[IC] PMD: Explorers of Dusk [Not Accepting Sign-Ups]

Newt

Sparks kept a gem to himself and distributed the others on his comrades. "You all did well c-comrades!" He walked over to the chest and took a peek, "Oh an eviolite, I believe Leo can use that, or you Edwin, you both have the lenthiest and most unpredictable evolution processes."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Well well well~ Talk about plot twists. And here I thought good-lookin' steel right here was going to save us all," Leo shrugged. "Even then, not bad for a first fight. It was pretty intense, even without the epic explosion!"

Leo went back to playing with his petals, as he heard Elías wondering whether opening the mysterious chest would be a good idea. The sound of it opening grabbed his attention, and he turned to see Elías pushing over the open chest so everyone could see the water stone, eviolite and 100P.

"Ack, boring. I need a shiny stone to evolve, not a water stone," Leo pointed his lips.

Edwin's suggestion about the eviolite made him think for a brief moment.

"You, my friend and saviour are still on your first evolution, so you should have the eviolite for extra protection," he said, winking at Edwin. "If you want to thank my generosity, you can give me a gentle kiss... but be careful not to chop me with your sharp edge~"

Altasal stared at the water stone, lost in thought about it. "I wonder? Why is it a water stone? I don't believe it holds actual water in it.... Does it hold the sea itself? Would breaking it open spout water if unkind amounts. Why must it flow like the sea when it is so far away? Is it actually just just a solid liquid? Maybe it is from the Water Queen's scale?"

Altasal grabbed her head and shook it like she had a headache. She stared at everyone with a confused look before realization set through her mind. "Oh, oh my. I am so sorry for rambling like I always do. I really don't know why I do. I apologize in advance if I do I again. I wish I could have done more that fight, but I forced you to intervene on my behalf and I wasted two of our berries... But everything is fine. I think that... Leo?... should get the Eviolite for now. Currently you seem to be able to jump in and survive attacks just fine. Besides, Leo doesn't have immunities like you do." 

Leo took the water stone, which glistened in his petal hands. After inspecting it closely, he turned the stone back to Altasal.

"Actually, you have a point there. I wonder what that stone is made of. If it were hard water, that'd just be ice. If it's water, it should be liquid. What a world full of wonders do we live in."

He said, and went back to counting the number of petals on each of his hands, for he wasn't sure how to react to Altasal's sudden change of tone.

Puzzled by Sparks' mimicry of his own words and blushing imperceptibly thanks to Leo's flirting, Edwin glanced confusedly at one, then the other, before snapping to his senses and replying to Altasal.

"Yes, you are making a good point indeed. Which is a pleasant surprise, if I may. I don't mind if Leo holds on to the Eviolite for now."

Hiding his embarrassment with an awkward cough, made all the more awkward by the Honedge's blatant lack of a respiratory system, Edwin hovered closer to the northwestern door and stared at it with focus, only to find this door to be... well, a door.

Altasal tuned out and stared at the door and narrowed her eyes as she scrutinized it intently. "Oh, this door is quite nice... it seems they have taken measures against burglary it seems. First an alarm, now this door. It's locked by the way. It's quite a nice door, wouldn't look out of place in.... Wait, what am I saying? When did I become a door salesman? Sorry. But yes, it is locked tight. I don't think I can bring it down, although I don't know if we want to. Locks either keep something in or keep others out. We could check the rest of the floor and come back here later, theoretically. Or we could just do it now. I don't think I would be able to open it though,"

"Y-yeah o-opening the door n-now won't be a wise idea" Said Sparks, then he turned to face the door this door seems suspicious, i'd love to get it open, maybe there is a tasty power outlet behind it yum~ He stares at the door for a bit, then looks at Altasal and says "Should we leave now and come back later?" Sparks pondered the risks. They could very well be heading to a trap, that door was closed for a reason, they couldn't risk opening it just yet. Though there is always the chance that they're just overthinking it and there is nothing to worrying behind the door.

