Despair is Fun. A Madoka RP(IC). Paradaisu.

rustytengo

Iva pulled back behind her cover and hatched a simple plan.   She needed to distract the cops somehow so that she could get over to the crime scene without being seen.

First she put her hand near the ground near the stall she was hiding behind, then she channeled a small amount of magic to grow a thin sheet of slippery ice in a rough circle.  Then she found something small that would make a bit of noise before hiding inside the food stall.

The idea was that she'd make some kind of noise to get the cops to come check, then when they slipped and fell on the ice she'd make a quick escape through the stall to the side opposite the ice, and hide somewhere by the Ferris Wheel before they got up and returned to their car.

Check:

Ice Control: +10

Magic Limit: +5

Purity used: 0

Total: +15

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/24/2018 at 2:01 AM, Bam the 25th said:

Seeing that her last action didnt get the tenders' attention, Rika sighed and was about to start walking when she noticed a strange girl with her cat. She approached the girl and said "hey, how did you get that person's attention, and did you notice anything worth kniwing about them?"

Rosalyn waved gently at the newcomer and said "I just placed Miles on top of their head and they perked up real quick despite looking as if they hadn't slept in a week after getting that weird tattoo on their neck, but why are you asking anyway~?," as she finished saying this sentence her Miles blinked once at the newcomer and let out a cute little kyu~ sound.

Rosalyn, Rika, Rosemary, and Junko 
Has Rosalyn holds the flowers in her hand she feels them start to wrap their roots around her wrist and dig into her flesh. The others notice the tenders scatter away from the flower patch as the patch itself move and what looks like a teddy bear with flowers over it rise up out of the patch. 

((and so a battle begins you all get to go first before the enemy))  

Iva
"What was that?" one the cops asked the other one "Its probably those kids again. I thought I scared them off." The younger one says as the two move over to where Iva made her ice patch and as she thought the first one slipped and the second one slipped as well as he tried to help the other one up. Once she makes it to the other side she finds a nice hiding spot near the Ferris wheel. Looking up at the ride she notices a slight glimmer directly in the middle of the wheel. Once the Cops got up and back to the car the seemed even more confused and bothered do to the random ice patch but they don't seem like they will be leaving yet.

Elizabeth, Yoshirou, and Kage
You all hear some yelling and other sounds coming from the direction of the Ferris Wheel

Valerie
Upon entering the portal you find your self in a completely different world. Instead of the sky scrappers, you find yourself standing in front of a tower with stair wrapping all the way around in no rhyme or reason.  Some time's they are completely vertical sometimes they are upside down and all manner of different directions. There are three different ways you could start the climb up the tower if you wish. One that has stairs spiraling up around the tower.  Another set of stairs that go vertically up to an opening that you might be able to climb like a ladder. And one was a just a pair of rather small doors that you would have to crawl through at the ground level.

Rosalyn's cat practically leapt into the fray as it grew in size and dug its claws deep inside of the teddy bear to try and tear it to shreds and buy Rosalyn the time she needed to try and get the flowers off of her wrist and yell out, "Everyone! I'll buy you some time, get that little girl out of here before something worse happens!" (25+10, base 25 magic limit and +10 from familiar control).

Elizabeth

"I can give you mine later" Elizabeth called out, raising up an arm as a sort of wave to the two as she continued on. However, before she got out of their sight, she stopped, lowering her arm as she thought of something. Then, she turned around, walking back to the two, "Say, what do you think the odds are of that cop actually looking up towards the sky?" she asked once she got back to the fence, both hands in her coat's pockets.

"Thank you" said Rika to Rosalyn before the flower patch grew in size and turned into a teddy bear. She transformed into her magical girl form and prepared herself to battle.

Rika was about to use her magic when she remembered Junko, so she turned to her and said " Junko, can you fight? i will protect you if you cant". Then she summoned her spear, and readied herself to battle

25 minutes ago, Bam the 25th said:

"Thank you" said Rika to Rosalyn before the flower patch grew in size and turned into a teddy bear. She transformed into her magical girl form and prepared herself to battle.

Rika was about to use her magic when she remembered Junko, so she turned to her and said " Junko, can you fight? i will protect you if you cant". Then she summoned her spear, and readied herself to battle

"I don't know how! I never thought this whole 'magical girl' thing through..." Junko said. She looked like she was about to cry. 

That said... I have to try... She thought. As tears welled down her face, she created an illusion of herself before hiding behind a nearby bush.

Spoiler

Illusion +10, Magic +15. Not going over my Magic Limit, so I haven't spent any purity... yet.

