Trespassers V2: Tales of the Masks [IC]

DragonRage

Edmond at this moment was somewhat nearby. With his abilities, tending the wounded was the first step after any battle, and Cicivexa was clearly among the wounded. At the first sound of his rage filled cry, Edmond fired up the afterburners on his suit, speeding towards Cicivexa, to grab him and rapidly bring him as far from his target as possible. Edmond was pretty certain he would not be caught in the crossfire, but that was of lesser importance. Here was a chance at ending the fight without significantly lowered cost, he could not afford to let that chance slip by.

"You're going to need to calm down."

Perfect tackle on Cicivexa, a SYN+STR check to banish him from the combat area for one turn. Use Strenuous G-Force to sacrifice 30 HP to do this action very fast.

Spoiler

Level: 6

HP: 78

Init: Equal to your DEX(2) score

Constitution: --8
Dexterity:--3
Intelligence:
.--12
Strength:
Synergy:

Perks:

Gambit: By sacrificing 25% MHP, Edmond gains another action during his turn.

Preemptory Bracing: Through being prepared for pain and injury, Edmond is able to lessen it. Thus, recoil damage from himself or allied effects on him is reduced by 30+Level/2% (Rounded down as usual)

Autoregeneration: Through a combination of genetic factors and automatic injectors in his power armor suit, Edmond can regenerate somewhat from damage. Heal 10% MHP every round.

Slots (7/7):

Name: The Iron Will

A made-in-America modern miracle. This weapon of destruction flies over enemies, laying down suppressive firepower when combined with "The Long Arm of the Law". Basically a set of highly patriotic power armor.

Weight: 5

Base (Loot): Grants physical damage reduction of 3 points, modular system: Provides +1 to rolls attempting to modify this system or integrate it with other electronic systems.

Level 2 (Loot): Physical damage Reduction increased by 1

Level 3 (Loot): Flight Systems Online: Grants fluff flight

Level 4 (Loot): Bulletproof: Damage reduction against bullets: 2*Physical Damage reduct

Level 5 (Loot): Acrobatics: The user gets +INT/2 at attempts to perform aerial tricks.

Level 6 (Craft): The suit can now record up to three enemies or six objects in high detail, allowing them to be studied remotely, granting items of "Combat Data"

The Long Arm of the Law: A weapon meant to be used by someone wielding the Iron will's frame, it looks like an unholy combination of a high caliber sniper rifle and a belt fed machinegun.

Base (Loot): Deals 2d6+INT damage, and when used by someone not utilizing the Iron Will armor system, the weight is treated as 7.
Level 2: APDS Rounds: This weapon can be used with your choice of INT or DEX as its base stats.
Level 3: Familiarity : Bumps the dice formula up to 2d8+Stat
Level 4: Dead Aim: If the Iron Will suit is equipped, consider enemies dodge to be reduced by 10% when utilizing this weapon.

Quick tune-up: Edmond performs a series of repairs on a mechanical ally. Heal 2d6+INT HP on an ally who can be considered mechanical.

Level 1: Heal a mechanical ally by 1d6+INT.

Level 2: Heal the mechanical entity by 2d6+INT

Level 3: Edmond counts as mechanical for this skill, due to personal knowledge of his power armor.

Strenuous G-force (free action): This action modifies other actions. Edmond may sacrifice an amount of HP, and move at a spot in the init equal to his original init plus or minus the amount of HP sacrificed. 1 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Sacrifice HP to move an amount around in the init equal to how much HP you sacrifice. 2 turn cooldown.

Level 2: 1 turn cooldown.

Level 3: No cooldown

Perfect Tackle:  Perform a SYN+STR check to banish an enemy for 1 turn, 4 turn cooldown.

Base Level: Using the experience from the Afterburners passive, Edmond tackles an enemy or ally with thrusters at maximum power to send a target far from the action zone. Allies may choose to remain out of combat. Perform a 0.5SYN+0.5STR check to banish an enemy for 1 turn, 5 turn cooldown.

Level 2: 0.75SYN+0.75STR for the check

Level 3: 4 turn cooldown.

Level 3: SYN+STR for the check.

Individual Air Support: Edmond chooses one specified target, and makes note of incoming threats to them for one round. If an enemy would deal damage to the ally, even one cloaked or invisible, Edmond will first launch a burst of suppressive fire at them, dealing the base damage from a range weapon he is using, and stunning the enemy for one round. 5 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Choose an ally, if an enemy would target them, attack, deal basic damage, and stun. 5 turn cooldown.

Level 2: Advanced Sensor Array: Edmond will still be able to attack enemies who are cloaked, invisible, or speedy in such a way that would normally prevent them from being targetted while they make their move.

Stress testing: Edmond uses his engineering knowledge to strike stress points in enemy armor or bodies, causing damage that allies can capitalize on. Probably won't grant extra damage on stuff like blobs. Deal weapon damage and increase the damage of the next hit on the same enemy by 25%. 2 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Deal weapon damage and increase damage on next hit by 10%. 3 turn cooldown.

Level 2: Decrease cooldown to 2 turns

Level 3: Damage increase is now 15%.

Level 4: Damage increase is now 20%

Level 5: Damage increase is now 25%

Bird's Eye View: By calling out enemy attack patterns and apparent targets, Edmond may decrease incoming damage for two grounded allies by 20% for one turn. 1 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Decrease incoming damage for two grounded allies by 20% for one turn, 2 turn cooldown.

Level 3: Decrease incoming damage on two grounded allies by 30%

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You're a fool.  I have a reason to fight!" Medusa shouts back at Dackly, "I am the goddess of darkness!  The goddess of evil!  Fighting is my reason!  Wiping the smiles off pathetic twerps like you and your little friends is what makes me happy!"

"You're a clone.  Just like me.  Or did you get one blow to the head too many and forget?" Dackly reminds.

She quotes from memory.  "Add a pinch of memories to a ton of souls, put them in a blender and hit frappe!"

"The fact that you're somehow able to lie to yourself, now especially, is proof of your mental strength.  But it's over.  You want truth?  Here it is!"

Dackly jabs a finger at the fallen foe.

"You're not Medusa! You suck at being her! So just give up and be someone else already!  This might be your only chance to do it!"

"I'm not you, Dackly.  I am Medusa," The fallen goddess asserts, "Or at least, I am the remnant that is most like Medusa.  Whatever else I might be, I am not mistaken, and I am not a mistake.  I'm not some broken thing for you to repair, and add to your little... collection.  There's no fixing me."

"Oh please!  Of all the people, of all the beings in all the worlds, you are the one I like the least in my decently long life of exploration.  You've got no place among my friends, don't worry about that."

"You're misunderstanding this situation, which is that I'm giving you good advice.  Medusa died, then her clone died again, then another clone died a third time."

"Medusa isn't someone you should aspire to be. You think I'm fixed?  That I think you can be fixed?  God no!  But I've got friends, wealth, a home, food and drink, goals that I can achieve, and I haven't died a single time."

"Go out!  Petrify some guys for pissing you off!  Be a bartender and sell property on the side, rule a planet and call yourself 'Georgia' for god's sake, but we both know that your fate is in your hands, and Medusa?  She would, will, and has squandered that handful of fate."

"I know for a fact that becoming someone else is almost worse than being you, but almost only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades."

She shakes her head at Medusa's mistaken assumptions.  "I don't even care if you're our enemy in the future, if you try to kill us again, but pissing away this opportunity so you can mantle a thrice-dead goddess and pretend that this time it will end differently?  While you lay defeated yet again at the foot of your hubris by me of all people?"

"I hate that."

Dackly crosses her arms, glaring at her enemy.

"Then I'll-"  Medusa abruptly finds that while her mouth is moving, no sound is coming out.

"Spend some time with a mental health professional, and make an honest effort to work with them this time," The Makuta steps out of the goddess' shadow, silencing her with a wave of his hand, "When you look arrogant next to me, you know you've got problems.  At least I can admit when I've been outwitted and outplayed.  Yes, it happens.  Occasionally.  Usually after underestimating Vakama.  But in this case, everything is going just as planned.  The heroes triumph over the evil villainess, rescue their beloved companion, acquire new powers, and learn things about themselves, said villainess gets the shock to her system she needed to convince her to actually listen to her therapist, yes, I would call this a happy ending, wouldn't you?"

Medusa glares at him, moving her mouth soundlessly, and he sighs, gesturing in her general direction.  "I DON'T NEED A THERAPIST!"  She screams, "I NEED THEIR HEADS ON-"  He silences her again.

