Trespassers V2: Tales of the Masks [IC]

DragonRage

"We fought a bunch of monsters and that guy almost died because completing his Arts was more important than not exploding." Tsubasa shrugged. "So yeah, I've had worse." She sheathed her blade, the blue glint flashing for a moment as she turned back to Hikari. "Care to explain that?" She gestured at the fading red mist where the other woman's sword had been. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cicivexa gained consciousness fairly quickly, but attempted to feign otherwise. He heard the others discussing their- his- failure to eradicate the trespassing beast. It was difficult to tell if he wasn't responding out of shame, trauma, or physical pain, but when he caught Sanada's ill comment, his head immediately raised to respond.

"My magicks require naught less than complete concentration, lest you question my priorities. Had I been afforded just a few more moments, the beast would never have even touched me before it would collapse dead. Is it not the most basic, common courtesy for adventurers on your Star to... protect... one's allies..."

Cicivexa caught a glimpse of the man tending to his wounds, before immediately dropping back into feigning unconciousness. Now there was no question as to the shame. One could cut it with a knife.

"You tell me." Tsubasa pulled one arm out of her haori and pulled the underlying uniform aside enough to reveal myriad scars decorating her body even in its currently altered state, mamy of which seemed to be the result of claws and fangs. She returned her clothing to its normal state for a moment before continuing. "I can tell you're awake, by the way. Your breathing technique is terrible."

"Since Cicivexa wasn't looking, you should show us again." Edmond commented towards Tsubasa, unthinkingly taking the flask from the moss man. He stared at the glass of. . . pink electricity that had somehow found it's way into his hand, before gently setting it down. "What. . .is it?"

Travis gives Tsubasa a half angry and half shocked look. "Not that bad!? They practically killed the short one, and it would have been worse if I wasn't blocking people from getting hit! ... Nice scars though, maybe we can compare later." Travis says with a tone in between sarcasm and actual interest in doing so.

"You haven't seen the aftermath of a demon attack before, have you?" She gestures to the fresher wounds and scorch marks on herself. "You also apparently didn't see me doing the same without the benefit of a big steel box." Despite her somewhat confrontational words, she didn't seem to be all that miffed, simply walking back towards where the fire had been. She stretched a bit on the walk over before squatting near it and trying to get it going once again. 

Travis shrugs. "Different worlds, remember? Sides, could have been worse. Bet you don't know anything about ELID." Travis also heads towards the fire, though his goal is to direct the girls on setting their sleeping arrangements back up.

Hikari walked back to where the fire was and took a seat on one of the logs that were still left in place, "You asked about my weapon earlier? Let me guess...You've never seen a Revenant before? Or is it something else you were wondering?"

"Well, back where I'm from, that means you're a demon." She patted herself down for a moment, seemingly looking for something, before a brief flash of disappointment flickered across her expression. "I'm still not convinced you aren't one, but you also didn't immediately try to eat me when you smelled the marechi, so I'm putting off decapitating you." Tsubasa shrugged, seemingly content to leave her statement at that. In reality, of course, she was actually wondering if this world had onigiri and whether she could get some if it did, but her face remained impassive.

Hikari stared blankly at Tsubasa, "Mare-what? I don't even have the first idea of what that is or what you are talking about." 

She smirked slightly at the thought of the word 'decapitation', "And good luck with trying to kill me that way, it won't work in your favor. My body will just remanifest and I'll revive in a matter of hours. I may end up forgetting some things if you do that like I have before, so make sure you don't try it for fun."

"Good to know." Regardless of what she was, this girl was a strange sort. Perhaps she was just overconfident? Could be some kind of ploy, too. . . Tsubasa mentally shrugged. She'd worry about it when it became a problem. 

"Marechi is a type of blood. My blood. What was it the old man said? Eating me would be like eating fifty normal humans for a demon. It tends to lure out things interested in that sort of thing."

Cell digs up his set of cards and flips through to find one and show it to Edmond.
"Medicine"

After passing off the bottle, or taking it back depending.  Cell wanders over to the piles of dead Nui-Rama, specifically taking a closer look at the masks they seemed to be...wearing(?) over their eyes.

