FE on the Forums: Scarlet Crown [IC]

rokubiraijuu

B9AtEfd.png

"F-flirting!?!? N-no you've got the wrong idea here! Especially on the battlefield, I would never waste time with such impure motives!" The boy cheeks were glowing red and he was shaking his head and hands side-to-side in denial. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chris_4_t.png

"Ooh really," Kris said with a teasing smile, "If you weren't flirting then why are you blushing? What sort of thoughts of Rhian were you thinking? Are you saying flirting with Rhian would be a waste of time?" Kris continued rapidly firing the questions while staring directly at Argos.

FWmTNLC.png

"Yes, it would, now pay attention to the damned battlefield. Unless you think teasing this idiot is more important than saving the village." Rhian's spoke through half-gritted teeth; Kris tested her patience off the battlefield, and she didn't have the spare energy to restrain herself now.

mpufIcF.png

Argos tries to regain his composure. Kris is just trying to mess with him but the IVOKER OF MAYHEM will not go down so easily. He needs to stand up not only for himself but also for Rhian! The lad stands straightens up and speaks with vigor and assertiveness,  "L-look, I just complimented Rhian because I think she's super cool and awesome and amazing, unlike a certain someone here. While I wouldn't call that flirting, I think Rhian is a good person and will make whoever she ends up with a very happy person in the future. So you can take your little smile and go somewhere else. Don't make me add splinters to the new holes you'll acquire."

Kris_surprise_t.png

Kris tilts her head to the side all she was doing was trying to be friendly and now they were just being rude "You should be more confident in yourself. Just because there are a lot of...what was it...cool people around you it doesn't mean you shouldn't include yourself with them. But if you all don't want me around I'll poof and here I was going to let you know if she talks about you all cute like while she sleeps." Kris said as she smiled and skipped away from the other two.

FWmTNLC.png

"That's not funny, and I'm not joking when I say I'm going to physically hurt you if I catch you watching me while I sleep." She wanted both of them to just shut the hell up; even if Argos was just trying to be nice, his insistence on this was grinding at her and she'd already made it crystal clear that this wasn't something she wanted. 

DQSIRFd.png

Argos grew a big smile as he thwarted off Kris and her wicked attempts to disrupt them. However,

EiD3Rnw.png

turning back he noticed that  his attempts to compliment Rhian only led to her looking and feeling more angry. So I guess that's another failure on his list. He looked away silently, trying not to say anything more to stop himself from making things worse. He shouldn't have opened his big mouth, then maybe things would've been better. It's moments like these that he knew that no one could "talk about him all cute like." Why would anyone do that for someone like him?

The former Imperial knights ignored the steel and scale of the opponents at their backs to continue their increasingly openly desperate assault upon the village... and as Ceridwen watched, one of the defenders of the village (just a boy) was brought to the point of barely standing upon his feet, his shoulder cleft deeply. Worse, despite how hard Ceridwen had tried, the defender she'd attempted to safe was felled outright by an axe blow, falling to the ground, presumably perished.

OCwfUJK.png

"No! Damn it, why couldn't you just focus on-- why did you have to go after-- damn you! Damn it!"

Ceridwen had failed, but she just flew at the remaining knight with a shout, interposing herself directly between him and the heavily wounded defender.

OCwfUJK.png

"Jo-- Johanna, please aid me! I... I don't want to let another die!"

C10, attack Knight 8.

From the trees, a single blast of dark magic sails forth, biting through the knight's armor and incapacitating him instantly.

Spoiler

(Fallon is affected by charisma!)
(Fallon has a commander's intuition!)
(Fallon will attack twice!)
(Knight 7 is armoured!)

Fallon:
Attack: 12
Hit: 100%
Crit: 9%

Knight 7:
Attack: --
Hit: --
Crit: --

Fallon's attack, autohit!

Knight 7 is defeated with 12 damage!

(Anthropomancy activates!)

Spurred by her anger, Ceridwen's lance deals a modest blow to the knight's armor. He tries to retaliate, but once again the axe glances off Ynddi's scales harmlessly.

Spoiler

(Ceridwen is protected by dragon scales!)
(Knight 8 has the advantage!)

(Knight 8 is armoured!)
(Knight 8 is in trees!)

Ceridwen:
Attack: 3
Hit: 68%
Crit: 8%

Knight 8:
Attack: 0
Hit: 88%
Crit: 0%

Ceridwen's attack, 67, hit!
Knight 8's counterattack, 77, hit!