"And yet, as you've clearly demonstrated, you're not able to take their heads.  And if you were doing as well as you believe yourself to, you'd know that the last thing any of us want is for these people to come to harm," The Makuta gestures over the party with an armored hand, "After all, they are our best bet for fending off the Trespassers.  You do remember what those are, yes?"  Medusa makes a rather rude gesture at him, "Oh, so you do?  And you agree that if they eat the worlds we intend to rule over, that would irreversibly set back our plans?"  Medusa slowly, reluctantly, nods.  "Then you agree that the group of heroes fighting against this great evil should not be killed, but instead allowed to do their duty, and achieve their destiny?"  Medusa twitches, once, with her entire body, before going stiffly still.  "We'll work on that.  With your therapist."  When Medusa doesn't respond to that, the Makuta snaps his fingers, and she vanishes instantly.  "Ah, I do so love a good deed done well.  She'll thank me later.  Probably."

Dackly deflates with a sigh. "Wow! That was exhausting.  Thanks evil guy!  Ugh.  It's like trying to argue with your high-school self, with the exact same flavor of petulant bickering."

"Oh, but uhh, fair warning, I think we're all still pissed at you, yaknow, evil and all that.  Sounds like you're at least after the same thing we are though, so good on you!  We happen to both like the multiverse existing, and that's some common ground I can get behind at least!" Dackly comments, picking at her ear.

"Dackly... I wouldn't be so familiar with this individual.  They did put forth an effort to kill us, even if it appears they did not plan on succeeding." Gozer critiques, disliking the instability of the being before him, even ignoring his dark nature.

Dackly smirks.  "You ever hear of a guy called Xanatos?" Dackly asks the Makuta, an amused thought coming to mind.

Tsubasa took a deep breath after the fighting petered out, feeling the all-too-familiar sensation of burning throughout her body as she did so. She opened her eyes after exhaling, dropping into a relaxed - if still ready - posture as the conversation continued. She gave the Makuta a casually questioning glance, before nodding at Gozer. "A part of me says I should apologize for cutting a hand off, but another says I should aim higher this time."

• 2 weeks later...

"Hohoho, flattery will get you everywhere, Dackly, but no, I find Xanatos and I have very different approaches to business,"  The Makuta takes a step or two away from Tsubasa, eyes briefly flickering towards her sword, "He sets things up so that win or lose, he will profit, while I...  I simply acknowledge that there are certain truths in the multiverse, among them that heroes always triumph over evil in the end.  Kill you?  Why would I even make the attempt?  You're doing exactly what I want.  The only thing I've done that even put your lives at risk was allowing Medusa to confront you, and even then I was ready to step in if she looked to be doing better than I had predicted she would.  Though I suppose I wouldn't put it past those matoran to pin every misfortune that befell you upon my shoulders; under ordinary circumstances, it wouldn't even be unfair, but these are hardly ordinary times."

Having finished scooping the *ahem* ashes into a small pouch Cell walked over to the group of people slowly gathering to talk to the Makuta.  A second or two after Makuta finishes mentioning that he hadn't put them in much danger Cell slowly pulls out the tail of the Bazelgause with on hand and holds up the belt-ring of corrupted masks he collected from the fallen Nui-rama, jingling it a bit while giving Makuta a questioning look.

The Makuta looks down at Cell's spoils, eyes narrowed.  "I did lose a swarm of Nui-Rama while tending to the damage Tsubasa inflicted to my armor, but not this many," He sifts through the belt-ring one by one, before stopping at a mask about halfway through, "This... is not one of mine.  And I don't know what creature you severed that tail from.  I have seen records of every Rahi beast in this world, but that...  And the mask...  The missing matoran...  There is a rogue member of the Brotherhood of Makuta, a lesser member of my species, on this island.  But who among them could be so foolish as to act against me in-  No, that's a stupid question, it's obviously Icarax, none of the others still alive and free would dare.  But this secrecy and scheming is not like him, unless...  Did it finally get through the rocks he calls a brain that he cannot defeat me directly?  No, arraigning for all of your deaths wouldn't give him more power...  Icarax, what has your tiny, tiny mind devised?  It fills me with a great irritation that idiots can be harder to predict than geniuses...  One cannot simply discount illogical or nonsensical courses of action..."

Cell paused at the thought for a bit, considering it as he put away the tail and makes a very exaggerated motion to stroke the tip of his chin.

After a few seconds of thought something occurs to him and he qyickly shifts into making an odd gesture with the backs of his hands pressed against his chin and his fingers wiggling and writhing like a beard of gribbly tentacles.

• 1 month later...

"Even he could not possibly be that stupid.  He lives in this universe, just as the rest of us.  What possible benefit would he think to acquire with siding with a force that seeks to end everything?"  The Makuta starts pacing irritably, "What are you up to Icarax..."

WHAM!  An invisible force slams into the Makuta, knocking his mask askew and throwing him back.  Even as he corrects it, regaining his balance, a second massive, armored figure appears before the party, flickering out of invisibility.  This being is taller and leaner than the Makuta, his black armor accented with red and silver.  In one outstretched arm he holds a shield lined with outswept blades, which he just used to bash the Makuta back, and in the other, he holds a long sword, its hefty guard scratched and worn by countless battles.  A mask like a vulture's face covers burning red eyes as he glares with manic hate at the other titan.

"Enjoying watching you fools fight amongst yourselves, of course.  And now, punching you in the face.  Oh, but I am going to enjoy this."

"Icarax, Icarax, Icarax," The Makuta sighs, leaning on his spear as he chastizes the other makuta, "We've been through this how many times now?  You know how this is going to end."  The dark god gestures casually at the usurper.  Nothing happens.  He narrows his eyes at his hand, and gestures again, with quick precision.  Still nothing.  "...Uh oh..."

"Having trouble accessing your elemental powers, Teridax?" Icarax gloats, "I've sealed them away, with the help of my new friends!  Behold!"  He points grandly towards the sky with his sword as a loud buzzing fills the air.  A shadow passes over the clearing once, twice, before settling into a thunderous landing.  The creature looms over the two makuta and the party, twisted flesh and clicking chitin.

Two burly arms dominate its front section, covered in blunt fists of shell like a mantis shrimp, under a horned head where eyes glow with sulfurous hate.  A heartbeat later it's a great, sabertoothed cat's head, slavering and snapping, before the bull returns.  Insectoid, no bird-like, no insectoid wings vibrate on its back in a rattling buzz, as a scorpion's tail arcs over the back of its head.  Instead of hind legs, a pair of great treads like a tank grind at the dirt as it snorts and snarls, maw drooling a sort of iridescent goo that causes the ground to twist and warp where it lands.  "You let a Trespasser possess the Rahi Nui?!  And gave it the ability to feed on makuta powers instead of Toa power?  Icarax you idiot!  Even if you best me, how do you expect to defend yourself against it with your sword alone?"

"I don't," Icarax snarls, "You wouldn't understand.  You always win.  Well.  Not this time.  Even if it kills me, I'll have killed you.  That's plenty.  And you said it yourself.  We both know how this is going to go down.  I could never match your power.  I...  see that, now.  But you...  You never did put in much practice with that spear of yours, did you?"  He raises his sword and shield, even while the Makuta takes up his spear.

But from their first clash it's clear that Icarax wasn't exaggerating.  His sword whistles through the air with precision and skill, his shield perfectly blocking and trapping the Makuta's spear for each blow.  The Makuta narrowly avoids the first few strikes, but this stalemate can't last...

The possessed Rahi Nui roars, and the very air twists around it, a creature tearing through the veil, like a Tyrannosaurus composed of right triangles with unequal sides, that hurts the mind even before it hurts the body.

Status

Spoiler

Travis:  103/103, Healthy

Tsubasa:  114/114, Healthy

Cell:  244/244, Healthy

Hikari:  84/84, Healthy

Dackly, Gozer and Cap:  45/45, Purified

Cicivexa:  66/66, healthy, Bazel-PTSD

Edmond:  78/78, healthy

Icarax:  ???/???, Suppressed, Parry

The Makuta:  200/200, Suppressed

Rahi Nui:  ???/???, Consuming Element (Shadow, greater), Consuming Element (Toa Power, lesser), Warp Terrain (Major Trespasser Spawn)

Trespasser Spawn Tyrannosaurus:  100/100, Danger Triangles

Initiative

Spoiler

Travis:  18

Rahi Nui:  15

Icarax:  12

The Makuta:  10

Cell:  9

Rahi Nui:  8

Tsubasa:  7

Icarax:  7

Medusa:  6

Hikari:  5

Icarax:  4

Cicivexa:  3

Trespasser Spawn Tyrannosaurus:  2

Edmond:  2

Dackly, Gozer and Cap:  0

"Lightning Breathing, Third Form." Tsubasa murmured to herself as she dropped into a crouched pose, already beginning to pull her sheath (blade still within) from its place at her side.  "Sky-Splitting Flash." Like the natural phenomenon for which the form was named, Tsubasa hurled herself across the battlefield, interposing herself between Icarax and the Makuta.  "I made my decision." She brought the sheath up in an attempt to ward off the incoming blow, which would hopefully give their mysterious "benefactor" a chance to prove his goodwill.

Sky-Splitting Flash targeting the Makuta and Cicivexa!

