): In his attempts to imitate what Proditor does casually, Harry has figured out how to directly send his thoughts to other people. And that is it. He is still unable to hear other people's thoughts, but can now throw his own thoughts at another person's head. 10 meter distance limit.
Level 2 (trick): Harry can now hear a willing person's responses to his telepathic messages.
Level 3 (merit): Range is now 100 meters
Level 4 (merit): Range is now 200 meters

Wolftech Kevlar Polymer Synthesis Heavy Ballistic Infantry Combat Armor: Grants +5 RES, but at a -2 STR penalty.

Level 2 (merit): This armor no longer has a penalty.

Level 3 (Trick): This armor now grants 2 less RES, but grants two Slots which can only be used for specially designed items (Plates, primarily)

• 1xDeath Wyvern Plate (+3 RES)
  • 1xDeath Wyvern Plate (+3 RES)

Carbide Survival Tool: Basically a Bowie knife with a decent number of other small tools stored in the handle. Deals 2d6+STR damage, with an INT*2% chance to crit for double damage.