Knight 8 takes 3 damage!
Ceridwen takes 0 damage!

johanna_talk_smile.png

"Ceridwen!" Did she forget all I just said? Frustration set aside in favor of action, she moves to follow up her fellow knight's strike with one of her own before the enemy can react.

B9 and attack Knight 8.

Unfortunately, the knight reacts to the swoop of Idriss' heavy wings and manages to duck behind a tree to avoid the axe's first swing. His own retaliation also swings wide, however, and Johanna punishes him for his miss with a blow that heavily damages much of his armor.

Spoiler

(Johanna is right behind her allies!)
(Johanna will attack twice!)
(Knight 8 is in trees!)
(Knight 8 is armoured!)

Johanna:
Attack: 7
Hit: 73%
Crit: 3%

Knight 8:
Attack: 8
Hit: 64%

Johanna's attack, 88, miss!
Knight 8's attack, 90, miss!
Johanna's atack, 44, hit!

Knight 8 takes 7 damage!

[ ENEMY PHASE ]

Knight 8 attacks Johanna.

In a last ditch effort, the knight lashes back out. Not expecting such a desperate move, Johanna takes a heavy blow that nearly knocks her off Idriss' back. The angle makes her miss her first strike, but she recovers quickly despite the pain and the second swing of her axe connects, felling her attacker.

Spoiler

(Knight 8 is in trees!)
(Knight 8 is armoured!)
(Johanna will attack twice!)

Knight 8:
Hit: 64%

Johanna:
Hit: 73%

Knight 8's attack, 29, hit!
Johanna's counterattack, 91, miss!
Johanna's counterattack, 36, hit!

Knight 8 is defeated with 7 damage!

FlynnFace.png

These dragon knights were women. Women had liberated the Warrior's Village. Somehow, that was even worse than just being killed -- at least that wasn't the kind of fate that brought shame. What kind of a man was he...? Flynn could feel his ears burning. Pointedly ignoring Ceridwen and Johanna, he staggers to his feet and turns around to his brother. "Fless, hey-- h-how are you holding up?" Even if he hadn't actually fought, he knew his brother was kind of... well, he had a soul about as soft as a feather sometimes.

FlessellesFace.png

And just like that, the battle is... over. The groans and yells, the crashing and scraping of metal: gone. He stands in the middle of it all, clutching the hit of his sword that he didn't really get to use. To his relief. Not that he'd admit that. Then in the darkness, a figure jogs up to him and says his name. "Huh?" He looks from his brother back to his sword. "Uh, I'm okay." Fumbling a little, he sheathes the blade, frowning. Would it ever see use, if he hated whenever he had to draw it? 

Then he remembers that others had been fighting. Dragons! He looks up towards the bulky reptilian shapes some paces away, at the pale-haired woman pulling her hand away from the newly-received gnarled gash on her leg to examine how badly it was bleeding. "Who... are they?"

FlynnFace.png

"They're... dragon knights, I guess," Flynn replies, casting a very brief look over his shoulder again. "They're with the rest of them--" He points to the shadowy figures in the trees.

FlessellesFace.png

"Dragon Knights...?" His eyes slowly light up in recognition. "Like... th-the ones in the mountains?? In the stories?" He turns around to follow Flynn's gesture. A militia? Where did they come from? No one else lived in the woods around the village...

johanna_talk_smile.png

"Excuse me." Heavy steps and the sound of softly jangling armor make him spin around on his heels again, then immediately tilt his head back to find the pale-haired woman sitting atop the most massive beast he's ever seen, deep scarlet scales like plates of steel on its body and a ridged, horned brow giving it a threatening appearance.

She looks down with stern, but kind, concern at the two young men from Idriss' back. "Are you men of the Warriors Village?"

FlynnFace.png

Straightening up as tall as he could -- which really wasn't all that tall compared to the massive scaled beast resting before him -- Flynn nods. "We are." There's an edge to his voice that lifts it to the unspoken question of 'so what of it?' "You're dragon knights, aren't you? Kinda far away from home, huh?"

FlessellesFace.png

"Uh, Flynn--..."

johanna_talk_smile.png

Johanna is briefly taken aback by his tone, considering they had just helped them. But she recovers quickly. "We are the Allied Guard, under joint command of Captain Joshua Levenheit of the Dragon Knights and President Kirov." The Warriors Village is far removed, but... even they should know about this. "We're searching for the prisoners who escaped from Soniere some days ago. Those were the men that attacked you."