Spoiler

Perks:
Total Concentration Breathing: The bread and butter of a Demon Slayer. This technique allows one to harness the strength of one's breath and fight on par with demons. Allows Tsubasa to use their Constitution as an attacking stat in place of Dexterity, Strength, or Synergy.

Yin & Yang (Level 2): Tsubasa's fighting style emphasizes moving with the flow of battle, attack moving into defense and defense into attack when the time is right. They have a Yin and Yang meter, that start at zero and progressively fill. Every attack increases Yin by one, and every supportive action increases Yang by one. Yang also increases on turns an attack was received. These can be used to perform more powerful techniques. Whenever they are spent, the opposite gauge increases by the same amount. Each gauge is capped at 8 points. Resets to 0 after each battle.

Action & Reaction: When Tsubasa is attacked, they gain a stack of "Reaction." If two or more stacks of Reaction are present, Tsubasa expends all stacks to take an extra action on their next turn.

Flaw: Breathless: Tsubasa has not mastered the art of using Total Concentration Breathing full-time, and thus suffers the ill effects of stopping the technique. They have an additional "Breath" gauge that starts equal to their CON. Whenever Tsubasa uses an ability with a cooldown or gauge requirement, they lose half of that requirement (rounded down, but minimum 1) from this gauge. They lose the ability to act when this gauge is empty. Debuff cleanses restore Breath equal to the number of debuffs they would normally remove. Resets to 0 after each battle.

HP: 114
Initiative: 13

Base Stats:

• Strength: 3
  • Dexterity: 13
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Constitution: 14
  • Synergy: 2

Actions
: 20/20

First Form: Bolt from Blue Skies: A sword technique that emulates a sudden flash of lightning from a previously calm sky. Deals double damage, plus additional [DEX] damage, to a single target. Not usable if user has already attacked this encounter.
-Level 1: Double weapon damage. Only usable if user has not attacked yet.
-Level 2: Adds user DEX to the damage. If the attack is a DEX attack, add CON instead.

Second Form: Eye of the Storm: A breath technique that finds calm in chaos. Increases damage resistance by 1+the user's Yin gauge for the remainder of the battle. Can be used again to double the resistance for a turn. Calculated off of user's Yin when they take damage, not when they use the move.
-Level 1: When activated, increases the user's damage resistance by their Yin gauge for 3 turns. If the gauge increases, so does the resistance.
-Level 2: Now permanent after use, but does not stack with itself.
-Level 3: Can be activated again to double the resistance for one turn.

-Level 4: Also adds +1 resistance at all times. 

Third Form: Sky-Splitting Flash: A technique that launches the user in a direction at high speed, allowing gaps to be closed quickly. Tsubasa uses this to interpose herself between allies and foes. Intercepts 3+[Yin spent] attacks on targeted allies, carries over between turns.
-Level 1: Intercepts the next attack on target ally. Can spend Yin to increase the number of attacks intercepted this turn.
-Level 2: Intercepts carry over between turns.
-Level 3: Intercepts can now target multiple allies.
-Level 4: Intercepts an additional attack.

-Level 5: Intercepts an additional attack.

Fourth Form: Lightning Cracking the Ground: A slow, heavy attack whose true purpose is not inflicting damage, but forcing an opponent to interrupt what they're doing. Also good for clearing obstacles, in a pinch.
-Level 1: Stuns a target. 3 round cooldown, can spend Yin to reduce this on a one-to-one basis.
-Level 2: Also reduces target's damage by Yin gauge when this action was used for the turn after the stun wears off.

Fifth Form: Chain Lightning: Channels a destructive flow of energy, jumping from victim to victim along the path of least resistance. Costs 5 Yang. Attacks 3 times, targeting the nearest enemy in initiative to the original target for followups. Can hit the same enemy twice.
-Level 1: Attacks an enemy for [weapon] damage, then attacks the enemy nearest them for the same until 3 attacks have been performed.
-Level 2: Can retarget the same enemy once, if there are no other valid targets.

Sixth Form: Sweeping Current Surge: A strenuous, rapid stream of slashes that baffle, buffet, and cripple, striking multiple enemies at once. Costs 5 Yin. Deals [CON] damage to an enemy and each one above and below it in initiative, then reduces their damage by the same amount for 2 turns. Attacking a single target replaces the formula with a basic attack.
-Level 1: Select a target. To it and each enemy above and below it in initiative, deal [CON] damage. The victims have their damage reduced by the damage they take from this for 2 turns.
-Level 2: Sixth Form Kai: Overwhelming Current Surge: This variant form deals additional damage (a basic attack) if used on a single target.

Seventh Form: Perfect Flow: A difficult technique requiring perfect balance and clarity. The user evades incoming attacks with an absolute minimum of motion, then strikes home while the target is exposed. Requires both Yin and Yang gauges to be full. One round cooldown. Dodges an attack from an enemy, then deals the maximum possible damage of the incoming attack plus a normal attack.
-Level 1: Choose an enemy. Dodge the first attack from that enemy, then deal damage to that enemy equal to the maximum damage of that attack plus the maximum damage of a zero-requirement attack.

Equipment & Tricks:

Nichirin Sword: One of the few instruments capable of slaying a demon for good. Infused with sunlight, these weapons are infallible if wielded properly - but beware the incautious strike. They change colors based on the wielder. Tsubasa's blade takes on a vibrant blue scheme with a tendency to catch and reflect the light. Weight 3. Deals 4d6+DEX damage
-Level 1: Deals 1d6+DEX damage.
-Level 2: If an enemy takes extra damage from light or sun based attacks, they take extra damage from this weapon.
-Level 3: Enemies killed with this weapon cannot be revived. This effect may partially fail (based on GM discretion) on stronger enemies.
-Level 4: 2d6 damage.
-Level 5: 3d6 damage.
-Level 6: 4d6 damage.

Cell quickly shoves the tail back into his pack and reaches into his sack of special surprises to retrieve a blueish-white sphere.  A good lob lands it somewhere between the Rahi Nui and Icarax.
Cell uses Ice Grenade targeting Rahi Nui and Icarax.  They each lose 5 Init and act last this round(if they don't act before Cell, if they do they act last next round).

Loadout:

Spoiler

Stats:
Level: 8(6)
HP: 244
Initiative: 9(10-1)
Tokens: 4/5
Crit Meter: 2/8

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 0
Constitution: 16+2
Synergy: 0

2 DR/all

15% DR/Physical

Actions:

Vampirism:
Deal Weapon damage and restore [Damage dealt]/4 HP.
Level 2: Now [Damage dealt]/3.
Level 3: Now [Damage dealt]/2.

Aura of Laceration: Talk about a paper cut.
Grants the Aura buff to the user and two allies giving the Dex/2 DR and Dex/2 Retaliation damage to melee attackers for 3 rounds, cooldown of 4.
Level 1: Grants the Aura buff to the user giving them Dex/2 DR for two rounds.  Only considers base Dex.  Cooldown of 4.
Level 2: Duration increased to 3.
Level 3: The Aura now also deals Dex/2 retaliation damage when the user is attacked in melee.
Level 4: Aura may be granted to an ally in addition to the user.
Level 5: Aura may be granted to a second ally as well.

Parry: aaannndd riposte.
Choose a target to parry, if they attack before your next move cancel that attack.
Level 2: If successful the user can choose to make a weapon attack against the parried target as a free action on their next turn, doing so puts Parry on cooldown for three rounds.

Wave of Denial: Begone THOT.
Gives one target or the user the “Zone of Denial” buff for one round, making them unable to be targeted by non-AoE attacks.
Cooldown of two.
Level 2: Now effects an additional target.
Level 3: Now effects an additional target(3).

Sack of Grenades: Talk about a bag of goodies.
Starts with one grenade type, additional types may be bought with levels, cannot use any type of grenade until all types are off cooldown.
Infantry Grenade: Deals [Str] damage to two targets.
Oil Grenade: Covers two targets in oil for two rounds, fire damage taken while covered in oil is increased by 20%, cooldown of two rounds.
Flashbang: Two targets randomly hit friend or foe with their actions for two rounds, cooldown of two rounds.
Ice Grenade: Reduce the Init of two targets by [Dex/2] and freezes them, forcing them to act last next round or this round if the user acts before them, targets gain immunity to the freezing effect of this action after the first time it's used on them, but not the Init penalty, two round cooldown.
Ivy Grenade: Causes ivy to burst from the ground and entangle two targets, if they fail a Dex save vs the user’s Dex they are prevented from taking actions that require movement for two rounds, cooldown of two rounds.
Level 2: Adds Oil Grenade.
Level 3: Adds Flashbang.
Level 4: Adds Ice Grenade.
Level 5: Adds Ivy Grenade.

Equipment/Tricks:

Scavenger Sword: Blood will soak the blade, yours or theirs.
Deals 8d6+[Str] damage to one target, gains an additional 2 damage dice when the user is below 50% HP, weight of 15.
Level 1: deals 4d6 damage.
Level 2: +1 additional damage die.
Level 3: +1 additional damage die, +1 Weight.
Level 4: +1 additional damage die.
Level 5: +1 additional damage die, +1 Weight.

