[IC] PMD: Explorers of Dusk [Not Accepting Sign-Ups]

Newt

Seeing how the beedrill flies towards Altasal in attack position, Elías takes the rapid spin ignoring the drilbur [Elías takes 5 damage] and launches himself between the attack and his companion. [Elías uses bug bite to block the drill run and succeeds, dealing 11 damage to the Beedrill]

"I've got your back!"

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"My hero," Leo kissed Edwin on the cloth. "Don't worry, I'm not wearing lipstick. As you already know, this is all natural beauty."

He paused for a second to examine his options. Two of the three opponents were still pretty healthy, though the machoke, who received his attack and Edwin's interception, was wobbling from side to side.

I would try to take down the drilbur, whose ground type attacks are a threat to Edwin and Altasal, he reasoned. But I know I'm not strong enough, and the opponent is at full health!

He gritted his teeth as he made the decision. He aimed another extrasensory at the fighting type.

[Leo used extrasensory at Machoke, rolled 25]

Sparks, irritated that the Beedrill dodged his screech, focused his electricity and hurled an Electroweb (rolled 21) at the ugly bee. [Sparks used Electroweb]

"You will n-not stop me, fiend!" Said Sparks courageously.

"But- but you're in front of me? This Beedril is just jealous of my rock. It's my rock." 

Altasal concentrated on her rocks and could have sworn she saw sparks fly as she charger her wool. She let out a mediocre thunder shock and gasped and stared at her rock as she backpedaled from any potential attack. Had her rock potentially nullified her attack? Maybe it absorbed electricity? Was it a Sparkrock? Or was she making a thunder stone without realizing it?  ( Thunder Shock rolled a 13 and failed to paralyze, rolled a 13 for dodging any attempted attack.)

Being targeted by two attacks, the Beedrill tried to protect itself from the first one, Sparks's Electroweb, reducing some damage taken, losing 9 HP. The Beedrill, though, was vulnerable to Altasal's Thunder Shock, and got directly hit by it, taking 12 damage. Angered by the attacks, the Beedrill charges towards Sparks, using Twineedle.

A Forretress appeared from the corridor, and the team was starting to getting surrounded by both sides. The Forretress tried to attack the closest one to it, that was Edwin. Forretress used Bug Bite on Edwin.

The Drilbur, from the other side of the small corridor, quickly dug a hole, using Dig, and disappearing from the surface.

Meanwhile, a Shellos appearead from the room, and used Mud Bomb. A big ball of mud is throw against Leo, who had just used Extrasensory on the Machoke, instantly killing it. The Machoke disappears in some sort of purple smoke, and turns into a small gem.

Spoiler

Initiative:

Leo (36)

Sparks (35)

Altasal (26)

Beedrill (22)

Forretress (21)

Drilbur (20)

Shellos (19)

Edwin (18)

Machoke (15)

Elías (12)

Spoiler

HP:

Beedrill (21/53)

Drilbur (51/51)

Machoke (0/58)

Forretress (57/57)

Shellos (57/57)

Altasal (55/55) 

Edwin (45/47)

Elías (43/47)

Leo (47/47)

Sparks (50/50)

Evaluating the newly arrived Forretress as a minor threat, Edwin ignored its attack and chose to focus on the other assailants. His unique eye blinked rapidly as Drilbur burrowed its way underground!

"Oh no... this is bad, this is really bad indeed" thought the Honedge with an anxious twitch of his cloth.

He then saw it; Beedrill was rushing straight towards Sparks, threatening him with his sharp stings!

"How many times must I teach you this lesson, you mindless beasts!"

Edwin propelled himself between Sparks and the Beedrill, and opposed his blade to the bug's stings.

"THOU SHALT NOT HARM MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ARMS!"

Edwin's blade sliced right through the Beedrill's body, negating its attack and making the creature vaporize into a noxious mist. Where it once stood, was only a small shadow gem on the ground.

[Edwin intercepts Beedrill's attack and deals 35 damage, killing it.]

Catching his breath after defeating the foe, Edwin was reminded of the Drilbur's threat by a strange, scratching noise below the group's feet, and chose to get closer to Elías who would be better able to resist the incoming attack than him.

"Edwin, hover over me! That way it will be impossible for an attack from under the ground to reach you." Suggested Elías, noticing the situation his partner, unable to dodge attacks at all, was in. "And don't worry about me, I will be able to take the hit without any problem."

