Back to Basics III: Hope Plus One (Game, Set, and Match)

Filthy Casual

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly it's hard to believe in you, Knightly. You roleclaimed to be the cop and you said that you investigated Venus and Dive where both died. I'm sorry but I will keep my vote on you.

Also i agree with Cass in this, why you roleclaimed to be the cop when you don't have any info for us? Also if you suspected that Cataline could be mafia, why you didn't check her alignment last night?

• Veterans

We've got two hours. This is still a mess.

I don't like knightly's roleclaim, but I guess if you're not dead tonight you'll just get killed tomorrow.

I don't think Amber's maf, but he also has three votes on him.

We haven't heard from Caimie today, and we heard from Cat once.

Of the people here, I'm most heavily suspecting Knightly, though I'm pretty sure it's safe to let you go tonight since there'll still be the numbers to get you tomorrow.

There's three maf left, and I'm thinking that two of them are knightly and caimie, with bok, cat, and bean as good candidates for the last. If Amber's lynched and found to be town, knightly's out tomorrow. 

With that said, [Vote] Caimie. It's mostly symbolic, since there's not really much that I can do about who's getting lynched today. If anyone's around still, I'd appreciate some thoughts on this.

@andracass Why do you suspect Caimie? Just curious why she ranks higher than Cataline who has contributed as little. smh maybe we are just all town on town and we should be hanging the quiet ones who might just be getting an easy win.

3 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Also if you suspected that Cataline could be mafia, why you didn't check her alignment last night?

Good question with an easy answer. I didn't suspect her Yesterday. She said she missed that it started and I forgave her lack of activity for that day, but today as she persists to do nothing it seems very strange. Venus seemed strange to me as I stated in my posts at that time. If I was mafia why the heck would I say I invested Dive and Venus? I would be the dumbest mafia on earth. If I was mafia I would'a lied and said I invested Amber, or one of you guys to gain your trust, but I have told only the truth. I revealed because I was in danger of getting lynched and it would be better I died tonight and we possibly lynch a mafia today. If anything I could be a vanilla townie trying to draw fire for the cop.

• Veterans

You drawing fire for the cop is pretty much the only thing that makes sense to me right now.

I'm suspecting Caimie since there's three mafia. It's... pretty much a purely logistical reason- there has to be someone maf, and i'm really not too worried about the people who have been posting beyond the concerns I've already mentioned.

It was a stormy night at the guild. Magnezone was understandably quite furious, as he knew the culprits were closer to getting away. Having said that, the guild came up with another suspect: Amber.

“WHAT?! What’s WRONG with everyone?! How could you THINK is was me?!” the frustrated Amber cried out.

“ZZZT! Save it for later, scum bag! ZTTT!” an impatient Magnezone cried out.

DigitalAmber was eliminated. He was town, AKA Loudred.

Some of you may be wondering why there’s nothing about an update on the Discord. I’m currently visiting family, and as such, I’m away from most forms of technology. I am unable to access discord whatsoever (it’s really buggy on my phone). As such, might phases will now work a bit differently for this week. Now, please make sure to send all night actions through the Reborn website through PM. To compensate for this, you will receive more time to send in those night actions. As such...

Night 3 has started. You now have 48 actions to send in night actions to Filthy Casual via PM (assuming you have any). Mafia only needs one person to send a message.

Remaining Contestants

1) Cataline

2) Venus

3) purplecicada

4) Caimie

5) Captain Breakfast

6) Bean

7) L'Belle

8 ) Mr. Knightly

9) Bok Choi

10) Jason Grace

11) andracass

12) DigitalAmber

13) LykosHand

Might as well not cry out LOUD, you caught my innocence RED handed, heh. Good luck townies. Good job being elusive thus far Mafia, or at least failing to get enough votes to die if you were voted on. IDK who you are.

As the new day began, Officer Magnezone was clearly unstable. He was up all night looking for any evidence, but couldn’t find anything. He was ready to snap at any evidence possible, and he found it in Bok Choi’s room: the Diglett Hat.

“Um... I think I can expl-“

Before he could finish, however, Bok was hit with a Flash Cannon. Officer Magnezone was furious.

“ZZZT! I’ve been up for the past three nights trying to find any clues, and haven’t found anything! You’d BETTER find something by the time I come back! ZZZT!”

Bok Choi was eliminated. He was town, AKA Diglett.

