My Awesome Pokemon Adventure

J-Awesome_One

12 minutes ago, chaoticangel97 said:

Too bad, having someone else in your head is always great for those long boring waits in line at the grocery store. :P

Lol. Maybe but if someone was constantly talking to me in my head, I don't think I'd be able to make this story for everyone. :)

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Lol. Maybe but if someone was constantly talking to me in my head, I don't think I'd be able to make this story for everyone. :)

I used to actually have something similar to that, which is why it’s so relatable. When I was a LIDL-er boi than I am now I had a problem similar to your mc’s (except without all the magical being possessing you bullshit). The problems long since been fixed, but reading something like this always makes me fantasize “aw, it’d be so cool if this is why I had that problem”. I seem (mostly) to be a normal functioning human bean now, but it was a whole ‘nother story before

Just now, World3 said:

I used to actually have something similar to that, which is why it’s so relatable. When I was a LIDL-er boi than I am now I had a problem similar to your mc’s (except without all the magical being possessing you bullshit). The problems long since been fixed, but reading something like this always makes me fantasize “aw, it’d be so cool if this is why I had that problem”. I seem (mostly) to be a normal functioning human bean now, but it was a whole ‘nother story before

Ohh. I'm sorry that happened to you. Well I'm glad you feel better now. ^_^

I don’t know why, but it seems like Laura might have a major role to play in your run. And well done! I heard that Shelly was a pain to defeat in the new episode of Reborn. Glad to know that you won! I can’t wait to see Matthew confronting Mister Shadow, let alone his reaction with the visions :)

Edited by Q-Jei
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

I don’t know why, but it seems like Laura might have a major role to play in your run. And well done! I heard that Shelly was a pain to defeat in the new episode of Reborn. Glad to know that you won! I can’t wait to see Matthew confronting Mister Shadow, let alone his reaction with the visions :)

She's gonna be important to him/me. She was going to show up in Episode 20 but I think it'd make more sense for her to come in Episode 21.

• Like 1

EUvPXgS.png

I walked out of the tunnel and headed up towards Beryl Bridge. Not only was I going up there to get the power back on so we could escape but I was also going for my 4th Gym Badge. I’d be lying though if I said I wasn’t afraid. Not scared of for my life scared but just really frightened. It didn’t help that no 1 even offered to come with me when I asked. Ohh well. I had a mission to do. Actually 2. Before getting up there, I decided to do some training with my Pokemon. In about an hour, I got done with my training in the Jasper Ward and continued. I finally made it to the old power plant. I stood in front of the door.

n6FMaHL.png

I stared through the glass to try to see if there was anything in there. The only thing I could see were grates blocking the path forward and 1 of those computers capable of talking to Ame. I walked in and walked up to the computer and pressed the button. Ame’s face appeared on screen which lit up a little bit of the room.

5bikYgq.png

Ame: Hey Matthew. How are you… Why is it so dark where you are?

Matthew: I’m in the old power plant that’s across the Beryl Bridge.

Ame: Ohh! So that must mean you’re gonna face Shade.

Matthew: Yea… Any pointers?

Ame: Well, the building there is all messed up. The lights flicker on and off as I can see right now. That will power his Ghost and Electric attacks. But if you can mess with them, then it won’t do a thing. But besides that, just hit him hard. I’m sure you’ll do great Matthew.

Matthew: Before you go, I wanna ask you something.

Ame: Sure. What is it?

Matthew: Is Shade even a human?

Ame:… Good luck Matt! Bye!

Matthew: Wait! You didn’t-

The computer shut off and I was back in the complete darkness again. She didn’t give me an answer. Well time to find away to get these grates down. There were 2 rooms to go into. I decided to go through the right 1 1st. I didn’t know where I was going or what I was supposed to do. As I walked around, I could faintly see a panel. I didn’t know what else to do so I pressed the button on it. A light above me came on and the screen in front of me turned on. I watched as a woman, wearing something close to what Victoria wears, turned around and was beheaded by a Garchomp.

DD8vnd8.png

The screen then went to black. I was horrified to what I just saw.

Matthew (thinking out loud): What the… What the fuck did I just watch? Did Shade do that? Or… I gotta continue.

I continued walking around the room when I came across another panel. I took a deep breath and pressed the button on it. Just like before, the lights came on and a video started to play on the screen. Amaria appeared on screen. This got my heart pumping. It had been a long time since I last saw her. I was worried something might have happened to her. As I continued to watch, I could see a red haired woman come up behind Amaria and push her off of a ledge. At least, that’s what it looked like to me.

c5vezjj.png

The screen went to black. I leaned over the panel with my hands on my head.

Matthew (thinking out loud): No way… Is she dead? Amaria is dead? No. This can’t be real can it? I… This is so fucked up!

I stood up and walked away. I couldn’t see any other panels or anything else in the room so I went back to the main room. As I entered, I noticed that some of the grates were gone. But there were at least 2 left. That meant that those panels were connected to those grates. Which meant I had to find the other 2 and watch more horrific videos. I entered the left room and searched for more panels. I eventually found 1. I pushed the button and the video began. A girl in weird clothing came up on screen. She was just standing there. The clothes she was wearing closely resembled something of that to Team Meteor. Suddenly, the screen started to turn white and a loud explosion happened. When the screen went back to normal, the girl literally crumbled into pieces.

RmGEuEY.png

I was horrified but it didn’t freak me out that much. If this girl was truly part of Team Meteor, then it was 1 less person to be dealing with. I continued my search for the last panel. I finally found it. I pressed the button and looked up in shock and horror as Corey appeared on the screen. It was like someone had plugged something into my brain, recorded this moment and then somehow got it onto a tape. Corey stood on the bridge, turned around and fell to his death.

FZvJP8x.png

The screen turned off. I stood there with tears swelling up in my eyes.

Matthew (thinking out loud): Corey… I’m sorry… I’m trying my best to protect your daughter but it just seems like I keep fucking up… Wherever you are… Do your best to keep an eye on her when I can’t…

I wiped the tears away from my eyes. As I was about to walk away, Godra Goodra popped out of its PokeBall. The gooey little dragon looked up at me and noticed my puffy, red eyes.

Goomy: Goomy Goom?

Matthew: I’m alright Godra Goodra. I’m just… Memories popped back up and they’re just not good.

Goomy: Goomy…

We both looked up at each other and then Godra Goodra jumped up into my arms. I hugged it as it nuzzled me.

Matthew: Thank you Godra Goodra.

Goomy: Goomy Goom!

I continued to hug it until I started to see a bright flash. I looked at my Goomy and saw that it was lighting up and changing form. I put it on the ground and watched as my Goomy evolved into a Sliggoo.

jDhTYGQ.png

7i1ALaG.png

6ktkwOQ.png

Matthew: Godra Goodra… This is amazing!

eynggWo.png

IT8RPEp.png

gLr9xJ0.png

The light faded out and right before me was my newly evolved Sliggoo. I knelt beside it and gave it a hug as it snuggled my head.

Matthew: Did you evolve to make me feel better?

Sliggoo: Sliggoo Slig!

Matthew: You’re such a good friend. Thank you.

Sliggoo: Sliggoo!

I stood back up and returned Godra Goodra back to its PokeBall. I couldn’t believe that 1 of my Pokemon evolved just to make me feel better. I felt confidence going through my body. I was ready for whatever was gonna happen next. I walked back to the main room and the rest of the grates were gone. I started to walk up the path. Eventually, I could see the outline of a shadow. It was Shade. I walked up to him.

Matthew: Alright. I’m not too sure what you have to do with all the stuff I’ve seen but I’m here to get my badge and to turn the power back on. Ready to go down?

Shade didn’t say a thing. Instead, he floated up above me. He opened his eyes which were red and then smiled the creepiest smile I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

rstdu5J.png

This freaked me out for a couple of moments but I regained my composure. The battle then begun.

After the battle was done, something floated over towards me. As it got closer, I noticed it was a badge. I took it and put it in my badge case. Then shockingly, Shade spoke.

Shade: Omen Badge… Yours…

Matthew: Y-Y-Y-You can talk?!

Shade: Power? Activate…

The lights in the place suddenly came on as if the power plant had never been damaged or something. Shade didn’t seem as scary when in the light. Shade turned to the large screen that was in front of us.

cuHmO4J.png

Shade: Observe.

The screen turned on and the group was there. I saw as the door that was previously closed shot open. Everyone cheered for my success but it didn’t last long. Sirius appeared at the door.

kgWe1a8.png

Matthew: No!

(On screen) Sirius: Greetings, all. This is even more convenient than I expected.

(On screen) Charlotte: And just who are you?

(On screen) Sirius: That’s of no consequence to you. Grunts! Seize them!

Matthew watched helplessly as Team meteor Grunts poured into the tunnel and 1 by 1 kidnapped all the children. Everyone except for Cain. Cain was able to bring out his Nidoking and crack the floor between him and the Meteors before fleeing.

FTdxTUt.png

(On screen) Team Meteor Grunt: Sir, what do we do?

(On screen) Sirius: It’s of no concern to us. He’s not part of our deal.

Matthew: Deal?

(On screen) Sirius: We’ve got everything we needed. Exactly what the Doctor ordered.

The last line felt like it punched me in the stomach before the screen faded to black.

Matthew: N-No… The Doctor teamed up with Team Meteor?! Damnit!

Shade: So dying souls offer the keys to your gain.

Matthew: What do you mean?

Shade: Let not them suffer to the poison in vain.

Before I could ask him what he was talking about, Shade disappeared. I looked around the room but he didn’t appear before me. I sat there sad about what happened to the group. We just got them out of a bad place and now they’re probably in a worse place. Another factor that I was beginning to realize is that I was getting horribly tired. I knew it was a bad time to get a couple of Z’s while the group was captured but I’d be more useful and resourceful if I was wide awake and alert than sleepy as hell and in a not caring mood. So, I made my way to the Beryl Gym and used Corey’s bed once again to get some much needed sleep.

jJ59h44.png

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 39

Nature: Naïve/Ability: Intimidate

Held Item: Dread Plate

Moveset: Poison Fang/Crunch/Poison Tail/Glare

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 40

Nature: Gentle/Ability: Gooey

Held Item: None

Moveset: Dragon Pulse/Body Slam/Dragon Breath/Attract

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 39

Nature: Naughty/Ability: Immunity

Moveset: Wing Attack/Knock Off/Metal Claw/Swords Dance

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 39

Nature: Mild/Ability: Mega Launcher

Held Item: Sea Incense

Moveset: Water Pulse/Aura Sphere/Crabhammer/Bubble Beam

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 39

Nature: Gentle/Ability: Long Reach

Held Item: Rose Incense

Moveset: Sucker Punch/Spirit Shackle/Razor Leaf/Synthesis

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 39

Nature: Rash/Ability: Levitate

Moveset: Psybeam/Sludge/Sludge Bomb/Destiny Bond

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Shade (2/10 NO CHANGE!) - Turns out this... Whatever this guy is is a Reborn Gym Leader. I don't know how but whatever. He gave me the badge when I beat him and he turned on the power. I mean I guess he's a good guy? But what about everything I saw in his Gym. I can't trust him.

• Like 1

qlAbm9L.png

Matthew: Hmm. Mmm? Whoa! What the fuck?! Where am I?!

I woke up and find myself flying through a dark void. I was completely freaking out. Then I remembered 1 thing.

Matthew: Ohh yea. I woke up in a weird place. Wehttam! Where are you?

Wehttam: Hello! Welcome!

Matthew: Ahh! You scared me!

Wehttam: My apologies.

3k6eOqd.png

Matthew: So why did you have me meet in a lifeless void?

Wehttam: Well for 1, this is a dream. And also, doesn’t it feel kind of nice just floating?

Matthew: Well I mean… Yea. It does kind of actually.

Wehttam: Exactly. It’s relaxing. And I think after the day you’ve had, you need this.

Matthew: You know, you’re not wrong. Busting out everyone from the orphanage, those videos, Shade and knowing that most of them got captured again… A lot is weighing on my mind right now. I feel bad for sleeping right now too. But if I don’t, I will mess up and be useless to everyone.

Wehttam: Yeeees. I believe you Matthew.

Matthew: Hey. Do you have any idea what Shade is or was or… Whatever he is?

Wehttam: I tried to figure it out during the battle you 2 had but… I have no clue. He’s nothing like me. That’s for sure though.

Matthew: I hope not. That’d be scary thinking that someone that looks like that is sharing their soul inside my body with my soul.

Wehttam: No. We souls look more majestic… Or majestically crazy.

Matthew: I take it you’re majestically crazy.

