FE on the Forums: Scarlet Crown [IC]

rokubiraijuu

kBCdadq.png

"Didn't say what you were doing was intriguing. That's just armor care. If I wanted to see that, I would do it myself. That way at least I know I'll have good conversation, you know? No, I said you're intriguing. You're a bit of a mystery after all. Heavily armored, but using a bow. Won't say where you're from. Cute, but liable to bite someone's head off if they try and chat it seems... You're different. And that's interesting. Is that so wrong?"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhian's first response to Kerr's statement was to raise her left hand and hit him in whatever part was most convenient. It wasn't exactly playful, either; she veritably smashed her gauntleted fist into him, though the awkward angle of the hit prevented it from doing any real damage. 

FWmTNLC.png

"Don't call me cute unless you really hate your limbs staying limb-shaped." She seemed content to leave him to recover from that blow without hitting him again, at least for the moment. She'd done it impulsively, but now Rhian was hoping it'd be enough to dissuade him. She didn't particularly feel like spinning her tragic backstory out for a near-stranger at the moment.

johanna_happy_talk.png

It's the low, threatening vibration of Idriss' growl that alerts her to someone's approach, and Johanna sits up a little and looks over to see a familiar face coming her way. Resting a hand on her mount's thick neck to urge him to calm down, she greets the other with an embarrassed smile. "Oh, haha... sorry, I didn't mean to give that kind of impression."

A marked difference from the assured, confident way she had projected herself on the battlefield, Johanna's demeanor and tone is much more self-conscious. She doesn't quite meet his eyes, instead busying herself with stroking Idriss' neck, as the large red dragon hasn't stopped growling, fixing Argos with a challenging stare. Feeling the burn of a stifling silence now that he's broken the bit of sanctuary she'd carved out for herself, Johanna stuffs another piece of bread in her mouth and chews slowly, so she'd have an excuse for not saying any more.

----------

BigFutchFacep1.png

Catching sight of Ceridwen out of the corner of his eye, Futch straightens up and nods her way, indicating she's free to come over. He has a few more quick words with Sharon, the tail end of which she would catch as she drew closer. "...would say if she saw all that. I can't have you putting yourself in danger under my account anymore, understand?"

SharonFacep1.png

"Mmrrr... I know, okay."

BigFutchFacep1.png

"Okay. Then I'm not going to say it again. The sooner you can stay on task and follow orders, the sooner I can make a case for you to start riding Rulodia. Hey there, Ceridwen." With 'the talk' over for now, Futch turns to greet the other rider with a small wave. "Something I can help you with?"

Ceridwen popped a strawberry into her mouth as she walked over following Futch's nod, putting the top onto her plate as she approached the Mid-Wing Commander and his apprentice.

pauMXSv.png

"Hello Futch, uhhhh, sir, this was so much easier when the superior officer I was talking to was my mentor, I just figured I should come down and check on Sharon myself, even if I guess she looked pretty much fine earlier. I, heh, I feel a little bad because I was trying to get her one on one so nothing excessive would happen, but then our light mage, well... yeahhh..."

Michi, for their part, has collected a large plate of meat to go with their seemingly large frame, as far as can be seen through their armor. They sit down on by a rock near the middle of the group, grunting as they lift their helmet to shovel food into their mouth, the shade of the rock and their gauntlet ever-so-conveniently concealing their mouth. They've taken off the larger parts of their armor, including their pauldrons, allowing them to stretch a little.

IuuWMQz.png 

"A good meal, to go with a good victory, my friends!"

SharonFacep1.png

"You were going easy on me!" Sharon blurts out before Futch can get a word in edgewise, jabbing a finger at Ceridwen accusingly. "Futch! She wasn't taking me seriously! And you said we were supposed to take this mock battle seriously, like a real fight!"

BigFutchFacep1.png

"Uh huh. And in a 'real fight', a rider listens to his commanding officer's orders and doesn't go rushing in to prove themselves at the first sign of an enemy."