FlessellesFace.png

"Escaped prisoners...? Flynn, shouldn't we h--"

FlynnFace.png

"We've got our own men to deal with Fless," he replies, cutting him off before the other boy can finish. "We should tend to our own wounded before running off any helping anybody else." Looking back at at Johanna, he adds (in an only slightly more respectful tone than before): "We don't know anything about those men other than that they attacked us. We don't exactly associate with outsiders." Like you. "C'mon Fless, we should get going..."

------

"Sir!" A man comes running up the path, looking harried and sweating. "There's reinforcements! I'm not sure where they came from, sir, but they're defending the village! Two soldiers riding giant lizard beasts, and other men coming from the east!"

KibaFacech1.png

"..."

"Sir? What should we do? Should we abandon the village?"

KibaFacech1.png

"What of the others?"

"They... they're dead, sir. Most of them."

KibaFacech1.png

Kiba is silent for a moment, then turns to the remainder of those who'd followed him. "We left that prison so that we could find honor again. Those of you who can find it past today are free to go." He turns back to the frazzled messenger. "That goes for you too. There's nothing left for any of you here."

A tense second passes, and then the messenger bows solemnly to the General and sprints for the northern tree line, disappearing out of sight. Kiba waits for several more moments, but no more footsteps can be heard joining him. 

"We will not retreat this time?" one of the mages beside him asks softly, firmly.

KibaFacech1.png

Staring forward, Kiba frowns. "No, not this time... Rhongomiante and I will stay here and answer whatever comes up this path. I have said my piece."

All hold.

jNYISm0.jpg

Turn 8

Argos recovers 2 HP.

Anthropomancy wanes slightly.

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Enemies: Health, Weapons
Fighter 1 (25/25) Iron Axe (45/45) Droppable
Fighter 2 : (25/25) Iron Axe (45/45)
Fighter 3 : (25/25) Iron Axe (45/45)
Archer 1 : (3/22) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 2 : (3/22) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 3 : (1/22) Iron Bow (45/45)
Archer 4 : (8/22) Iron Bow (45/45)
Mercenary 1 : (23/23) Iron Sword (45/45)
Mercenary 2 : (3/23) Iron Sword (45/45)
Mercenary 3 : (11/23) Iron Sword (45/45)

Mage 1: (9/23) Fire (40/40)

Mage 2: (8/23) Fire (40/40)

Mage 3: (8/23) Fire (40/40)

Mage 4: (23/23) Gale (40/40) Vulnerary (3/3) Droppable

Mage 5: (23/23) Gale (40/40)

Soldier 1 : (3/24) Iron Lance (45/45), Vulnerary (3/3) Droppable
Soldier 2 : (14/24) Iron Lance (45/45)
Soldier 3 : (9/24) Iron Lance (45/45)
Soldier 4 : (9/24) Iron Lance (45/45)
Knight 1 : (4/24) Iron Javelin (45/45)
Knight 2 : (24/24) Iron Javelin (45/45)
Knight 3 : (14/24) Iron Javelin (45/45)
Knight 4 : (24/24) Iron Javelin (45/45)

Knight 5 : (6/24) Iron Axe (45/45)

Knight 6 : (2/24) Iron Axe (45/45)

Knight 7 : (12/24) Iron Axe (45/45)

Knight 8 : (2/24) Iron Axe (45/45)

Cleric 1 : (18/18) Heal (30/30)

Cleric 2 : (18/18) Heal (30/30)
Kiba Windamier : (30/30) Rhongomiante (30/30), Flux (40/40) Droppable

Players: Location, Health, Weapons (link to sheets)
Argos (K8) : (6/25) Wooden Sword (32/50)E, Vulnerary (3/3)
Kerr (I12) : (23/23) Slim Lance (24/35)E, Iron Lance (44/45)
Kris (L8) : (20/20) Iron Knife (34/45)E, Vulnerary (1/3), Vulnerary (3/3)
Seymore (J7) : (20/27) Hatchet (21/35)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Naomi (J8) : (18/21) Lightning (25/40)E, Vulnerary (3/3)
Michi (I8) : (21/22) Fire (26/40)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Ceridwen (C10) : (23/24) Slim Lance (21/35)E, Vulnerary (2/3), Vulnerary (3/3)
Fallon (E10) : (21/21) Worm (25/40)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Dulcibella (I9) : (15/20) Training Bow (34/40)E
Rhian (K9) : (5/25) Wooden Greatbow (29/40)E, Vulnerary (3/3)
Verden (G11) : (18/18) Heal (15/30)E, Vulnerary (3/3)