"Well, there is the corridor and the stairs we didn't take, but I was hoping we would get there or to the other side of that door we saw at the beginning if we continued going forward." Said Elías, glad that the eviolite didn't cause too much trouble. "There might not even be a need to forcefully open that door, maybe the other one is open."
He thinks for a second. "Well... And we are going to fully explore the floor anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter that much what way we take."

Leo shook his head slowly, as he received the Eviolite.

"Oh well, that's what I guess for trying to be generous for once," he stuck out his tongue, and played with the pink pebble by tossing it around. "Not that I was being generous to get a lovely kiss."

He then winked at Edwin, and followed to store the Eviolite in his red flower.

The mere act of doing so, however, made him feel much more stronger, as though his outer leaf layer had suddenly gained double its original thickness. A similar feeling to what he had experienced that one time he drank Fer's brother's Iron and Zinc special mix. Perhaps the pebble wasn't something to trifle with: it seemed to hijack his physique to enhance his defense.

"Not that I need much defense, since all that matters is my offense," he shrugged, and now winked to Elías. "I'll follow your lead, my sweet spider."

The group, after resting for one hour and recovering HP, decided to take the northeast door that was unlocked, and follow to the east. Without walking too much, the group arrives at a small room.

There, they find two other shadow pokemon, a Swalot and a Simisear, who frighteningly turned their heads to look at the group.

With the zombie expression on its face, the Simisear automatically launches a Flame Burst at the group, who were standing near the entrance.

Battle Start!

Spoiler

HP:
Altasal (59/59) 

Edwin (49/49)

Elías (47/47)

Leo (50/50)

Sparks (52/52)

Swalot (74/74)

Simisear (64/64)

Spoiler

Initiative:

Simisear (49)

Leo (37)

Sparks (37)

Swalot (31)

Altasal (28) 

Edwin (19)

Elías (13)

Spoiler

Map:

image.png.911856bdd21c6c5ff5caa11166e1d2b3.png

"Wowow, chill my dude. This room is getting flaming hot and it's not because of my charms," Leo winked at no one in particular, as he readied to defend himself from a certainly hurtful fire attack.

However, upon a quick discussion with the group, it was decided that they would try something different.

"Team 3 unite! Combine our forces and intercept," he shouted.

[Combined Interception]

[Leo intercepts flame burst with extrasensory, rolled 25]

Sparks was about to talk to Elias when suddenly a couple of shadow pokémon appeared, a Swalot and a Simisea. Without wasting time, the oversized fire monkey launched a Flame Burst at Sparks and his teammates. Leo was quick to take a decision and asked everyone to combine their attacks and intercept the Flame Burst. Sparks hurled an Electroweb [Intercepting, rolled 16] at the filthy Simisear that dared stand in their way and rudely attack them.

Leo and Sparks' combined attack was enough to dissipate Simisear's Flame Burst, and in return, they hit it for a great deal of damage, dealing a total of 56 HP damage. The Simisear is knocked back a considerable distance, and is trying to get up.

The Swalot, whose was more behind in the room, had no much other choices, and so sprayed poisonous gas towards the group. Swalot used Poison Gas!

Spoiler

HP:
Altasal (59/59) 

Edwin (49/49)

Elías (47/47)

Leo (50/50)

Sparks (52/52)

Swalot (74/74)

Simisear (8/64)

Altasal stared down the bulbous Swalot and started coughing as the gas wafted into her nose. "Something about this is familiar, but is completely wrong. This is such an unacceptable fragrance, it stains my memory."

Altasal unleashed a bolt of electricity from her wool at the Swalot.(rolled a 21 to attack Swalot with a Thunder Shock.)

Unable to even perceive the noxious mist emanating from the Swalot, Edwin formed a hand with his cloth and waved his index finger in a seemingly disapproving manner. "Oh, no, no, that will absolutely not do. My sincerest thanks for the protection, comrades; I shall make sure to return the favor when possible and applicable."

