Advice for this gym leader (SPOILERS)

Shadolance

I need some advice for Titania. My current team members consist of Metagross (yeah I went and got the Beldum early... bite me lol), Magnezone (using to change field effects), Typhlosion (for Klefki and Scizor), Ampharos, Noivern, Lapras, Tsareena. I also have a few other pokemon leveled: Bronzong, Umbreon, Vanilluxe, Alakazam, Feraligator, Claydol, Gardevoir, Flygon, and Cacturne.

I'm having the most trouble with Klefki and Aegislash. I've tried field changing but I can't reliably nuke Aegislash before it gets powered up. My main method is stalling and spamming Iron Defense with Metagross, then relying on slow whittling with Meteor Mash, but it's really slow going. I need some additional advice or pokemon recommendations. Thanks a ton everyone!

you should have use ground type or fighting type pokemon because believe it or not this field changes fire types into dragon types so yeah dont use that on klefki

instead of the field you should change the weather its annoying and it renders your focus stash or pokemon with sturdy useless

as for aegislash buff your pokemon when it gets send out because of the seed causes it to have king shield activated but my only advice is to try and predict what moves it will use sorry im just using the same strategy when i beat Titania

BTW dont use steel types her A-sandslash with slush rush and excadrill will earthquake the sh*t out of them

Good luck!! d=====( ̄▽ ̄*)b

Edited by Angelkitsune

• Global Mods

Sucker Punch is a excellent aegislash counter in my experience. Bisharp is a strong user of it that resists a lot of her stuff, and might even be able to swords dance up.

Use a Magical Seed on a mon who can learn Swords Dance and Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak. Send it out against Aegislash, get the free turn from the King's Shield due to the seed, use Swords Dance for a boost of 4 stages in attack (enhanced due to the field) then use the priority ghost/dark move on the next turn. I defeated her Aegislash with my Decidueye using the same (yeah I hacked in Swords Dance for it as it doesn't learn by level up and the TM is not in game) in one run, and in the other I swept her team using my own Aegislash (you can get one from the Mirage Tower). You don't even need to change the field if you use your own Aegislash (well I didn't do it in the Decidueye run too but that's because I'm a stubborn person who never uses field changing moves) - Leftovers removes the constant hail chip dmg, or you can use a Magical Seed like her own Aegi for a free turn. Whenever she sends out a new mon use King's Shield for a massive attack and SpA reduction on most of her moves then Swords Dance 2 times and Shadow Sneak for a clean sweep. Just don't use Shadow Sneak first turn against her Aegi as it gets a free turn due to her Seed too so use King's Shield yourself on that turn.     

Or you can remove the field then use a strong fire mon against most of her mons and use type advantages against the rest. A Houndoom with Nasty Plot destroys her whole team if you send it in with a Magical Seed for a free boosting turn (just use Dark Pulse as Fire type moves turn into Dragon anyways so not useful there), it also outspeeds Aegi and even a boosted Shadow Sneak doesn't OHKO kill it.

Thank you all for the great advice! I think I'm going to try to find a good fighting type to take, and maybe give my Cacturne a try because it knows Sucker Punch and hits like a truck.

So I'm slowly getting this fight nailed down, I can consistently take our her Sandslash in a single hit of Brick Break from Metagross, then she sends out Excadrill. I can nearly one shot it with Lapras' Surf, but I really need a water plate. Where can I get one? After that, I can take down Klefki with Bullet Punch + Meteor Mash from Metagross, no problem. When the Scizor or Empoleon comes out, everything goes to sh*t. I need a strong ground type to replace my Noivern, who is useless.

Thoughts? I could use either a strong ground TM or pokemon. What are the best options?

Plates are gotten randomly through mining.  

Or just search for a Wave Incense or Sea Incense or Splash Plate (ctrl-F) in this guide for the locations. All 3 of them have the same effect of boosting Water moves by 20%. Maybe even check your inventory as you might have the Incenses already.