Force Shield: Rampart who?
Reduces physical(non-magic/energy) damage by 15%, weight of 12.

Toa Heartlight (Air) – The ancient mechanisms of the Toa Canister have transformed you into a creature of Bionicle!  Grants +2 damage reduction and +2 Con.  Cannot be unequipped at this time.  Deals 5% of your MHP in nonlethal pure damage to you each round until you pass out.  Self-damage can be negated if you wear a Kanohi Mask of Power.

Persistent Element:  When an action of your element causes a non-stun status condition or environmental effect, that effect’s duration is increased by 1 round.

Elemental Wellspring:  Actions of your element take 1 round less to cool down than they otherwise would

Kanohi Miru, the mask of levitation:

This silvery, metal mask is very aerodynamic and light, with lots of holes, and a sweeping, beaked visor.  When worn, the mask color-coordinates with the wearer’s outfit.  Wearing the mask grants you the ability to levitate.

Makes you immune to falling damage.  Allows levitation but not flight on its own.  Incompatible with other masks.

"Teridax? Is that your name?" Well, it was pretty clear what needed to be done here. Whether the Makuta was scheming or not regarding this Icarax person, there was a trespasser in desperate need of defeating. Of course, Edmond knew that the amount of hurt he could put out was rather low, so for now he'd want to prevent their enemy from getting off a devastating first strike.

Utilize Birds Eye View on Hikari, and Dackly, Gozer, and Cap. (If they count as more than one person for action targetting, just pick Dackly and Gozer). Decrease incoming damage by 30%, 1 turn cooldown. Edmond autoheals for 10% MHP (7). 4 physical damage reduction, 8 against bullets.

Spoiler

Intelligence:
.--12
Strength:
Synergy:

Perks:

Preemptory Bracing: Through being prepared for pain and injury, Edmond is able to lessen it. Thus, recoil damage from himself or allied effects on him is reduced by 30+Level/2% (Rounded down as usual)

Autoregeneration: Through a combination of genetic factors and automatic injectors in his power armor suit, Edmond can regenerate somewhat from damage. Heal 10% MHP every round.

Slots (7/7):

A made-in-America modern miracle. This weapon of destruction flies over enemies, laying down suppressive firepower when combined with "The Long Arm of the Law". Basically a set of highly patriotic power armor.

Base (Loot): Grants physical damage reduction of 3 points, modular system: Provides +1 to rolls attempting to modify this system or integrate it with other electronic systems.

Level 4 (Loot): Bulletproof: Damage reduction against bullets: 2*Physical Damage reduct

Level 5 (Loot): Acrobatics: The user gets +INT/2 at attempts to perform aerial tricks.

Level 6 (Craft): The suit can now record up to three enemies or six objects in high detail, allowing them to be studied remotely, granting items of "Combat Data"

The Long Arm of the Law: A weapon meant to be used by someone wielding the Iron will's frame, it looks like an unholy combination of a high caliber sniper rifle and a belt fed machinegun.

Base (Loot): Deals 2d6+INT damage, and when used by someone not utilizing the Iron Will armor system, the weight is treated as 7.
Level 2: APDS Rounds: This weapon can be used with your choice of INT or DEX as its base stats.
Level 4: Dead Aim: If the Iron Will suit is equipped, consider enemies dodge to be reduced by 10% when utilizing this weapon.

Quick tune-up: Edmond performs a series of repairs on a mechanical ally. Heal 2d6+INT HP on an ally who can be considered mechanical.

Level 3: Edmond counts as mechanical for this skill, due to personal knowledge of his power armor.

Strenuous G-force (free action): This action modifies other actions. Edmond may sacrifice an amount of HP, and move at a spot in the init equal to his original init plus or minus the amount of HP sacrificed. 1 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Sacrifice HP to move an amount around in the init equal to how much HP you sacrifice. 2 turn cooldown.

Perfect Tackle:  Perform a SYN+STR check to banish an enemy for 1 turn, 4 turn cooldown.

Base Level: Using the experience from the Afterburners passive, Edmond tackles an enemy or ally with thrusters at maximum power to send a target far from the action zone. Allies may choose to remain out of combat. Perform a 0.5SYN+0.5STR check to banish an enemy for 1 turn, 5 turn cooldown.

Individual Air Support: Edmond chooses one specified target, and makes note of incoming threats to them for one round. If an enemy would deal damage to the ally, even one cloaked or invisible, Edmond will first launch a burst of suppressive fire at them, dealing the base damage from a range weapon he is using, and stunning the enemy for one round. 5 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Choose an ally, if an enemy would target them, attack, deal basic damage, and stun. 5 turn cooldown.

Level 2: Advanced Sensor Array: Edmond will still be able to attack enemies who are cloaked, invisible, or speedy in such a way that would normally prevent them from being targetted while they make their move.

Stress testing: Edmond uses his engineering knowledge to strike stress points in enemy armor or bodies, causing damage that allies can capitalize on. Probably won't grant extra damage on stuff like blobs. Deal weapon damage and increase the damage of the next hit on the same enemy by 25%. 2 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Deal weapon damage and increase damage on next hit by 10%. 3 turn cooldown.

Bird's Eye View: By calling out enemy attack patterns and apparent targets, Edmond may decrease incoming damage for two grounded allies by 20% for one turn. 1 turn cooldown.

Level 1: Decrease incoming damage for two grounded allies by 20% for one turn, 2 turn cooldown.

• 3 weeks later...

Travis had been appreciating the moment of respite. "Had", as in past tense, as the influx of enemies meant he quickly had to get himself into battle mode, the crew having already been prepared for more fighting to break out despite the odd circumstances. Still he was somewhat used to alliances breaking and making on the fly, so it was little surprise when a burst of machinegun fire let fly from his tank to strike at the combatants.

Travis uses Fire Machinguns!

Spoiler

HP:103 + 18 THP
Init: 18

Stats: 34
Constitution: 12 
Dexterity: 12 +2
Strength: 10

Perks: TANK!!: When attacking a target, Travis may choose to force them to attack him next.

Angled Armor: Ignore the first ranged attack that isn't fire based or armor piercing to hit Travis each round.

Tread Heavily: + lvl To initiative and Travis is immune to rough terrain effects.

Heavy Armor: Attacks that deal less than LvL damage instead deal 1.

Flaw: Live Ammo Storage: Travis takes double damage from fire.

Actions:  
FIRE MAIN CANNON:  Twice per combat, Deal 5d6+Dex to one enemy and 5d6 to 4 other enemies 3 turn cooldown. Starts on cooldown.
    Level 1: Once per combat, Deal 3d4+Dex to one enemy and 3d4 to 4 other enemies. Starts with three turns of cool down.
    Level 2: +1d4 damage
    Level 3: Increase uses to 2 per combat.
    Level 4: +1d4 damage.

Level 5: Upgrade die to d6

Hit it with a wrench: Travis becomes immune to status ailments until the end of the round and all current status ailments are ended. The first use also heals HP by Con. Two turn cool down.
    Level 1: Travis becomes immune to status ailments until the end of the round and all current status ailments are ended. Two turn cool down.

Level 2: The first use heals HP by Con.

Fire Machine Guns!:  2d6 attacks for [LVL]+Dex damage distributed starting at the bottom of the initiative order and going up and looping around if there are more hits than targets. Hits lower damage by 2 for one round.
    Level 1: 1d4 attacks for [LVL] damage.
    Level 2: Shots are distributed among enemies going up the initiative order.
    Level 3:  Shots lower Enemy damage by 2 per hit for one round.
    Level 3: +1d4 Attacks.

Level 4: Fires d6 attacks instead.
    Level 5: Gains +Dex damage

Drive me closer!: Travis wants to hit them with his sword. Deals Dex damage to an enemy, increases Travis' Initiative by Dex for the next turn, and they take an extra STR damage on the next attack. 1 turn cooldown.
    Level 1: Deals Dex damage to an enemy and they take an extra STR damage when attacked next. 1 turn cooldown.

Level 2: Increases Travis' Initiative by Dex next turn. 

Tank it: Being large and made of armor, Travis’ tank is in an amazing place to act as cover. Travis gets in front of 2 allies for 3 turns, making attacks targeting them target him instead and increasing his DR by 2. Travis can end the action early as a free action. 
    Level 1: Travis takes attacks meant for two allies for a turn.
    Level 2: Slap a shield on the side: +2 DR for a turn.
    Level 3: +1 turn.

Level 4: +1 turn

Passive: Tank beats Sword: The first melee attack to hit Travis counts as a ranged attack.

Level 1: The first melee attack to hit Travis counts as a ranged attack.

