[IC] PMD: Explorers of Dusk [Not Accepting Sign-Ups]

Newt

Startled by the sudden screams Elías wakes up. "What?! I-I don't usually oversleep but yesterday was an intense day and-" Sitra is gone. Elías gets up and quickly grabs his things and gets ready. "Edwin! I'm glad you are alright, you took directly a really strong hit. After that, I hit Alcott with a bubble beam and Julliene was able to take him out with a drill peck, so our team won 2-0. If I had realized Alcott was able to hit you with his fighting moves I would have tried to intercept that attack myself. Thank you for helping us, you are strong and reliable, I'm glad to be on the same team as you."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sitra's shouting also jolted Leo awake.

"I swear that prank wasn't mine," he said in a rather loud voice. "Wait where am I? I was at home moments ago."

Slowly, his memory started to come back. The competition, the guild.

"Ah would you look at that. I guess I was half asleep," Leo scratched his head.

He spotted Edwin, Sparks and Elías talking. The sword had looked as though he wouldn't be able to move a muscle last evening, but now seemed to be in pristine condition. Leo took his belongings and patted Edwin as he exited the room.

"I enjoyed watching your fight," he said. "Hope that won't be the last."

Altasal pulled herself begrudgingly out of the cozy bed and made sure to grab her stuff. "Edwin gets to sleep all day and I get yelled at for sleeping? These people truly are backwards. It seems this scarf is not actually will though. I can't quite put my finger on it? Maybe a cashmere or silk or cotton mix? A Cheshire scarf."

Altasal wandered over to her awakened teammates. 

"It seems we were almost late for an important date. A simple dungeon exploration will be easy, I guess. I think I did stuff like this before. Glad to see you enjoyed your nap."

Puzzled by Altasal's remark, Edwin replied: "In a sense, I did get to sleep more than you, but it wasn't exactly a choice, and I wouldn't call it a nap. Regardless! Thank you for your nice compliments, Elías. I am most pleased to be in the same team as you. You, too, performed excellently yesterday. And don't worry, dear Leo, we should have many occasions to watch each other fight."

Making sure he had all his belongings with him, and adjusting his newly acquired scarf (which was fortunately rather well-assorted to his cloth), Edwin hovered through the door.

"Let us see what lady Sitra has in store for us!"

June 7, 8:17 AM

After the group was done talking and getting ready, everyone heads outside, as Sitra said. There, they see Sitra, and behind her, a carriage, attached to two Mudsdale.

"What are you waiting for? Hurry up!" 

The group get up on the carriage, and the two Mudsdale starts to run.

"Ok, so lemme do the boring supervisor stuff and explain to you your job today. As we already said yesterday, this will be just a test to see you you dumbasses will be able to go on exploring missions. Your only job is to clear this dungeon, killing all shadow pokemon inside. Also, as I know some of you probably will make drama about killing other pokemon, don't worry. They don't have emotions, they don't talk, and when they die they transform in shadow gems that I mentioned yesterday."

The carriage leaves the city, entering the plains. 

"The dungeon you are going to clear is called Serenity Ruins, and is supposed to be connected to some ancient pokemon that I forgot the name and it doesn't matter right now. Oh yeah, before I forget, take this."

Sitra handles to the group some lunches.

"This is your breakfast, now you better eat it, because I don't want to save your asses because you are too hungry to do something!" Sitra jokingly says, before continuing to explain.

"Oh and before I forget! I'm not going to help you find the way or fight. I'm only going to interfere if you are going to get killed, and if this happens, you pretty much failed at the test. I will just watch you guys to see who is best fit to be the leader, because as you may know, I won't go to the missions with you."

The carriage enters in a valley. A big lake can be seen from afar.

"Ok, we're almost there! Oh yeah, if you haven't noticed, there are 3 Oran Berries in you backpacks. If you feel hungry or get hurt, just eat it."

June 7, 10:12 AM

The carriage stops, and Sitra, together with the group, leaves it. Near to it, there's a big stone door covered in moss. Behind the group, there's a giant lake, with a crystal clear water.

Sitra approaches one of the Mudsdale, giving it some money. The carruage then turns around, walking back from the way it came.