For ground type Pokémon, I’m a proponent of Donphan personally.  120 atk and def on top of access to earthquake by level up makes it an underrated threat in my eyes.  If you’re not a fan though, you can always try the event diving in Azurine Lake to pick up a Mudkip and evolve it into Swampert.  Another fairly good offensive and defensive ground type with access to earthquake via level up and it also has the perks of only being threatened by grass types or freeze-dry.

@Tacos I really like that idea with the Swampert, I think I'll go with that. It learns EQ too iirc, which will help tremendously, especially if I breed one with a good speed IV. I'll give that a shot! I don't mind using any pokemon, even Donphan, but it has very low base speed to work with.

So I've been giving this a shot again all day today, this is getting a bit ridiculous -_-

Absolutely can't handle that Klefki. Oddly enough, I'm having very little trouble with the Scizor and Excadrill like a lot of people had issues with. The Klefki is just way too tanky, can't nuke it fast enough, and the Empoleon I can't reliably kill either, although I do usually get through it. My current team is:

Metagross

Aegislash

Type Null (may switch out, he's useless. Doing Flygon with Protect+EQ instead...)

Magnezone

Swampert

Infernape

I can reliably one-shot the first Sandslash with Brick Break from Metagross. Then comes Excadrill, which I can one shot with nearly anyone, but I can't outspeed it easily. While I usually don't lose anyone to it, I often have 1-2 pokes on low HP. Then comes either Empoleon or Scizor. Scizor I can kill with almost anyone on my team, save Type Null. Empoleon is rough, but if Swampert doesn't die then it can one-shot it with EQ. If not, then I'm in deep shit. Then Klefki comes out and I can't do dick against it. If I happen to make it to Aegislash, I intended to deal with it with my Aegislash since it defaults to using Shadow Sneak a lot and I can spam Night Slash instead.

I'd be happpy to swap out Type Null if anyone has a better idea. I really need a more reliable way to deal with Empoleon and a much better approach to Klefki. I've been trying to keep the terrain on Electric using Magnezone, but it's minimally helpful.

Your Magnezone should be able to beat Klefki 1v1, since Klefki can't really do much (if anything) to Magnezone. Also consider giving Magnezone an Amplifield Rock to boost the duration of Electric Terrain. Setting it up mid-battle vs Klefki should also allow Magnezone to beat Empoleon (electric moves under electric terrain should make short work of it). If Empoleon still manages to beat Magnezone, then Swampert should neatly finish it off.

Sandslash > Metagross

Excadrill > Flygon (should outspeed it)

Scizor > Infernape

Klefki > Magnezone

Empoleon > Swampert

Aegislash > Aegislash

I finally managed to beat her by writing down every single move I did and eventually got to a point where I just swapped around pokemon to one shot all of hers. Infernape was indispensible, as was Flygon. Both can outspeed her pokemon and hit absurdly hard.

I still don't understand how some people call Noivern useless. I took on Titania's Excadrill one on one with my EV trained Noivern and won that with flamethrower or I think dragon pulse because of the feild. Maybe you just need the correct team to use it in. I didn't even bother changing the terrain so I really can't understand.

As I said in my post: Ninjask (Speed Boost) with Magical Seed, Substitute, Swords Dance, Baton Pass combined with a  Krookodile (Moxie) with Magical Seed, Earthquake, Crunch.

Open fight with Sub, then SD, then Sub again. Baton Pass onto Krookodile who sweeps with EQ/Crunch. 

6 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

I typically burn the field but I don’t know if that works here. I would have Typhlosion use eruption on Aegislash at full health.

Fire type moves gain dragon typing under fairy tail field.

15 minutes ago, wcv said:

Fire type moves gain dragon typing under fairy tail field.

I don’t think you can get rid of the the field,right, I’d say Fire is still decent. It’s how I beat her.

Edited by GriffinO1

4 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

I don’t think you can get rid of the the field,right, I’d say Fire is still decent. It’s how I beat her.

Not without a direct field changing effect (i.e. Electric terrain or the like).

I personally used ground types. But spamming ground moves is kinda my go-to in general.