Back to Basics III: Hope Plus One (Game, Set, and Match)

Filthy Casual

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not realize that would put 3 players tied for the lynch lead

Lykos (1) (Bean)

Bean (3) (Venus, ZP, Knightly)

L'Belle (1) (Dive)

Dive (2) (L'Belle, andracass) 

I think this is correct. I am probably going to unvote bean soon

• Global Mods

owo I forgot about this game. I'm terribly sorry. I guess this means I might have to triple post to get my required post count as it appears there isn't all that long left in the day phase. 🤦‍♀️

• Global Mods

So, from my understanding, we're voting off Bean or Dive... and a tie means we'll eliminate both?

Well, to be honest, I don't see any harm in lynching Bean as I can never actually read him properly (and he speaks in riddles imo). I wouldn't just avoid lynching him because he's bean

Honestly, I'm kinda neutral with Dive but leaning more towards town. At the moment, he hasn't really shown scum!Dive behaviour so this is why I'm townleaning him. In regards to Michel, I'm not quite sure what to make of him at the moment. Could be either.

I guess I'll just do this because I don't feel like analysing everyone's posts right now.

[eliminate] Bean.

Dive does tend to be quite aggressive in scumhunting the first days, so I wouldn't call that very suspicious, it's just how he plays.

However, Belle's statement gives me the opposite feel, because i think Belle was just frustrated that Dive found his explanation scummy.

Nicki piling a fourth vote on top of bean with little reason makes me suspicious. If you really didn't know who to vote, vote for someone else that won't be lynched, because there are already enough votes on others for this day not to end in a tie.

The "lynching bean does no harm" is also suspicious. I believe you yourself said recently in another game that every townie matters, and we have little reason to believe anyone is either town or maf. 

Tldr, I don't think town Nicki would vote Bean with just the reason "it wouldn't hurt"

[Eliminate] Purplecicada

Urrregh but my gut tells me Nicki is innocent. Nobody follow my vote, but I'm gonna be keeping a close eye on Nicki.

I don't like the bean wagon anymore. We shouldn't be voting someone because we can't get a read on the player like this on day 1.

Unvote: bean

@Venus was asked by Dive as to why they voted Bean and did not respond. Can you clarify this?

As far as I'm concerned Bean's vote is random - what possible thing can you glean from asking why they voted that person from the first game related post?

The "lynching bean does no harm" is also suspicious. I believe you yourself said recently in another game that every townie matters, and we have little reason to believe anyone is either town or maf. 

Tldr, I don't think town Nicki would vote Bean with just the reason "it wouldn't hurt"

[Eliminate] Purplecicada

Urrregh but my gut tells me Nicki is innocent. Nobody follow my vote, but I'm gonna be keeping a close eye on Nicki.

This is an okay post from Bok and also mirrors my view that I stated before.

Vote: cicada

I've been working at a festival so excuse my lack posts please!!

I must say that i found Belle's reaction to the vote Dive cast on him quite agressive. The vote on Bean seems incredibly random and if Dive is a town member he would be a very crucial benefit to our team.

Therefore, i am gonna trust Dive and vote with him

[Eliminate] L'Belle.

Edited by Caimie

After a long day, Officer Magnezone came back to the guild, only to find they had nominated two suspects: purplecicada and Bean. When pressured to pick one, the guild couldn't decide. Frustrated, Magnezone cried out to the guild "ZZZT! Fine! If that's how it's going to be, I'll pick myself!"

8tBXb3G.png

"Squawk! Sq-Sq-squawk! How dare you insinuate that about me!" cried out purple. "I'm the right hand mon of our esteemed guild master! I would never do anything like this! What authority do you have to arrest the head of intelligence?! I won't allow this to st-"

"ZZZT! Flash Cannon! ZZZT!" Magnezone cried as it made direct contact, knocking the poor bird out immediately.

"ZZZT! Regardless of this arrest, I'll have you know this won't be the last time I come back. Tomorrow, I'll be searching each and every one of your rooms. I will find out who stole our goods, whether you like it or not!"

Before the guild even knew what was happening, their annoying AF esteemed assistant to the Guildmaster was gone. There was a looming sense of uncertainty throughout the guild that night. Perhaps...

...they were wrong?

purplecicada has been eliminated. She was a Macho Town Doctor, specifically Chatot.

Night 1 has begun. You have 24 hours to send in your night actions (assuming you have any).

Remaining Contestants

1) Cataline

2) Venus

3) purplecicada

4) Caimie

5) Captain Breakfast

6) Bean

7) L'Belle

8 ) Mr. Knightly

9) Bok Choi

10) Jason Grace

11) andracass

12) ZeroPassion

13) LykosHand

Chapter 2: Grounded in Reality

Just as promised, Officer Magnezone and his Magnemite deputies were back to continue searching for more goods. As they looked, one of the Magnemite deputies discovered something rather interesting in one of the rooms...

...a Dugtrio Bow. One of the items that happened to be stolen.

"ZZZT! Jason Grace! ZZZT!" Magnezone cried, ready to attack the immediate suspect.

"Now we don't think you should be so hesitant with us." Jason began to say, obvious fear in his eyes. "I don't need a bow, anyway! I'm powerful enough to be immune to water."