Johanna (B9) : (14/24) Iron Axe (14/45)E, Hatchet (35/35), Vulnerary (2/3)

NPCs: Location, Health, Weapons
Warriors Village 1 : (1/21) Iron Sword (45/45)

Warriors Village 2 : (1/21) Iron Sword (45/45)

Warriors Village 3 : (21/21) Iron Sword (45/45)

Warriors Village 4 : (21/21) Iron Sword (45/45)

Flynn : (1/21) Iron Sword (45/45)

Flesselles : (21/21) Iron Sword (45/45)

EXP Tracker: 69/100

Gold Scavenged: 300

FWmTNLC.png

"'Ooh, the storied dragon knights, here to save us!?' Pah." Rhian grumbled under her breath at overhearing the conversation further ahead. "Don't need to be a dragon knight to fight just as hard as one." She continued to trudge up through the trees, trying to distance herself from Kris's harassment and the awkwardness of Argos's reaction. Whatever. He's just a kid, he needs to grow up and not get all sad because I didn't want his stupid compliment. She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts.

H9

Ceridwen remained silent during Johanna’s conversation with the warriors of the warrior’s village. Part of that was the way that the man she’d worked to save didn’t seem to be very happy about it, and the way they were being treated... but truth be told, that was only a small part of it.

The larger thing driving Ceridwen’s silence was the way she kept getting distracted. At first it was the twisted, torn cut that ran up Johanna’s leg and spilled her blood onto her dragon that Ceridwen found herself staring at instead of mostly listening to the conversation; bits about Dragon Knights and the Allied Guard and the escaped prisoners reached her ears, piecemeal, but she wasn’t listening to the whole thing.

Then, as the man of the Warrior’s Village mentioned that they had to take care of their own wounded, her gaze moved, downturned... and focused on the two corpses on the ground, the victims of the former-imperial assault... particularly the one that she had seen die during the combat.
MPdroNU.png

chris_4_t.png

Kris sighed at losing her bit of fun as she moved away from Argos and Rhian and moved into the trees readying to flank the rest of the enemies after all its unlikely that anyone else in the group would be willing to attack healers.

moves to K5 and hold

EiD3Rnw.png

In his gloom Argos started to now notice how much pain those fire balls actually caused him. In an effort to try and ease it he starting rubbing some ointment on it. As the did that he slowly drifted his way around the trees, not really noticing that he's going father away from the main foe than closer. A soft sigh can barely be heard from his direction to anyone close.

Argos to H10 Vul Self

That wasn't the reception she was expecting, necessarily, but a moment's thought reveals that there's little reason to be surprised. Father had often warned that few people in the world, going about their daily lives, are eager to get involved in anything dangerous, even if that danger included being saved by someone else. If your goal as a Knight is to become a hero, you'd better get rid of that idea now. People only react like that in storybooks.

As the two young men walk off to examine their fallen and tend to injuries, Johanna rearranges herself on Idriss' back to compensate for the new injury as she pulls a vulnerary from her pack. The leader of these prisoners is still further ahead somewhere, so she can't let herself rest easy on any laurels.

johanna_talk_smile.png

"Ceridwen."

The other Knight looks dazed, her eyes fixed on the corpses but her gaze far away. "Ceridwen!" Once she's gotten her attention again, she speaks more quietly. "Don't get distracted. We still have work to do, and I don't want to add any of us to the body count."

Move to F8 and Vuln.

Seymore to H8 and Vuln.

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Argos (H10) : (16/25) Wooden Sword (32/50)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Kerr (G8) : (23/23) Slim Lance (24/35)E, Iron Lance (44/45)
Kris (K5) : (20/20) Iron Knife (34/45)E, Vulnerary (1/3), Vulnerary (3/3)
Seymore (H8) : (27/27) Hatchet (21/35)E, Vulnerary (1/3)
Naomi (J5) : (18/21) Lightning (25/40)E, Vulnerary (3/3)
Michi (I8) : (21/22) Fire (26/40)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Ceridwen (C10) : (23/24) Slim Lance (21/35)E, Vulnerary (2/3), Vulnerary (3/3)
Fallon (E10) : (21/21) Worm (25/40)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Dulcibella (I9) : (15/20) Training Bow (34/40)E
Rhian (H9) : (5/25) Wooden Greatbow (29/40)E, Vulnerary (3/3)
Verden (G11) : (18/18) Heal (15/30)E, Vulnerary (3/3)

Johanna (F8) : (24/24) Iron Axe (14/45)E, Hatchet (35/35), Vulnerary (1/3)

EXP Tracker: 69/100

Verden to G10, Heal Argos.

