Back to Basics III: Hope Plus One (Game, Set, and Match)

Filthy Casual

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh.

So clearly I should just shut up and stop suggesting people to lynch.

Yes, Belle and Nicki's deaths were both entirely my fault.

Yes, I'm town, and yes, my explanation is pretty much entirely my rationale for my votes day 1 and 2.

No, I won't blame you if you vote me because I suck, and I really don't have any way of proving my innocence.

• Veterans

Bok voted for both Nicki and L'Belle and basically gave the same lack of defense both times.

That doesn't necessarily make him maf, but I haven't had a good feeling about him all game.

[Vote] Bok Choi

Yes Cass i'm finally here

Anyway i don't know i feel like that Bok is telling the truth about to be a town. So i don't think that i will vote for him. I still think that bean could be mafia, also he isn't making so many posts, which is strange in my opinion. Only Knightly and Bok voted for Belle in the last day phase, so let's see what Knightly has to say about this and then i make a decision.

I find pressure voting really amusing right now due to its ineffectiveness in this game. Both doctors are dead, and the only roles you can claim are vanilla townie and cop. Anyone who claims cop would quickly be killed, or their death would be delayed to throw doubt upon them. 

Currently, Knightly put a seemingly hasty vote on L'belle. I know I said pressure doesn't really work anymore, but whatever. 

[Eliminate] Mr. knightly

Alright guys I am back, sorry I was late had stuff to take care of. It is funny that you placed a vote on me @DigitalAmber because I was considering placing one on you. It has been very hard to read anyone this game due to the lack of talking and as you said pressure votes appear to have no effect. However I am not one to ignore a pressure vote. Despite making poor reads, I believe I have done my best given the circumstances. Now please bear with me as I present my ideas.

Alright here is my list of players from towniest to scumiest

Towny

Bok. I know this seems weird, but he seems legit to me. He has been making points that make logical sense and appears to be trying to help town. 

Less towny

Lykos. I feel like he should be posting more, although this is typical of his play style. I couldn't say for sure. Cass. Seems pretty towny but I would have expected more interaction from her. Plus the way she just said she hoped we were right about L'Belle without adding anything seems kinda like mafia trying to blend.

idk these players need to talk more.

Bean, Captain Breakfast, and Caimie.

Scumier

Digital amber. idk I would expect more posts from him, plus he just appears to be throwing suspicion around without actually blaming anyone. He appears to be trying to get others to do the blaming for him. Plus he suspects me over Bok which seems very strange. Not to mention when Zero was playing he seemed very suspicious.

Scumiest

Cataline

I mean really she just keeps yelling about how little she is doing without doing anything. For now consider this a pressure vote.

[Eliminate] Cataline

This list is obviously subject to change, and please tell me if I overlooked something. I am tired and probably not thinking to straight.

Your thoughts please guys. @Cataline @Captain Breakfast @Caimie @Psychic Sheep @andracass @LykosHand @Bok Choi

• Veterans

I was ready to vote bok the moment that L'Belle was found as town. Both days he lynched a townie and basically offered a pity defense for it. I'll say that my vote isn't set in stone by any means, but I'm certainly wary of him for that.

As for Knightly's read, I've mainly just been a bit annoyed by the lack of posts and the complete disorganization. You all realize we've voted for four separate people again already, right?

Yeah i realized that but well i voted for Bean only because i thought that he's mafia. Anyway i will try to give a list.

Towny

Bok: yes we all know that he voted for townies but i feel like that he's innocent.

Less towny

Cass: i'm not so sure about her to being a town, but at the same time i don't suspect her as mafia. 

Amber: He's contributing a lot and this makes me think that he can be town.

Neutral

Captain Breakfast: i don't know, i can't tell if he is mafia or town, maybe because i'm not used to seeing how he plays at mafia games. 

Caimie: she didn't talk too much, so i'm not sure what to say about her.

Cataline: well i'm not sure about Cat as well, but one part of me says that she isn't mafia.

Probably Mafia

Bean: he isn't making so many posts in this game, i know that he voted for me two times and well it makes me think that he could be mafia.

Knightly: And here we are. I sincerely suspect that he can be mafia, one because he voted for Belle, two he didn't say anything important to defend himself. I have the impression that Knightly this time can be mafia. Well it's up to you to prove you're not a mafia.

