• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Platinum - Magikarp and haunter

I ran from the magikarp because I wasn't really paying attention and I killed the haunter because my pokemon were to powerful.

I must have replayed each game at least 4 times and that's all I found.

My first ever shiny was a shiny Ponyta on top of Mt. Ember in Pokemon Leafgreen. It had a rash nature, which was like one of the best natures for it in the 3rd gen ... before there was a such thing as a physical fire type attack... The blue flames on it's back were awesome as hell. When I saw it, I nearly fell out of my chair. I traded it for an 3rd Gen event 10th Anniversary Ho-oh from one of my friends. Then Heart Gold came out and I was like FUUUUUUUUUU~.....

Next was a shiny Buizel in Pokemon Diamond in the grass by the pond left of Eterna City. Naive Natured...'Nuff said.

Next was on Pokemon Sapphire (I went back to it for a bit because Heonn region is my favorite... Still waiting on a remake of Ruby and Sapphire... Hopefully now it will be in 3D :ph34r: ). I managed to get so freaking lucky. I had managed to get a shiny Beldum from the pokeball in Steven Stone's House on Mossdeep Island. Lonely Natured, but Horrible Attacking IV... It's Attack could have been up to 405 at lvl 100, but instead it was 382...(Inb4 Yes, it was fully EV trained in Physical Attack...255 Evs, even though I didn't need those last three. :feelsgn:

Also, I got a shiny Igglybuff from the Odd Egg in Pokemon Crystal version. But there's a 14% chance of the odd egg ahtching into a shiny Pokemon, so you know... not as impressive...

Last, but not least or maybe it is... I don't fucking know... lolz, I caught a Shiny Bibarel in Pokemon Pearl just to the right of Hearthome City, past where that Hiker gives you the Happiny egg.

I have an Adamant shiny Scizor and a shiny Machamp in Black 2 that I got off of the GTS, but I think this is a thread for shinies you caught yourself. Just figured I would mention it anyways. why not

My first shiny was a Slugma, back when 4th gen was the main generation, and Platinum was released. However, I accidentally KOed it. But my first successful capture was a shiny Golbat during a SoulSilver Nuzlocke run. I immediately quit the Nuzlocke challenge so that I could break the rules and capture it. To this day, my shiny female Crobat, appropriately nicknamed "Lilith" (Morrigan Aensland's "sister") is one of my strongest Pokemon on my Black 2 file. Adamant natured too, it was an extremely lucky capture!

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Sapphire, but I remember having a Sableye that was colored differently and sparkled when he was thrown into battle. I didn't think much of it at the time, I was honestly a little disappointed since I preferred the purple color scheme. Then I found out years later what a shiny Pokemon was.

• 3 weeks later...

First shiny I found was a shiny tentacool in emerald, like everyone else I thought my game was glitching but I decided to catch it, my machop critted it......

First shiny I caught, after beating Emerald I set out on a quest to complete the pokedex as best as I could. While catching pokemon in the safari zone I found a pink aipom I managed to catch it after throwing a gold pokeblock at it.

I bullshit you not, my first shiny capture was a Noctowl. 164.gifI caught it while playing Crystal version using heatbutt in Violet City. I also ran into a shiny ratatta 019.gif but I said fuck that and proceeded to OHKO bitch!! But to be honest I've never really cared about shinys like that. Especially when I confirm that there were no stat differences. I actually ended up using that Noctowl for a while to...

Edited by AveMatic

I don't remember the first shiny I've ever seen... and I haven't seen many... actually, wait... the first shiny I may have seen I think was a Bidoof in either Diamond or Pearl. It was before I had pokeballs. That was terrible. I think the first one I ever caught was a shiny geodude in Heartgold or Soulsilver. It was early on so I didn't have to worry about it exploding itself. A friend later helped me do a trade and trade-back so... shiny Golem yay?

Dat gold nugget... Mmmmmmm... XD

Seriously though, Shiny Geodude and his evolutions are awesome.

well my first shiny was a timid female ralts in my nuzlocke fire red fully randomized,she was the second pokemon i got on it but at the final battle against blue,i fucked up,its a long story i might talk about itdpmfsb280.png

That's an awesome first shiny, and I love your name.

Also I believe it's a rule in Nuzlocke challenges that you can catch Shinies no matter what and they never die, but you must deposit them until you're finished if they faint or have some other rule, like in order to use it again you need to "sacrifice" a Pokemon of an equal level.

My first shinies was a Mantine that I encountered while surfing in Pokemon Crystal, and a Magby from the daycare egg in the same game. It took me 12 years of playing various Pokemon games to encounter and catch shinies...

Edited by garchomp550