Back to Basics III: Hope Plus One (Game, Set, and Match)

Filthy Casual

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bean, why are you voting Lykos? The only reason i'm asking you this is because I don't have anything else to talk about yet and I'd like to contribute.

This line by L'Belle feels weird. It feels like there's a little bit too much explanation on why they're asking Bean for the reason for his vote.

but this time you are voting the wrong person.

Funny how this reminds me of what Paul said back then in Back to the Basics II. I might be inclined to townread him purely for this reason.

6 hours ago, Venus said:

Your reasoning is out of focus.

[Eliminate] Psychic Sheep

Why are you voting for Bean? I thought you had the opinion before of Bean's votes being random or is this a pure vote to say that Bean's at least a better lynch in a day without any leads?

I'm going with [Vote] L'Belle. Want to hear more from him.

So little has happened smh. Hard to work on so little info, but eventually everyone will have to meet the post requirements right? I am curious @Filthy Casual what happens in the case of a tie? At this point we probably don't want to cause a possible double lynch.

Guest Sparkin'

Why are you voting for Bean? I thought you had the opinion before of Bean's votes being random or is this a pure vote to say that Bean's at least a better lynch in a day without any leads?

You must've mistaken me for someone else. I don't believe I have ever said anywhere that Bean is random.

Guest Sparkin'

I think that you don't comprehend what Bean is saying, therefore calling how he acts as Random.

Ook. LMAO. I literally said in my post that I questioned him for nothing else than to make a post. Either you can't read or you're grabbing at straws. Either way, I find this suspicious enough to warrant a vote.

[Vote] Jason Grace

@L'Belle 

Ook. LMAO. I literally said in my post that I questioned him for nothing else than to make a post. Either you can't read or you're grabbing at straws. Either way, I find this suspicious enough to warrant a vote.

I acknowledged that you said that you questioned him for nothing else than to make a post, but what is weird is you stating that when you could have just asked him why he voted Lykos and ended there. Adding that second line felt out of place, as if you were justifying limited contribution.

And, I feel like you're being overly defensive for a more or less pressure vote.

Gonna keep my vote.

Imo Belle not adding that second line would have been much stranger. 

Everyone pretty much knows that asking Bean a question is very much like talking to, well, a bean. You can't really expect a fleshed out or rational answer than if for instance, you asked Dive a similar question, which is why I feel the justification is warranted. 

That being said, Belle does seem a bit touchier than normal. I'll hold off voting til tonight, just to wait for more discussion.

Maybe that's true Bok, but right now I am with DIve. Ordinarily I would vote Bean because they are generally not as helpful as L'Belle, but by voting Dive, L'Belle puts three possible townies in danger. This could be clumsy mafia, or third party, but for now,

[Eliminate] L'Belle

• Veterans

Dive voting L'Belle at the very beginning reminds me far too much of what happened last game with me, and I remember how that one turned out. There's almost literally no reason to be suspecting anyone when nothing's happened (hence L'Belle's question), and the fact that Dive is maintaining his vote after L'Belle tries to defend himself is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Vote [Jason Grace]

1 minute ago, andracass said:

Dive voting L'Belle at the very beginning reminds me far too much of what happened last game with me, and I remember how that one turned out. There's almost literally no reason to be suspecting anyone when nothing's happened (hence L'Belle's question), and the fact that Dive is maintaining his vote after L'Belle tries to defend himself is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Vote [Jason Grace]

Comparing another game with different circumstances isn't really a good reason to accuse me. Just because I was mafia in that game doesn't mean I'm mafia here too.

Saying that there's no reason to suspect anyone when nothing's happened is basically resigning that Day 1 should always be a wasted day where there's just limited discussion. A good, motivated player knows how to read lines and detect possible alignment indicative statements, and that's what I felt from L'Belle's statement, hence, my vote on them.

Just because someone makes a defense, it doesn't mean you have to move on and believe it. I didn't like their touchy defense, from a pressure vote. I simply wanted to know his reasons for that post and would retract my vote if they gave a satisfactory answer, but he didn't and retaliated with basically an OMGUS.