"ZZZT! I won't hear it! Taste justice! ZZZT!" Magnezone cried, releasing another devastating Flash Cannon.

"ZZZT! We'll be taking him back to the station. I expect another suspect by the time I return tonight. ZZZT!"

Jason Grace has been eliminated. He was Town, specifically Dugtrio.

Day 2 has begun. You have 48 hours to decide who to arrest.

Remaining Contestants

1) Cataline

2) Venus

3) purplecicada

4) Caimie

5) Captain Breakfast

6) Bean

7) L'Belle

8 ) Mr. Knightly

9) Bok Choi

10) Jason Grace

11) andracass

12) ZeroPassion

13) LykosHand

Dammit guys, I told you I could be wrong >_<

I don't blame you if you want to kill me rip. I gotta think about how the votes panned out last day, so I'll give more thoughts later on.

So Dive died, probably because mafia thought that he was a problem for them. I say that we have to read his posts, probably because he may have guessed who could be mafia. Just a theory that i had in my mind. 

Anyway i'm seeing that Venus is roleclaim to be the cop. I really hope that this isn't a lie, but it's Day 2 so i will trust Venus. 

[Eliminate] Cataline

Let's hear what Cat has to say about this.

Just cause I'm lazy and paying more attention to birb doesn't mean I'm mafia~ but you fools might be weheheh

You too Cass. few are safe from my suspicion~

Edit: Venus ain't RCing shit cause I'm totes a towny. you trust me right?

@Venus So you are the cop huh? I suggest you invest L'Belle tonight at that point. Remember guys just cause we know who the cop is doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to search for more mafia.

[Eliminate] Cataline

I would like to see what other players think of people but this is my list of suspicious players.

Top is obviously Cataline.

Second is L'Belle. L'Belle says that they want to contribute, but all they have said to day is why the bean votes. And why does he want to protect Bean in the first place? I  think Bean might be mafia as well (bean wouldn't have to change his style at all and he could survive every day and no one would notice. I really only think this though, because L'Belle appears to be protecting him). More than that he reacts violently to Dive's reasonable suspicion of him, and leaves his vote on Dive creating a bw on what was just another friendly townie. 

Second is Andracass who we all know is analytical, but appears to be throwing Day 1 to the wind and not even trying to read people. She continues to say little and powers L'Belle's bw with very flimsy reasoning of "Dive voting L'Belle at the very beginning reminds me far too much of what happened last game with me, and I remember how that one turned out. There's almost literally no reason to be suspecting anyone when nothing's happened (hence L'Belle's question), and the fact that Dive is maintaining his vote after L'Belle tries to defend himself is really rubbing me the wrong way." Not really the kind of solid rational we have come to expect from her. 

And Thirdly Zeropassion and Captain Breakfast. Kinda a tie about whom I suspect more atm. Zeropassion votes people with very little reason and just appears to go with the flow which is much like what he did in a previous game where he was mafia. And Captain Breakfast who does basically the same thing as Zeropassion only with even less conviction.

Less suspicous

Bok choy. Despite causing a townie to be lynched his reasoning was pretty good, and he may very well not have noticed the bw that formed, and he is trying to be helpful.

Venus. He appears to be claiming Cop (on day 2) which would be a very silly thing to do if he was mafia.

This list is of course subject to change, but being day 2 it is hard to get a read on anyone especially given how little has been said. We really need to talk more guys. Being quiet only helps the mafia. 

Hm? am I really dead because I'm quiet for the entirety of day one? And yet no one even noticed or pinged me that phase but suddenly you're on my back cause i was like "hi? I'm absent."

Pfff. Ok that's kinda dumb it's not like i've been quiet for i dunno more than one day phase. Easy maf bandwagon too, cause anyone would find suspicious haha~ Easy defense when I flip town later.

My reason? I hadn't gotten invested in the gamw, but I do enjoy the attention you all are gracing me.

I'd like to hear everyone's words on whether or not or why am I guilty, Please? I'll stay and play a bit if you do. And I could possibly gleam your alignments, read as they say. ❤️ you know you love cat ❤️ 

@Cataline idk how you could know if you got invested or not that doesn't really make any sense. Currently the only real reason anyone has voted you is because Venus has soft-claimed the cop which if you turn out town we can hang him tomorrow. However in case he is a mafia would mind telling us your current reads on people?

Ugh it's 9pm and I got exercises to do.. Well it's just 4 pages, fiiiine. My correct read in the other game has given me the itty bitty confidence I need, but uh, I haven't played much games, so don't expect Dive tier reads.

I'd like to @Venus

are you going to retract that statement boi?

• Veterans

@Mr. Knightly The criticism is fair, I suppose. I think the DR game might've set my expectations a bit unreasonably high, and I'll certainly say that giving players specific roles reeeeeally helps me find people.

My rationale for joining L'Belle and voting Dive was pretty much that what Dive was doing with L'Belle what he did with me during the last basics game-  jumping on the first person who seemed suspicious and then pursuing them. It was essentially just "hey, i remember the last time you did this, and you were maf". 

As for the Cataline voting, I really see no reason to suspect her. She was quiet D1, but that doesn't make her maf.