"What? Did you think we would go back with them? Of course not! I'm not a money fountain!" Sitra says while laughing, and approaches the big door.

"Also, one more thing! Merlin said that we need to be careful, because this place is too old and can easily collapse."

Sitra then kicks the big old door, blasting it open. The group looks at her with a disappointed expression.

"What? Stop looking at me like that and go do your job! I will enter right behind you~"

With the door now blasted open, the group can see a little inside. A big stair leading down can be seen, but the place is too dark to see what is at the end of it. The group starts to walk down the stair, and arrives at a corridor.

There are some lit torches at the walls, making enough light to see the corridor. To the south, there is a door, just like the one from the entrance, but smaller. To the north the corridor keeps going. You can see that a bit ahead, it turns to the right. And of course, behind you, there is the stair that leads to the outside.

What direction will you take?

"I think knowing what ancient pokemon these ruins are connected to would have been interesting, that might have given us some information about the place before entering." Said Elías, a bit bothered by Sitra's incompetence. "Hmmm... If we are supposed to fully clear out this dungeon I guess the most efficient way to do it would be going floor by floor, so I think we should investigate this floor first to see if there is any shadow pokemon here. The door seems locked so I vote for the corridor, which ensures that shadow pokemon won't surprise us by coming out from behind our backs. What are your thoughts?" Elías looked at his partners, waiting to hear their thoughts.

Altasal stared into the flickering lights for multiple long moments before turning around and seeing darkness due to the sudden shift in the lighting from her perspective. She lit her tail to provide a small circle of light. She stared long and hard at the door. She noticed it was a door. It was very doorish for a door is such an odd place. It was surprising there was a door there. Altasal walked up to the door and knocked on it before walking away and staring at the corridor that leads into darkness. 

"These lights are so amazing and bright. They just dance so much and so neatly. That door, on the other hand. It's very door-like for a door. It's managed to keep its doorness despite being here for so long. Is it doorness? Maybe it's dooresque? Dooresqueness? That sounds right. It's managed to keep its dooresqueness, unlike that corridor. I wonder what caused this path to lose its dooresqueness?"

The majority chose to follow the corridor instead of trying to break down the door. They walked a considerable distance, until the path splits in two ways. One to the south, where you can't see the end, and one to the west, where it immediately turns to the south.

"Boys, I gotcha backs," Leo said, tapping everyone's backs. "But you know, brainy stuff isn't my cup of tea, so I'll just follow you alright?"

He followed the group through the corridor, which was lit thanks to Altasal's tail. They hadn't walked for 1 minute when he spoke again.

"This is so boring. Where are the enemies? Why aren't they showing up? I'm gonna start sleepwalking at this rate. I wonder if there're gems in this cave. Well I doubt it, if it's a cave that noob explorers are allowed into. Such a shame," at this point, Leo noticed his comrades were looking at him with visible displeasure. "What? If I don't do something, I'm gonna fall asleep from boredom."

Leo deliberately yawned to make the point.

Mostly ignoring Leo's babbling, Edwin glanced back in direction of the door they had left locked, with some regret. There was no telling what kind of loot, trial or encounter there could have been behind it.

Looking in front of him again, he saw another split.

"Hmm... I think we should explore the short corridor that immediately turns south, first, but in any case I'll follow the majority. It probably wouldn't do to split up so early."

The group decides to follow straight south. After some time walking, the corridor turns to the west, and they walk more, until they find a path, leading to stairs that supposedly will take them to the next floor. As the objective is to clear the dungeon, they can't go there yet, and instead, keep walking the corridor, until it splits in two ways again. 

The majority decided to take the nearest split to the north, where they find a door, looking like the one from before, but less mossy. Sounds can be heard coming the other side of the door.

Sitra appears to be bored, and yawns.

"Ugh, this is so boring! I knew Merlin would give us the most boring dungeon. They are probably having fun right now!"