Identifying the Shellos as a potential annoyance due to its ability to absorb water attacks, Elías jumps towards it and tries to use bug bite on it. [Elías uses Bug bite on Shellos, rolled 10]

Uh-oh, a bomb of mud is coming my way, Leo thought as he quickly used mega drain to intercept it.

However, because of the mud blocking his vision, he wasn't able to take a good look at where to aim. His only hope was that aiming arbitrarily would land the attack on the Shellos.

[Mega Drain on Shellos, but it misses and receives 10 damage instead]

Sparks, seeing the Beedrill finally die and transform into a small gem which he picked up. I'll have to give this to Edwin later, since he landed the finishing blow he thought for a moment, then he proceeded to hurl one more Electroweb at the Shellos [Sparks used Electroweb, rolled 13] and said " Thou shalt be punished for thy sins evil creature!"

Altasal stared at the freshly arrived Shellos with a look of utter disgust. "No. Get out now. That is my color, not yours. I hope this doesn't offend you too much, but you needed to know. The Beedril tried to be yellow and ended up.... dead. We already have Grey, Green, Blue, Yellow, and Pink. I am Pink, not you. At least your allies respected that, they are red and black. Even Sitra had the decency to be a different shade, but not you. You just had to be my color."

Electric energy unleashed from Altasal towards the Shellos(rolled a 17). She continued to backpedal as she shot, weary of the hidden Drillbur, but kept tripping over her tail whilst doing so(rolled a 4 for dodging) 

The Forretress who had been ignored by Edwin, turned its attention to Elías, who was also close. The Forretress looked at Elías, and launched a wave of small stars at his direction. Forretress used Swift.

The Shellos though, ignored Elías's Bug Bite, that dealt 16 damage, and focused at the Electroweb coming into its direction. To intercept it, the Shellos used Mud Bomb, completely destroying the Electroweb, and hit Sparks with it, dealing 15 damage.  But as the Shellos was focused at Sparks, it didn't see Altasal's Thunder Shock coming, and got directly struck by it, receiving 26 damage.

As for the Drilbur, it was searching for someone to use Dig, when it heard the Thunder Shock being launched right from above. The Drilbur found its target, and appared right below of Altasal, who even tried to dodge by reaction, but failed and got hit by the Drilbur's supereffective move, receiving 50 damage. 

Spoiler

HP:

Beedrill (0/53)

Drilbur (51/51)

Machoke (0/58)

Forretress (57/57)

Shellos (15/57)

Altasal (5/55) !

Edwin (41/47)

Elías (43/47)

Leo (37/47)

Sparks (35/50)

As relieved to not have taken the Drilbur's attack as he was, Edwin certainly hadn't wished it on poor, naive Altasal. Seeing her stumbling, heavily damaged and on the verge of fainting, he exclaimed "We need to settle this, quickly!"

Edwin then charges against the Shellos and attempts to cut it down. [Edwin uses Fury Cutter on Shellos, rolled 19]

Elías braces for the impact, but Forretress' attack feels like a gentle breeze. [Elías takes 1 damage]

Hoping that his partner's hit had taken care of the Shellos Elías throws a Bubble beam at the Drilbur, but he doubts for a moment. [Elías uses Bubble beam on Drilbur, rolls 5]

"Ughh" Said Sparks as he was hit by some of the Mud Bomb that the Shellos used to intercept his electric web. " I will not give up! take this you fool" Said Sparks as he hurlet yet another Electroweb at the unsuspecting Shellos [Sparks used Electroweb, rolled 10]

Altasal pulled herself up and scolded her tail for tripping her in such a dire moment. You really couldn't trust tails these days. They had a tendency to appear in the most absurd places to trip you up. The poor injured Flaaffy let out a bleet and held her rock in her hand. She stared sadly at it. "It's been a good run, ThunderSpark Rock. It's been a good run. But only the good die young, please forgive me." Altasal shoved the rock in her wool  as she stumbled away from the Drillbur. She harnessed her electricity and shot a bolt of electricity towards the Shellos who dared remain pink. Altasal pulled her rock out from her wool, shook the electric charge off,, and threw it at the Drillbur with a sorrowful expression

(Rolled a 6 for thunder shock on the Shellos a nat 20(2 damage) on the Drillbur, and a 14 for potential dodging.)