SharonFacep1.png

"Mmmrr... why do you always have to make this about what I did wrong."

BigFutchFacep1.png

Ignoring her, Futch looks back to Ceridwen with a grateful, weary smile. "Thanks for doing your best to handle that. I'd say maybe what happened would teach her something about being more careful, but... she's Milia's daughter, so she'll be fine. How was it for you? The Allied Guard's a big first assignment for a new Knight."

Ceridwen gave Sharon a very much bemused smile.

pauMXSv.png

"Eheh, well, it was a mock battle, Sharon, and you are an apprentice... and more importantly you are you so I figured something was probably up, so..."

Ceridwen trailed off and shrugged, but turned to reply to Futch then.

aBNwmMo.png

"Honestly, it was really enjoyable! I've always loved mock battles since Gareth would put so many of them on for his Wing, and the rest of the Guard is actually really capable, so it was super impressive! It's actually a little daunting, heh heh... um, though maybe it helps that a lot of the Allied Guard is, honestly, really weird so they're less intimidating. Caliss is a strange place!"

hKV0iiN.png

Argos starred back at the red drake not intimidated by him whatsoever. Though he did definitely notice the long silence between all of them. Silence like this he was all too accustom too. Maybe she knew about him and some part of him deep down just wanted to leave at this point, but he shouldn't judge too quickly.

rDMiQix.png

"Heh, well isn't he a feisty one. So, how was it like first meeting the guy? Was he even feistier as a hatchling?" The boy tried to break the silence between them and this seemed like the best way to do it.

krimdude.png

Fallon sat off to the side of the others, picking at a plate of meat with one hand and flipping through one of his heavy tomes with the other. After so long with only himself and Naomi, he wasn't much one for parties anymore. He did glance at Johanna and the familiar boy every now and then, however, and held a small smile when Idriss growled at him. He always was a protective one. Hmm. Best to save things until they're done though. he thought before returning his attention to the book.

It wasn't anything overly special, just basic information on runes that he had picked up on the way here, but if it had any chance of helping him he'd take what he could get.

Seymore sits next to the light mage-he thinks her name is Naomi-and works through his own plate, which had a mishmash of all sorts of different foods. Seymore had not even seen half of these foods until today, and thus treated the whole thing like a feast fit for kings, carefully digesting each bite with a surprising level of measure, heavily contrasting the young woman and/or girl next to him.

tazzdude.png

"Wow, y'er a fast eater, ain'cha," Seymore says, taking pause to glance at his neighbor. "But, uh, no meats? For someone a' y'er stature, it's kinda odd."

Naomi.png

"Mweat wis mwudwer" Naomi responded with her mouth full. This erupted a coughing fit, and she scrambled for her cup of water to stop herself from choking. After a long chug, and a heavy sigh she repeated herself. "Meat is murder!" She declared. "I refuse to harm cute little piggies and cows who haven't harmed anyone. Plus, greens are good for you. I've heard. And tasty!" 

SharonFacep1.png

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sharon fires back, though with a less biting tone this time. "I might be an apprentice, but it's not like I haven't fought for real before. I'm gonna be the best Knight ever, and make mom proud."

Half of this is muttered under her breath, but clearly audible enough for both Futch and Ceridwen to hear it.

BigFutchFacep1.png

"Gareth... yeah. To be honest, it's still an honor to be of his rank now. He still feels like a superior, but I guess that's true for anyone who's met him." Futch huffs with laughter at her next comment. "The world is a strange place, definitely..." He trails off for a moment, looking out past her head as though to some other place and time. It's not secret knowledge that Futch is an anomaly among the Dragon Knights -- though he'd been gone and back before Ceridwen had even started her apprenticeship, he is still known throughout the Hold as one of the inestimably small handful who have come back after being exiled. "And let me tell you: once you've seen it, it's the Hold that feels strange."