Day 4 has begun. You have 48 hours to decide who to eliminate.

Remaining Contestants

1) Cataline

2) Venus

3) purplecicada

4) Caimie

5) Captain Breakfast

6) Bean

7) L'Belle

8 ) Mr. Knightly

9) Bok Choi

10) Jason Grace

11) andracass

12) DigitalAmber

13) LykosHand

Smh very tough game. Smart of the mafia to let me live, knowing they could probably hang me today. Unfortunately I failed to find a mafia last night. However I can offer this insight. Cataline is town. @Cataline @LykosHand @Captain Breakfast Can you guys listen to me just once more and maybe we can pull this off. I now see the error of my ways. I was foolish not to suspect the quiet people more, and I am sorry about this. But I KNOW that Cass is mafia. My guess is her counterparts are Caimie and bean. How does Cass ordinarily act? Making concrete decisions and accusing people for lynches. What has Cass done this game? Make half-hearted accusations and let me lead us astray. I understand if you guys don't believe me, but the only thing that started suspicion on me was me accidentally helping bok (who was town) hang L'Belle. If you decide hanging me is the best step I get it, no way you could know for sure, but read through the posts and you will see that I am right. If you hang me today we will lose, and all our efforts will be fruitless.

[Eliminate] Cass

• Veterans

[Vote] Knightly

I practically said I'd do this yesterday, but I'm not letting this be the mess that previous days have been.

First, there's your cop RC. You claim to have checked two people (who were- one hell of a coincidence- killed the night you checked) and now you've exonerated your former top suspect. The person you pushed votes on to yesterday- which you did in order to prevent yourself from being lynched- flipped town. Now you're pushing a vote on me.

And what about that vote? Earlier in the game I was told that I defended Cataline and L'Belle too much, and now both of them flipped town. Yesterday, you accused me of being mafia with Amber- who flipped town. Now you're accusing me of being mafia with Caimie, who I literally said was a suspect of mine last night. 

My top picks for mafia are you and Caimie. You're first. We'll find the last when we see how everyone plays this out.

In all honesty i thought that mafia people wanted to eliminate Cass last night. I know that it seems bad to say, so i apologize.

But this makes me think that Cass could be mafia. But at the same time it can be a stupid reasoning, so let's forget what i said before. But yes, i feel like that one of Knightly and Cass is mafia. The problem is who is telling the truth? inb4 both of you are town.

What makes me suspect of Cass is that in the last day phase, she didn't vote Knightly but instead someone else. Ok, i can understand that maybe she wasn't 100% sure but this is what i think.

What makes me suspect of Knightly is that only Amber and i voted for him, when he said to be the cop. I find it strange that mafia didn't take advantage of this opportunity.
However there would be two reasons:
One is that most likely that they didn't want to get noticed too much, so they decided to vote Amber.

The second reason is that they let him live just to leave him as bait for us so and then we would all go to vote for Knightly.

Another very important thing is that i don't understand that roleclaim. Why he said he was cop only when there were only two votes on him and like 0 pressure on him? In that case he could try to defend himself, without making any roleclaim in my opinion.

That said, I'm sorry but i will vote for you again Knightly.

[Eliminate] Mr. Knightly

Now i would also like to hear other people about what they think of what has happened so far.
Also @Caimie you haven't really spoken so much, the more time passes and more i suspect you that you could be mafia, so this is also an opportunity to try to defend yourself.

In case we are voting the wrong person, well then GG mafia, i admit that you played very well since atm we are 4 town vs 3 mafia people.

I was reading again all the roles in this game and i forgot about this funny thing about the cop role:

"This particular role is held by Croagunk. He somehow knows just about everything, despite always being in the distance keeping to his swap shop. Every night, he will investingate one person each night by PMing the mod (aka me). You’ll get results back in the form of town/mafia. While you’re fucking weird, you’re also guaranteed to be sane. However, there’s a catch; if one of the macho doctors die, you yourself become macho, meaning all protections targeting you will fail. You win when the mafia have been arrested."

And we all know that Nicki was the first to die and at the same time she was one of the two macho doctors.  And i think that i don't have to add anything else.

"Knightly's roleclaim without having identified any mafs, on top of his rather ridiculous claim that he investigated both the people killed by the mafia the first 2 nights(Who both turned out to be the fucking doctors, no less. Seriously, what are the odds of this?!)"