Equipment: 2 tokens

“Big Iron”: A 75mm main cannon, named by Wyonna of course. + 4 main target damage on FIRE MAIN CANNON.
    Level 1: +2 damage on FIRE MAIN CANNON
    Level 2: +2 Damage

Scrap Armor: Bits of fairly straight metallic debris welded to the tank… You’re pretty sure you can see body parts in there. +3 DR reduces initiative by 5-STR
    Level 1: +1 DR Weight 5
    Level 2: +1 DR
    Level 3: +1 DR

Reserve:
Mask of Shielding (LVL*3 TempHP against lower Init enemies than you, LVL of which can be lost per attack. When depleted, 3 round cooldown until fully replenished)

As Cicivexa dragged himself back onto the scene, downing the one potion he could find on himself that wasn't expired, he was forced to consider his own actions. Would he have died if Edmond hadn't forced him out of the situation? He knew now that he needed to trust the man's judgment, but doing nothing while the Makuta spirited her off for "therapy"... didn't sit well with him, either. Even if such a being was willing to help with this one existential problem, his own continued existence is a problem unto itself, and "helping him" to any further degree, even as he has reaped so much from their very arrival... even if the Trespassers' invasion was stopped, he couldn't stand to leave this star worse-off than when he arrived.

This mutiny offered an opportunity: let the Makuta and Trespassers weaken each other, and finish them both off! That would be the best possible outcome, but that considered... he couldn't afford to be too risky. There is a clear heirarchy of problems, and... and even if it means the Makuta lives, the Trespassers (and the one working with them) were the target he came here for.

Under the effect of Sky-Splitting Flash, the Fruits of Hubris are ignored!

Cicivexa casts 2d8pnL9.pngToa Freeze on Icarax, the Rahi-Nui, and the Trespasser Spawn Tyrannosaurus, dealing (( 5d6 + 16 + 4 )/16) ice damage to the targets, and granting Umbra to Cicivexa for 4 turns. On a successful INT + 4 check against the targets' CON, Toa Freeze inflicts G8TVagh.pngBind for 2 Turns. (G8TVagh.pngBind: silences actions that require proximity; cured when a hostile action requiring proximity is taken against the victim by their enemy)

Effects & Cooldowns:

Spoiler

Temporary Perk Effects (already accounted for in above actions):

Umbra: 4 Turns Remaining

Astra: Inactive

Enochian Dependency: Until Umbra and/or Astra was active during both of the two previous turns

Turn -1:

Turn 0:

Temporary Effects (already accounted for in above actions):

Cooldowns:

Sharpcast: 3 Turns until usable (1 Turn if the user has at least two active buffs by the end of the turn)

Stats & Abilities:

Spoiler

HP: 66
Initiative: 6 (5-5+6)
Stats:
Constitution: 6
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 16 (14+2)
Strength: 0
Synergy: 9

Perks:

rjck6Oj.png Astral Cycle: Cicivexa can tap into the aetheric polarities which define his homestar's cycles of calamity and prosperity. Whenever he casts a Fire Spell, he gains the Astra effect for one turn, adding +LVL to all fire damage he deals. This damage boost does not stack with itself. Whenever he casts a Blizzard Spell, he gains the Umbra effect for 3 (+1 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) turns, enabling the ability to cast certain spells, frequently Fire Spells.

Rbf0jJR.png Magick and Mend: All attacks that scale off of some amount of INT scale off of the same amount of SYN. For example, if an attack deals INT/2 damage on its own, it now deals INT/2+SYN/2 damage. The -50% penalty to buffs on AOE spells still applies. Does not apply to non-damage effects. 

G7Scl6p.png Swiftcast: Grants the Swiftcast action.

LQ3xCXb.png Sharpcast: Grants the Sharpcast action.

Flaws and Injuries:

KqeM8R3.png Enochian Dependency: If neither Astra nor Umbra was active in the previous two turns, -50% damage dealt. 

T6sLmm2.png  Fruits of Hubris: When he is not under the effects of a defensive action, Cicivexa can't help being distracted by memories of Bazelgeuse. This reduces his damage dealt with magical effects by 50% against elite and boss enemies.

Actions and Equipment: 8/8

1SpKtNI.png Swiftcast: Perk-backed, Free Action, Cooldown of 2 turns. Allows Cicivexa to use an additional Action (of minimum Action Level of 3), at -2 Action Levels.

IJDJT2R.png Sharpcast: Perk-backed, Free Action, Cooldown of 3 turns. Begins on cooldown. Cicivexa's next attack this round is an automatic Critical Hit for 2x damage. If the user has at least two active buffs when the cooldown ticks for the round, it is reduced to one, then ticks.

zPIs7BZ.png?1 Toa Blizzaga: Blizzard spell. Deals WD/2 ice damage. On a successful INT (+4 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) check against the target's CON, deals 2x damage and inflicts Asl8mvk.pngHeavy for 1 (+1 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) turns.

Asl8mvk.pngWhen a Heavy character uses an action, the action's cooldown is 1 round longer, even if it did not already have a cooldown. Heavy cannot stack with itself.

2d8pnL9.png Toa Freeze: Blizzard spell. Deals WD/8 ice damage to 3 targets. On a successful INT (+4 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) check against a target's CON, they are inflicted with G8TVagh.pngBind for 1 (+1 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) turns, at the end of the round.

G8TVagh.pngBound characters cannot perform actions that require proximity to the action's target. Bind is cured when an enemy of the bound character makes a hostile action against them that requires proximity.

lBJux0A.png Flare III (Level 7): Fire Spell. Requires Umbra. Deals WD+2d6 fire damage to 4 different targets. Lowers the duration of Umbra by one turn.

lBJux0A.png Flare I (Level 5): Deals WD+2 fire damage.

Vicy0bT.pngThundaga (Level 3): Cooldown of 4 turns. Requires Umbra. Deals WD/2 lightning damage (benefitting from buffs to fire or wind damage, whichever provides more) and applies two stacks of QcBWAZW.pngThunderstruck on the target for 3 turns. Any resulting Thundercloud damage (see below) also benefits from fire/wind buffs as above, when this action is used at level 2 or above.

FNsULJv.pngThunder (Level 1): Cooldown of 4 turns. Deals WD/2 lightning damage and applies one stack of Thunderstruck on the target for 3 turns.

QcBWAZW.pngWhenever someone under the Thunderstruck effect uses an ability with a cooldown or charging time, one stack of Thunderstruck is consumed and Cicivexa gains Nnf4tJz.pngThundercloud for one turn (which does not stack).

Nnf4tJz.png Thundercloud can be consumed to unleash a weapon attack as a free action, unless the user is unable to act. This attack deals lightning damage instead of the original aspect.

mtIocJY.png Manaward I: Once per encounter. The next two attacks targeting Cicivexa do not deal damage to him.

Stardust Rod Zenith: Casts the Scathe spell, dealing 5d6+INT (+SYN due to Enhanced Black Magic) non-elemental damage. Lowers Initiative by 5-Strength.

Felt Sash: Increases Initiative by 6.

Toa Heartlight (Ice): +2 Damage Reduction, +2 INT, 5% MHP damage every turn without a Kanohi Mask equipped. When an Ice Action of Cicivexa's causes a non-stun status condition or environmental effect, that effect's duration is increased by one round. If an Ice Action of Cicivexa's allows an opposed check to resist or avoid it, Cicivexa gets +4 on the check. Creates an additional action slot, exclusively useable for a Kanohi mask.

|-> Kanohi Akaku (Mask of Vision): Lets you see through anything less dense than solid lead, though you can still tell whether you’re looking through something. Has a telescopic zoom lens. Activate the mask as a free action to ignore dodge and miss chances/effects for 1 round. 3 round cooldown. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh, this should be fun!" Her sword appeared in a flash of blood red particles. "It's like one of those plot twists in the mystery novels I used to find around! Ha!" Her expression turned from amusement to determination as she went in for the strike.

Hikari uses Dispersal Slash dealing 10d6+DEX damage to the Rahi Nui. Her Enhanced reaction time activates, granting an extra action. She activates her Blood Barrier blocking the next 2 attacks to her.

Spoiler

HP: 84

Init: 10

Stats:

Constitution: 9

Intelligence: 3

Strength: 9

Synergy: 3

Perks:

Enhanced Reaction Time - Grants an additional action once every 3 turns

Blood Dispersion - If hp reaches 0 Hikari can revive herself. This can happen once per battle. However, this immediately triggers bloodthirst and only restores 25% of her HP. It also places her at the bottom of the initiative list.

Prometheus Blood Code - Increase damage dealt by 30%

Bloodthirst - Gives 50% damage boost when activated. Must be activated by either taking damage 3 times or upon the activation of the Blood Dispersion Perk.

Flaw:

Bloodthirst - Activates upon the activation of the Bloodthirst Perk. Can only make attacking moves while this is active. Cannot be deactivated until a friendly or enemy dies in the battle or the Drain Action hits a target.

Actions:

Dispersal Slash - Allows Hikari to teleport behind an enemy and attacks. Adds 5 additional damage dice to the weapon Hikari is attacking with. Can be used once every 2 turns.