Edited by GM_3826

Valerie looks around for a bit. It really shouldn't have surprised her but this was... really quite out of the ordinary. She kind of expected more stone walls and earthen floors when she was told about labyrinths. Still, she might as well scout out the place some... not that it'd help if it changes, which would be frustrating.

"Curioser and curioser..."

She decides to try the small door.

On 7/3/2018 at 7:26 PM, GM_3826 said:

"I don't know how! I never thought this whole 'magical girl' thing through..." Junko said. She looked like she was about to cry. 

That said... I have to try... She thought. As tears welled down her face, she created an illusion of herself before hiding behind a nearby bush.

Reveal hidden contents

Illusion +10, Magic +15. Not going over my Magic Limit, so I haven't spent any purity... yet.

"You poor thing, its alright, take cover for now, i will defend you" Rika said as she drew on her magic and cast Searing Light on the teddy bear and aimed for his belly.

(10+5)

Rika took a second glance at the teddy bear only to realize its just a familiar, hardly worth her effot, the other will take care of it she thought. she sneaked up and, after letting Junko know of her intentions, she went to the Business District, hoping for a real witch to appear

Yoshirou

Yoshirou accepted the boy's number and started to input it into his phone. It was then that he realized he didn't know the boy's name. "Sorry, I didn't think to ask your name before." He said. Though before the boy answered, Maridox came back over. Get his information later? For all she knew they'd never meet again. Yoshirou didn't push though, he didn't care that much. "It depends on how many there are. But I'd say pretty low as long as you don't get too close to the Ferris wheel, they might have an expert studying that."

It really looked like they were going through with this. Yoshirou supposed it couldn't hurt to follow along, at least until they actually got close to the police again. It still seemed like a waste of time, the Witch wasn't going anywhere and the police would keep any potential victims away, they were free to wait until the cops were gone. Perhaps they could even track down another Witch in the meantime.

"Tsukihashi Kageharu. And flying will at least distract them from us, if they look up." Kage shrugged, and stepped through the fence, trying to watch for the aforementioned police. He didn't have any special tricks to get closer to where the victim had appeared, so he started to circle around, avoiding the Ferris wheel and associated buildings for now. Truth be told, he didn't really know what he was looking for; he hadn't actually fought a witch before, and the cops would have already hunted down bloodstains and the like. All he knew was that he was going to look deeper into the park, places where fewer people had been. Maybe the security buildings were worth an inspection?

Rosemary looks at her opponent, and tilts her head. For a moment she is silent, but then a wicked grin spreads across her face and she transforms.

Her doll, now in her hand looks up at the target. Its eyes glow red, there light piercing through the darkness Its body is putting off like a candle puts off light.

With a giggle rosemary raises her doll.

"Iffff you sayyyy soooo"

And Slams it into the ground. Throwing it down, and then catching it as it bounces back up in a very un-doll like manner. This was a fun means of attack. Dealing damage through symbolic connections to her precious doll. And he wouldn't even be hurt. 

She could get used to this.

Damage hex+5

Spoiler

Skills
Shadow control +5
The user can control shadows

Inanimate possession +5
The user can posses and control inanimate objects

Damage hex +5

The user does something to there doll (Setting it on fire, throwing it in front of an attack, stabbing it) , and the damage it would have caused is shunted over to a target, The amount of damage the symbolic effect actualy does is determined by skill value plus limit spent

Dance of the puppet +5
The user binds there doll with threads of magic, and forms a symbolic connection to a non-witch target in range, granting them the ability to puppet there body around, and use there abilities. A check must be made in order to establish control

Derived stats: 

HP: 20

Injuries: 4

Magic Limit: 15

Soul Gem Purity: 200

Elizabeth

"Fair points. Just thought I could fly over them without being seen" Elizabeth replied with a shrug, turning around on her heel and heading back into the park, hand going back to her pocket as she did so. She could always wait, but that was annoying. There was a still likely a Witch here that needed to die, and she didn't feel right just walking away.

Agh, police were annoying sometimes. Made her wish she could just, make people forget things, so she could go right by them.

Being far too concerned and nervous to actually start climbing then Ferris Wheel yet Iva stayed in the shadows and waited, trying to find a way around to a ladder or something that would take her closer to the entrance to the labyrinth.

Rosalyn, Rika, Junko, Rosemary
The cat rakes into the teddy bear dealing 15 damage to it and cleaving some of the flowers off. The flowers of Rosalyn's arm dig deeper in dealing 6 damage to her.

Rika's blast of light leaves a large burn mark on it belly. Dealing 7 damage to it

Junko runs off to a bush leaving an illusion of her self behind.