Wehttam: But of course. Have you not noticed the hair?

Matthew: True. -sigh- I just… I don’t know what to do.

Wehttam: You will do what you were destined to do Matthew. And whatever it is, it involves those group of people.

Matthew: I wish I knew what it was so I can just do it quickly already.

Wehttam: Haha. Quite intriguing.

Matthew: Hey. I don’t mean to bring up your emotions buuuut… You still miss Florinia?

Wehttam: Ohh I do. Her green hair and green clothing. And her smartness. She’s a lovely vessel. I wish my soul was inside of her body.

Matthew: Umm… Considering that I’m human and have a more… different mind than yours, that sounded waaaaay weird. Oh my Arceus. Wait. Am I turning into Cain!?

Wehttam: Hahaha. It seems that the purple boy who dresses as he feels has rubbed off onto you my dear vessel.

Matthew: Ohh shush. He has not!

Wehttam: By the way, speaking of feelings and attractions, how do you feel about that Laura person girl?

Matthew: She’s beautiful. And pretty strong apparently. She’s part of the Reborn League.

Wehttam: That is most WONDEFUL!

Matthew: Mhm. I hope 1 day we get to meet again and maybe she’ll… Well… You know.

Wehttam: What? Do tell.

Matthew: I’m hoping she’ll want to be with me.

Wehttam: Ahhhhhh yes. The young man wants her to be his mate.

Matthew: I’d rather use the term girlfriend but whatever.

Wehttam: Well, I don’t know how that will play out but…

Matthew: Wait. Are you about to tell me something about the future!? Like you did with Link when he was a Rowlet!

Wehttam: Calm thyself. I shall tell you. Your adventure will continue and shortly, she will join you.

Matthew: Seriously?

Wehttam: Yes. And it’ll last for a very long time.

Matthew: That’s… I can’t… Wow… That’s gonna be awesome!

Wehttam: Hehe. Yes my child but do try to control your excitement.

Matthew: Sorry. Just… I can’t believe it.

Wehttam: Well, you do deserve happiness.

Matthew: Don’t you think you do too?

Wehttam: I am flattered that you care about me but alas. As I am just a soul, an entity, I cannot commit to a, as you humans call it, relationship.

Matthew: Damn… That seriously sucks.

Wehttam: I shall be alright my friend. You have a chance though. The 1 you have chosen is a beautiful vessel.

Matthew: Thanks man.

Wehttam: No problem. Ahh. It is almost your time to be WOKEN!

Matthew:… You mean I’m gonna wake up.

Wehttam: YeEeEeEeEeEeEeEs!

Matthew: Wow. This feels like a short sleep. But alright. I hope to see you again soon.

Wehttam: As do I to you.

Matthew: Umm… Wait. How do I lay down if I’m just floating?

Wehttam: The air is your floor. Just close your eyes and you shall return to the real world.

Matthew: Ohh. Well alright. Later Wehttam!

Wehttam: I shall see you at another TIME! Yeeeessss!

I closed my eyes and shortly after, I was fast asleep.

WEHTTAM RATINGS

Spoiler

Wehttam (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - It feels like everytime something awful happens, Wehttam has me visit him. But I don't mind it. It actually makes me feel better. And it's kind of exciting to see where we'll end up for a destination. I'm surprised he doesn't know what Shade is though. And it sucks he can't be in a relationship. But apparently, that girl, Laura, will be accompanying me on my journey! I can't wait for that to happen. So I thank him for that little bit of info.

• Like 1

Just now, World3 said:

I really couldn't tell the tattoo was an arbok until i read this on my pc. It legit looks like a nife, so when Charlotte said "oh nice arbok tat" I was very confused

Lol. Well, it's hard to make a full blown Arbok tattoo in pixelated form. Although, I do have an Arbok tattoo in real life. :P

• Upvote 1

Since everyone basically knows about Laura, I shall spoil a little more for everyone.

1. Laura shall be participating in some battles. And I don't mean like me saying "Laura tries to battle so and so but loses" No! You will actually see her battle. Might not be many people but you will see her in action.

2. There is Matthew. There is the soul, the entity that is Wettham. AND... There will be a 3rd version of me... Kind of... It's more like a 2.5 version of me. AND HIS NAME WILL BE!... Either Mattam or Wehhew. Yea. I know. Not exciting names. But, some ideas will be rummaging through your brains!

3. Last but not least, YES! Mattam/Wehhew will also participate in battles in the same way I said Laura would.

Sooo yea. Enjoy these announcements!

• Like 1

0lkSNcD.png

I woke up and stretched. I was groggy but I knew I didn’t have time to dilly dally to fully wake up. I got my stuff and headed straight to the Underground Railnet. It didn’t make sense for Cain to still be there but I didn’t know where else to go. I made it and explored the cave looking for Cain. As I continued the search, I saw a Victoria pacing where I saw Cain crack the floor to escape. I ran up to her.

ivV78Nj.png

Matthew: Victoria!

Victoria: Matthew! Ohh thank Arceus you’re alright.

Matthew: Yea. I saw the whole thing go down.

Victoria: What? How?

Matthew: In Shade’s Gym or the old power factory or whatever the fuck it is. Shade turned on a screen and I saw everything.

Victoria: That’s horrible. But… The only good thing about that is that I don’t have to explain what happened.

Matthew: I suppose so. But do you know where Cain went?

Victoria: Yea. I ran into him and he told me everything. But since there’s all this debris in the way, no 1 can get through. A Pokemon can move it, but-

Matthew: But I need Strength right?

Victoria: Yes. But you also need the badge to use it.

Matthew: Great… The group is gonna have to settle on being kidnapped for a while it seems like.

Victoria: I’m sorry Matthew… Do you remember before? When I told you about Apophyll Academy? It’s on the other side of Azurine Lake.

Matthew: Yea. I remember. What about it?

Victoria: Well, me sensei there, Kiki, actually has the machine for Strength.

Matthew: Really?!

Victoria: Mhm. I told Cain and ran off right away.

Matthew: I don’t blame him. He really cares for them. As do I.

Victoria: I know. I almost forgot. The badge you need to be able to use the move is the Blight Badge, from the Poison Type Gym Leader.

Matthew: Aya.

Victoria: Yea.

Matthew: And I can’t get to her unless Cain gives me the key to the wasteland.

Victoria: It’s actually called the Byxbysion Wasteland.

Matthew:… Yeeeaaaa. I’m never gonna be able to pronounce that so I’m just gonna stick with the wasteland.

Victoria: We need to go with Cain across Azurine Lake!

Matthew: Right. If we hurry, we might still be able to catch up to him!

Victoria: Go to the Coral Ward!

Victoria rushed off ahead of me. I also went as fast as I could. All this running was wearing me out though. So even though I hated doing this, I slowed down and just started walking down there. It took about 15 minutes but I finally got there. I looked out towards the docks and saw a figure standing there in all purple. It was Cain. I ran up to him.

b5OliTp.png

Cain: Heyyyy Matthew.

Matthew: Thank god you’re still here.

Cain: Yea. I would have left sooner but it was late and I didn’t want something to attack me in the middle of the night. So I stayed in the PokeCenter here.

Matthew: I had to catch some sleep as well.

Cain: I figured. I wondered where you were. Hehehe~ So, I take it you already know what happened?

Matthew: Mhm. I saw the whole thing.

Cain: Saw it? How?

Matthew: Shade showed me in his Gym. Now’s not the time for it. We need to get Strength and your sisters badge to use it.

Cain: Mhm. And I plan on doing just that.

Matthew: Wait. I forgot. The water is too toxic for Pokemon or boats to cross it. What are we gonna do now?

Cain: Hehe. Don’t worry. I can take care of that problem.~ Come on out Muk!

Cain raised out his PokeBall and out came his A. Muk. It splashed down in the water and looked like it was enjoying its toxic swim. I remembered the 1st time I was down here and Cain used his A. Grimer at the time to rescue the Popplio. Cain jumped on top of his A. Muk.

NTNnqBf.png

Matthew: Wait. What about me?

Cain: I’m sorry but there’s not enough room for 2 people on my Muk. I’m sure you’ll figure out something. But until then, see ya Matthew! I’m gonna do my best to fix this!

And with that, the A. Muk shipped off with Cain on the back of it. I waved goodbye but felt horrible. How was I supposed to help now? I decided to go think on how to help when a door to a dock shed opened up loudly. The noise made my heart jump. Amaria then popped out of it. My eyes widened.

3O53YC4.png

Amaria: Ohh hello Matthew!

Matthew: Oh my Arceus… You’re alive!

She walked over towards me and I grabbed her, giving her a hug.

Amaria: Umm… Yea. I’m alive. What’s gotten into you?

Matthew: I… I saw something and I thought you were gone and… I’m just glad it didn’t happen.

Amaria: Haha. Well good. But I did find something out.

Matthew: What’s that?

Amaria: I’ve been working with Ame to monitor the pollution in the lake and figure out its sources.

Matthew: Do you know where it’s coming from?

Amaria: According to the research we’ve done, it seems like almost all of the pollution is coming from 1 place. Blacksteam Factory. It’s in the west Peridot Ward.

Matthew: Ohh yea. I think I remember that place… Not a good memory.

Amaria: Ohh. Well, I’m sorry for whatever happened to you there. I was about to go there myself and see if I could stop the pollution. Do you wanna come help?

Matthew: Well, I can’t do what I wanted to do. Sure. Let’s clean that place out.

Amaria: Great! I’ll meet you outside of the factory. See ya in a bit.

Amaria took off towards the factory. I followed suit. I didn’t know what was gonna happen there once we got there but I did know 1 thing. Team meteor was definitely behind this. As I got to the factory, I saw Amaria looking out towards the water.

jmUwbFi.png

Matthew: Hey. Are you ok?

Amaria: Yea. Just… I’m upset the water is all toxic. Water is so beautiful you know.

Matthew: Well we’re hear to make sure it goes back to the way it was.

Amaria: Right. Let’s find a way in!

We looked around the building for a way in but there wasn’t any. There was the door right in front of us, but really. What evil organization would just leave a door unlocked or not trap it with stuff? We weren’t gonna take that risk. Amaria then looked up at the rooftop and smiled. She backed up and held out a PokeBall.

Amaria: Alright. I think I know how to get in. Come out Deliverance!

Matthew: Whoa. A Lapras!

k5JsI4G.png

Amaria: Alright Deliverance. Use Waterfall and then Ice Beam!

Deliverance did as it was told and used Waterfall and Ice Beam. When it finished, a set of icy stairs was formed.

hNjNgEn.png

It would be tricky walking up them but at least we have a way up. However, the only problem was that it wasn’t at all cold and the sun was out a bit today.

Amaria: I know it might be tricky but we gotta hurry before this melts. Thank you Deliverance. Return!

Amaria somehow raced right up the icy steps. I didn’t have that much luck. It took me a couple of minutes to get up it but I did. As soon as I got to the top, I jumped onto the roof. The stairs then started to break and soon completely fell to the ground. Amaria helped me up to my feet.

Amaria: You alright?

Matthew: Yea. Got up here just in time.

Amaria: Sure did. Alright. Let’s do this.

Me and Amaria walked through a door inside the building. Immediately, we were stopped by 2 Team Meteor Grunts.

SFYAQt0.png

Team Meteor Grunt: Stop right there!

Amaria: Yea no. Come on Matthew!

All 4 of us sent out our Pokemon but the battle took less than 10 seconds. Her Deliverance squashed their Golbat as my Pistol Pete obliterated their Lairon. After the battle, 1 grunt staggered back as the other ran away.

Matthew: That grunt is prob gonna tell the boss.

Amaria: Then let’s move quickly before anymore come!

We ran into the room the grunt did but when we emerged, we were in front of a lot of Team Meteor Grunts.

2vKTgdT.png

Matthew: Looks like we’re outnumbered already.

Amaria: Matt… Do you trust me?

Matthew: Uhh… Yea. Why wouldn’t I?

Amaria: Thank you. Then get ready! Come out Deliverance!

Matthew: What are you gonna do!

Amaria: Now, use Ice Shard! Matt, run through when the attack lands!

Matthew: A-Alright!

Deliverance fired off an Ice Shard and separated a couple of the grunts, which gave me the opportunity to run between them and behind them. They closed back up the gap. As I kept going, I could hear what being said between the grunts and Amaria.

Team Meteor Grunt: Now you’re in for it!

Amaria: You think so huh? Atlantica, help me out! Let’s do this you 2!

I turned a corner and could no longer hear anymore voices. I walked down a corridor and saw a room. I went to investigate it but as I did, a man popped out. It was the same man that I meant back when I was trying to rescue Victoria in that cave.