@Captain Breakfast Sorry but you're wrong here. Dive wasn't the macho doctor. But only Venus. The other one was Nicki (purplecicada) as you can read in the first pages of this mafia game. 

Oh btw, we have probably our second/third mafia guy here. I say probably because i'm not 100% sure.

Yeah about me not being active, i pmd filthy about not being able to post because i would be working at a festival all weekend and i even pmd an option for a replacement but i did get no reply lol.

• Veterans

I'm not gonna deny that I haven't been the most active/helpful this game. basics games are boring and i miss my roles  Since there's also been very little activity, it's hard for me to get a read on people, too. It's also kind of hard to get into it when nothing's really happening. Either way, it's not like I've done nothing- I've just been more defensive than aggressive.

The reason that I didn't vote Knightly yesterday was because there wasn't a need to. If he's telling the truth about being the cop, then he'd still have a chance to find a maf (if he wasn't also killed that night). If he's lying about it, then he'd be alive and wouldn't find anyone. He could easily confirm someone as town because the mafia knows who all the townies are. Either way, there'd be no reason to vote for him yesterday since we can always kill him today. (I pretty much did the same thing with Nicki in the DR maf game. If her RC didn't pan out, she'd get killed the next day.) 

I also find it really hard to believe that you're blaming me for "letting you lead us astray", as though that's somehow my fault.

No it's not because of your mistake Captain, it's because you are too much neutral. I know that it's difficult to see who is mafia, but you said that you will put your vote later. And i wonder when you will put that vote, that's why i'm suspecting you as mafia. But like i said i'm not sure. 

@Caimie I see 👀 but i still suspect you as mafia

smh if you hang me we will lose. I wouldn't blame you if you did, but I urge everyone to read through the posts again, and consider how people interacted with town, how we have played with you before, and the intention of the posts in general. Even if you still want to hang me, at least we will have played our best. Thanks, and gg everyone.

It was a tense evening. The entire guild was worried, as they knew the villains were getting closer to completing their dastardly deeds. Together, the remaining guild voted on their next target: Mr. Knightly.

“Mweh-heh-heh! You guys know I’m the guy who runs the swap shop, right? Why would I do any of this?”

Magnezone was having none of it, however, immediately blasting Knightly. Afterwards, he cried to Cataline “ZZZT! You’ve been too quiet! I’m taking you in, too! ZZZT!”

“By golly, wha-“ said Cataline, as he, too, was blasted.

Mr. Knightly was eliminated. He was a Town Cop, specifically Croagunk.

Cataline was modkilled due to inactivity. He was town, specifically Bidoof.

Remaining Contestants

1) Cataline

2) Venus

3) purplecicada

4) Caimie

5) Captain Breakfast

6) Bean

7) L'Belle

8 ) Mr. Knightly

9) Bok Choi

10) Jason Grace

11) andracass

12) DigitalAmber

13) LykosHand

As Magnezone left, Caimie and Lykos we’re petrified about what was to happen next.

“Oh my gosh! What are we going to do now?!” cried out a worried Caimie.

“Hey, hey, hey! We’ll find out who did it, and we’ll send those crooks to justice!” stated Lykos, clearly worried about the inevitable.

“Oh? crooks, you say?” said a deep, looking voice. As the duo looked around, they saw none other than the leader of the dreaded Team Skull, Captain Breakfast.

“Chaw-haw-haw! You fools don’t get it, do you? We’ve been waiting for you be outnumbered so we can strike! Right, boys?”

Right on cue, andracass and Bean came out, barely containing themselves.

“Woah-ho-ho!” snickered andracass. “It was a lot easier to trick you fools than I thought it would be!”

“Heh-heh!”  Bean immediately followed. “Thanks to Lord Grobin, we’ve been able to evade you for so long!”

“And now that that’s done, there’s only one thing left to do...”

Almost in sync, andracass and Captain Breakfast got ready to unleash an attack. Before Lykos and Caimie could react, however, it was too late.

Later on that morning, Officer Magnezone found the duo out cold on the floor. Frustrated, he let out a cry in agony.

He knew he had failed.

Congrats to the mafia, Captain Breakfast, andracass, and Sosobean for winning this round! They went completely undetected for the whole game!

MVP is shared by both Captain Breakfast and andracass for their performance as mafia!