Altasal wandered over near the door and stared at one of the torches before following a sudden noise to the door. She froze mid turn and her eyes narrowed with resolve as she intently stared at the door. The stars had seemingly aligned: Fate was being too generous at the moment. The haze was gone, the slight tint that colored everything differently absent. Almost as if triggered by that realization, the light haze returned, obscuring nothing and changing everything. Altasal shook her head as if to shake off a headache before walking over to the door and knocking on it. She walked in front of Elias.   "These noises are absolutely annoying. I can't focus on the torches with them happening. Could you stop growling in there? Oh my, wait, has someone tried to burgle this place? They tried to burgle this place and left the door unlocked. You don't have to be angry at me, I'm not here to burgle you." A somewhat louder growl can be heard in response. "I thought I said not to be angry with me. Maybe the burglar is growling? Regardless, I think I have done this before? I don't really know."

Altasal opens the door to the extent where her tail could poke through the opening of she wished, which she didn't at the moment, concentrated on the electrical tingling in her fur and let loose a decent sized thunder wave through the opening. She hoped it hit at least one burglar. She jumped back away from the opening, which was somewhat open still. (Thunder wave on any opponents she could hit in the room, 16)

The moment Altasal opened the door, tics could be heard coming from the walls.

Tic. Tic. Tic. Tic. Tic. Tic.

Din Don Din Don Din Don!

An absurdly loud bell ring could be heard coming from inside the room. 

The grunts inside the room now became much more agitated and more near to the door. A scream of pain could also be heard, probably from what Altasal's Thunder Wave hitted.

Not only that, but the same sort of noises are now coming from the corridors, and appears to be getting closer.

Sitra facepalms while laughing.

"Oh, ancient alarms! So obvious but so effective! Hahahahahahah! What will you do now?"

Elías quickly shoots sticky webs into the room in front of him. "The nearest shadow pokemon were behind this door, it should take the others a while to reach us, so let's focus on these first.

After eating his lunch, Sparks followed his companions towards the dungeon. So far, they haven't met any of the so called shadow pokémon, and they didn't find anything of use. The dungeon seemed empty, until they found yet another door, this time Altasal opened it and used a Thunder Wave. Sparks wanted to try and lure out any pokemon that could be lurking in the shadows, so he stood near the door, and threw out an Electroweb (rolled 19)

Edited by Amine Chankey3ft7

"Altasal, no! You should have waited!"

Edwin hastily hovers towards the tail end of the group of adventurers, facing down the corridor where they came from.

"By the blades of my ancestors, they're everywhere! I'll try to intercept any enemy coming from behind. I trust you to take care of anything that comes out the door!"

With these words yelled at his comrades, Edwin begins to focus, and hone both his body and mind. [Edwin uses Swords Dance]

"Noice, finally something to do other than walk around aimlessly," Leo rejoined and walked closer to the door. "Make way guys, gimme one sec to..."

He searched his red rose, and found an apple, but it was moldy so he tossed it. He resumed searching and found all sorts of things, mostly trash like paper receipts and tickets which events' dates had already passed. Since he didn't find what he was looking for, he gave a look in his blue rose. After some rustling, he finally grabbed what he needed.

"Aha! I knew I'd brought some leech seeds."

Thus he threw three seeds through the door's opening, and walked back to return Elías and Altasal's front line.

[Leo uses Leech Seed with roll 8]

Altasal yawned, "I didn't realize it was a trapped door! It seems they had anti-burgle alarms, so maybe they weren't burgled? Did I make up the burgle bit? No, there was something, why else would they have an alarm if not to prevent burgles?" 

While rambling on, a small section of Altasal's mind focused on her wool and the charges building up there. That small segment focused on expanding and harnessing that energy.(Altasal used charge)

June 7, 10:36 AM

Sparks's Electro Web hits a pokemon, making it scream in pain, before falling on the ground, while Leo's Leech Seed appeared to hit nothing. 

The noises now were right behind the door, and it starts to tremble, seeming to be receiving impacts from the other side. A loud noise comes from the door, right before shattering into small pieces of rock, going into the team's direction. The down was destroyed.

Elías was too close to the door to be able to dodge the rocks, and is hit by some small bits of it. Elías takes 4 damage.

Edwin was too busy looking for enemies in the corridor to notice the rocks, also getting hit by some of them, although his iron body protected him from most of the damage. Edwin takes 2 damage.