Iw4Ub27.png

Matthew: You…

???: I did not expect us to meet again. That’s a mistake that I’ll be correcting right now.

Before I could say anything, the man flipped a switch and the floor beneath me gave out. I fell down to the next floor.

Matthew: Ugh. Owww… That was a fall and a half. Urgh. Where am I?

I stood up and looked around. I could see some crates that were holding some Pokemon captive. As I continued exploring the area I was in, I noticed a cell. It was then that I realized I was trapped. A Team Meteor Grunt, I presumed was guarding the place, turned around and noticed me.

mbfpa7p.png

Team Meteor Grunt: Hmm. We have a human in there? Well whatever. Have fun being imprisoned with some of the other Pokemon we’ve stolen. You ain’t going NOWHERE!

Matthew: We’ll see about that. Alright, let’s go Pistol Pete!

I threw the PokeBall up into the air and out popped the Clawitzer.

Matthew: Alright Pistol Pete. I know you’re 1 of my strongest Pokemon on my team. Charge up an Aura Sphere and then fire it.

Clawitzer: Clawitzer!

Pistol Pete put up its large claw and started charging its Aura Sphere. The Team Meteor Grunt stood there still having a smug look on his face.

Team Meteor: Haha. You won’t be able to smash through these bars with that pathetic Pokemon. You’re-

Matthew: None of my Pokemon are pathetic! Fire the Aura Sphere!

Clawitzer: Claaaawitzer!

Pistol Pete fired the Aura Sphere toward the cell bars and obliterated a couple of them. The grunt look surprised and threw out a Pokemon and tried to stop me but was flattened in seconds thanks to Pistol Pete. Before I exited, I looked back to all the Pokemon that were still locked up in the cages.

Matthew: Hey. I promise I’ll set you all free someday.

With that, I made my way out of the room. I had a couple of battles with some more grunts. I came across a couple of grates that were blocking a path to another doorway.

lkyDScS.png

There was a panel next to them. I walked over and pressed the button. The 1 grate went down into the floor, leaving just 1 more standing. I decided to go through the building to try to find the other panel. I found 1 panel but that 1 was to just open the front door of this building. At least now we could get out quick enough if we had to. As I continued to search for the panel, I was searching for Amaria too but I had no luck. At last, I found the panel and pressed the button.

RLAtwtl.png

I ran back to where the grates used to stand and got prepared for whatever was through that door. I walked through and was met with the man that tried trapping me before and ZEL.

kBz45BS.png

zeL: Oh, it-it’s you. You… You probably shouldn’t be here.

Matthew: Well neither should you lot but here you are.

???: Hmph! You’re an annoyance. You’ve meddled in our dangerous affairs. However, I have to congratulate you for cutting through my subordinates.

Matthew: Hopefully, you don’t think a bit of sweet talking is gonna get me to stopping all of you bad guys.

???: Of course not. You have a reward. Come. Observe.

I was a bit hesitate but I didn’t have much choice. I followed the man up to what was another PULSE Machine. Except this time, instead of a Tangrowth, it was a Muk. It looked like it was in pain.

Z22V4Nh.png

zEl: Sir, they already know about the PULSE. It was he who contributed to the destruction of the PULSE-Tangrowth project.

Matthew: And don’t forget I did it 3 times.

???: Hmhm. I’m aware. But Matthew, this is slightly different. As you can plainly see, this is a Muk. The machine to which it’s attached to is draining its life force and suffocates its spirit.

Matthew: That’s fucked up.

???: To you maybe. Look as its own body just drools into a mere puddle of itself.

Matthew: You’re gonna kill it if you keep doing this!

I turned my back to the man as I tried to find a way of trying to free the Muk.

???: Haha. Now that your back is turned, Garchomp, Dragon Rush! Execute!

Amaria: Atlantica, quickly! Ice Beam!

I felt some kind of coldness behind me. I turned around and noticed a frozen Garchomp. I looked at its arm and it was a few inches from my neck.

urO5NQc.png

Matthew: O-Oh my…

???: You got lucky. I could have had you out of Team Meteor’s way once and for all.

Amaria: Not on my watch!

Amaria jumped down from the top of the place she was at. The man returned his Garchomp back to its PokeBall.

ib4elxi.png

Amaria: Matthew, are you alright?

Matthew: I… I guess… But I was-

???: Hehe. Scared for your life boy? You should be. You chose to meddle with Team Meteors affairs and you are now on our hit list.

Amaria: That Muk! I don’t get it. This PULSE Machine floods the lake with poison. Why in the world would you do that? You’re destroying a beautiful lake. You’re making life hard for Reborn City!

???: Precisely. We will do whatever it takes to evacuate the city. If they’re homes are destroyed or they can’t drink water anymore…

Matthew: You people are fucking monsters…

???: Shut up boy or I’ll kill you in other ways.

Amaria: Leave him alone! You’re awful!

???: Do not judge which you do not understand. We have our motives. If you do not share them, then you are our enemy.

Amaria: I’ll never allow you to get away with it!

The man looked towards Amaria’s wrist and he grinned. The way he talked also seemed to change.

???: Interesting.

Amaria: W-Why did your tone change like that?

???: That Sapphire Bracelet…

Amaria: This? It was a gift from Tania. You’re not taking it if that’s what you’re thinking. I’ll fight to the death to protect this!

to3rF9A.png

That’s all I needed to hear. I didn’t want someone else dying. I stood up and shouted.

Matthew: NO! NO MORE! AHHH! WEHTTAM!

???: What are you shouting about-

Wehttam: YeEeEeEeEeEeEeEsSsSsSsSs. I have returned to make sure that this mere vessel does not get DELETED!

Amaria: Matthew? What are-

Wehttam: Dear Amaria, sweet girl. Please pay attention to the crooked man in front of you. We must not have him trying for another murder of the surprise kind.

Amaria: R-Right!

???: Haha. I don’t know what you are trying to pull her Matthew, but it won’t work.

Wehttam: I am not pulling a thing evil mortal. You are witnessing a great thing today. Yeeeeaaaa.

Amaria: Matthew, try to deactivate the PULSE while I keep this man busy!

Wehttam: As you wish.

As Wehttam was about to try to destroy the PULSE Machine, ZEL came running out in front of us.

dJcIEm8.png

Zel: Like hell you will!

Wehttam: Ahh yes. You. You are an interesting subject, lifeform known as ZEL.

Zel: Urgh! Quick talking like that! It’s annoying!

Wehttam: If you do not like the elegance of my voice, that is all on you.

zEl: It seems your presence here is unnecessary.

Zel: So get the hell out already!

Wehttam: Before the fight, I must ask. Is there an entity or another soul inside of your body?

zeL: Wha… What?

Zel: Shut the hell up!

Wehttam: While I will not up the shut, I shall defeat you in WONDEROUS battle!

Wehttam: OoOoOoOoOoOhHhHhHh. What a WONDERFUL victory!

zeL: Solaris, I-I’m sorry but we couldn’t-

Solaris: Useless. Useless as your useless actions.

Wehttam: Despite whatever it is you 2 blab on about, the PULSE Machine has been deactivated.

Solaris: It’s still too late. The lake is already too far gone. Speaking of gone, there’s no point in staying here. But before I go, a parting gift.

Amaria: What do you-

Solaris: Tyranitar, use Superpower… On the girl.

Before anyone could do anything, the Tyranitar took its fist and jabbed Amaria right in the stomach.

6oYTfXD.png

Wehttam ran over to her and held her upright as she struggled to catch her breath.

Amaria: A-Ah…!

Solaris: Team Meteor, retreat!

And with that, everyone of Team Meteor retreated. Wehttam stayed in the room keeping Amaria on her feet.

bqzGI88.png

Wehttam: Are you alright Amaria?

Amaria: Y-Yes. I think so. But… You… What are-

Wehttam: In due time, this vessel shall tell you all about me but the time is not now. In fact, I do believe it is time for your friend to return. See you in the future dear Amaria.

Amaria: Huh?

Wehttam had Amaria lean up against her Lapras. He held his hand over his stomach and just like that, I was back in control of my body.

Matthew: Ohh thank Arceus that worked. Amaria, I saw the whole thing! Are you ok?

Amaria: Yes but what happened with you? You started talking different and you just became more… Crazy.

Matthew: As my other self said, now isn’t the time for that.

Amaria: Tru- Ow! Anyways, good job on shutting that thing down. I’M-I’m ok. Just a bit winded, that’s all. The good news is that the water shouldn’t be polluted anymore.

Matthew: But didn’t that Solaris dude say it was too late?

Amaria: He did but while it is true that a lot’s been ruined, the Water Treatment Center under the city will clear it out.

Matthew: Sooo we did good today?

Amaria: Ye- Ow!

Matthew: Maybe you should just relax for a bit.

Amaria: You’re probably right. Deliverance, return!

j5uWUXt.png

Matthew: You alright Amaria?

Amaria: That attack might have hurt a little bit after all…

Matthew: Well, if you need help-

Amaria: No no. I’ll be fine. But you still need a away to cross the lake don’t you?

Matthew: Yea but anything that touches the water will be hurt or destroyed.

Amaria: Destroyed yes but only if it’s out there for a long period of time.

Matthew: What are you saying?

Amaria: Take my boat. Something tells me you need it now more than I’ll ever need it later. Here you go.

Matthew: I don’t know what to say.

Amaria: Just take down Team Meteor for me.

Matthew: Where are you gonna go to.

Amaria: Me? I think I’m just gonna go back home and rest for a while.

Matthew: Where’s that at?

Amaria: It’s up in the Aventurine Region, north of Reborn City. If you’re ever in the area, please drop by! Tania is probably waiting for me… Hehehe.~ And thanks for helping.

Matthew: No problem Amaria! And thank you! Bye!

Amaria walked slowly out of the room and building. I stood there looking at the key. I could finally go and help Cain free our friends. I walked out of the building. As I was walking, I thought how I was almost beheaded by Solaris’s Garchomp and how Amaria saved me. I felt bad that I didn’t save Amaria but she was a tough girl. I’m sure she’d make it. I was just about to walk past the the Grand Hall when I heard a woman’s voice call out.

???: It’s you! Stop!

I turned around to see who it was and to my surprise, it was the woman from before. The woman outside of the Orphanage. It was Laura.

Matthew: Wait. I know you. You’re Laura.

Laura: How do you know my name? What have you done with my younger sister!?

UYHSy4n.png

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 41

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 41

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 41

Moveset: Wing Attack/X-Scissor/Metal Claw/Swords Dance

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 41

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 41

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 41

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Victoria (7/10 NO CHANGE!) - I'm glad to see that's she's willing to help me and Cain rescue our friends. Hopefully we'll save them sooner rather than later.

Cain +1 (9/10) - He really wants to save everyone. I respect him a lot for that despite the fact he likes to hit on me and make sexual jokes every chance he gets.

Amaria +1 (8/10) -  If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be able to even continue with helping rescuing our friends. Although, I feel so bad that she took a Superpower hit from Solaris' Tyranitar... I hope she's ok. I'll try not to hurt her boat much.

ZEL (3/10 NO CHANGE!) - Seems like this person or entity or whatever the heck this person is still has multiple souls or something in that 1 body. Also, they seem so grouchy today.

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Oh my Arceus! She's back! But... Why does she wanna talk to me?

• Like 1

069Ju18.png

Laura: Well? Where is she?!

I stood there in confusion. I didn’t expect to see Laura until it was time to battle the Elite 4. And now she’s here going crazy about what happened to her little sister. But then I thought about it. How does she even know about the orphanage bust out.

Matthew: Ok. Whoa whoa. Calm down. How do you even know about the orphans escaping?

Laura: It was on the tv. The Doctor said something about a shy girl, a purple haired boy and a person with an Arbok tattoo that kidnapped the people in that orphanage.

Matthew: Wait. Kidnapped. What do you mean kidnapped?

Laura: The Doctor said that those 3 people came in and kidnapped the orphans there. My sister was part of that group. Where is she?! Tell me this instant.

Matthew: Calm down. Look, I remember the day I bumped into you. You said thank Arceus you were leaving that place right?

Laura: So what if I was?

Matthew: Why would you believe anything the Doctor says whether it’s to the police or to anyone else. He’s lying.

Laura: If he’s lying then… What happened to my sister?

I could see tears coming from her eyes but she was trying to hold it in. I came over to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

Matthew: Hey hey. It’ll be ok. Look, I’ll tell you everything. But we have to walk and talk. What I’m doing right now has to do with your sister and the rest of the orphans.