After said that, i will vote for Knightly:

[Eliminate] Mr. Knightly

@LykosHand Not a-hundred percent sure what you want me to say at this point. I have been doing my best given the limited information, and contributing a fair amount. I guess the main thing I can say is why did I save Dive first day, only to kill him at night? And why did I intentionally stop a three way lynch? If I were mafia I would definitively not have done that. As for voting L'Belle he seemed really suspicious. Plus, I waited for him to make a good defense and he never did. More then that why would I be constantly calling for more activity if I was mafia. I made a poor read I admit it, but I only made one and I protected a townie day 1. smh I am not mafia I hope you can believe me.

Cass, I'm not trying to get, nor do I need a pity defense. I felt my posts justified my votes on Nicki and Belle (Even if I did end up being wrong in the end)
Again, I don't find fault in Cass for voting me, because all I've been doing is lynching people on our team, so don't jump all over her for voting me.

I placed my vote on Belle after Knightly did, so I'm inclined to townread Knightly. On the other side of that, I can see one or both of either Amber or Capt. Breakfast being mafia for a couple reasons. 

1) Before Amber replaced Zero, Zero was hella strange. I'm pretty sure it ain't just me who thought so.

2) They both voted for Nicki, in quick succession at the end of the day phase, not giving Nicki a chance to counter my arguments.

3) This line from Zero: "This is an okay post from Bok and also mirrors my view that I stated before". When checking over posts again, he never stated or said anything related to my arguments, but then proceeded to say my post mirrors whatever unsaid view he had? 

Captain Breakfast is contributing a lot though, he did acknowledge his scum-ness earlier, and he is trying to scumhunt, so I will let it slide for now.

[eliminate] DigitalAmber

About the others:

Caimie is quiet as usual, but I do find her literal last minute post on day one suspicious. Maybe she just missed Filthy's end of day announcement on the maf server? I'll be watching, but there's not a whole lot to watch.

Bean is Bean. I have great difficulty reading him. So. I noticed he seems more rational when he's maf tho, so I doubt he's maf here

Cataline has really quieted down this past day, which matches what I usually do when I'm maf. Slight scumread, but I'll see when/if she posts more.

Lykos: I think he's town, but I realize I haven't played with Lykos, and haven't ever seen him be maf, so it's hard for me to read him. I understand his points though, so mostly townread.

Cass: Slight scumread, a little more confident about this than about Cat, but I can't really put my finger on why. I think it's a mix of her quickly antagonizing Dive day one, and her weirdly strong defense of Cat day two. If one flips one way, I think I can be confident the other is the same. Just something to think about for the coming phases.

@Cataline @Captain Breakfast @Caimie @Psychic Sheep @andracass @LykosHand @Bok Choi Alright I didn't want to do this but better I die at night then another townie. I am the cop guys. idk why every one is so quiet and just going with the flow but I bet at least one of the people who voted me is mafia. If you don't believe me you will when I turn up dead tomorrow. 

[Unvote] Cataline

[Eliminate] Digital Amber

• Veterans

ugh, we're doing it again. 

So here's how the vote stands:

Cass: Bok

Amber: Knightly

Bean: Lykos

Knightly: Cat

Lykos: Knightly

Bok: Amber

[Unvote] Bok

First, I'm unvoting Bok because...well, no one else suspects him, and he does seem to be genuinely helpful. I'm still a little wary of him, but I don't think it's enough to warrant a vote.

@andracass Unfortunately no, wish I had. Not gonna lie, stupid as it sounds, I invested Dive then Venus, who both died. I have no more info then you guys. I think Amber is a good target for today, but if you rather we can hang Cataline and I will invest him (despite the fact that I will be dead).

@andracass Maybe. In case you hadn't noticed the phase should change soon, and it's better I die at the hands of the mafia tonight, and we maybe hang a mafia today, then two townies die today and tomorrow. You wouldn't happen to be protecting Amber would you?

• Veterans

I'm not protecting amber. This is just a really risky play.

I also don't know why you'd RC cop if you didn't actually have anything. I'm a little tempted to think that you're trying to get the real cop to counterclaim you so you know where they are. 

(edit: with the implication that you're mafia.)