Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

...they forgot who Taka is? smh

I mean, I can understand them forgetting Amaria (cuz I did too on my first ever playthrough) but how can you forget Taka and his devilish Chatot? O_O

I'm pretty sure they are aware of Garchomp at this point but who knows. I'm hoping that is the straw that finally breaks them. I only skim since they are way too persistent on it being a nuzlocke when honestly they would be more successful doing a normal play through. But we are going in circles at this point.

The title made me think Nexus was spoiling the Garchomp, I was met with a pleasant surprise.

It was hard watching Mo lose his entire team again, he sounded really frustrated for the rest of the episode. Hoping that Twit loses his all soon so they can't possibly keep up the Nuzlocke rules, going into Fern expecting Aya could be devastating for the rest of them, so if he doesn't already force them to reconsider, Aya's doubles is sure to drive them up the wall.

That Garchomp aint doing anything, they are going to see that is level 75, and say that it doens't count because it is high level, and when they see that you can continue losing even more

Edit: Twits team is some big trash lmao

I'm interested to see if they'll use their dittos to beat garchomp. If I've calculated right, they need garchomp to miss the first dragon rush, and lose the speed tie to ditto on the second turn, while ditto hits 2 dragon rushes in a row, to kill garchomp. Although it really depends on if their dittos have imposter to transform right away. 

1 hour ago, nepeta100 said:

At least one ditto has imposter also lol if someone won then their stories won't be in sync like they wanted even if the difference is minimal

I mean, we already had Jay being the Ultimate Hipster in Uranium, so why not have him fill that role again?

I wanna feel bad, but I'm too delighted to finally see Chatot doing massive damage.

There is never an inappropriate time to be proud of the little death bird.

I'm gonna be curious to see if any of them manage to put up a fight against the Garchomp, but I'm mostly just excited for that part of the game because people's reactions to it story-wise are often fun to watch.

Not expecting them to count that battle towards their Nuzlocke, just wanna see how they feel about the story.

37 minutes ago, ZEL said:

I wanna feel bad, but I'm too delighted to finally see Chatot doing massive damage.

There is never an inappropriate time to be proud of the little death bird.

I'm gonna be curious to see if any of them manage to put up a fight against the Garchomp, but I'm mostly just excited for that part of the game because people's reactions to it story-wise are often fun to watch.

Not expecting them to count that battle towards their Nuzlocke, just wanna see how they feel about the story.

One thing's for sure: they are gonna sh*! all over Cal after this. Almost everyone does and the fact that Cal gave most of them trouble when they fought won't help his case.

Yeah, sadly people don't care about Cal's reasons or that he even destroyed and rigged the PULSE. I guess having a deep and developmental character is something to be hated for

29 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Yeah, sadly people don't care about Cal's reasons or that he even destroyed and rigged the PULSE. I guess having a deep and developmental character is something to be hated for

I think it's more like it's hard to forget what he did and to forgive him so easily. That's how I feel whenever I see him after the events at Mount Pyrous. Then when you're at the snow city place, it's like "ohh… it's you. Look... I can see why you joined but I'm still trying to get over that but thank you for your help throughout this whole thing." I mean that's how it feels to me.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I've always thought people were hard on Cal. Yeah, he didn't have to throw medicham into the lava but still. 

2 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I think it's more like it's hard to forget what he did and to forgive him so easily. That's how I feel whenever I see him after the events at Mount Pyrous. Then when you're at the snow city place, it's like "ohh… it's you. Look... I can see why you joined but I'm still trying to get over that but thank you for your help throughout this whole thing." I mean that's how it feels to me.

forgiving and not hating are different things tho

1 minute ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I've always thought people were hard on Cal. Yeah, he didn't have to throw medicham into the lava but still. 

which he didn't. While his magmortar did it, He never gave the order. Solaris did.

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

which he didn't. While his magmortar did it, He never gave the order. Solaris did.

Cal could have ordered his Magmortar to stop, as pokemon tend to listen to their trainers more than someone else. But I digress, this PULSE thing must have been Cal's inner turmoil like Kiki's Lupus was hers.

1 minute ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Cal could have ordered his Magmortar to stop, as pokemon tend to listen to their trainers more than someone else. But I digress, this PULSE thing must have been Cal's inner turmoil like Kiki's Lupus was hers.

true

I always thought the situation at Pyrous was pretty interesting because it was going to reflect badly on Cal no matter what happened.

Now this is assuming his goal was to keep working undercover with Meteor. Cuz otherwise he could've just sided with us all along.

In the story's actual events, he gets partial blame for killing Medicham and Kiki. Then turns around and opposes meteor.

He's cast out by Meteor and the people whose side he was actually on. Worst thing that could've happened.

Had everything gone according to Cal's plan -no interruption through Kiki, Victoria, Cain and the MC-... then he'd still have gotten into trouble.

Cuz inevitably, the PULSE would have failed, and if the machine didn't work then the blame would fall on Taka and Cal, or ZEL. And it would probably not take Eve very long to figure out that someone has been messing with the PULSE, so really, in the end it would have fallen back on Cal and Taka, since they were in charge of the machine as it was installed.

Now, Solaris does distrust Taka, but Cal would've still had to come up with some real good excuses if he planned on getting out of this without being suspected of a) being involved, or b) failing to notice that Taka/someone had sabotaged the PULSE.

Had he failed to obey Solaris' orders, he'd have gotten punished - doubly so if Medicham had destroyed the PULSE.

Kiki and Victoria might've believed him. But blatantly not doing what Solaris told him would have made him look suspicious at worst, and spineless at best. In either case, there would be consequences.

In fact... let's assume he disobeyed Solaris, so Solaris stops Medicham himself. Then the machine turns out not to work. This would be the worst case scenario for Cal right after what really happened. Because in this case chances are much lower that Taka would end up suspected. Cal doesn't wanna stop Kiki + machine broke? It'd make it a lot easier to guess he was actually a traitor and not just scared to hurt his mentor. And ya know what happens to traitors.

Even in his best case scenario Cal would still have ended up looking incompetent in the eyes of his superiors.

Situation would've sucked for him no matter what, lol.

• Upvote 1

So Cal

Cal is a character I like as I greatly relate to him.

I have a sibling rivalry with my brother that has been going on since I can remember, so when I see Cal talking about how his constant attempts to one up Blake causing him to get more and more into trouble I know what it's like.

Would I go as far as Cal did? Probably not.

But Cal just wanted approval and took it too far.

The only characters who fully trust him are Shelly and Heather at this point, and it took a while for Cal and Shelly to make up.

Cal just wants to do what right, and after that....

Well who knows.

Not sure where he'll end up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nepeta100 said:

So hyped for the mulligan today although I'm worried that they will split the episode and garchomp will happen Monday..

I mean its only 4 battles with Victoria carrying their asses up the mountain, but then again...