• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, long story time!

First Shiny Seen: Regice

It was Pokemon Ruby Version, my first ever playthrough of my first ever Pokemon game. I was 12 and HAD NEVER SEEN A REGICE BEFORE, so I didn't know it looked different! I mean, if shiny Regice was like, green or something, I would have raised an eyebrow, but NOOOOOO, IT'S A LIGHTER SHADE OF BLUE! Yeah, I saw the sparkles, but I thought that was because it was a legendary! (Yeah, it was also my first ever legendary battle) I ended up knocking it out because I was careless, used an attack to experiment if it would OHKO it, which it did. I would have never tried that if I had known. I resetted and tried again, and then noticed that Regice seemed to be a bit darker blue this time. Also, no sparkly thing. I didn't pay it much mind and only years later did I learn what it really was.

First Shiny Caught: Wurmple

It was Pokemon Emerald Version, years after the shiny Regice. I finally found another shiny, and it was quite a difference (from a legendary to a 3rd gen version of Caterpie? Really?). At this point, I knew what a shiny was, so I made sure to catch it. If you are curious, it evolved into a Silcoon/Beautifly. Anyway, later on I started a new Emerald save file, and it was deleted forever.

First Shiny I Still Have: Tentacool

Also in Pokemon Emerald Version. Found it while surfing and just as I was thinking "huh, maybe I should use a repel". Good thing I didn't! Anyway, for personal reasons, I had to reset my Emerald data again, but this time, I saved the thing (along with my main team from the game and some legendaries) by sending it to my Soul Silver Version, and from there to my White 2 Version. I haven't evolved it yet, I plan on doing so when Pokemon Bank comes out so I can have both shiny Tentacool and shiny Tentacruel in my X Version Pokedex.

In case you're wondering, all three of these were before I got to the Red Gyrados in Soul Silver or Pink Dratini in White 2. Gyrados was my 4th Shiny and Dratini was like, my 20th (I got A TON of shinies in X version).

Edited by Eagleby18

uhm... my first shiny >.>

well, it was in ruby, and i was finishing in a super rod in the lake right past petalburg woods. :/ i was kinda stubborn at that time, i hatched over 100 wurmples to see if they would evolve into something else... likewise, i spent hours fishing in that lake to see what i could find...

i guess at this point you already guessed, it was a magikarp ._. when i found it i immediately threw my master ball XD

so.... yeah... that's my story!

Sadly, the first shiny I caught was not mine, per se. A friend back in high school knew that I was a fan of Pokemon but, at the same time, was behind on the generations, so he loaned me his GBA and Sapphire version. He told me to play it as if it were my own, just don't start a new game. Fair enough. I thought I'd look around some of the routes and check out a couple of the newer Pokemon. After a little while of bashing up multiple Taillow and Whismur on Route 116, a shiny Taillow appeared. I wasn't really familiar with shiny Pokemon, but I figured, why not? So I carefully caught it and decided to raise it up - and get it evolved - during the weekend before showing it to the friend that owned the game, since the only way I could really see him was on the bus. Needless to say, he was rather pleased with the little fella.

Other than that... Unfortunately, the red Gyarados does not count, nor do shinies in Reborn. Though I've seen plenty when going through Crystal's battle tower... *headdesk*

• 3 weeks later...

It was a Shiny Rhydon in diamond, but I couldn't tell the difference and ended up killing it.

Then I recovered that up by catching a shiny Carnavha in Ruby when I was trying to find a Feebas, and never evovled it. Now its just sitting in my Black2 PC, waiting for PokeBank

• 2 weeks later...

My first encounter was a Shuppet in Diamond I believe. And i killed it on accident. :(

My next encounter was a shiny Buizel in Black though, and I still have him! His name is Ladyboy. My other shinies are ones I've bred. Except for 3 days ago when I got a Bold, Marvel Scale, 6IV shiny Feebas via wondertrade. I cried. Whoever was on the other end of that trade will forever be my valentine.

My first encounter was a Shuppet in Diamond I believe. And i killed it on accident. :(

You killed the shiny pre-evolution of my 2nd favorite pokemon ever? How dare you... ^^

My first shiny was a Weedle in pokemon Fire red... I didn't fail to catch it, but my first reaction was: Wat da fuk is dis yellow thing?

You killed the shiny pre-evolution of my 2nd favorite pokemon ever? How dare you... ^^

I...I-'m so sorry. My pokemon. Too over-leveled. No pokeballs. Please understand.

Luckily I've always known what shinies are, because I wasn't allowed to play video games until i was 13 and I got two stepbrothers with Gameboys.

First shiny for me was a shiny ditto (was training to re-battle Whitney south of goldenrod) on Pokemon Crystal. At first I didn't know it was a shiny (I was only 6 and didn't even know they existed) but I caught it because it sparkled stars. Then when I brought it to school and showed my friends they were like "whoa" and told me what a shiny was. After that I decided to use that shiny ditto throughout the rest of the game and it was pretty fun.

Edited by Shadow Walker

• 2 weeks later...

I've obtained a lot, ironically enough at least one in every gen. First ever was a Paras in Ilex Forest (Gold), then Sandslash (Crystal), Lunatone (Sapphire), Marill and Trapinch (Emerald), Bronzor (Diamond), Camerupt (Platinum), Rattata (HeartGold), Deino (White), Budew and Pawniard (White 2), Nincada, Emolga, Whismur, Gyarados, Golurk, Froakie and Hawlucha (X)

Just got a Shiny Eevee in my latest Gold playthrough. As in Gen II, shininess was inheritable 1/64 chance, I used the shiny Ditto trick by trading Gyarados back to Yellow and having Ditto transform into it, then it became a Shiny Ditto when sent back to Gold. Bred it with Eevee untill I nabbed the Shiny. =)