[ ENEMY PHASE ]

"They're here, General."

KibaFacech1.png

"Then we move forward. Dying here with our dignity intact is a better ending than what we had before."

"Yes. Anything is better than rotting in a cell for people like us."

Knight 4 to E7 and attack Dulcibella.

Walking forward, he throws a spear at Dulcibella, who takes a moderate blow. She tries to retaliate, but her arrows ping harmlessly off the knight's armor.

Spoiler

(Knight 4 is armoured!)
(Dulcibella is affected by charisma!)
(Dulcibella is feeling exuberant!)
(Dulcibella is naive!)
(Dulcibella will attack twice!)

Knight 4:
Hit: 52%

Dulcibella:
Attack: 0
Hit: 100%
Crit: 10%

Knight 4's attack, 41, hit!
Dulcibella's counterattack, autohit!
Dulcibella's counterattack, autohit!

Dulcibella takes 7 damage!
Knight 4 takes 0 damage!

Mage 5 to E6 and attack Ceridwen.

Taking cover behind the knight, the first mage approaches and strikes at the Dragon Knight with wind magic, heavily wounding her.

Spoiler

(Mage 5 will attack twice!)

Mage 5:
Hit: 90%
Crit: 4%

Ceridwen:

Mage 5's attack, 60, hit!
Mage 5's attack, 83, hit!

Ceridwen takes 16 damage!

Kiba to F7 and attack Ceridwen.

A well-aimed javelin blow knocks Ceridwen off Ynddi's back, knocking her unconscious.

Spoiler

Kiba:
Hit: 70%

Ceridwen:

Kiba's attack, 2, hit!

Ceridwen is downed with 8 damage!

johanna_talk_smile.png

"Ceridwen!" Damn it...!

Mage 4 to F6 and attack Johanna.

A second blast of wind slices at Johanna, who throws an arm up in front of her face against the gale.

Spoiler

(Johanna is affected by charisma!)

Mage 4:
Attack: 10
Hit: 71%

Johanna:

Mage 4's attack, 66, hit!

Johanna takes 10 damage!

Cleric 1 to E3.

Cleric 2 to D4.

johanna_talk_smile.png

"Guards, this is our opening! Strike now with all you have!"

HmVlm8e.jpg

Turn 9

Anthropomancy wanes further.

Cheat Sheet:

Spoiler

Argos (H10) : (25/25) Wooden Sword (32/50)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Kerr (G8) : (23/23) Slim Lance (24/35)E, Iron Lance (44/45)
Kris (K5) : (20/20) Iron Knife (34/45)E, Vulnerary (1/3), Vulnerary (3/3)
Seymore (H8) : (27/27) Hatchet (21/35)E, Vulnerary (1/3)
Naomi (J5) : (18/21) Lightning (25/40)E, Vulnerary (3/3)
Michi (G9) : (21/22) Fire (26/40)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Ceridwen (E8) : (0/24) Slim Lance (21/35)E, Vulnerary (1/3), Vulnerary (3/3) Downed 3/3
Fallon (F10) : (21/21) Worm (25/40)E, Vulnerary (2/3)
Dulcibella (E9) : (13/20) Training Bow (32/40)E
Rhian (H9) : (5/25) Wooden Greatbow (29/40)E, Vulnerary (3/3)
Verden (G10) : (18/18) Heal (14/30)E, Vulnerary (3/3)

Johanna (F8) : (14/24) Iron Axe (14/45)E, Hatchet (35/35), Vulnerary (1/3)

EXP Tracker: 75/100

chris_4_t.png

"Oh, that's annoying you're supposed to come closer to me," Kris mumbled as the healers walked further away from her "Guess I will take someone else's jingly stuff." She said as she narrowed her eye onto the closest mage to her and rushed through the tree and throw her knife and hook combo at said mage.

Kris moves to G5 and attempts to pilfer the mage 4 pockets...and stab them as while. I guess she should do something useful too.