Trespassers V2: Tales of the Masks [IC]

DragonRage

"Cutting someone's hand off is a little extreme if he was truly trying to help you. I can't even remember the last time someone offered to help me outside of whatever I've gotten pulled here." Hikari took a cloth out of her bag and wiped down the few she had, most of which were already beginning to show signs of healing.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He jumped at me, I reacted." Tsubasa shrugged. "I don't think he expected me to be able to hurt him. And no, I didn't cut a deal with him. All I did was mention the uniform of the Corps." Tsubasa experimentally moved her fingers around, ensuring that Edmond hadn't cross-wired anything else, before continuing. "I'm not going to waste time wondering what he wanted or feeling bad for defending myself."

"I, for one, full  support slicing the guy.  He's already turned one of our crew against us, though I'm still confused regarding the specifics."

"Don't worry about the wiring too much. I may make mistakes, but I make certain to catch them. Everything's been triple checked." Edmond attempted to be reassuring. He was not however, terribly accustomed to working directly with living beings. Interfacing between man and machine perhaps, but not directly on the living part. "So, what's the Corps you speak of?"

Travis, having overseen the reconstruction of his sleeping arrangements to a sufficient degree, goes over to where the... idiot, was getting patched up.

"So... Did you mean to attract everything hell bent on killing us for a mile or was that purely coincidence?"

"The Demon Slayer Corps." She glanced up at Travis as he approached. "Getting those things to show was just a bonus. I found out what I needed to know." She stood for a moment, casually stretching her limbs before returning to a spot slightly closer to the fire. "Do you have any food?"

Travis rubs his... mask. God this place was weird. It wasn't doing anything to improve his mood, and at this point he only hoped that this girl could provide an answer that satisfied him.

"Not anything we can eat right now. And what was it that you needed to know?"

"Whether any of you were demons." Tsubasa said, as if it were obvious. She picked up a stick nearby and idly prodded at the fire. "Where I'm from, only demons can use magic." This place made it hard to puzzle out. Everything was unfamiliar, including the people; would she know a demon if she saw it? 

"I still don't trust her," Cicivexa muffled through his hat. "How do we know she isn't playing dumb? Perhaps the Makuta better supplied the situation to her than she's said, and she lured those monsters to impede us." Though conscious, he still couldn't quite stand up with his injuries; all he could do was weakly attempt to gesture his staff in her direction. "Who's to say she has no intentions to continue doing so?"

"No, we do have food? Well, we did before giant insects arrived. Should be able to easily get some more though." Edmond briefly considered whether some form of electrofishing setup might work, but only two more people had joined the group, they wouldn't need that much.

"There's fish in the river and a fire to roast them." Tsubasa would clearly be fast enough to stab some with her sword. "Only part I'm not certain about, there's something you need to do to actually eat them when you're in this form. Halhi, do you think you could show us that again?"

"Decapitate them or die trying." Tsubasa gave Travis the look of a person who wanted to ask why you had such a stupid question, but didn't want to be quite so rude. "If I was here to trick you into liking me, I wouldn't have threatened to kill you," She tilted her head back towards Cicivexa as she spoke, before turning to Cell and jumping slightly at his(?) appearance. She looked at the cherries dubiously for a moment, then shrugged and did as Halhi instructed, being slightly disappointed that apparently whatever she had been turned into didn't actually chew its food. 

At Tsubasa's comment of decapitation Cell happily wrests his own head free of his shoulders with a bit of a pop sound.  He dropped it back down with a thud and gestured to Travis as if to agree.

"I can attempt to imagine the logic of wanting to kill them while they have yet to compromise you. Given the apparent quantity of the subject's aether, as well as the immense and seemingly universal simple-mindedness of the demons of her Star, it could become a life-or-death situation the moment she would be in their presence." I cannot believe I am defending the logic of this lunatic, and I know not whether to envy or fear for her place of origin.

"Regardless, demon hunter, your story fails to line up in one glaring regard: how did you manage to wound and cripple a self-proclaimed god, with incomprehensible power to support said claim, and as far as I understand, the ability to read the mind as if it were an open book? He would not allow any wounds for himself to the best of his, I repeat, incomprehensible ability."

"You did something with your machete before though, right?" Edmond inquired to Halhi. But if it were that easy, that was certainly nice.

"The Makuta toys with people from what we've seen. Perhaps he toys to make up for his own deficiencies. Alternatively, he may have been overconfident in his toying, or, far more worryingly, he may have some plot in mind that requires us to believe that we can harm him in a specific way."

Cicivexa gave a pained sigh of exasperation, and assumed a more comfortable position in the dirt. "You have no further intention to defend yourself, then. Know that I am not thrilled by the opportunity to be proven correct on my suspicions a second time this quest."

What a party to be gathered. Gods, what even was the reason any of us were called for this? Dangerous monsters, insane dark goddesses, paranoid psychopaths... how do we have any chance against this "Trespasser" threat if we could not even kill one of them? Are we all just the most powerful individuals our homerealms didn't want to keep? Cicivexa reached for a flask on his belt, hoping it would quicken the healing, before noticing that the potion was long expired. This is going to be a long adventure.

"I don't need to defend myself. I did what I could to protect myself and others with the information I had. If you have a problem with that, you're not worth talking to." She sighed. Demons were easier to deal with than people, at times. They tried to eat you, you cut parts off of them until they stopped. Action, reaction, no thoughts, just doing what needed to be done. "Especially after I helped fight those things off. Which were already there, by the way." Granted, she hadn't intended on luring them, but good things happened when you just went with the flow. "Do you think it was better that they showed up when we were all alert, or would you rather it was after people had gone to sleep?"

Hikari stood up and gestured in manner to stop any more confrontation. "People, people...We're tired and just had a fight. Wouldn't it be better to not cause another one with these questions and get some rest while we still have time?" She motioned to the area she had selected to sleep in. "Lets get the best night rest we can and we can sort things out in the morning, yeah? I'll even take the first watch and keep the fire going."

"Halhi, Nuparu, could you confirm for us the nocturnal habits of the Nui-Rama?" He paused to compose his words. "Unfortunately, we are not able to identify whether that Trespassing scalekin would have hunted us in our sleep. The threat of such a catastrophe was real. Thankfully, we were not, and in the end, only one of us sustained serious injuries." Cicivexa paused again, to look at himself. "To that end, however, all we can thank is sheer luck. We were lucky tonight. Based on the information we had, our most trusted of guides recognized this as a safe place to camp for the night. If any Nui-Rama attacked us in the night, one of us would be keeping watch, and regardless, it would not be the regional swarm you had summoned with your fifty-times-po- augh!" Just as he elevated his voice, his lungs had begun burning again. Oh gods, the pain.

"...Hikari is right. We should rest for tonight, and save our complaints for the morn. Demon hunter, know that you have my trust that you haven't the thought to betray us. It is all you are going to get." Though still uncontent with where he left things, he nonetheless crawled to a more comfortable place to rest, and went to bed once more. Hopefully he wouldn't have any thick-skulled party members criticizing his breathing this time.

Cell rummages around in his head before pulling out a glob of nasty looking greenish goop and slapping it against a nearby tree.  A small orb with a indent on one side "floated" to the surface of the glob and rotated around, seeming to scan the area while Cell moved to lay down again for the night.

"Good god man, we're not doing a court martial right now. Please give it a rest."  What a nuisance.

"Wake me up when you want to switch off, Murasame." With that, he'd try to get some sleep.