Level 1: Allows Hikari to teleport behind an enemy and attacks. Adds 1 additional damage dice. Can be used once every 3 turns.

Level 2: Adds 2 additional damage dice

Level 3: Can be used once every 2 turns

Level 4: Adds 3 additional damage dice

Level 5: Adds 4 additional damage dice

Level 6: Adds 5 additional damage dice

Blood Barrier - Creates a barrier that blocks 2 attacks. Can be used once every other turn.

Level 1: Creates a barrier that blocks 1 attacks. Can be used once every 4 turns.

Level 2: Can be used once every 3 turns

Level 3: Can be used once every 2 turns

Level 4: Barrier blocks 2 attacks

Level 5: Can be used every other turn

Blade Dance - Hikari is allowed to make an attacking move before the start of the battle as an extra action.

Level 1: Hikari is allowed to make an attacking move before the start of the battle as an extra action

Drain - A metal tail with a spear tip emerges from Hikari's body striking her target and draining their blood. Deals Dexterity in damage, heals 1/2DEX. Can be used once every 2 turns. Removes the effects of Bloodthirst.

Level 1: A metal tail with a spear tip emerges from Hikari's body striking her target and draining their blood. Deals Dexterity in damage, heals 1/2DEX. Can be used once every 4 turns.

Level 2: Removes effects of Bloodthirst

Level 3: Can be used once every 3 turns

Level 4: Can be used once every 2 turns

Health Transfusion - Removes a stated amount of HP from Hikari and heals a friendly target of her choice for that amount of HP. Can be used once every 4 turns.

Level 1: Removes 20 HP from Hikari and heals a friendly target closest to her in initiative for that amount of HP. Can be used once every 4 turns.

Level 2: Removes a stated amount of HP

Level 3: Can target a friendly directly above or below her in initiative

Level 4: Can target a friendly of her choice

Equipment:

Hanemukuro Sword - Weight 7. Deals 5d6+DEX damage. Inflicts slashing and piercing damage.

Level 1: Weight 7. Deals 3d6+DEX damage. Inflicts slashing and piercing damage.

Level 2: Deals 4d6+DEX damage

Level 3: Deals 5d6+DEX damage

Silver Garb Bloodveil - Weight 7. Resists 10% of Slashing and Piercing damage.

Level 1: Weight 7. Resists 2 attacks of Slashing and Piercing damage.

Level 2: Resists 5% of all Slashing and Piercing damage

Level 3: Resists 10%

Purifier Mask - Weight 7. Automatically resists one gas based debuff per battle.

Level 1: Weight 7. Automatically resists half of the damage from one gas-based debuff per battle.

Level 2: Resists one debuff per battle 

Spoiler

Name Soften: (Dackly, Gaze)

Description: Dackly focuses on Feelings of Love and Compassion, blasting a target with pure love, which feeds on the target's better nature and softens their body.

Level 1Inflicts Int/3 Soften Stacks.

This is considered a status effect, whose effects (But not application of the stacks) can be resisted by specific defenses, such as Mirror Mail, True Unyielding Desire to cause indiscriminate suffering, and being made of something very soft.

Future damage dealt by the target is decreased by ((Soften/Current Health)*100)%. If the target's health reaches zero, or if they are no longer capable of dealing damage, they are turned Soft in some way. Enemies are considered helpless in this state.

-

Riding (Dackly, Blue Art)

The user is skilled at riding atop other living things.

Gain +6 INIT. Activates automatically at combat start.

-

Blue Art - Darkness: The first attack that would hit Dackly in an encounter is absorbed by a shroud of elemental shadow. Passive.

-

Silver Bullet (Gozer)

The user fires a pellet of Silver Ore at an enemy.

The user deals 1d6+Int Damage as a free action with first strike. If the enemy is traditionally weak to silver, they instead take 5d6+Int Damage.

Once Per combat Cooldown

-

Nyx's Starlight Spear; "Redeeming Darkness": (Blue Art, Dackly, Gaze)

Dackly focuses on Feelings of Honor and Glory, Creating a Spear of Cold Black Shade infused with starlight.

A target afflicted by this is equipped with a weapon able to deal 1d6+Stat damage, and is obligated to use it instead of their normal weapons for at least 3 turns.

If a target is defeated after having been afflicted by this, they are defeated honorably, and lose faith in their chances of winning a fight to the death. Enemies are considered helpless in this state.
If Dackly and Gozer are defeated, the weapon's usage is no longer compulsory.

Level 2: The weapon created by this ability deals 10d4+Stat to other targets who are also wielding a weapon made by this skill.

-

Royal Guard: (Gozer, Blue Art)

Gozer assumes a powerful stance, preparing to absorb incoming attacks.

Gozer predicts that a specific target will be attacked by a specific other target.

If he is correct, the attack is negated, and D&G gain a damage boost equal to the damage negated, which is added to their next attack.

This action takes place immediately before the attack being blocked does.

Dackly uses Soften on the Trespasser Tyranosaur, while Gozer uses Royal Guard, predicting that Makuta will be attacked again by Ikarax!

• 4 weeks later...

Travis opens fire with his machine guns for 8 attacks of 6 damage each, looping around the initiative order until all are expended.  Each hit lowers the target’s damage output by 2 for 1 round.  The bullets seem to bounce off Icarax.

The Rahi Nui stings Travis, inflicting Reality Acid and dealing 3 damage!  Better clean that up fast…

Icarax throws a cut at the Makuta, dealing 11 damage!  Gozer intercepts it with Royal Guard!

The Makuta activates his Kanohi Mask of Shadows, filling Hikari with righteous fury and giving her +12 damage for 3 rounds!

Cell uses Ice Grenade targeting the Rahi Nui and Icarax!  They lose 5 init and act last this round!  (Or next round if they act before Cell).  It doesn’t seem to affect Icarax…

The Rahi Nui turns towards Cell and lowers its bull-like head, snorting viciously.

Tsubasa uses Sky-Splitting Flash to intercept the next three attacks aimed at Cicivexa or the Makuta!

Icarax attempts to shoulder-check the Makuta, but Tsubasa intercepts the blow!

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!  Icarax loses his next action!

Hikari uses Dispersial Slash to deal 59 damage to the Rahi Nui!  She activates her Blood Barrier to soak the next two attacks aimed at her!

Icarax’s combo has been disrupted!

Cicivexa casts Toa Freeze on Icarax, the Rahi Nui, and the TST, dealing 1 ice damage to each and granting him Umbra for 4 rounds.  All three must make a DC 20 con save or suffer Bind for 2 rounds, cutting off actions that require proximity.  Icarax ignores the effect!  The Rahi Nui eats the ice damage and gets marginally more swole!

The Trespasser Spawn Tyrannosaurus is frozen solid!  And also softened!  The paradox deals 10 psychic damage to it!

Edmond asks the Makuta what his name is, and uses Bird’s Eye View to decrease incoming damage on Hikari and Dackly + Gozer by 30%!  Edmond doesn't regenerate, because he's at full HP!  The Makuta seems to be ignoring his question...

Dackly uses Soften to inflict 4 stacks of Soften on the TST, reducing its damage output by 4%.  Gozer uses Royal Guard, predicting that Icarax will attack the Makuta!

A warping pulse emanates from the Trespasser-possessed Rahi Nui!  Suddenly, whenever a member of the party breathes out, the air exiting their bodies emanates several feet to their left, bypassing their vocal cords!  The party has been Silenced!

Spoiler

Travis:  100/103, Reality Acid (Travis must de-equip an action or item every round.), Silenced

Tsubasa:  114/114, Healthy, Silenced

Cell:  244/244, Healthy, Silenced

Hikari:  84/84, Healthy, Enraged 3 (+12 damage dealt), Bird’s Eye View 1, Silenced, Blood Barrier 2

Dackly, Gozer and Cap:  45/45, Purified, Bird’s Eye View 1, Silenced

Cicivexa:  66/66, healthy, Sky-Splitting Flash 2, Silenced, Umbra 4

Edmond:  78/78, healthy, Silenced

Icarax:  ???/???, Suppressed, Parry

The Makuta:  200/200, Suppressed, Sky Splitting Flash 2

Rahi Nui:  ???/???, Consuming Element (Shadow, greater), Consuming Element (Toa Power, lesser), Warp Terrain (Major Trespasser Spawn), 77 damage taken, Machine Guns -6, Consumption 1, Communications Breakdown

Trespasser Spawn Tyrannosaurus:  83/100, Machine Guns -2, Bound 2, Softened 4, Paradox

Init

Spoiler

Travis:  18

Icarax 12

The Makuta 10

Rahi Nui 10

Cell: 9

Tsubasa:  7

Icarax 7

Hikari:  5

Icarax 4

Cicivexa:  3

Rahi Nui 3

Trespasser Spawn Tyrannosaurus:  2

Edmond:  2

Dackly and Gozer:  0

As the Rahi Nui huffs and snorts Cell turns to face it, drawing his blade and shield, the red metal and off-set black cross catching sun as he brought his sword to rest on the edge.