Laura: A-Alright.

We started to walk up the stairs that were near the Grand Hall. I looked back and saw Laura wiping her eyes.

Matthew: You sure you’re gonna be ok?

Laura: Yea. J-Just wiping… Something from my eye. So, what happened at the orphanage?

Matthew: Well… This little girl I was put in charge to watch was spotted and the Doctor took her away. Her name was Heather.

Laura: Ohh her. We saw that on the news when I was still at the orphanage. They said her dad killed himself. You mean he gave you the responsibility to watch over her?

Matthew: Yea… Right before he jumped off the bridge…

Laura: Ohh… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean for you to relive that-

Matthew: It’s ok. Really. I’ve come to terms with it.

I felt something come out and touch my shoulder. I looked over and saw that it was Laura’s hand. I looked at her face. She was so pretty and beautiful looking. It felt nice to have someone trying to comfort you with physical support. But I was so enticed by this, I tripped over a rock and almost fell over. When I caught my balance, I could hear snickering from behind me. A cute snickering. I looked back and it was Laura laughing.

m2k4klG.png

Matthew: So that made you laugh huh?

Laura: Haha. Ohh. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude.

Matthew: Haha. It’s ok. If it’s funny, you laugh. Don’t hold it in.

Laura: Well… If you say so. Haha. So that Heather girl got taken into the orphanage huh?

Matthew: Yea. Me and my friends weren’t gonna stand for it. We knew there was something bad about him. So, we decided we’d storm in and get her back.

Laura: Wait. Just her?

Matthew: Naw. I was in there before any of this happened. I promised myself I’d find a way to get them all out of there whenever a chance came. And it did.

Laura: Ohh. Well thank you for considering my sister and the others.

Matthew: It’s no problem. So we rushed in and they offered to help. By the way, your younger sister, Charlotte right, told me about you.

Laura: So then… You know what position I’m in in the Reborn League?

Matthew: I sure do. And I must say that’s pretty awesome.

We turned a corner heading down to the Coral Ward. I looked up to the sky. It wasn’t too bad looking. Looked better than how the rest of the wards did. Laura looked up too.

fLapiWg.png

Laura: What are you looking at?

Matthew: Just enjoying the view up there.

Laura: Hmm. It does look nice actually.

Matthew: I know right? It’s beautiful. I never really appreciated the things outside til I came here.

Laura: Really? I always love the stuff outside. Mostly my garden back at home.

Matthew: Your home. Isn’t that somewhere in the Chrysolia Region?

Laura: H-How did you know that?

Matthew: Charlotte.

Laura: Ohh. That makes sense. So, how helpful were they?

Matthew: Pretty helpful to be honest. Especially Charlotte. She burned the Doctor with a cigarette.

Laura: Ouch… I hate him but I don’t think even I can do that to another human being.

Matthew: Well, I don’t blame her. I think I would have done the same thing.

Laura: I don’t like harming other people.

Matthew: Sometimes, there’s no other way. But, to be honest, I’m too nervous and afraid to fight someone. So I can see your reasoning too.

Laura: I’m the most… Gentle out of my 3 sisters.

Matthew: I can see it. Suits you.

Laura: Hehe. Thanks. Anyways, what happened after you all escaped?

Matthew: Well we we- Agh!

As we were walking down the steps, I missed 1 and fell down a couple. Laura went to run over to help me up but I stopped her and got up on my own.

yHDbKxj.png

Laura: Whoa. Are you ok?

Matthew: Yea. I just uhh… Wasn’t paying attention I guess.

Laura: You seem like the clumsy type.

Matthew: Under certain circumstances, yes. I am.

Laura: And those circumstances are…?

Matthew:… Let’s stick to the story alright?

Laura: Haha. Sure.

Matthew: So we were headed to your family’s house but the underground railnet door wouldn’t open. So I was the 1 chosen to go up to Shade’s Gym to beat him for the badge and to have him turn the power back on.

Laura: Sounds like you had a lot to do.

Matthew: Don’t even get me started. Then, on the screen, I saw Team Meteor come in and well… They took everyone except for my friend. He escaped and is actually doing everything he can to get the stuff ready to rescue everyone right now.

We made it to Amaria’s dock shed. Laura looked up and down at it and then back at me. She seemed confused.

6O2a8NF.png

Laura: Wait. Your friend crossed Azurine Lake to help them? But you said they were captured near a door in the Underground Railnet right? Why didn’t he just follow them?

Matthew: Well, to make sure they didn’t take him, he had his Pokemon shake the ground and caused a large crack appear on the ground and a lot of debris got in the way. So now me and my friend need to go get Strength and the badge to use it.

Laura: Ohh. Well that makes sense. Sounds like it may take a while though.

Matthew: True but we really wanna help free them.

At that point, an idea popped into my head. If Laura is part of the Gym Leader, then she should have the appropriate items needed to get through the debris.

Matthew: Wait. Laura. You’re part of the Elite 4. Don’t you already have access to Strength.

Laura: Yea. Why?

Matthew: Why don’t you move the debris out of the way then? We can save them quicker!

Laura: I would but I only brought my Lilligant with me and she can’t learn Strength.

Matthew: Damnit. “sigh” I suppose we should continue with the 1st plan then.

I took the key out and unlocked the door. I opened it up and turned on a light. On the water in front of us was Amaria’s boat. Me and Laura walked up to it and looked at its structure.

Qi3S6yK.png

Laura: Are you sure this is gonna hold up? I heard the water here would damage any boat that went across it thanks to how toxic it was.

Matthew: It’s true but as long as we don’t just go everywhere, it won’t get too damaged.

Laura: Ohh. I see.

I climbed up onto the deck. I looked back at Laura who seemed like she was about to see me off.

Matthew: Hey Laura?

Laura: Yea?

Matthew: Aren’t you gonna come on here?

Laura: Uhh… Why would I?

Matthew: Well I mean you came all the way down here to find your sister. Might as well join along and help. I mean… As long as you’re not busy.

Laura: Ohh… I didn’t know if you’d want me to come along or not.

Matthew: What? Of course I would. Come on. We’ll look for the captain’s quarters when you get on.

Laura: Captain’s quarters?

Matthew: Like wherever they keep the steering wheel or whatever it’s called on a boat.

Laura: Ohh. Ok. If you’re fine with it, then I’ll come.

Laura came aboard and we started to look around the ship. We both went into the last room we hadn’t explored and that room turned out to be the room where you steer the boat. But this boat was different. Somehow, it had a GPS like tracker on. I put in Apophyll Beach and started the boat. It started to drive on its on to the destination I put in. With nothing else to do, we decided to go into the living quarters and relax.

AFxNbjB.png

Matthew: Wow. This is the 1st time I’ve ever been on a boat. Let alone a boat that drives itself.

Laura: Really? You’ve never been on a boat?

Matthew: Nope. Scared to death of deep water. But I’m doing something important so I gotta get over my fear of it.

Laura: Aww. That’s great Matthew. I’m proud of you.

Matthew: Hehehe. Th-Thanks Laura.

Her compliment started to make my ears blush dark red. Laura looked at them and almost started to freak out.

Laura: Wh-What’s wrong with you?! Are you ok?!

Matthew: Whoa whoa. It’s ok. It’s just whenever I blush, my ears turn that color instead of my cheeks turning red.

Laura: Oh… Oh my Arceus. You had me scared.

Matthew: Sorry…

Laura: It’s ok. Your body is different than mine. It does things differently. But… You were blushing? Why?

Matthew: Ohh… Well umm… It’s nothing really. I mean-

Laura: Ohh come on. You tripped over a rock. Almost stumbled down the stairs and now your ears. Just spit it out. Haha.

Matthew: Well… If you want me to. Look, Laura… You’re a really cute girl and I have feelings for you. I know this isn’t the best time to ask this kind of thing but would you maybe… Wanna be my girl?

Laura: Aww Matt. I appreciate the compliments and the affection but I just don’t feel the same. B-But I’d love to be friends with you!

Matthew: Yea… Yea that’d be cool.

Laura: Good.

For the next couple of minutes, we just sat there in the living quarters of the boat in awkward silence. I always messed up on asking out cute girls and this was just another 1 added to the list. Suddenly, a red flashing light started to go on and off. We could hear some noises coming from the front of the ship too. The ship started to rock back and forth a little bit. Me and Laura ran towards the deck. When we got out there, a group of Mareanie and Skrelp were seen coming up onto the ship. Laura somewhat hid behind me.

i1M0PWi.png

Laura: Wh-What’s going on? Why are they attacking the boat?

Matthew: Well the water is toxic and they’re Water and Poison Types. The boat might have bothered them and they’re attacking us now. You got Pokemon right?

Laura: I only brought my Lilligant remember?

Matthew: It’ll have to do. Go Pistol Pete and Godra Goodra!

Laura: Come on out Lilligant! We need your help!

All the Pokemon popped out of their PokeBalls and landed onto the deck. They got into their stance for action.

Matthew: Pistol Pete, keep firing Water Pulses to blast these Pokemon back into the sea! Godra Goodra, you use Dragon Pulse to do the same thing! Got it?!

Clawitzer: Claaawitzer!

Sliggoo: Sliggoo Slig!

Laura: Alright. Use Quiver Dance 1st Lilligant!

Lilligant: Lilligant.

Laura: Good! Now that you’re powered up, use Petal Dance to knock these Pokemon back into the water!

Lilligant: Lilligant Lill!

The Pokemon started to blast the Mareanie and Skrelp back into the water. They were all almost off the boat but we didn’t see a couple of them come up from the side of the ship. When we noticed them, it was too late. A couple of the Skrelps used Hydro Pump on Lilligant, sending it into the air. Then some of the Mareanies uses Venoshock on Lilligant while it was still in the air. The double attacks sent it flying over the ship.

Matthew: We need you Jessie! Wrap yourself around the Lilligant and bite onto here so we can pull the both of you back up!

I threw the PokeBall and out came Jessie. She did as she was told and flew after the Lilligant, wrapped herself around the Pokemon and bit as hard as she could onto the top of the deck. The Lilligant was hanging over the water. If Jessie couldn’t hold on, then Lilligant would fall into the water. Laura ran over and tried to make sure that my Arbok wouldn’t let go of its grip to the boat. I knew we had to take care of the rest of the Pokemon.

Matthew: Alright you 2! Finish them off! Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse attacks!

The 2 Pokemon powered up their attacks and then unleashed them. The 2 big beams bolted towards the remaining Mareanie and Skrelp and blew them away. It also blew away a little bit of the deck away with it but it wasn’t anything to important.

Matthew: Thanks you 2. You did a good job. Return!

As soon as the 2 Pokemon went inside of their PokeBalls, I ran over to Laura and helped her drag both her Lilligant and my Arbok back onto the boat. Jessie looked tired but I was proud of it.

Matthew: Nice job Jessie. You did great. Go inside your PokeBall and rest up.

Arbok: Charrrrrbok.

Jessie went inside her PokeBall. I rushed over to Laura and her Lilligant. While it was safe from falling into the water, it looked like it took some serious damage from those Pokemon moves.

Laura: Do you think it’s gonna be ok?

Matthew: It’s definitely taken a beating. I think I saw a healing machine on the boat here. Let’s go look for it.

Laura: Alright. Return Lilligant!

Lilligant went back into her PokeBall and we both searched for the machine. As we were searching, I could hear Laura starting to sniffle.

Matthew: Hey. What’s wrong?

Laura: I-I just feel bad that my Lilligant got badly hurt by those Pokemon… I’m part of the Elite 4. They shouldn’t have been able to hurt it like that.

Matthew: Hey. No matter what position you’re in or how strong you are, a move can still be hurtful to a Pokemon. Especially when it’s a combined attack.

Laura: Plus, I’m just worried about Lilligant. I want it to be ok.

Matthew: Don’t worry. It will be.

The next room we walked into had the healing machine. Laura jumped up and down with happiness. We ran over and put our Pokemon into the machine so they could all heal. After about a couple of minutes, the healing process was done. I returned my Pokemon back to my belt. Laura took her PokeBall and stared at it.

Laura: Come on out Lilligant!

Lilligant: Lilli.

Laura: Hey Lilligant. Are you ok?

Lilligant: Lilli Lilligant!

Laura knelt down and hugged her Pokemon friend.

Laura: I’m so happy you’re feeling better.

Matthew: You’re 1 of the toughest Lilligants I’ve ever seen. You got a pretty special trainer there.

Laura looked at me with happy tears in her face and Lilligant gave me a smile. Laura stood up and pointed a PokeBall towards Lilligant.

