Back to Basics IV: Pick Your Poison (Game over - Victory to the Workers!)

Roswell

Sorry, I was busy today.

Congrats to the Assassin for both existing and being useful. As for Lykos' death, my theory is that the mafs tried to get rid of a player who could be a "pseudo-Trusted", beyond his actual abilities or lack thereof, since Lykos is very good at appealing to others' emotions and convincing them of his innocence.

Or they simply chose to get rid of a veteran player who has proven himself to be good on several occasions. Whichever.

I'm placing a slight townlean on Lía for now. I like the general vibes of her posts from last day phase. Slight townlean as well on Nicki because she makes a good point (precisely about Lía).

@andracass is there any reason for you to have been asking Bean's opinion twice (other than the overall peculiar nature of his posts), rather than anyone else's?

Other than that, I'm slightly wary of players who just posted once today to state facts, but didn't add any constructive idea, opinion, question or analysis to their post. Namely Jace, Amber and Seal.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 Mid-Day Vote/Post Count - 24 Hours Remaining

~~

Votes:
Psychic Sheep: 1 (Andracass)

~~

Post totals:
5: @andracass
2: @Psychic Sheep
1: @Alistair, @DigitalAmber, @Jace Stormkirk, @L'Belle, @purplecicada, @Seal, @Walpurgis
0: @Caimie, @Jason Grace

~~

Don't forget that a minimum of 2 posts and a vote is required, so be sure to speak up! Only Andracass has met the requirements thus far (GJ, Andracass 🙂 )

well before i forget to post before i go to work i will do this now. 

@Alistairthe reason i have so few post is that these last few days work decided that i should get off several hours later than i am scheduled and have gotten home very tired. but i do have the next couple of days off so i will be more involved (unless i get killed that is)

[eliminate]-seal

I don't like this seal bandwagon so I'll keep an eye on those who are voting him in case he flips town. I guess it's good to get rid of the players that are more inactive/harder to read due to the lack of posts, anyways, but I really don't understand this bandwagon.

I find strange how Cass kind of started this but hasn't voted yet so 
[Eliminate] Andracass

It's hardly a bandwagon when a grand total of 2 players voted for Seal as of this post.

Anyways in my case it's mostly a vague feeling, I expect there will be more material to analyze each player's attitude as the game progresses. Andracass is also someone I could vote for atm due to her impeccable poker face, which isn't particularly reassuring, but I think she'll be interesting to keep with us for a bit longer.

• Veterans

oof.

So, basically, in the last Basics game, I suggested killing off Jason Grace to make it look like an attempted mafia frame that I then used to gain a bit of credibility.

Bean's also been doing random votes, too, so I'm not sure why my vote (should it have been random) makes me more suspicious.

Oof my lack of posting is because i suddenly got calls to work sorry!! I haven't played many mafia games yet and when i started i thought it would be like town of salem but i guess my scumreading tactics dont work in this kind of game at all rip. Kind of stating the obvious but i think it's clear that there is no cop/detective (i forgot the official role name)

Night Two

After a day of discussion, where several members of the group declared themselves unwilling or unable to sentence another member to death, only two members of the group got more than a single vote, getting two votes apiece.

With a tied vote, and with no member of the group willing to change their vote, a duel was decided upon between the two suspects, a Ms. Cass and a Mr. Seal, in order to have a fair means of breaking the tie.

Guns in hand, with Mr. Alistair officiating, the two walked ten paces away from one another, before turning to fire.

And with two shots, it was over...

The body of Mr. Seal still on the factory floor. Whilst he had shot first, his aim had been off, and his shot missed Ms. Cass entirely, while her slower, more thought out shot had hit Mr. Seal straight in the heart and killed him instantly.

Now very clearly reminded of their own mortality, and with the sun beginning to set, the group broke away for the second night, in a factory that was beginning to feel like a prison...

~~

Seal has died! They were a Labourer (Vanilla Townie)!

Vote Count:

Seal: 2 (Alistair, Jace Stormkirk)

Andracass: 2 (Walpurgis, L'Belle)

Psychic Sheep: 1 (Andracass)
Jace Stormkirk: 1 (Psychic Sheep)

Tied vote between Seal and Andracass decided via RNG - Andracass survives, Seal dies

~~

7: Andracass 
6: Psychic Sheep 
3: Alistair, DigitalAmber, Walpurgis
2: Jace Stormkirk, L'Belle, Seal  
1: Caimie, Purplecicada 
0: Jason Grace

~~

Night Two ends at 12:00am August 5th BST (~24 hours from now)

In addition, warnings for @Jason Grace, @Caimie and @purplecicada for failure to reach post requirement, as well as @DigitalAmber for failure to vote. (I don't think these failures were intentional, but just to make sure you keep up in the following phases :3 )

Players (10/13 alive):

1. L'Belle
2. Walpurgis
3. Psychic Sheep 
4. Purplecicada
5. DigitalAmber
6. Jason Grace
7. Alistair
8. Alaris (Dead - Noble)
9. LykosHand (Dead - Labourer)
10. Caimie
11. Seal (Dead - Labourer)
12. Jace Stormkirk

13. Andracass

Day Two

The new day started earlier than usual, most of the workers high-strung after the duel the previous day and unable to sleep, expecting another dead body when they woke up the next morning.

This proved to be a correct assumption, as the body of Mr. Stormkirk lay on the factory floor, with no clear cause of death.

Upon checking the body for any clues as to their affiliation, a letter was discovered amongst their possesions, which seemed to give similar instructions to Mr. Stormkirk as had been given to Mr. Alaris, thus, the group concluded that Mr. Stormkirk was another of the Noble agents.

Having not seen one of the Workers dead, which they expected, given the circumstances, another meeting was called. However, to the surprise of everyone, the only person to have died during the night was a Noble agent. Perhaps someone else had stepped in to prevent the murder?

Regardless, if the information the group had obtained from the Nobles' instructions was correct, only one agent was remaining. Perhaps their schemes would be ended earlier than expected?

~~

Jace Stormkirk has died! He was a Noble (Mafia Goon)!

~~

Day Two ends at 12:00am August 7th BST (~48 hours from now). Remember, 2 posts and a vote are required, with a few people in danger of needing subbed/modkilled.

Players (9/13 alive):

1. L'Belle
2. Walpurgis
3. Psychic Sheep 
4. Purplecicada
5. DigitalAmber
6. Jason Grace
7. Alistair
8. Alaris (Dead - Noble)
9. LykosHand (Dead - Labourer)
10. Caimie
11. Seal (Dead - Labourer)