The Shellos even tried to defend itself from Edwin's Fury Cutter, and even if it managed to negate some damage, got right by Sparks' Electroweb and Altasal's Thunder Shock, instantly dying and turning in a small gem. 

As for the Drilbur, who was being targeted by Elías and Leo, tried to dodge their attacks, but Altasal's rock hit it, distracting the Drilbur, who has been struck by the Bubble Beam, and the attack was enough to kill it. Just like the others, Drilbur disappears in a purple smoke, turning into a small gem. Leo's Mega Drain didn't manage to hit it before it died.

The Ferrotress though, tired of getting ignored, starts to charge energy around it. Ferrotress uses Self-destruct! It is charging energy and preparing itself to explode! 

"Ohhhh, that's cool! What will you do?~"

Sitra seems to be.. eating popcorn while she watches the group.

Spoiler

Beedrill (0/53)

Drilbur (0/51)

Machoke (0/58)

Forretress (57/57)

Shellos (0/57)

Altasal (5/55) !

Edwin (41/47)

Elías (43/47)

Leo (37/47)

Sparks (35/50)

Confronted to the imminent danger, Edwin barely had time to think at all before propelling himself forward, slamming right into the Forretress.

"EVERYONE FALL BACK!"

[Edwin pushes the exploding Forretress away from the group, rolled 17]

"Well this is the end my dear comrades," Leo said. "Who wants to die kissing the handsomest rose on this planet?"

No one raised their hand, and Leo ran into the room like everyone was instructed to do, hoping he'd have a chance to survive and have a proper first kiss later.

Sparks, seeing Edwin slam his blade into the Forretress, that glowed and was about to use Explosion, quickly gathered the small gems and crawled away to hide behind a wall the room. "Now, we dont have to worry about these gems shattering or anything" He said in a low voice.

Altasal ran into the room that the Pokémon had come from in an effort to get away from the explosion. Altasal leaned against the wall and stuffed an Oran berry in her mouth. The one given to her by Elias followed soon after.

"Edwin! Tell me how colorful the explosion is!"

Edited by DigitalAmber

After everyone headed to the close room, and Edwin was successfully pushing the Forretress away from the others, it was close to explode when...

"Juuuuuuuuust kidding." Sitra finishes eating her popcorn and approaches the glowing Forretress, pushing Edwin aside. Sitra raises her right arm, and punches the Forretress. Sitra's fist pass through its iron skin, almost reaching the other side of its body. For one second, the Forretress stops glowing, right before turning into a small gem, falling to the ground.

"Aaaand done! Ok everyone, it's safe to go out."

The members who were hiding in the room go back to the hallway, and everyone looks surprised and confused.

"Don't worry, this doesn't count as me helping you. Y'know, Merlin would go nuts at me if this place was destroyed, and after all, even if it exploded, y'll would be safe. And don't look at me like that! I just did it so Merlin won't kick my ass later! Now you still have a mission to complete, so move!"

Victory!

Everyone leveled up!

In the room, right below the bell which was used as an alarm, there is a old looking chest. Three others doors can be seen, one at each corner of the room. No more sounds coming from shadow pokemon can be heard.

Spoiler

Serenity Ruins B1F - Map

image.png.dd8713ef52d215973e6abc00719e09d5.png

"Thanks for pushing back that Forretress, Edwin!" Elías looks around and notices the old, mossy chest in the middle of the room. "I hope this isn't another trap..."
He warily gets close to the chest and opens it. Inside he finds an eviolite, a water stone and 100p. "Woah, look at this! I hope this eviolite doesn't cause much trouble... I'll resign taking it. I feel close to evolving, so it will stop being useful for me soon."

Somewhat surprised by Sitra's intervention, Edwin stammered: "Oh! Uh... M-my thanks, lady Sitra. I wouldn't have been harmed by the explosion, but I would have loathed to see my cloth blackened or tarnished."

Hovering silently in the next room, where Elías had opened a chest located right in the middle, Edwin approached and peeked over his companion's head.

"By the shield of my father! Is this an Eviolite? It would benefit greatly to any of us... although, if I may, I think Leo and I have the lengthiest and most unpredictable evolution process. Whoever gets to hold on to it for now, it might be best for us to agree on whom shall receive its benefits later on."