Laura: Alright. Now return Lilligant!

Matthew: You really are a good trainer Laura.

Laura: Thanks Matthew. Your battling skills are pretty impressive yourself.

Matthew: Thanks.

A voice started to talk over the speakers of the boat. Neither me or Laura knew the boat had that feature so it freaked us out at 1st.

Speakers: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT YOUR DESTINATION: APOPHYLL BEACH. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

Matthew: Oh my Arceus that was loud and unexpected.

Laura: Tell me about it.

Matthew: Well we’re here. We’re gonna get that machine, then get the badge and then help get back your younger sibling and everyone else.

Laura: Right! Let’s do this!

We walked out of the boat and stepped off of it onto the sand. We stood on the beach looking at our surroundings and where the next place of our adventure would take place.

fSX73ne.png

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 41

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 41

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 41

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 41

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 41

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 41

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - She's still so pretty. -heart eyes- Buuuut she shattered my heart by rejecting me but ohh well. I suppose friendship is better than nothing else. Surprising how she basically hated me when we 1st met and now we're friends now. Glad I got someone helping me with saving everyone. Still though... I hope 1 day she changes her mind about me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew seems to really appreciate ‘grassious’ ladies! Jokes aside, I’m glad to see him in unexpected situations like boat assaults. Laura is a very likable character, I enjoy the romantic feelings in your writings. The development of both characters makes it even more catchy! Keep up the good work, you did it well so far :)

Edited by Q-Jei
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

Matthew seems to really appreciate ‘grassious’ ladies! Jokes aside, I’m glad to see him in unexpected situations like boat assaults. Laura is a very likable character, I enjoy the romantic feelings in your writings. The development of both characters makes it even more catchy! Keep up the good work, you did it well so far :)

Thanks dude. And yea. I feel like we BARELY get to see Laura in the main story so I thought I'd bring her in more like this. Although for right now, they're just friends. :)

4xz7Hgx.png

We started to walk on the beach to our destination which was the Apophyll Academy. The beach looked lovely despite the water being all brown.

Laura: Wow…

Matthew: What is it?

Laura: Ohh. It’s nothing. It’s just been a long time since I’ve been here.

Matthew: Wait. You’ve been here before?

Laura: Of course! All Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 Members show each other where their gym is. And if a new Gym Leader takes over a previous 1, then all the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 Members will visit them to introduce themselves. Then that Gym Leader is allowed 2 weeks hiatus to explore the region to find the other Gym Leaders places.

Matthew: Wow. That sounds really complicated.

Laura: Maybe. But if there’s a crisis, then they’re able to go help or go get help from 1 of us.

Matthew: That’s true I suppose. Were you a student here at any time though?

Laura: No. I was only here when I became an Elite 4 Member. I came here to search for Kiki’s Gym. Although, I did enjoy my time here.

Matthew: Kiki? Ohh yea. The Fighting Type Gym Leader.

Laura: Mhm. So since she has the machine for Strength, I think that means you have to battle her for it.

Matthew: And then I’ll have 5 badges and be a step closer to saving everyone.

Laura: Along with me!

Matthew: Haha. Yes yes. I know.

We saw a building in the distance. We ran the rest of the way there and stopped near the entrance of it. We looked in awe of the building. This actually made me miss school a bit.

mylm5ko.png

Matthew: This place looks amazing!

Laura: It sure does. Looks the same to me but I’m just glad it’s still here.

Matthew: So, have any idea where she could be?

Laura: I think she has her own room in the back of the building. So lets check there 1st.

Matthew: Alright.

We both walked into the academy. It looked pretty nice in there. There was also a healing machine and Nurse Joy here. Thank Arceus. Now I could just travel back here when my Pokemon were hurt. We went back out through another door. There were a couple of dorm rooms to the side of the academy. The area itself looked like a battling arena. We continued walking up into another door. A girl was standing in front of the door that led into Kiki’s room.

isei44N.png

Matthew: Hey. Is Kiki here?

Academy Girl: No. She left just a little bit ago.

Laura: Do you know where she went?

Academy Girl: I think she went down to the Training Grounds just a bit ago.

Matthew: Where’s that at?

Academy Girl: Easy! Go out the door near Nurse Joy and continue heading down. There should be a bunch of people lined up or something. It’ll be easy to spot her.

Laura: Ok. Thank you.

So off we went again to go look for Kiki. We exited the academy and went down where the training grounds were. We looked everywhere and finally found a group of people in a circle. As I was about to go through an opening, I looked up and saw Kiki. My face went from smiley and cheery to shock and horror. I recognized her. She was 1 of the people on the screens in Shade’s Gym. She had her head sliced off by a Garchomp. Then I remembered that Solaris had a Garchomp. I backed up in horror from the realization and accidentially bumped into Laura.

Laura: Matt? What’s wrong?

Matthew: Umm… I… Look, I’m not trying to scare you right now but something bad is gonna happen to her. I don’t when but something will.

Laura: H-How do you know that?…

Matthew: In Shade’s Gym, I looked at a bunch of videos. She was on 1 of them.

Laura: Well… We’ll just have to make sure it doesn’t happen.

Matthew: Yea… Yea. You’re right. Look, don’t tell ANYONE though. Ok? We don’t need people freaking out right now.

Laura: Ok. I won’t tell anyone.

Matthew: Good.

I took a deep breath and walked up to Kiki.

Kiki: Hello there. Are you a new student?

Matthew: Erm, no. Sorry.

Kiki: No need to apologize. It’s perfectly fine that you’re a visitor. Please have a seat though. I’m about to teach a class.

Matthew: Ohh right. Sorry.

I walked over by a rock and stood up against it.

5CknTSU.png

I watched as Laura closed up the circle and Kiki began her class. She went on and on about right and wrong and nice and evil or something like that. To be perfectly honest, I wasn’t paying attention. All I could think about was that image of the Garchomp slicing Kiki’s head off. Luckily though, the class was over fairly quickly. Me and Laura went up to Kiki.

HrOznk2.png

Kiki: Hello again young man. Ahh. Hello there Laura. How are you doing today?

Laura: I’m alright I guess.

Kiki: You seem troubled. As does this person here. Is there something you require me for?

Matthew: You see, some friends of mine, including her younger sister, were kidnapped and the only way to save them is if we get that machine for Strength.

Kiki: Ahh. I see. Well it is in my possession.

Laura: May we have it?

Kiki: Hmm. It is usually awarded to graduating students of the Academy.

Laura: But… But…

Kiki: Do not worry young Laura. I shall be returning to my room in the academy. We shall talk there. I will be expecting both of you there. Farewell.

And with that, Kiki walked off to her room. Me and Laura looked at each other. I could tell she was worried.

Matthew: Don’t worry. I’m sure she’ll give it to us.

Laura: I hope so…

We walked back up to the academy and went inside. As soon as we were about to go back out to get to Kiki’s room, a voice shouted out my name.

j0Kt7oC.png

Victoria: Matthew!

Matthew: Victoria?

Laura: Who is this?

Victoria: Oh my… Is that Laura? A member from the Elite 4?!

Laura: Haha. Yes. Who are you?

Victoria: My apologies. My name is Victoria. I am Kiki’s apprentice.

Laura: Ahh. I see. Well it’s lovely to meet you.

Victoria: Thank you. Wow. What are you doing here?

Laura: I’m here to help Matthew get Strength and then help bust out the kids. 1 of them is my sister.

Victoria: Oh my Arceus! I almost forgot! Have any of you seen Kiki?

Matthew: We just met her a couple of minutes ago. She should be in her room.

Victoria: Good. I’ll see you 2 in there soon then.

Victoria rushed right between us and into Kiki’s room. Me and Laura looked at each other in amazement.

Laura: Wow. She really wants to save the kids as well too huh?

Matthew: Seems like it. Let’s follow in her footsteps though.

Laura: Agreed!

Me and Laura ran towards the other side of the academy and into Kiki’s room. When we got there, Victoria was already talking to Kiki.

VcUKO3g.png

Kiki: Hmm. I see. You need the machine to save the kidnapped children. Incidentally, these 2 here also came to me asking for that. I assume that that is not a coincidence?

Victoria: No, not at all. Matthew is a very good friend of mine

Laura: And as I’ve already told you, my younger sister was part of that group. So I joined in too.

Matthew: We’re all working together to save them.

Kiki: Right. I am moved by your plight. Truly. However…

Matthew: What?

Kiki: Victoria, you know as well as I do that only a graduating student of this academy can be awarded this machine. 1 must attain inner strength before acquiring worldly strength.

Laura: But… Kiki…

Kiki: To disregard that procedure… It’d be disrespectful to every student who has followed it before.

Matthew: So what you’re saying is that only Victoria can get it?

Victoria: Hmm… Then, Sensei, I wish to apply for graduation.

Kik: So you will. I suspected you might finally ask. This may be best, given my… worsening condition.

Matthew: Wait. What do you mean?

Laura: Maybe now isn’t the time to talk about that.

Matthew: Ohh. Right… Sorry.

Victoria: Sensei…

Kiki: Nevermind that. We must not let inner turmoil complicate outside affairs. Victoria, were you successful in your challenge of the Reborn League, as I had asked of you?

Victoria: I will be honest with you. I did not. So much was happening and I had other priorities.

Kiki: Hmm. That is unfortunate. This machine only works when a certain badge is required.

Laura: So… What now?

Kiki: What about you Matthew?

Matthew: What? What about me?

Victoria: Ohh yes! Yes! Matthew can do it! He has plenty of badges already! Another 1 won’t be a problem!

Kiki: So am I to assume that you intend to pass of the machine to an outsider regardless?

Victoria: I am sorry Sensei. If the situation was less drastic, I would not. But under these circumstances, I will if I have to.

Kiki: Hehe… I suppose it cannot be helped but knowing that that is your intention… Matthew, you shall be tested now as well.

Matthew: Uhh… I don’t have to meditate and learn my life’s purpose or something like that do I?

Kiki: No. Nothing of the sort. Victoria, you will stay here and test for your graduation. Matthew, your challenge is elsewhere.

Matthew: And that would be…?

Kiki: Pyrous Mountain.

Laura: Wait a minute. Isn’t that a volcano near here?

Matthew: Wait. It’s a volcano?! Ugh. I hot being in hot places.

Laura: Wait. You possibly have to go through a volcano and you’re focusing on it being hot instead of the lava?

Matthew: Not until you JUST MENTIONED IT!

Laura: Ohh… Right… Sorry…

Matthew: It’s whatever. What do you want me to do Kiki?

Kiki: Atop of Pyrous Mountain is 1 of my newset, though finest, students.

Victoria: Do you mean-

Kiki: Indeed Victoria. Matthew, your challenge is to climb the mountain, find that student and then challenge him to a battle.

Matthew: A battle? Ooo. That’s 1 test I’d be happy to take. Even though it’ll be on top of a volcano but whatever.

Kiki: I wish you good luck.

Matthew: Sweet. It’s time to go. Actually, before I do, come out into the open room Laura. I need to talk to you before I go.

Laura: Ok. See you guys later.

Me and Laura left Kiki’s room and stood out in the widened room.

Matthew: I know you’re an Elite 4 Member but as you said, you only brought your Lilligant and I’m gonna be going into a volcano mountain.

Laura: So what are you saying?

Matthew: For the time being, just stay here with Victoria and Kiki. I’m sure they won’t mind being around you. Maybe you can catch up with Kiki or something like that.

Laura: Well… I suppose you’re right. Plus, it will be way too hot in there for me. Alright. I’ll wait here for you buddy.

Matthew: Haha. Buddy?

Laura: What? Is it too soon?

Matthew: Naw. Just wasn’t expecting it. That’s all.

Laura: Ohh. Well I mean… You’re helping me rescue my sister and all so…

Matthew: I get it. Thanks.

Laura: You’re welcome. But hey. You should leave and go battle that person. You’re right. I’ll see you later Laura.

Laura: Bye Matt.

I left the area and completely left the academy but as I was about to head towards Pyrous Mountain, Victoria came running out, yelling to me.

Victoria: MATTHEW!

Matthew: Ahh! What the hell Victoria!

JEYAfZ3.png

Victoria: Oops. Sorry. I just wanted to wish you good luck.

Matthew: And you had to scare me half to death to do that?

Victoria: Plus… The student Kiki is talking about… His name is Cal. He was actually once the Fire Type Gym Leader for the Reborn League but he retired for some reason and came here after something bad happened?

Matthew: So… A Fire Type user up on a volcanic mountain. How ironic is that? But it does sound tough.