----------

johanna_happy_talk.png

A smile softens the edges of the nervousness rather evident on Johanna's face at that, and she brushes the backs of her fingers thoughtlessly over Idriss' throat, feeling the rumble of his aggression travel through her hand. "He was... believe it or not. First gift he left me with." She holds out her other arm for Argos to see the old puncture scar of at the base of her palm, dangerously close to her wrist. At it, Idriss stops growling momentarily to huff -- a loud, rough sound from his snout, before rustling his wings: the dragon's equivalent of an eye roll. 

johanna_talk_smile.png

"You're Goyan, right?" she asks, knowing it from his clothing and accent, and of course what she had seen on file of each of the soldiers. It's always been hard for her to talk to and connect with the people there... for one, she had never come from the village, and so lacked that first point of crucial connection that seemed to bind together riders who had been born there. And knowing that him being here without a dragon of his own meant that he was one of the many who had been disappointed year after year. She never knows how to handle that. "You're, um, a pretty good fighter."

Kerr raised an eyebrow as he was punched, rubbing the spot with a mock indignant look on his face.

kBCdadq.png

"Fair enough. I suppose I will refrain from that truth if you object to it so strongly. However, the rest still stands. I want to get to know more about you. Especially if we're going to be working as a squad for a while, it can't hurt. And you didn't deny the fact that you're interesting, so lets go with that."

FWmTNLC.png

"You're reeeally pushing it, huh." She suppressed the exasperated sigh that rose up in response, and picked her tools back up. "Liked it better when we just talked about fighting," she muttered under her breath as she set to work once again. "Besides, I explained everything to you already, didn't I? Easier to focus and shoot things when you have armor to soak a hit for you, and all. What else do you even need to know?"

KfOgHsi.png

"No kidding, huh." Argos could help but chuckle seeing the Idriss' response. His eyes then lit up, almost sparkling with the next thing she said.

rDMiQix.png

"Y-you really think so...?" He face then turns realizing he just said that out loud.

53CBllu.png

"...Erm, uhhh, a-heh heh heh, ahem I mean,"

0Z0o3D3.png

"Of course I, Argos von Bodin THE INVOKER OF MAYHEM, would be a great fighter! Believe it or not I mostly taught myself how to fight. I mean my father taught me the basics but nothing much more than that seeing as he's been fighting with his wyvern all his life. So you're looking at the one-of-a-kind Mayhem Sword Style! I'm actually hoping that me fighting here will help prove myself to the people back at the Stronghold so they'll finally let me become a Dragon Knight" He smile weakened after saying that and he proceeded to fill his mouth with veggies to hide it.

The red-headed yet green Dragon Knight smiled warmly at Futch's comments about her mentor.

pauMXSv.png

"Yeah, Gareth is pretty wonderful, isn't he?"

Ceridwen was very much fond of Gareth -- not a surprise that she would be, considering how much he had been there for her, but she felt like he was even more important to her than most mentors were to their mentees. She remembered, too, a time when she was really little and some people didn't have such nice opinions of him. When they'd whisper things or would suggest that bad things were likely to happen to her, when she was right in earshot too. That hadn't been too nice... and it made Ceridwen very happy to know he was respected now.

Ceridwen noticed that her expression had slowly become just a tad melancholy, so she searched for a topic to change to... she almost wanted to ask Futch more about what seeing the world had been like... but, well, she didn't want to stab into the old wounds that the circumstances behind it had left. So instead...

aBNwmMo.png

"Um... if it's not too much, do you have any advice for someone new to the rest of the world...? It really is all a lot to take in..."

chris_4_t.png

Kris wandered around looking for something to do she wasn't too hungry given she ate something earlier and that she also wasn't a big eater, to begin with anyway. Looking around her eyes eventually fell on the older man who had the tome that went "Bw hahahahahaha" everytime the man attacked sitting to the side of everyone flipping through a book.  Figuring that she should at least talk to other of the guard other then Argos and Dulcibella she walked over towards the man. Though depending on how aware the man was he might not even notice Kris approach him given her normally quite footsteps which would be even quieter on the grass of the meadow. Once she got close (unless Fallon stopped her before she got close enough) she leans over the man's shoulder (she hasn't learned his name yet) and speaks.

