Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

I mean... they worked hard for months, to give us another piece to the puzzle, and since they know everything that will happen in game, let them have fun with our reactions... or something.

35 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

if they wanna delay the game they just have to say so without the bs trolling

I'm not saying there is a delay, I don't think it is.

1 hour ago, Reginald Sanshire said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the Xenpurgis may have had something to do with the nuclear explosion in the Miera region that Erin told us about, and that the surfboard guy with the Xurkitree may be part of it.

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? That mysterious figure did seem to know an awful amount of info about the protagonist's repressed memories that rendered them unconcious and I for one still suspect that the two mysterious figures we've seen so far could have ties with the two known individuals who were a part of the incident in Miera aka that conniving red haired girl that toyed with Keta/Kenneth's life and the surfboard guy who also sees the protagonist as they enter Valor mountain

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Illumi said:

I mean... they worked hard for months, to give us another piece to the puzzle, and since they know everything that will happen in game, let them have fun with our reactions... or something.

they made the game,  of course, they know what will happen

25 minutes ago, Dave9 said:

Of course! Why didn't I think of that? That mysterious figure did seem to know an awful amount of info about the protagonist's repressed memories that rendered them unconcious and I for one still suspect that the two mysterious figures we've seen so far could have ties with the two known individuals who were a part of the incident in Miera aka that conniving red haired girl that toyed with Keta/Kenneth's life and the surfboard guy who also sees the protagonist as they enter Valor mountain

If that's the case, that the red haired girl from WLL is Freya and the surfer dude is Lord Xenadin, then I hope we get to see more of them in V12.

I think it has been p much confirmed that the former is still alive, as Saki believes she saw a girl named Freya in Aquamarine Cave (along with a blue whale, which I presume is Kyogre, though I have no idea why this would be). She also said she had red hair, which lends further credence to the theory.

I just feel like I imagined Lord Xenadin to be a little less... odd? idk with a name like that I guess I shouldn't have.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zumi said:

hey! so uh. that was a thing.

A lot of shit has been happening the past two days or so, but to put the long story short;

Someone apparently has managed to plant a keylogger on the shared dev drive and took control of most of our computers. We've managed to remove it from the drive, AFAIK everything's back to working as should and we've tightened up protection so this shouldn't happen again!! 

But unfortunately we actually did lose a couple of scripts that were added during the beta while everything was freaking the fuck out and we can't roll back to a version where it's not gone, so unfortunately we'll have to delay the game's release a little bit longer untill everything's back in place and ready to go. This is also why the beta has been set back to 55% -- because now we need to test again if everything is working as it did before.

Also, I'd like to formally apologize if anyone was thinking that the game was gonna come out this week and that this was our good ol' tradition of trolling the fans at the end of the dev cycle, because we actually had something completely different in mind for the whole thing... Just that, well, this whole shitshow happened in between?? ngl this is probably the scariest fucking thing that's happened in the entirety of the time that i've been helping with the game (i'm talking about like 5 years and thats long hrgrhgh) and i'm still actually reeling??? but i'm just happy that i can actually log in to my account still because holy fuck this was not good for my heart

Again, sorry that we have to make you guys wait longer than we hoped for 😭😭 We're doing our best to get back up to speed!!

You thought you got rid of the problem and that I was gone? That's cute.

Definitely not a keylogger, for one. If you're in Beta, you have copies sent to multiple people. C'mon now Zumi. 

Or considering the last line, who do you want me to call you as?

1 minute ago, ManuelJaramillo526 said:

And that's supposed to make it okay?

after a while u get used to it, for the majority of us here its the norm............... heck personally i enjoy it when they do this, its a way to add excitement to the development of the game and to keep us on our toes.............. now ive been playing this since around the end of v9 iirc and ever since its been like this as far as i know............. if you dont like it thats fine but you dont have to go and try and make ill of what others may find fun to witness unfold

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's not like they said it'd be out on a certain date and changed it. The game will come out when it's as ready as they can make it.

Until then they're gonna have fun and we can speculate what it means. 

.I'm personally getting vibes from bladestar 

3 minutes ago, Soliddude said:

Definitely not a keylogger, for one. If you're in Beta, you have copies sent to multiple people. C'mon now Zumi. 

Or considering the last line, who do you want me to call you as?

this guy gets it

48 minutes ago, sparsyle said:

If that's the case, that the red haired girl from WLL is Freya and the surfer dude is Lord Xenadin, then I hope we get to see more of them in V12.

I think it has been p much confirmed that the former is still alive, as Saki believes she saw a girl named Freya in Aquamarine Cave (along with a blue whale, which I presume is Kyogre, though I have no idea why this would be). She also said she had red hair, which lends further credence to the theory.

I just feel like I imagined Lord Xenadin to be a little less... odd? idk with a name like that I guess I shouldn't have.

You read my mind. That's the hunch I have for now given that we have two unidentifiable characters who know so much about Aevium and those who live in the region not to mention like Erin said the first inhabitants of Aevium came from Miera so who'd know the region better than them

• Like 1

Are people legitimately mad?  Guys, these people are making a game for no profit.  I don't know how the hype has been taken away.  Actual companies have set backs, yet hype is still around.  I for one am still excited.  As I'm sure many others are, I just can't tell who is sarcastic and whose not

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Xavier575 said:

Are people legitimately mad?  Guys, these people are making a game for no profit.  I don't know how the hype has been taken away.  Actual companies have set backs, yet hype is still around.  I for one am still excited.  As I'm sure many others are, I just can't tell who is sarcastic and whose not

no one is mad

its a lot of people thinking people are mad when no one is actually mad

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Xavier575 said:

I know right? Reading all those angry reactions is giving me some serious secondhand embarrassment. Waiting a little more than you expected for the game isn't going to kill anyone.

8 minutes ago, Xavier575 said:

I would hope nobody is mad, because you're absolutely correct. Me personally, I'm a ball of anxiety that's been patiently waiting for V12 to release, and we're at the peak! We're so close! Time is but a number, because unless they explicitly say it and mean it, V12 will be released no doubt. So yeah, anyone that's mad at being trolled needs to get a reality check.

16 minutes ago, Soliddude said:

I would hope nobody is mad, because you're absolutely correct. Me personally, I'm a ball of anxiety that's been patiently waiting for V12 to release, and we're at the peak! We're so close! Time is but a number, because unless they explicitly say it and mean it, V12 will be released no doubt. So yeah, anyone that's mad at being trolled needs to get a reality check.

very true