Victoria: He’s really strong. And somewhat cute. I mean… I…

We both stood there for a couple of moments in awkward silence.

Victoria: Anyways… Don’t worry about me and the test. I AM the top student of Apophyll Academy for a reason. When you see him, tell him I said hi alright?

Matthew: Sure. I’ll tell him “Victoria said hi and that you’re somewhat cute.” Haha.

Victoria whipped around and gave me a death stare.

Victoria: If you say ANYTHING like that to him, I will find you and make you regret it.

Matthew: I… I was just messing with you… My word…

Victoria: Haha. I know Matthew. Good luck. See you later!

Victoria turned around and walked back into the academy. I took a deep breath and walked over to Pyrous Mountain. I could already feel the heat coming from the cave as I got nearer. I went inside.

mKSheV2.png

It was really, really, REALLY hot in there. I hated it but I needed to pass my test. I started to go up and down the different layers of the mountain. Apparently, there were small holes for the lava to go down to so I could continue going to the top of the mountain. It took a while but I finally was able to do it. When I reached the tunnel at the top of the cave, I dropped to the ground.

2xxl9BV.png

It was too hot in there but I was so glad to be out. I got up and continued to walk up. I finally reached the top. I looked for Cal. On the other side of the top of the mountain, I could see a figure. I walked over and there was a dude just standing there. He had red hair and all his clothes were mostly red and black.

i34yCSP.png

Matthew: Umm… Hi?

Cal:… Hi. Can I help you?

Matthew: Umm… Kiki sent me up here to battle you.

Cal: She did huh? I haven’t had a serious battle since I resigned as Gym Leader.

Matthew: Yea. I heard about that.

Cal: But even then… I was misguided.

Matthew: Umm… Ok?

Cal: I had let anger drive and… control me. That’s why I came here. To learn to let go of the rage I felt towards my brother. Everything I’ve ever done… It was just to try and prove myself better than him. You’re challenging the Reborn League now, correct?

Matthew: Yes I am. Among doing other things.

Cal: Tell me. Have you met a leader named Shelly.

Matthew: I have in fact. Why?

Cal:… How is she doing?

Matthew: Well, she’s a bit-

Cal: Timid, right?

Matthew: Yea… How’d you know?

Cal: It might have been my fault that she is like that.

Matthew: What did you do to her?!

Cal: I used to keep her around... Watch over her. We connected on some level. We were both always scorned by our brothers as well as our families. Blake… Blake ALWAYS got the attention. He got all the praise for everything. And me? Anything I ever did was just a sloppy second.

Matthew (thinking to myself): I got a huge Cain vibe from that sentence.

Cal: Back then… I was too full of rage to see he was the source of my anger. But Shelly… She understood. But what she failed to understand is that my anger wasn’t directed, like hers, towards trying to earn his love. 1 time, she said something backwards… It set me off… I reacted terribly and-

Matthew: Dude, what did you do to her!?

Cal:… I regret hurting her more than anything.

Matthew: You’re a piece of shit.

Cal: Maybe so but yet, because of it… I was finally able to change. Ahh. Sorry. Look at me, just rambling on. I suppose though being assigned to meditate alone for days on end has that effect on people. I can see claerly now, but the source of my energy… It is exhausted. Foremerly rage but now? What do I have?

Matthew: Look, I don’t know what you did to Shelly but now, this is more than a test. This is gonna be revenge for her.

Cal: Hmhm. Perhaps I’ll stop talking and find out in this battle with you.

After the battle was over, I turned my back to him. I was expecting a harder challenge than that from a former Gym Leader but that was nothing.

Matthew: You know, with you being a former Gym Leader, I was expecting a serious and difficult battle. I would have gotten a more serious battle from a Caterpie.

Cal: Hehe. I seem to have lost my fire after all. But perhaps it is for the best. I only ever started training Fire types to beat my brother’s Ice. How stupid of me.

Matthew: You’re the 1 that said it. Not me.

Cal: In any case, you may go and tell Kiki that you defeated me. I’ll be staying up here still. I’ve got things to finish. Er, meditation that is.

Matthew: Whatever.

I started to walk away. I then remembered that Victoria wanted me to say hello to him. He didn’t deserve it but I decided to be nice for Victoria’s sake. I stopped but didn’t turn around to face him.

Matthew: Before I leave… Victoria wanted me to tell you she said hi.

Cal: Ahh yes. Her. Well thank you.

Matthew: Mhm.

I continued my way back into the mountain and went as fast as I could through it to get out at the bottom. I went to the academy and took a rest near the rest station.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 42

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 42

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 42

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 42

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 42

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 42

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - It felt nice walking around Apophyll with Laura. I have a feeling she's gonna be a great asset to us to help free the kids, which also includes her sister.

Kiki (5/10) - Oh my Arceus... She might die. I hope it doesn't happen. She seems like a nice teacher. Although, she won't give the machine to us to help a bunch of children because of school policies? That's a little messed up to me but at least she's giving us a chance to earn it I guess.

Victoria (8/10 NO CHANGE!) - She made it out to Apophyll finally. Now she's trying everything she can to help us get the machine for Strength. She's doing a great job.

Cal (1/10) - This guy is just no good. I'm sorry that his family is or was messed up but the fact that he did something to Shelly and apparently is THANKFUL for that? I can't forgive that. Plus, he is a weak trainer. I don't know how he ever became a Fire Type Gym Leader here. Might as well had just given badges out without even having to battle him. The only and I mean ONLY thing I like about him... Is his hair. Lucky bastard has red hair. I hate him!

• Like 2

vTQcbCj.png

After resting up for a bit, I proceeded to go to Kiki’s room. When I got in there, I saw Kiki kneeling on the floor with Victoria behind her and Laura beside her. I walked up to them.

ycXhq0z.png

Victoria: Sensei, please! If you keep pushing yourself, you’re going to hurt yourself!

Kiki: N-No. Willpower… is a muscle. I… will not… let mine… slip… away… I have always said: 1 must fight hard to defeat the chaos inside. This just happens to be my chaos. So if you will, please allow me to fight it.

Matthew (whispering): Hey Laura. What happened?

Laura: I’m not sure. She was fine 1 moment and then just feel to her knees in pain. I don’t know what’s going on.

Kiki: Ohh Matthew. You have returned. Please pay no regard to the weakness you just witnessed.

Matthew: Uhh, yes! Ok.

Kiki: I am perfectly fine. I was just only a bit winded. That’s all.

Victoria: So, how was Cal? I mean like, did you beat him in a battle?

Matthew: Yea. Although, I got to be honest, for a former Gym Leader, he wasn’t that tough.

Kiki: So you did. I see. Victoria here has alos already been informed of everything she must do. That means there is but 1 thing left to do. Matthew, I will face you in an official Reborn League match. If you win, not only will you have your badge but you more importantly will get your machine as well.

Matthew: Sweet and double sweet.

Laura: Ooo. A Gym Battle. It’s been a while since I’ve witnessed 1 of those. Would it be alright if I watched from the sidelines.

Kiki: Do as you wish Laura. I will be waiting for your arrival in the courtyard Matthew.

Kiki started to walk out the door but when she got to the doorstep, she bent over and grabbed her stomach in pain.

Kiki: Ugh! Ooo. Apologies. I-I am all right.

She proceeded out of the room and into the courtyard.

Matthew: You ready to watch me beat a Gym Leader?

Laura: Well, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in watching you battle. This ought to be fun.

Matthew: Now you’re talking. Let’s go!

Me and Laura raced out of the room and were about to go to the courtyard but as soon as we got to the door, Victoria stopped us.

xnkHeIu.png

Victoria: Matthew! Laura, wait! I need to tell you 2 something.

Laura: What’s wrong?

Victoria: When you were gone Matt, Kiki didn’t give me the graduation exam at all.

Matthew: What? Then what were you 2 doing all this time?

Victoria: She instead showed me how to run things here in the academy.

Laura: Why would she do that? Is she gonna retire soon or something?

Victoria: No, it’s worse… Matthew, Laura… Kiki’s dying.

My heart dropped to the floor. I was already worrying about her being beheaded by Solaris’ Garchomp and now I’m being told that she’s dying as we speak. Me and Laura looked at each other with sad faces and then back towards Victoria.

Matthew: How… How long has she been sick for?

Kiki: She’s been sick for months but she’s trying her hardest to hide it from the academy students here.

Laura: Makes sense. She seemed off. Last time I was here, she seemed more like her usual self.

Matthew: Man… When did you find out.

Victoria: She just told me before. And worst yet… There’s no cure.

Laura: What? No way…

Matthew: Fuck!

Victoria: I think she intends for me to take over when she… when she…

Laura: You don’t have to say it. We know…

Matthew: This seriously fucking sucks. Like… Fuck.

Victoria: Umm… Laura, can I talk to Matthew alone for a few seconds?

Laura: Ohh sure. Yea. I’ll just head out to the courtyard.

Laura walked out to the courtyard, leaving me and Victoria by ourselves. I could see she wanted to say something but was afraid to.

6TzKhmc.png

Matthew: What is it? It’s ok. Just say it.

Victoria: Matthew… I don’t feel good about you fighting her like this!

Matthew: No. No no no no no. Not this again.

Victoria: Just hear me out. I’m sure we’ll be able to convince her to give us the machine another way. But battling her in a Gym Battle? That’s gonna be too hard on her body. It’s gonna kill her more literally.

Matthew: Victoria… I get it. She’s dying and you’re sad. Hell. I’m sad about it. But you have to realize 1 thing. She KNOWS she’s dying and she wants to continue doing this. You don’t have the right to stop her. Now if you’ll excuse me-

At that point, Victoria threw out a PokeBall and out popped a Pangoro. It blocked my path from the courtyard. I turned around and looked her dead in the eyes.

Matthew: Victoria, what in the hell are you doing? This isn’t what’s right to do.

Victoria: Well it is to me! If I have to, I’ll battle you myself. Yea. That’s right. If you can't beat me, then there’s no reason for you to even challenge her.

Matthew: Victoria…

Victoria: Battle me! Now!

After I won the battle, we both stood there in silence. Finally, Victoria spoke up.

Victoria: This is all for the kids right?

Matthew: That’s right.

Victoria: They’re more important than her life right?

Matthew: Victoria, that’s not what I mean.

Victoria: I’m just gonna head out.

Victoria sluggishly walked out to the courtyard. Before I went to challenge Kiki, I went to the healing spot that was in the academy. Then I went out to the courtyard. A lot of people were standing on the sidelines, prepared to watch the battle go down. I looked over at Victoria. She just looked like someone ripped every emotion out of her except for depression. Kiki seemed like she was trying to focus on the upcoming battle. Laura was just standing there, eagerly waiting for the battle to start. She looked over and smiled and waved to me. I did the same back. That actually made me feel a bit better but not by much. I walked up to Kiki.

Kiki: If you are ready for battle, please take your place on the other side of the battle field.

Matthew: Ok.

I walked over to the other side and stood there. I grabbed a PokeBall from my belt and waited for the battle to begin.

XkJI3o3.png

Kiki: Matthew… Let us all see how well your discipline holds you.

Victoria: The… The challenger, Matthew, will now face the Gym Leader, Kiki, in a 6 on 6 singles battle. Either side may make substitutions. The battle will end when either 6 of either trainer’s Pokemon are unable to battle… Begin.

After the battle ended, everyone that witnessed the battle cheered and clapped. Kiki just returned her last Pokemon back to the PokeBall.

Matthew: That was a good battle Kiki. Very tough to beat you.

Kiki: I thank you for the compliments. Amudst true focus, your energy shines through. All of your hard work has earned you this. Pr-Proceed, take…

Matthew: Are you ok Kiki?

Kiki: I’m sorry. Excuse me, I-

Kiki went to turn around but as she did, she collapsed onto the ground.

NNAj58X.png

Everyone gasped. Victoria, myself and Laura ran over to Kiki and helped her up and also took her back to her room for her to rest. About an hour later, Kiki woke up.

TbOnMwy.png

Kiki: Ahh… What happened?

Victoria: Sensei! You’re awake.

Kiki: What happened Victoria?

Victoria: You collapsed after your Gym Battle with Matthew.

Kiki: Ahh. That’s… unfortunate.

Victoria: Just concentrate on your breathing. Like in Beginning Meditation right? Keep it steady. You’re ok.

Kiki: Am I? Am I really Victoria?

Laura: I know what happened was bad but you don’t-

Matthew: Wait Laura. Just let them talk. We have no involvement with this.

Kiki: There’s no longer any point of keeping up this facade of serenity. Collapsing in my own courtyard… My reputation… It’s just like glass. It’s all shattered!