Cell prepares to Parry against the Rahi Nui!

2 DR/all

15% DR/Physical

Crit Meter: 3/8

Loadout:

Spoiler

Stats:
Level: 8(6)
HP: 244
Initiative: 9(10-1)
Tokens: 4/5

Crit Meter: 3/8

Strength: 16
Constitution: 16+2

Actions:

Vampirism:
Deal Weapon damage and restore [Damage dealt]/4 HP.
Level 2: Now [Damage dealt]/3.
Level 3: Now [Damage dealt]/2.

Aura of Laceration: Talk about a paper cut.
Grants the Aura buff to the user and two allies giving the Dex/2 DR and Dex/2 Retaliation damage to melee attackers for 3 rounds, cooldown of 4.
Level 1: Grants the Aura buff to the user giving them Dex/2 DR for two rounds.  Only considers base Dex.  Cooldown of 4.
Level 2: Duration increased to 3.
Level 3: The Aura now also deals Dex/2 retaliation damage when the user is attacked in melee.
Level 4: Aura may be granted to an ally in addition to the user.
Level 5: Aura may be granted to a second ally as well.

Parry: aaannndd riposte.
Choose a target to parry, if they attack before your next move cancel that attack.
Level 2: If successful the user can choose to make a weapon attack against the parried target as a free action on their next turn, doing so puts Parry on cooldown for three rounds.

Wave of Denial: Begone THOT.
Gives one target or the user the “Zone of Denial” buff for one round, making them unable to be targeted by non-AoE attacks.
Cooldown of two.
Level 2: Now effects an additional target.
Level 3: Now effects an additional target(3).

Sack of Grenades: Talk about a bag of goodies.
Starts with one grenade type, additional types may be bought with levels, cannot use any type of grenade until all types are off cooldown.
Infantry Grenade: Deals [Str] damage to two targets.
Oil Grenade: Covers two targets in oil for two rounds, fire damage taken while covered in oil is increased by 20%, cooldown of two rounds.
Flashbang: Two targets randomly hit friend or foe with their actions for two rounds, cooldown of two rounds.
Ice Grenade: Reduce the Init of two targets by [Dex/2] and freezes them, forcing them to act last next round or this round if the user acts before them, targets gain immunity to the freezing effect of this action after the first time it's used on them, but not the Init penalty, two round cooldown.
Ivy Grenade: Causes ivy to burst from the ground and entangle two targets, if they fail a Dex save vs the user’s Dex they are prevented from taking actions that require movement for two rounds, cooldown of two rounds.
Level 2: Adds Oil Grenade.
Level 3: Adds Flashbang.
Level 4: Adds Ice Grenade.
Level 5: Adds Ivy Grenade.

Equipment/Tricks:

Scavenger Sword: Blood will soak the blade, yours or theirs.
Deals 8d6+[Str] damage to one target, gains an additional 2 damage dice when the user is below 50% HP, weight of 15.
Level 1: deals 4d6 damage.
Level 2: +1 additional damage die.
Level 3: +1 additional damage die, +1 Weight.
Level 4: +1 additional damage die.
Level 5: +1 additional damage die, +1 Weight.

Force Shield: Rampart who?
Reduces physical(non-magic/energy) damage by 15%, weight of 12.

Toa Heartlight (Air) – The ancient mechanisms of the Toa Canister have transformed you into a creature of Bionicle!  Grants +2 damage reduction and +2 Con.  Cannot be unequipped at this time.  Deals 5% of your MHP in nonlethal pure damage to you each round until you pass out.  Self-damage can be negated if you wear a Kanohi Mask of Power.

Persistent Element:  When an action of your element causes a non-stun status condition or environmental effect, that effect’s duration is increased by 1 round.

Elemental Wellspring:  Actions of your element take 1 round less to cool down than they otherwise would

Kanohi Miru, the mask of levitation:

This silvery, metal mask is very aerodynamic and light, with lots of holes, and a sweeping, beaked visor.  When worn, the mask color-coordinates with the wearer’s outfit.  Wearing the mask grants you the ability to levitate.

Makes you immune to falling damage.  Allows levitation but not flight on its own.  Incompatible with other masks.

This could be really bad. She felt like she could still breathe just fine, but reality warping around them like this meant it might not last for long. We brought it, so I may as well. . . Reason and logic aside, it simply felt like the right decision. Tsubasa took the strange, powerful mask she'd been instructed with and placed it over her face. Just like wielding a blade. Clear your mind of everything but the flow. The calm will guide you to the cut as long as you are there to give it form, and give no thought to anything but the cut. The words didn't quite reach her conscious mind as she focused, but her master's teachings (before she became her own, of course) echoed beneath the surface.

Tsubasa attempts to channel the power of the Mask of Time to assist the party!

Spoiler

Perks:
Total Concentration Breathing: The bread and butter of a Demon Slayer. This technique allows one to harness the strength of one's breath and fight on par with demons. Allows Tsubasa to use their Constitution as an attacking stat in place of Dexterity, Strength, or Synergy.

Yin & Yang (Level 2): Tsubasa's fighting style emphasizes moving with the flow of battle, attack moving into defense and defense into attack when the time is right. They have a Yin and Yang meter, that start at zero and progressively fill. Every attack increases Yin by one, and every supportive action increases Yang by one. Yang also increases on turns an attack was received. These can be used to perform more powerful techniques. Whenever they are spent, the opposite gauge increases by the same amount. Each gauge is capped at 8 points. Resets to 0 after each battle.

Action & Reaction: When Tsubasa is attacked, they gain a stack of "Reaction." If two or more stacks of Reaction are present, Tsubasa expends all stacks to take an extra action on their next turn.

Flaw: Breathless: Tsubasa has not mastered the art of using Total Concentration Breathing full-time, and thus suffers the ill effects of stopping the technique. They have an additional "Breath" gauge that starts equal to their CON. Whenever Tsubasa uses an ability with a cooldown or gauge requirement, they lose half of that requirement (rounded down, but minimum 1) from this gauge. They lose the ability to act when this gauge is empty. Debuff cleanses restore Breath equal to the number of debuffs they would normally remove. Resets to 0 after each battle.

HP: 114
Initiative: 13

Base Stats:

• Strength: 3
  • Dexterity: 13
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Constitution: 14
  • Synergy: 2

Actions
: 20/20

First Form: Bolt from Blue Skies: A sword technique that emulates a sudden flash of lightning from a previously calm sky. Deals double damage, plus additional [DEX] damage, to a single target. Not usable if user has already attacked this encounter.
-Level 1: Double weapon damage. Only usable if user has not attacked yet.
-Level 2: Adds user DEX to the damage. If the attack is a DEX attack, add CON instead.

Second Form: Eye of the Storm: A breath technique that finds calm in chaos. Increases damage resistance by 1+the user's Yin gauge for the remainder of the battle. Can be used again to double the resistance for a turn. Calculated off of user's Yin when they take damage, not when they use the move.
-Level 1: When activated, increases the user's damage resistance by their Yin gauge for 3 turns. If the gauge increases, so does the resistance.
-Level 2: Now permanent after use, but does not stack with itself.
-Level 3: Can be activated again to double the resistance for one turn.

-Level 4: Also adds +1 resistance at all times. 

Third Form: Sky-Splitting Flash: A technique that launches the user in a direction at high speed, allowing gaps to be closed quickly. Tsubasa uses this to interpose herself between allies and foes. Intercepts 3+[Yin spent] attacks on targeted allies, carries over between turns.
-Level 1: Intercepts the next attack on target ally. Can spend Yin to increase the number of attacks intercepted this turn.
-Level 2: Intercepts carry over between turns.
-Level 3: Intercepts can now target multiple allies.
-Level 4: Intercepts an additional attack.

-Level 5: Intercepts an additional attack.

Fourth Form: Lightning Cracking the Ground: A slow, heavy attack whose true purpose is not inflicting damage, but forcing an opponent to interrupt what they're doing. Also good for clearing obstacles, in a pinch.
-Level 1: Stuns a target. 3 round cooldown, can spend Yin to reduce this on a one-to-one basis.
-Level 2: Also reduces target's damage by Yin gauge when this action was used for the turn after the stun wears off.

Fifth Form: Chain Lightning: Channels a destructive flow of energy, jumping from victim to victim along the path of least resistance. Costs 5 Yang. Attacks 3 times, targeting the nearest enemy in initiative to the original target for followups. Can hit the same enemy twice.
-Level 1: Attacks an enemy for [weapon] damage, then attacks the enemy nearest them for the same until 3 attacks have been performed.
-Level 2: Can retarget the same enemy once, if there are no other valid targets.