The Bear staggers and takes a step back as it feels the effects of Rosemary's hex dealing 10 damage to it and causing it 1 injury.

The Bear gives a roar that sounds like a squeaky toy as it attempts to bear hug the illusion of Junko but just ends up hugging air. At the sound of the "roar", more of the flowers move and start wiggling their way towards Rosemary. 

Elizabeth, Yoshirou, Kage
As you three wander deeper into the amusement park you don't find much of interest other than the run-down rides and an unusual amount of spider webs. Eventually, you find your way to the security area or at least what you think is the security area given a faded sign says employees only. Going inside you really don't find much though you see a few places that might have something interesting. the lost and found, the locker room and the owner's office. 

Iva
You see the cops answer a call on the radio from what you can hear it might be getting close to a shift change so to speak. you also see a maintenance ladder for Ferris wheel. it looks really rusty and that it might fall off if you climb on it without taking any precautions 

Valerie
The journey down the tunnel that the small doors open up to is rather slow going. you almost fall once you reach the end due to it having a sudden cutoff into the inside of the tower. 

Inside is even worst then the outside with stairs leading to the wall without any exit or just stopping in mid-air or even taking a sudden angle and going completely horizontal. Every so often you see platforms acting as levels for the tower.  There is a platform near you that you think you could easily get to it has what looks like broken statues on it. Other than that platform you could drop all the way to the bottom of the tower or go back through the tunnel to the outside

I...

Junko couldn't hold back tears.

...Have to do something...

Junko, when she was little, used to sneak around in an attempt to avoid her parents whenever she didn't want to do her homework. She could still sneak around... at least, to some extent...

...Here goes nothing...

Spoiler

Stealth 5+Magic Limit 15

Rika used this chance and backed away a little, hiding behind a nearby bush, keeping a close eye on her surroundings. after some thought she decided to stay hidden for now.

Rika surveyed her surroundings. she knew that she had to do something, she channeled her magic and transformed to her magical girl form. she aimed at the bear's belly and used Searing Light (10+5)

• 2 weeks later...

The office looked as likely as anywhere, and there weren't any cops around for the time being. He shrugged, and walked inside. Dusty old papers in a dusty old building, pretty much exactly what he'd expected. Maybe the lost and found had something? Even if he didn't find any hints as to where the witch was, there might be some old collectible nobody left behind. Or not, he didn't really know.

Yoshirou

Having apparently decided to go along, Yoshirou followed Tsukihashi further into the park. He wasn't really sure what they were supposed to do, it seemed apparent to him that their target would be near the ferris wheel, which Tsukihashi was steering clear of. More than once he decided to turn back and deal with this himself later, but then changed his mind again. The indecisiveness was gnawing at him a bit, he really didn't like doing unnecessary things, but he also didn't like the idea of leaving the other two to get themselves into trouble. It was a little ridiculous, he didn't have much stake in them, they were basically nobodies. But then, he didn't really like the idea of doing this on his own, so maybe it was really that he wanted them to be there if he got into trouble. Whatever the case, he was here now.

The security buildings were pretty dark, though not so dark Yoshirou couldn't see to make his way around. They were dusty and full of cobwebs. He wasn't sure what to look for, but thought that maybe he could at least find a set of keys in one of the desks that would open up further access to the rest of the park without having to break into anything and draw attention. So, although he still wasn't sure why he didn't just leave, Yoshirou started rifling through desk drawers for a pair of keys.

Rosemary drops her doll as she turns her hand downward, threads of purple light forming, wrapped around her fingers, and hanging the doll from her hand like a puppet, she brings her other hand up and the doll becomes suspended between, and tied to, both.

The doll squirms as the glow in its eyes burn brighter, and its power washes over one of the bear's minion flower things, Attempting to establish a symbolic connection for manipulation of its body.

Spoiler

Dance of the puppet +5
The user binds there doll with threads of magic, and forms a symbolic connection to a non-witch target in range, granting them the ability to puppet there body around, and use there abilities. A check must be made in order to establish control

Spending all limit, Target is enemy flower.

Rosalyn's cat, sensing the she was in more danger from the flowers tangled around her arms than the currently distracted teddy bear, decided to leap to it's owner's rescue and claw the flowers off of her.

(25+10, base 25 magic limit and +10 from familiar control).

Elizabeth

With Haruki and Kageharu checking out the "Lost and Found" and security buildings, Elizabeth decided to try and check out the Locker Rooms. Personally, she didn't expect to find anything here. At least, anything that would lead to the Witch. But, they were exploring, they had to at least look around. Maybe she'd find something interesting there, like a souvenir, or something of that sort. Who knows.