Victoria: Kiki, nobody could be as strong as you have been through all of this. I mean… Look at everything you’ve done! All the people you’ve made happy and-

Kiki: And nothing Victoria. And nothing. I have to be honest with myself. In the end, for astrong as I’ve been, I’m still too weak!

Victoria: Please Sensei. You must try to calm down. This isn’t-

Kiki: You want me to calm down? How can I? “Defeat the inner chaos?” Did you think I was only talking about zen of the mind? I could be centered to DEAD-ZERO and I will still end up just like that.

Victoria: You musn’t think like that Kiki.

Kiki: No amount of meditation is going to change the simple fact that my own body… my own body is killing itself!

Victoria: Right… I’m…

Victoria ran out of the room with her arm covering her face. Me and Laura looked at each other with shocked expressions. She never saw Kiki go off like that and I just never thought she would do that. Kiki sat back down with her eyes closed.

Kiki: Matthew. Laura. Please leave me. I wish to be alone right now.

Matthew: Yea. Of course.

Laura: Alright…

Me and Laura got up and exited the room. Victoria was just outside of the room wiping tears away from her eyes. Both me and Laura went up to her and hugged her.

MQe3Mqg.png

Victoria: Thanks you 2…

Matthew: No prob.

Laura: You’re welcome.

Victoria: But wow… I’ve never seen Kiki get upset like that before.

Laura: Yea. This is new to me as well. She’s always so calm and collected. That was a bit scary.

Victoria: But I’ve also never seen her faint before either.

Matthew: Yea. That was uhh… That was a scary situation.

Laura: She must be going through a lot.

Victoria: I understand if she just needs to rest alone for a while. I’ll try and keep things together, so she can hopefully get better.

Laura: What about the machine? Ohh. Sorry. I didn’t mean for that to sound ignorant or anything.

Victoria: It’s ok. It didn’t. And don’t worry about that. I’ll be sure to get the machine from her too. As well as your badge Matthew.

Matthew: Sweet.

Victoria: Although, she doesn’t make it, that badge would be reset.

Matthew: Well, it’s not like it would be the 1st time this kind of thing happened… Under the same type of way too unfortunately. Anyways, what are we supposed to do til then?

Victoria: Funny you ask that. Something’s been bothering me.

Laura: What’s that?

Victoria: Wasn’t Cain coming to challenge her as well?

Matthew: Yea but… Wait.

Everything felt like it froze in time. I was so caught up in all of the stuff that was happening in Apophyll that I totally forgot Cain left 1st to come here to get the machine. But I never saw him anywhere here since I’ve been here.

Laura: Who’s Cain?

Matthew: He’s a dude who dresses up as a chick and wears all purple stuff. He’s also another 1 of my friends that’s trying to break out our friends but… I haven’t seen him. And I saw him leave on top of his A. Muk to come here to face Kiki!

Laura: Th-This sounds like a problem…

Victoria: I asked Kiki before. She said he was never here.

Matthew: This is really bad.

Laura: Maybe he got lost?

Victoria: I doubt that. It’s hard to miss a beach this big.

Laura: True. Hmm. Hey. Isn’t there a place between here and Coral Ward?

Matthew: Hmm? What place?

Victoria: Ohh. You mean Azurine Island.

Laura: Yea! That place! He might be there.

Victoria: That’s a good spot as any to go look for him. Would you go look for him Matthew? He still has the key to the Wasteland after all.

Matthew: Yea but that isn’t important right now. I just hope he’s ok.

Laura: Don’t worry Matthew. I’m sure he is.

Victoria: I’ll take care of Kiki, so don’t you worry about her.

Matthew: Right. Then I’ll see you later. Hey Laura?

Laura: Yea?

Matthew: Are you up on helping me go to Azurine Island and find Cain?

Laura: Of course! He’s helping to free my sister and the others after all.

Matthew: Great. Let’s get to the boat and put in the destination!

Me and Laura bolted out of the academy and towards the boat to go find Cain on Azurine Island.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

l6yb9rD.gif

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 43

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 43

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 42

ISLZC49.gif

Weezing (James)/Male/Level 43

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Still. So. PRETTY! But, I'm glad me and her are alone again. Maybe something will change between us? Probably not. But I'm glad she's here with me to go search for Cain.

Kiki +3 (8/10) - Wow... So like no matter what, she is going to die. Well, I hope it happens later instead of sooner. She's such a nice lady and to see her freak out the way she did... She's a strong fighter.

Victoria -2 (6/10) - I get that Victoria is upset that her Sensei is dying and doesn't want her to stress out but... I hate the fact that she said that the kids are more important than her. She knows damn well that's not what I meant. In a weird way, I'm glad Cain is missing cus I have an excuse to not be around her for a bit now.

• Like 2

1IzV199.png

We were on the boat in the living quarters headed towards Azurine Island.

AFxNbjB.png

Laura looked up to me. She could see that I was still worried.

Laura: Hey… It’s gonna be ok Matthew. He’ll be fine.

Matthew: I hope so… If he’s still… You know, I’ll let him say whatever he wants without barking at him to stop.

Laura: What does he say that makes you do that?

Matthew: Well… You’ll see… Hopefully. So, have you ever been here before?

Laura: No. I’ve only heard about it. This is gonna be my 1st time here.

Matthew: I see. Then we’ll be going in totally blind. Ohh well. At least we have each other.

Laura: Hehe. Yep.

Speakers: WE HAVE ARRIVED AT YOUR DESTINATION: AZURINE ISLAND. PLEASE ENJOY YOUR VISIT.

Matthew: Looks like we made it. You ready?

Laura: I’m ready as I’ll ever be.

Laura and I walked out onto the deck and then off the boat and onto the island. The whole area was swampy looking. Our shoes were getting all muddy and mucky.

0DP27rV.png

Laura: Ew! I hate this.

Matthew: Tell me about it. I hate it too. But the faster we find Cain, the faster we can get off of this island.

Laura: You’re right. Let’s go searching then.

We took off deeper into the island to search for Cain. We looked everywhere we could but so far, there was no trace of him. As I was continuing to walk in this direction. Laura called out to me.

Laura: Hey Matt! Wait! Come back here really quick!

Matthew: What is it? Did you find something?

Laura: -pointing to the ground- Is that an earring?

9LIRFGq.png

I looked down to where Laura was pointing at and saw an earring. I picked it up from the mucky ground and tried to clean some of the mud off of it. As I continued to clean it, I realized something.

Matthew: Wait… This is… This is…

Laura: What? What is it?

Matthew: This is Cain’s earring. He never takes these things off. Well unless he’s about to get “busy.” Uh… Anyways, this at least confirms he’s here somewhere.

Laura: It does… But where?

I looked around at all of our surroundings. It was a decently sized island but I wasn’t about to give up.

Matthew: I’m not sure but I’m not gonna quit looking for him. Come on. Let’s go.

Laura: Right!

We continued our search for Cain. We searched every area we were able to but still, we had no luck. Finally, we found something. It looked like a house of some sort.

aUwpaAR.png

Laura went to walk in but I stopped her. I needed to talk to her before we just went in.

Laura: Why’d you stop me?

Matthew: Hey, I’m not too sure but I’m pretty sure that this is the work of Team Meteor.

Laura: Team Meteor? Who are they?

Matthew: An evil organization that’s trying to wipe out Reborn for some reason.

Laura: What?! That’s just insane!

Matthew: I know. But I just thought you should know before just going in there with you not knowing about these guys.

Laura: How sure are you that they’re behind this?

Matthew: About 99.9% sure.

Laura: What’s the .1% for?

Matthew: Cain might have gotten lost and just came here to ask someone for directions. But I highly doubt it. Now, are you ready?

Laura: Mhm. Me and Lilligant are ready.

Matthew: Good.

I had Laura stay behind me. I put my hand on the doorknob, opened the door fast and stormed inside. When we got inside the building, I could see 2 Team Meteor Grunts but they weren’t just any ordinary grunts.

ZAVdNwL.png

Eclipse: Ahh hello! Was not expecting you here.

Aster: Ohh hi Matt!

Matthew: Yea. Hi Aster.

Eclipse: Seriously Aster. He compliments you 1 time and you suddenly become his best friend? He didn’t even mean it.

Aster: Of course he did. Right Matthew?

Matthew: Of course I meant it.

Aster: See Eclipse? He did!

Eclipse: Whatever. Who’s the girl there?

Laura: M-My name is Laura. I’m part of the Elite 4. Now let Matt’s friend go n-now!

Aster: Wait. Did she say the Elite 4?

Eclipse: What?! How could you possibly have gotten an Elite 4 Member to help you?!

Matthew: Well 1 of the kids your team kidnapped was her younger sister soooo-

Aster: Well… That was unexpected.

Eclipse: Doesn’t matter though. Your purple haired friend is already captured.

Aster: Boss’ orders of course though.

Eclipse: Apparently, he escaped that previous ambush that took your sister and others.

Laura: Where is she?!

Aster: Sorry but we can’t say.

Eclipse: Anyways, we had to correct that mistake. And now, we’re gonna take you 2 out.

Matthew: Haha. Ohh boy. Yea. We’ll see about that.

It was Aster & Eclipse against me and Laura. Despite Laura having only her Lilligant, it’s high level power was enough to make this battle a breeze and easily defeat through these 2.

Aster: Wow… I never fought an Elite 4 Member before. That felt amazing!

Eclipse: Shut it Aster. This isn’t a good thing.

Aster: Ohh yea. You’re right… Sorry Matthew.

Matthew: Where is he?!

Eclipse: Hehe. Good luck finding your friend.~

Aster: Haha. Yea! We’ve got him hidden away in here good.

I smiled at the remark Aster just said. Eclipse did a face palm and looked like she was going to kill him.

Matthew: Aster, I have to say this again. You’re my FAVORITE member of Team Meteor.

Aster: Haha. I know but thank you.

Eclipse: Are you… Why… Can you just for once in your life shut the fuck up?! You just told them that he’s here!

Aster: Ohh… Whoops.

Eclipse: Ugh Whatever. We need to go inform the boss of another enemy. We’re gone. See ya!

And just like that, Aster & Eclipse rushed out of the building. Laura looked at me with a weird expression on her face.

Laura: That’s Team Meteor?

Matthew: 2 of the many grunts they have.

Laura: They seem weird.

Matthew: Those 2 are basically the only weird ones on the team. Everyone else… Trust me. They’re dangerous.

Laura: I’ll have to be careful then. Seems I’ve made an enemy today.

Matthew: Sorry about that.

Laura: It’s ok… They kidnapped my sister. I think it was inevitable that we’d cross paths at some point.

Matthew: True. Alright. They have to have a hidden room in here somewhere. Look for anything suspicious.

We started to investigate the room to see if there was a secret switch for a secret room or anything like that. But so far, we couldn’t find anything. 15 minutes into our search, Laura called me over to a piece of machinery.

yL1pzjU.png

Laura: Hey Matt. Come over here.

Matthew: Find something?

Laura: There’s something behind this machine.

Matthew: Alright. Let’s move this.

We went to 1 side of the machine and started pushing. It was a little tough but we eventually moved it out of the way. When we got done with moving it, we looked back and noticed another doorway.

vBbL90N.png

We walked through and up the path. At the end, we were faced with a couple of Team Meteor Grunts, Taka, a Camerupt trapped in a cage and as well as Cain trapped in a cage.

Taka: Mhm. Yes. Camerupt is ready. Let’s get going shortly, all right?

Matthew: Not too sure you’ll be leaving shortly.

n09QRDV.png

Taka: Ohh. Hey Matthew. Didn’t expect to see you down here. -looks over at Laura- Who’s the girl?

Matthew: Ohh she’s just a friend.

Cain: Thank Arceus you’re here Matthew! And… Wait. Laura!? You’re part of the Elite 4! Why are you here?!

Laura: My little sister was part of the group of yours that got kidnapped. So I’m with Matthew and helping him to rescue them and now you.

Taka: Haha. Making friends in high places are we Matthew? No biggie. So, came for you friend huh? Yea. Sorry about that.

Matthew: Not too sure how sincere you are on that 1.

Taka: Take it as you will. We were ordered to capture him. It was so simple though. He was just sailing right be so we grabbed him and and now here we are.

Cain: Ohh Matthew! I am but a damsel, imprsoned and distressed! Matthew, save me! My darling prince!

Matthew: Cain, you have no idea how happy I am to hear you say those things.

Cain: Hehe.~

Taka: Still. I’m quite surprised you found us. This island was meant to be for breeding Pokemon and repopulating the region.