Sixth Form: Sweeping Current Surge: A strenuous, rapid stream of slashes that baffle, buffet, and cripple, striking multiple enemies at once. Costs 5 Yin. Deals [CON] damage to an enemy and each one above and below it in initiative, then reduces their damage by the same amount for 2 turns. Attacking a single target replaces the formula with a basic attack.
-Level 1: Select a target. To it and each enemy above and below it in initiative, deal [CON] damage. The victims have their damage reduced by the damage they take from this for 2 turns.
-Level 2: Sixth Form Kai: Overwhelming Current Surge: This variant form deals additional damage (a basic attack) if used on a single target.

Seventh Form: Perfect Flow: A difficult technique requiring perfect balance and clarity. The user evades incoming attacks with an absolute minimum of motion, then strikes home while the target is exposed. Requires both Yin and Yang gauges to be full. One round cooldown. Dodges an attack from an enemy, then deals the maximum possible damage of the incoming attack plus a normal attack.
-Level 1: Choose an enemy. Dodge the first attack from that enemy, then deal damage to that enemy equal to the maximum damage of that attack plus the maximum damage of a zero-requirement attack.

Equipment & Tricks:

Nichirin Sword: One of the few instruments capable of slaying a demon for good. Infused with sunlight, these weapons are infallible if wielded properly - but beware the incautious strike. They change colors based on the wielder. Tsubasa's blade takes on a vibrant blue scheme with a tendency to catch and reflect the light. Weight 3. Deals 4d6+DEX damage
-Level 1: Deals 1d6+DEX damage.
-Level 2: If an enemy takes extra damage from light or sun based attacks, they take extra damage from this weapon.
-Level 3: Enemies killed with this weapon cannot be revived. This effect may partially fail (based on GM discretion) on stronger enemies.
-Level 4: 2d6 damage.
-Level 5: 3d6 damage.
-Level 6: 4d6 damage.

Oh, come on. Now even if the Makuta had been willing to answer, it'd be pointless. He hated to attack this specimen of an extinct species, but what more was there to do?

Use Stress Testing (2d8+12 and increase damage of next hit on same enemy by 25%) on the dinosaur, activate Gambit (-13 HP), and use Stress Testing (2d8+12 and increase damage of next hit on same enemy by 25%) on Rahi Nui. Edmond autoheals for 10% MHP (7). 4 physical damage reduction, 8 against bullets.

Spoiler

Intelligence:
.--12
Strength:
Synergy:

Perks:

Slots (7/7):

He had to admit, this was a creative one, but Cicivexa had trained for months to channel without the need for voice control. Such tricks were worthless against him... and they would soon be his foes' downfall.

As he gathered energy in his staff, he lowered it and flicked it upwards, launching a ball of lightning towards the Trespasser! To a limited extent, now, its energy was now his to command. The excess of it, at least.

Under the effect of Sky-Splitting Flash, the Fruits of Hubris are ignored!

Cicivexa casts Vicy0bT.png Thundaga on the Rahi-Nui, dealing ( ( 5d6 + 16 + 9 ) / 4 ) lightning damage to the target, and inflicting two stacks of QcBWAZW.pngThunderstruck for 3 Turns.

(QcBWAZW.pngThunderstruck (Stackable): when the victim uses an action with a cooldown or charge time, they lose one stack, and the inflictor gains Nnf4tJz.pngThundercloud for 1 Turn)

(Nnf4tJz.pngThundercloud: If able to act, the user can consume this to perform one lightning-aspected weapon attack as a free action, affected by either fire or wind damage buffs)

Effects & Cooldowns:

Spoiler

Temporary Perk Effects (already accounted for in above actions):

Umbra: 3 Turns Remaining

Astra: Inactive

Enochian Dependency: Until Umbra and/or Astra was active during both of the two previous turns

Turn 0:

Turn 1: Umbra 4

Temporary Effects (already accounted for in above actions):

Cooldowns:

Sharpcast: 2 Turns (1 Turn if the user has at least two active buffs by the end of the turn)

Thundaga: 4 Turns

Stats & Abilities:

Spoiler

HP: 66
Initiative: 6 (5-5+6)
Stats:
Constitution: 6
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 16 (14+2)
Strength: 0
Synergy: 9

Perks:

rjck6Oj.png Astral Cycle: Cicivexa can tap into the aetheric polarities which define his homestar's cycles of calamity and prosperity. Whenever he casts a Fire Spell, he gains the Astra effect for one turn, adding +LVL to all fire damage he deals. This damage boost does not stack with itself. Whenever he casts a Blizzard Spell, he gains the Umbra effect for 3 (+1 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) turns, enabling the ability to cast certain spells, frequently Fire Spells.

Rbf0jJR.png Magick and Mend: All attacks that scale off of some amount of INT scale off of the same amount of SYN. For example, if an attack deals INT/2 damage on its own, it now deals INT/2+SYN/2 damage. The -50% penalty to buffs on AOE spells still applies. Does not apply to non-damage effects. 

G7Scl6p.png Swiftcast: Grants the Swiftcast action.

LQ3xCXb.png Sharpcast: Grants the Sharpcast action.

Flaws and Injuries:

KqeM8R3.png Enochian Dependency: If neither Astra nor Umbra was active in the previous two turns, -50% damage dealt. 

T6sLmm2.png  Fruits of Hubris: When he is not under the effects of a defensive action, Cicivexa can't help being distracted by memories of Bazelgeuse. This reduces his damage dealt with magical effects by 50% against elite and boss enemies.

Actions and Equipment: 8/8

1SpKtNI.png Swiftcast: Perk-backed, Free Action, Cooldown of 2 turns. Allows Cicivexa to use an additional Action (of minimum Action Level of 3), at -2 Action Levels.

IJDJT2R.png Sharpcast: Perk-backed, Free Action, Cooldown of 3 turns. Begins on cooldown. Cicivexa's next attack this round is an automatic Critical Hit for 2x damage. If the user has at least two active buffs when the cooldown ticks for the round, it is reduced to one, then ticks.

zPIs7BZ.png?1 Toa Blizzaga: Blizzard spell. Deals WD/2 ice damage. On a successful INT (+4 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) check against the target's CON, deals 2x damage and inflicts Asl8mvk.pngHeavy for 1 (+1 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) turns.

Asl8mvk.pngWhen a Heavy character uses an action, the action's cooldown is 1 round longer, even if it did not already have a cooldown. Heavy cannot stack with itself.

2d8pnL9.png Toa Freeze: Blizzard spell. Deals WD/8 ice damage to 3 targets. On a successful INT (+4 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) check against a target's CON, they are inflicted with G8TVagh.pngBind for 1 (+1 with Toa Heartlight (Ice)) turns, at the end of the round.

G8TVagh.pngBound characters cannot perform actions that require proximity to the action's target. Bind is cured when an enemy of the bound character makes a hostile action against them that requires proximity.

lBJux0A.png Flare III (Level 7): Fire Spell. Requires Umbra. Deals WD+2d6 fire damage to 4 different targets. Lowers the duration of Umbra by one turn.

lBJux0A.png Flare I (Level 5): Deals WD+2 fire damage.

Vicy0bT.pngThundaga (Level 3): Cooldown of 4 turns. Requires Umbra. Deals WD/2 lightning damage (benefitting from buffs to fire or wind damage, whichever provides more) and applies two stacks of QcBWAZW.pngThunderstruck on the target for 3 turns. Any resulting Thundercloud damage (see below) also benefits from fire/wind buffs as above, when this action is used at level 2 or above.

FNsULJv.pngThunder (Level 1): Cooldown of 4 turns. Deals WD/2 lightning damage and applies one stack of Thunderstruck on the target for 3 turns.

QcBWAZW.pngWhenever someone under the Thunderstruck effect uses an ability with a cooldown or charging time, one stack of Thunderstruck is consumed and Cicivexa gains Nnf4tJz.pngThundercloud for one turn (which does not stack).

Nnf4tJz.png Thundercloud can be consumed to unleash a weapon attack as a free action, unless the user is unable to act. This attack deals lightning damage instead of the original aspect.

mtIocJY.png Manaward I: Once per encounter. The next two attacks targeting Cicivexa do not deal damage to him.

Stardust Rod Zenith: Casts the Scathe spell, dealing 5d6+INT (+SYN due to Enhanced Black Magic) non-elemental damage. Lowers Initiative by 5-Strength.

Felt Sash: Increases Initiative by 6.

Toa Heartlight (Ice): +2 Damage Reduction, +2 INT, 5% MHP damage every turn without a Kanohi Mask equipped. When an Ice Action of Cicivexa's causes a non-stun status condition or environmental effect, that effect's duration is increased by one round. If an Ice Action of Cicivexa's allows an opposed check to resist or avoid it, Cicivexa gets +4 on the check. Creates an additional action slot, exclusively useable for a Kanohi mask.

|-> Kanohi Akaku (Mask of Vision): Lets you see through anything less dense than solid lead, though you can still tell whether you’re looking through something. Has a telescopic zoom lens. Activate the mask as a free action to ignore dodge and miss chances/effects for 1 round. 3 round cooldown.