[Mafia Won] Back to the Basic II: Hard Boiled

NickCrash

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm still unsure about what to think about Nicki's new attitude. She does look more confident and everything but I still feel she only has been trying to put the focus in other people without actually collaborating, like, what does that pressure vote even mean? I get ZeroPassion hasn't been really active but it's not like they are particularly suspicious (?) 

[Eliminate] Nicki

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually reading back I found this by Walpurgis which comes from seeing Alaris' post:

In the case of Bok even if his attitude hasn't been the most helpful to the town and scumhunting it totally aligns with his playstyle and personality. I really doubt he would pull something like that as mafia with the intentions Dive says he has. But in my opinion the biggest thing is the "he simply reacted jokingly". We are playing a game in a friendly community, so it's normal for people to be playful and joking. I feel that sentence kinda tries to appeal to some kind of feeling like "he mocked the death of two innocents" to make the argument against ok ~stronger~ but it's totally out of place here, it feels somewhat forced.

In context of the post, this seems to be a defense of Bok's play as if it would be explained by his personality and unreadable. In context of the game, this post feels like an opportunistic piggy back once Dive gets attention drawn toward him. Bok was only giving us reads in Dive and Cat, with the latter flipping town and the former being voted by Bok which comes off to me as OMGUS and opportunistic to get Dive lynched.

Unvote: sailboat

Vote: Walpurgis

That doesn't sound very solid or convincing, Cass. Was I ever confirmed to be town and I didn't know it? I'm ok with this, I know building trust is not my biggest strength. I'm always in the "scummy people" list of half of the players at some point.

Yeah, I was wrong about Bok. I still think he wasn't especially suspicious, but I was wrong and I think all the people who knows my playstyle a bit better should know that I don't do OMGUS (especially when it's not even about me, darn, I have started bandwagons against mafia partners before). I really don't have anything else to defend myself, I'm bad at trust in general and you all know I'd stab you in the back if I had to, killing me is worth the risk. 

I am dumb. Its pretty well known to players. lel

Firstly, 

I'm a justified confirmed townie along with Dive (for following the right course of action), Andracass and Sosobean. That accounts to half the players alive.

The rest 4 players viz. Lia, Zero, Purple and Sailboat are untownies technically.

At least two of them ought to be maf and rest towns.

Technically, Nicki opposes Zero and Lia opposes Nicki. And Zero opposes Lia.

Quite difficult to assess the case for me.

Secondly,

I'm gonna form a bw against Sailboat until Dive speaks and provides his reliable opinions:

Eliminate: Sailboat

So... after a little bit of rereading and rechecking, I find it difficult to come up with concrete reads on people because most have made some posts and actions that warrant attention, but I'll try to look past their intentions in making these posts.

Reads:

Psychic Bean Sheep - Kinda random, as always, but uncounterclaimed Psychologist, so more or less, confirmed town

Paul25 - Apparently the N2 investigation target of Bean, I think he is town for reasons independent of that. I like his appearance in early D2 as an initiator and gave some level of contribution. I don't quite like his reasons for voting Cataline, but it feels natural coming from him. Others have noted how he made some mistakes in his analysis, but from the way he posts, I don't feel like he has any hidden agenda nor do I feel like he would outright make those mistakes as mafia to gain town credit (I believe it's called dumbtelling).

Andracass - Cass has been the N1 target of Bean, so I'm inclined to believe she's town primarily for this and the chances of a coincidential same night kill are relatively lesser. I find her vote on me then a switch on Sailboat then a return to me last day suspicious because she never stated any reasons even a simple one liner while her D3 is... underwhelming and weird. Despite that, I'm inclined to think she's town because her reactions are natural and I don't think she'd say that she could look overly suspicious if she unvoted nor would she just say Lia's town as mafia.

Nicki - Overall, she has been quite cryptic with her posting on D2 with trying to shade different players without really pursuing it or giving elaboration to it and it's pulling red flags to me; however, decidedly, her reason and timing for her vote on Cataline is decent, but my primary reason for lowering my suspicion on her is that this is far different from her typical scum game where she appears to be contributing by making repackaged summaries of how the day went and/or posting filler a lot more.

ZeroPassion - ZeroPassion hasn't really made much noteworthy contributions in the game, but I feel that they probably wouldn't start a random vote as mafia on Day 1 and their response to it seemed natural. I also liked their observation on Sailboat. I don't have much to make a basis on reading them, but I think they're town, although lower than most other people.