Kris_surprise_t.png

"What cha ya reading?"

krimdude.png

Engrossed in his book, Fallon didn't even notice Kris' approach until she spoke.

Kris_surprise_t.png

"What cha ya reading?"

krimdude.png

"..huh?" he asked in surprise with his eye narrowing as he turned around. "Oh. Another of the guard. Who were you again?" he said while he tried to figure out how she had gotten so closeNot coming up with anything, he sighed at the thought that he was getting too old to always be on guard. "In any case, this is just something I picked up on rune application from a few towns over. Quite interesting, although it's not like I have rune pieces to test anything with. Not yet, anyways" he said distractedly. "You're welcome to borrow it if you'd like."

Huh..._t.png

Kris smiled at the man's reaction she always liked being able to sneak up on people. She then moved around still being quiet with her steps to the front so she didn't have to talk from behind. 

chris_4_t.png

"I'm Kris, and you're the guy with the tome that kept going Bw hahaha. Whats your name?"  Kris said as she sat down with a small twirl "And maybe. Though if I need to use something that uses runes they will usually tell me how to use them. If I can find a rather friendly one anyway." 

IuuWMQz.png 

"Meat is murder, you say?"

Michi's large presence makes itself known as they sit next to Seymore, still clanking about in their armor. Their heaping pile of half-finished meat tells all where Michi lies on this debate, and their puzzled, bemused tone tells all what they think of Naomi's argument.

Naomi.png

"Yes I do say, and I'll repeat it! Meat is murder." Naomi states, and then chomps on another piece of lettuce. "Although I don't judge you. It's not my place to do so, the souls of thousands of little piggies and cute cows will judge you when the time comes." 

Naomi.png

"Having been born in and later destroyed a farm myself, I can disagree with you and tell you that piggies and cows are just as cute upclose as they are far away. The smell isn't that bad once you get used to it." Naomi cupped her hands under her chin inching closer to Michi. "So are you a person under that armor? Why don't you take it off, that looks like... Mega uncomfortable." 

kBCdadq.png

"Your reasoning for fighting the way you do isn't overly interesting. The fact that not many people fight the way you do is what makes it interesting. And there's plenty more about you that's interesting. Where you're from, what you like, what you dislike, all of that. You're a person, not just a warrior after all."

BigFutchFacep1.png

"...Keep an open mind," Futch replies after a moment of thought. "As soon as you think you've seen it all, something or someone will surprise you. As long as you're of the mind that there's always something you can learn from whatever's in front of you, rather than thinking you know best, you should be fine."

He laughs softly, giving Bright a fond scratch on the bottom of his chin. "Got to admit, it feels strange to be the one giving advice all of a sudden. As for it being overwhelming... there's not much I can help you with that. It's going to be a lot to take in no matter what, I think. Just have to go with it. At least you're not alone. Do you trust your allies? The rest of the Guard?"

----------

Oh, so he was that kind of person...

"Oh, hehe..." Johanna's somewhat nervous laughter falls flat at her feet, and she quickly redirects the conversation to something he'd said that'd piqued her interest rather than dwell on the depressing fact that, if he hadn't formed a bond with a dragon by now, there was very little chance of him having a shot at the Knighthood even if something extraordinary should happen.

johanna_talk_smile.png

"So your father was a Dragon Knight?" She can't remember if that had been in the files. That would explain his eagerness to be one himself, and his disappointment at not being chosen. It was always especially heartbreaking when someone wasn't able to carry on their parents' vocation like that, she thought. She couldn't imagine how she'd feel if Idriss hadn't hatched for her. Would her father even see her as a worthy daughter if she weren't a Knight?