"I think I'll pass, I'm mostly intact thankfully. Thanks though." Upon finishing his ministrations, Edmond moved to follow Cell, just to see what was up. He wasn't really tired yet, what with the adrenaline from the recent battle. But he'd have to sleep soon.

The Nui-Rama's masks look very different from what Cell and the rest of the party are currently wearing.  They're rusted, pitted, and blackened in a way that looks distinctly unpleasant.

Cell looks around a bit, surely there was some kind of metal vine in this strange world.  Collecting something, he then heads back to the Nui-Rama and starts carefully prying the masks off of their eyes and stringing them through the eyeholes in the masks.  He'll collect up a few, until he's got a fairly decent amount of material, then he'll head back to the fire and see what happens if he heats one up.
Does it get pliable?  Does it melt?  Does it change somehow?  Just turn a bit red?

The masks seem unaffected by the fire.

"If you're trying to melt the infected masks, it won't work.  Not with just a campfire," Hahli shares, keeping a cautious distance from the things, "Masks are pretty tough.  You'd need the fires of the Mangai volcano to melt one, or Turaga Vakama's firestaff.  I...  They're not dangerous as long as you don't put them on, but please don't put them on.  Whoever wears an infected mask... The Makuta can steal their will, and make them work to advance his plans."

Tsubasa waved at Edmond, trying to get his attention. "Hey, you. You're a doctor, right?" She gestured at the variety of minor wounds she'd wound up with during the battle, mostly punctures courtesy of the Nui-Rama. "I'm not a fan of infections." She continued to idly scan the rest of the group. Can't tell anything about these people. I don't know how weird metal people work. Do they even have food?

The masks seemed to be unresponsive, so Edmond nodded and stepped over.

"Technically I'm a mechanic, but it seems to be all the same here. I don't even know if we can get infections the usual way." Edmond gestured for her to sit down so he could begin replacing or welding plate, and soldering electronic nerves back into place. Something was puzzling him, a statement that she'd made upon her arrival that had quickly been glossed over.

"So. . . you said that you met the Makuta?"

Cell gives Hahli a nod and thumbs up, signalling he understands her.  Then he knocks the mask out of the fire, lets it cool a while, and then hooks it through the eye like the others.

He decides it's probably best to help set back up tents and get some rest before morning.

Tsubasa made a face, insofar as she could do so, at the reminder of her current form. It was disturbingly close to a demonic transformation in her book, even if it seemed relatively benign. The swordswoman nodded at Edmond's question, though, welcoming the distraction. "He said something about being recruited to defend the multiverse, then jumped at me, so I cut his hand off."

"Well that's strange, he really didn't seem the type to do that—Jumping at someone, that is. When we met, he seemed more the kingmaker, pawn manipulator, the 'I'm inside your head' type. . . Was that everything then, just 'welcome to the party, now I'm going to try to kill you'?" But why would the Makuta even mention the multiverse, he wondered.

"Damn it." Edmond muttered, before pulling two hair thin wires out from some sort of nerve, then re-soldering them onto the opposite terminals from what that they'd initially been in.

"I don't think my arm is supposed to feel like that." It was an indescribable and not particularly pleasant sensation, what Edmond did just then, but it's not like Tsubasa was possessed of anything approaching supernatural resilience; she offered no further complaint about his attentions. "But no, he didn't just do that." Tsubasa scratched her head. "In hindsight, I don't think it was an attack. He did a lot of monologuing, then went off about my uniform, then put this mask on me." She gestured vaguely in the direction of her own face. "Something about thanking people that help him."

"No I don't suppose it should feel like that. . . sorry." He interjected, before she continued summarizing her scuffle with the Makuta

"That's more like it, I suppose." He sighed deeply. If there'd been some reason for the Makuta to immediately attack her, that would have been an exploitable weakness, something to latch onto. But this seemed more of what one would expect from the guy. "Don't tell me you cut a deal with him?"

"I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but this being is our primary foe at the moment, attempting to interfere with us helping this world."