Walpurgis - As I noted in a previous read, she feels to be playing a very low profile from how she behaved in Day 1 to early Day 2. Going by her Day 2, she seems to have hard defended Bok and I'm inclined to think unfavorably of her for that. Aside from that though, I don't like how she shaded Nicki on that same day, but did not try to act on it or elaborate it further. I feel like their early D3 posts have a weird feeling from them and I don't like her vote on Nicki. It seems opportunistic and there isn't much justification given to it.

Sailboat - Candy seemed towny and all from when they came in, but Sailboat's entry is weird after looking at it. The first thing they say into the game is talk about what they felt about specific roles and the D1 choice. Given Sailboat's playstyle, it could be excusable that he didn't give any reads or observations of the game, but I don't like how he spends more of the game trying to justify the vigilante or how he simply gave a cryptic comment on his reads but never gave a follow up on that at all. 

[Vote] Sailboat

• Global Mods

🤷‍♀️ Admittedly, these past few days have been tough for me (irl) and as such, I haven't really felt much motivation in games. So if you want to lynch me based on my lack of contribution, this is me explaining why. I'm going to keep my vote on Zero for now, but only because I haven't really been able to really detect scum or scummy behaviour anywhere else and I'm not allowed to abstain. I won't ask for anyone to sub in as I actually plan to contribute more in the next coming days.

Fastest way to prove myself is death. Ngl am busy irl and have to post on mobile. Excuse for misspell. 

Anyway,

[Eliminate]dive

Nice bus

• Veterans

You pretty much did a complete 180 on me, with little to no actual change in behavior on my part. I made four posts between when you criticized Lia for excusing my actions and when you said that you were thinking more favorably, and nothing that I said between those times was terribly relevant/significant- other than where I stated that you might just want me dead.

You didn't just do a 180 on me, though, you did a 180 on my detractors, too- immediately after your abrupt change of heart, you suspected Bean and Cat for jumping on the bandwagon that you started. 

Beyond that, your reads on both days make arbitrary judgments about whether or not some person's action is scummy. The best case of this today would be that Nicki's cryptic messages put out red flags but aren't scummy, yet sailboat's cryptic messaging is a problem. It would imply that your reads are primarily a way to gain favor- though they're not inherently wrong. 

I believe I've seen this before. People do seem to like lists.

(The statements made by Alaris and Lia yesterday also still apply.)

@andracass First of all, you should read things more carefully. NGL I'm frustrated with how people try to twist my own words to their own convenience. Primarily I'm townreading you for just happening to be Bean's N1 investigation. If we go by the chances of you committing a kill as mafia, the chances are effectively so lower that you have to be virtually lucky to commit the kill on that night. I see no reason for Bean to lie about that. Second, the off-hand possibility of you being mafia even with that investigation does exist and you're reasonably scummy for different reasons. The reason why I disregard that is that I feel like you're openly wolfing. I've seen such behavior twice in different games and both times, it ended up being someone who is town.

As for your second paragraph, did you want me to not see reason and just tunnel you for no good reasons despite seeing that you probably weren't mafia from rereading? I did suspect Bean and Cat because they had really bad votes if you look at their reasons and why they did so; nevertheless, it wasn't enough grounds for me to want to lynch them given their actions.

On your third paragraph, I don't like how you're simplifying my reasons for reading them as so and disregarding everything else I said. The reason why there is a difference between Sailboat and Nicki is their personality and playstyle; I've played enough with Nicki to feel like her posts don't come from a scum perspective and though it may be a weak reason, I find it valuable because that's how I understand her. Sailboat, on the other hand, had reasonably cryptic posts, but he does this as either alignment and the way he doesn't give a follow-up to this and the way he spends most of his time spending analysis on roles and not giving even a speckle of observation is making me think he's scum. Reread their posts and you'll see exactly how different they are.

DAY 3 - OVER

Your Votes

Nicki    (2): Bean, Lia
Zero     (1): Nicki
Sail     (3): Paul, Amine Dive, Zero
Dive     (2): Sail, Cass

Sailboat is getting lynched. He was Megan Trawn 97w3sJf.jpg

Vanilla Town

PLAYER LIST

01. Paul25

02. Alistair --> Cataline - Vanilla Town [D2]

03. Corso --> L'Belle - Vanilla Town [N1]

04. Purplecicada

05. Walpurgis

06. Psychic Sheep

07. Mazino Divergent

08. Andracass

09. Candy --> Sailboat - Vanilla Town [D3]

10. Alaris - Vigilante [N2]

11. Bok Choi - Mafia Goon [N2]

12. Mr. Knightly - Vanilla Town [N1]

13. Zero Passion

Paul gets a yellow card for not meeting post requirements.

Sheep gets a yellow card for posting when the thread is locked.

Night 3 has begun.

The Thread is Locked.

You have 25 hours.

HmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[ELIMINATE] WALPURGIS