Edwin then begins his usual combat ritual, mystically sharpening his blade. [Edwin uses Swords Dance]

Still surprised by the flame burst Elías doesn't notice the cloud of poison directed towards them. "*cof* oh, oo this doesn't feel good *cof*

He then proceeds to launch a bubble beam towards the Simisear, hoping to finish it off, but he coughs in the middle of the attack due to the poisonous mist surrounding him and his attack comes off awkwardly, but since the Simisear is still on the ground it doesn't matter too much. [Elías uses Bubble beam on the Simisear, rolls an 18]

Still trying to get up from Leo and Sparks' attack, the Simisear didn't even have time to breathe as he was soon attacked again by Elías. Simisear even attempted to dodge, but failed miserably, and turned into a a gem, disappearing in the smoke. The gem he turned into was a bit bigger than the ones the group had found before, a medium gem.

Spoiler

HP:
Altasal (55/59) PSN

Edwin (49/49)

Elías (44/47) PSN

Leo (50/50)

Sparks (49/52) PSN

Swalot (74/74)

Simisear (0/64)

"What are you guys talking about? This is just aromatic smell," Leo said, taking a good breath of the poisonous gas.

Given that Sparks had collected all the shadow gems till now, Leo pointed at the gem on the floor and waved to Sparks to come get it.

"Well then, let's show this purple jelly what this handsome lad can do," he said and aimed an extrasensory at the Swalot, but tripped when he tried to strike a cool pose.

[Leo uses extrasensory at Swalot, rolled 7]

Sparks was lost in his thoughts, but the horrible fragrance of the opposing Swalot's Poison Gas snapped him back to reality. He coughed, and looked at the Simisear, preparing to attack when Elias managed to knock it out with a Bubble beam. From the corner of his eye, he saw Leo pointing towards .what was a Shadow Simisear a few moments ago. Using the opportunity that Altasal had given him by attacking the Swalot, he scurried towards the medium sized gem and grabbed it, then returned to his position, among his teammates. Take a deep breath, Sparks let out a horrible and deafening Screech that he did his best to focus on the opposing Swalot.

The Swalot feels the extrasensory coming towards him, but due to Leo's awkward stumble, it only barely grazes his purple skin, giving him a measly 7 HP damage. Recovering almost immediately, it opens its mouth wide and sends a spray of acid in Elías' direction. As soon as it does this however, an ear-splitting screech sends Swalot reeling.
Swalot used Acid Spray.

Spoiler

Altasal (55/59) PSN

Edwin (49/49)

Elías (46/49) PSN

Leo (50/50)

Sparks (46/52) PSN

Swalot (67/74)

Simisear (0/64)

Edited by Bok Choi

Altasal turned and stared as the dull yet somehow appealingly colorful spray of acid flew by. "Hmm, it's quite dull and interesting. It doesn't even shine in the torch light. Hmm? Shouldn't that hurt the Swalot too? It is possible to use that against them, so wouldn't it take damage upon spewing it out? Maybe it produces a unique acid? Is every acid a different color for different Pokémon? So shiny Swalot produce shiny acid? This just gets curiouser and curiouser."

Altasal stared the Swalot dead in the eye, matching its dead oblivious stare with one of her own. She didn't blink as she launched a thunder shock(rolled an 8 )

Edited by DigitalAmber

Feeling invigorated by his martial rituals, Edwin turned towards the seemingly braindead Swalot and exclaimed "Now is the time for you to feel my wrath, cur!" before slashing at it.

[Edwin uses Pursuit on Swalot, rolled 12]

Elías braces for the impact and manages to take the hit decently well. "Urk, poison type attacks are disgusting. I'm starting to feel dizzy." [Elías takes 5 damage, his special defense harshly fell]
He then launches a bubble beam towards the Swalot, but the dizziness makes it more difficult than usual. [Elías uses Bubble beam on Swalot, rolls an 8]

Leo felt a little ashamed of the weak extrasensory attack from earlier, though he tried not to show it. This time he focused a little better to not let the team down once again.

[Leo used Extrasensory on Swalot, rolled 17]

Sparks stared at the purple Acid Spray, and tried to dodge but tripped and got hit [his special defense harshly dropped]. Upon seeing his teammates attack, he charged up his electricity, and hurled an Electroweb [Electroweb, rolled 21] on the ugly blob.