Sparks and Leo elegantly dodge the rocks, while Altasal found a beautiful rock on the ground, bowing down to take it, and luckily avoided a big rock.

Now that the door was destroyed, the team could see what was inside the room.

At the place of the destroyed door, a Machoke, probably the one one who destroyed it, a Drilbur and a Beedrill were standing there, looking at the group. Their eyes don't have pupils, and their faces have no expression. They seem to be caught in Elías's Sticky Web. Behind them, there's a small shadow gem laying on the ground.

Meanwhile, the noises coming from the corridor are getting closer.

Battle Start!

Spoiler

Win Conditions:

• Defeat all enemies

Lose Conditions: 

• Have Sitra help you

Spoiler

Initiative:

Leo (36)

Sparks (35)

Altasal (26)

Beedrill (22)

Drilbur (20)

Machoke (15)

Edwin (18)

Elías (12)

Spoiler

HP:

Beedrill (53/53)

Drilbur (51/51)

Machoke (58/58)

Altasal (55/55) 

Edwin (45/47)

Elías (43/47)

Leo (47/47)

Sparks (50/50)

"It's a bird... it's a plane... no, it's Leo the handsome rose knight, charging at speed of light to steal your heart!"

Leo said, as he dodged the rocks that hit two of his comrades.

"How's that for an intro?" He asked, but did not waited for a reply. "Buff boi zombie, get ready to feel the sensations you seem to lack!"

[Leo uses Extrasensory on Machoke, rolls 21]

Sparks, who was looking at the door, noticed that rocks started to fall down, so he dodged them elegantly with style and grace. While he was fortunate enough to have noticed the rocks, some of his comrades weren't so fortunate and took some damage.

"Comrades!," Said Sparks " Brace yourselves" then he took a deep breath and screeched [Sparks used Screech] (rolled 5)

Altasal ignored the battle around her, instead staring at the rock in her hand. It was truly a nice rock, reflecting a slight bit of the torchlight in its black-grey coloration. It was nicely grained too, having what could be considered a checkerboard pattern if you used your imagination enough. Altasal instantly saw it as such. So entranced by the rock she was, she barely registered the screech. It did enough to snap her back to reality. She looked up and locked eyes with the Beedril. Her eyes narrowed. She could feel the electricity building up in her wool. Maybe the rock amplified it? Maybe the rock hindered it? Even if it was just imaginary, she could have sworn she felt the rock lend its energy as she launched a decent thunder shock at the Beedrill. (Thunder shock attack, rolled a 13)

The Beedrill easily dodged Altasal's Thunder Shock and Spark's Screech, and as a reaction to the intense light made by the Thunder Schock, Beedril uses Drill Run, quickly spinning on the air and going into Altasal's direction.

Drilbur uses Rapid Spin on Elías, who was close to the door, to remove the Sticky Web and inflict a bit of damage. 

Meanwhile, Machoke was trying to defend itself from Leo's Extrasensory, and was able to negate most of the damage. Machoke takes 18 damage. Angry because of the attack, the Machoke decides to attack Leo, running towards him and using Ice Punch.

Spoiler

HP:

Beedrill (53/53)

Drilbur (51/51)

Machoke (40/58)

Altasal (55/55) 

Edwin (45/47)

Elías (43/47)

Leo (47/47)

Sparks (50/50)

Glancing behind is back, Edwin caught a glimpse of pure chaos. A Machoke, a Drilbur and a Beedrill had breached the gate, and were now threatening his companions! The Drilbur was rapidly spinning, projecting fragment of spider webs all over the corridor, the Beedrill was dancing in the air, zooming towards Altasal, and the Machoke, enraged by Leo's attack, was towering him threateningly and readying an ice-cold fist.

Perceiving the imminent danger, Edwin let out a gasp and rushed blade-first between Leo and the Machoke.

"Thou shalt not harm my companion, foul creature!"

*zwing*

A metallic sound can be heard as the shadow pokemon's fist collides with Edwin's finely honed blade. The Sword pokemon, using his foe's strength against himself, let him cut his hand on the edge and pushed him back without mercy.

[Edwin intercepts Machoke's Ice Punch with Fury Cutter and deals 12 damage]