Matthew: That’s what this island is for?

Laura: I never knew that. I thought it was just an island.

Taka: Well it’s not anymore. We closed it. But nobody should be coming here.

Matthew: Well we’re here.

Taka: This building here. It was just an observation center. Well, until we-

Matthew: Let me guess. Hijacked it?

Taka: Well despite being sarcastic, you are correct.

Cain: Matt! Laura! They’re gonna try to attack Apophyll!

I stood there looking at Taka but in my mind, I was playing out scenes that could happen. But a lot of them ended with the same vision. Kiki being killed by the Garchomp.

Taka: Well yea. That’s the plan. Take a PULSE up there as well as the Camerupt. You probably already know this but Pyrous Mountain is the last active volcano in Reborn.

Laura: What are you planning to do there?

Taka: We take the Camerupt, put it into the PULSE Machine and have it use Eruption. Then we can say bye-bye to Apophyll.

Matthew: That’s totally fucked up.

Taka: True. But still. That’ll be 1 pocket of civilization wiped off the map and off our to-do list.

Matthew: Well you won’t have any luck in succeeding with your plans!

Taka: Haha. Anyways… We were also ordered to capture you as well. Although, we didn’t expect you to walk in here with an Elite 4 Member but no matter. Time for you to be captured.

Laura: Good luck with that. I won’t let Matthew fight alone.

Matthew: You will.

Laura: Wait. What?

Matthew: Well, not completely. I need you to take out the rest of the grunts in here. I’ll deal with Taka. Got it?

Laura: Yes. Alright Lilligant! Time for another battle with these Team Meteor Grunts.

Team Meteor Grunt: Holy Moly. Even with just 1 Pokemon, she wiped us all out like it was nothing.

Laura: Well I’m not an Elite 4 Member for nothing you know.

Taka: Ohh well. I tried. Seems like you’re still be freed huh?

Matthew: Looks like it.

Taka: Well, in that case… Team Meteor, prepare to retreat. And bring Camerupt with us. I’d say we just gotta hope Matthew doesn’t try to stop us but that would be stupid of me to say. We’ll see you up there Matthew.

The grunts and Taka took everything they needed and bolted out of the building. Laura and I went over to the cell and pulled it open, releasing Cain.

2qfszyf.png

Cain: Phew! I knew you’d come for me~

Laura: Are you ok?

Cain: Yea. They just brought me back here. I’m surprised you’re traveling around with an Elite 4 Member Matthew!

Matthew: Yea well-

Cain: And I was just kidding before about the damsel and prince thing.

Matthew: Trust me. I was soooo happy to hear that coming out of your mouth.

Cain: Hehe~ Someone has a soft spot for me huh?

Matthew: Ohh shush.

Laura: I don’t mean to break up this reunion but what about Pyrous Mountain?

Cain: Ohh yea! We gotta hurry! If we don’t get there in time, those Meteor freaks are gonna make Pyrous erupt and destroy Apophyll.

Matthew: I’m not gonna allow that to happen!

Cain: Good. I’m gonna head over there now. Hopefully, I won’t get captured again. I’ll see you guys there!

Cain ran out of the room being followed by me and Laura. We hopped back onto the boat and went back to Apophyll Beach. As soon as the boat got there, we jumped onto the beach and ran straight over to the academy. As we got there, we saw Victoria standing outside, waiting for us.

q71s4TY.png

Victoria: Matthew! Laura! Cain told us everything that happened!

Laura: So what do we do?

Victoria: Come to Kiki’s room. She wants to talk to us all!

And with that, Victoria ran back to the room. Me and Laura followed suit, not wanting to waste anytime.

Pokemon Team

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

l6yb9rD.gif

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 43

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 44

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 43

ISLZC49.gif

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - This rescue mission was a breeze thanks to Laura. She easily helped me defeat Aster & Eclipse and beat the remaining grunts as I took on Taka. She's so tough and... And... I so wish I was she wanted to be with me. T_T

Taka (5/10 NO CHANGE!) - Despite not having seen him since the destruction of the Jasper & Beryl Wards, he still doesn't seem like he wants to be with Team Meteor but yet he continues to side with them. Hell. He's even telling me he can't wait to see me up at Pyrous Mountain. Why won't he leave Team Meteor?

Cain +1 (10/10) - Ohh thank Arceus he's ok! T_T But he told us some important information about Team Meteor's plans. Maybe him getting captured isn't such a bad thing.

Original Double Battle Video Here!

Spoiler

Now since I changed the way that battle played out, I didn't put the battle video there. But for anyone that wants to see the original battle, please watch and enjoy this battle between me and Aster & Eclipse. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gor9d87.png

Me and Laura ran into Kiki’s room. Everyone else was already sitting around her. We came in and did the same thing.

97Spf7K.png

Kiki: Good. Everyone’s here. I cannot speak much, nor long. We already saw the Meteors pass through and they’ve begun climbing the mountain.

Matthew: Damnit. I thought maybe we’d have a bit more time since we battled a couple of them before coming here.

Cain: They’re gonna use a machine to make a Camerupt react with the volcano.

Laura: They’re gonna force it to erupt!

Victoria: Wait. If they do that, then the academy and everyone here will be… will be-

Kiki: From what I’ve been told of their motives, I can only assume that it is more than that.

Matthew: What do you mean Kiki?

Kiki: The 2 may be separated by the toxic lake, but if Apophyll is destroyed, the city will be hurt as well.

Cain: That doesn’t sound good at all. But it makes sense for them. They’re so hell bent on making everyone leave for some reason.

Matthew: Wait wait. I’m confused. Not that I’m saying I want Apophyll destroyed but how would this place being in lava and gone hurt the city?

Kiki: Well you see Matthew, even though we reject the technology which festers in Reborn, we are 2 sides of the same coin. Reborn, outside the city and within, is 1 whole.

Matthew: Ohh. I get it. So if 1 part is gone, then things just wouldn’t be the same?

Kiki: Precisely. And the power will shift to their favor. We must stop them and time is short.

Cain: Well, if they’ve already begun, what can we do?

Kiki: Our only hope is that Cal can hold them off til you all get there.

Laura: Wait. Just us. What about you?

Kiki: I-I… A-Ah…

Victoria: You have to try to take it easy Sensei! You need to conserve your strength!

Matthew: I know she’s in pain and all Victoria, but now’s not the time to try to be taking it easy.

Victoria: Will you shut up Matthew? That’s not helping in the slightest right no-

Kiki: Victoria! Stop that. He is only telling the truth. There is no time for that.

Victoria: No… No you’re wrong. You’re both wrong. There has to be. Matthew… Cain… Laura… Please find a way to stop them. I;m going to stay here with Kiki and make sure that’s she’s ok.

Matthew: Victori-

Victoria: This is what I’m doing!

Cain: It’s cool Matt. Just let it be.

Matthew: Fine. Fine.

Victoria: I’m trusting you 3 to help Cal out and stop Team Meteor. All right?

Matthew: Don’t really like the guy but sure. Guess we don’t have a choice if he’s holding them up.

Victoria: Ok. You’ve been acting weird since you got done battling him. Do you have a problem with him or something?

Matthew: He’s a jerk. Plain and simple.

Victoria: Or are you jealous of him? I think that’s it.

Matthew: Why in the world would I be jealous of him? Like I said, he’s a JERK!

Victoria: Why you-

Kiki: ENOUGH! Ack! Urgh…

Victoria: Sensei!

Laura: Come on Matt. Me, you and Cain will go. Let Victoria stay with Kiki.

Matthew: …Fine.

Cain: We have to go quickly. Come on!

Cain zoomed out of the room. Me and Laura followed suit, leaving Kiki and Victoria in the room. I was still pretty pissed about Victoria getting up in my face about Cal. If only she were up there when I was and heard what he said, she’d feel the same way I would. Or would she? Laura could see I was still mad.

Laura: H-Hey Matthew?

Laura: I believe you.

Laura: I believe you.

Matthew: About what?

Laura: Whatever it is that Cal did or said to you up there on the mountain before… I believe you. -puts her hand on my shoulder-

Matthew: -smiles, feeling better- Thanks Laura.

As we made it up to the entrance of the cave, we could see a Team Meteor Grunt, Cain and his Nidoking out. We walked up beside him.

RWVHYw8.png

Matthew: What’s going on dude?

Cain: Well this guy popped out and I expected a battle, hence why my Nidoking is out. But he’s not doing anything but just… standing there. And not moving.

Team Meteor Grunt: No sir. Those are the orders that were given to me. No entry or battle.

Cain: Soooo… You’re not gonna send out a Pokemon? Just gonna stand there?

Team Meteor Grunt: Yes. I’m just gonna stand here to block your path. Because that’s what I’m here for!

Matthew: -turning to Laura- Why did he make that sound like he was being a super hero or something?

Cain: Riiiiight. Nidoking?~ If you’d be so kind?

Nidoking went up to the guy and knocked him down a small cliff, leaving him unable to climb back up.

veXD0N0.png

Me and Laura snickered as Cain continued to venture inside the mountain.

Matthew: Ok. I know this is a serious situation that’s going on right now but… That was funny.

Laura: Hehehe. I agree.

Matthew: Alright. Let’s continue.

Laura and I rushed into the mountain. As soon as we were about to go up the mountain, we heard a familiar voice call our names.

CZxwptz.png

Victoria: Matthew! Laura!

Matthew: What’s she doing here?

Victoria: Finally. Caught up to you.

Matthew: Not that far of a run from here.

Victoria: Look… I didn’t come here to fight Matthew. We gotta make sure that Team Meteor doesn’t succeed with their plan of making Pyrous Mountain erupt.

Matthew. Alright. Alright. Fine. You’re right.

Laura: But wait. What are you doing here at all. I thought you were gonna take care of Kiki.

Victoria: She made me leave her. She said there was nothing I could do for her.

Matthew (thinking to myself): THAT’S WHAT I’VE BEEN TRYING TO DRILL INTO YOUR SKULL WOMAN!

Victoria: I know she’s right but… I don’t like it.

Matthew: Trust me Victoria. She’ll be fine.

Victoria: I hope so. So you know the way to the top, right? I’ll just follow the 2 of you guys.

Matthew: Wait. Since there’s 3 of us going up, let’s come up with a quick plan.

Laura: For what? Do you think we’ll be taking on Team Meteor Grunts in here?

Matthew: I doubt Cain would just fight every single 1 on his way to the top of this mountain.

Victoria: Matt’s right. Alright. Here’s what we’ll do. Me and Matt will be the primary attackers. Laura, you stay behind us and back off and Team Meteor Grunts that try to interfere.

Matthew: And don’t worry. We’ll get them too after we deal with the ones we’re currently dealing with.

Laura: Well… Sounds like a good plan just as any. Let’s go then!

Victoria and I led the party upwards as Laura stayed behind us to keep off any oncoming Meteor Grunts. We faced many of them going up there but our plan of attack worked and we finally made it up to the top of the mountain. As we were making our final steps to the top, Victoria stopped us.

sYEiVwm.png

Victoria: Can I ask you something Matthew?

Matthew: What is it?

Victoria: Before when you battled Cal, what did you think of him?

Matthew: Ok… Seriously? You’re gonna ask that right now?

Laura: No offense Victoria but… I agree with Matthew. We should just focus on the problem at hand.

Victoria: Oh… Right. Sorry.

We ran all the way up to the top and spotted everyone. Cain stood alone on 1 side while Cal, Taka & Solaris stood on the opposite. I found it kind of weird that Cal was resting near Team Meteor people but I couldn’t think about that right now. What was on my mind at that point was the people of Apophyll and Kiki. Now that she wasn’t here, I didn’t have to worry about her being beheaded by the Garchomp. We all ran up to Cain’s defense.

Victoria: Ohh Cal! Were you defeated already?

Cal: About that. Umm…

Cain: I tried my best but I couldn’t take both of them at once. Ohh yea. Look over there. -pointing to the PULSE Camerupt- That’s the machine they’re going to use to destroy Apophyll!

oSYKvNl.png

Victoria: It’s ok Cain. You did the best you could do for Apophyll and for that I thank you. Don’t worry. The rest of us will handle this. -walks up to Taka- I will not let you or anyone else lay a finger on Cal or anyone on Apophyll for that matter!

Solaris: Haha. How amusing.

Matthew: Time to get some revenge!

I went to go face to face with Solaris but Laura put her arm up blocking me. I was shocked and confused by this.

Matthew: Laura?

Laura: Listen Matt. He seems like a really tough trainer. I’m part of the Elite 4. Let me handle him.

Matthew: But you only have-

Laura: I know. But I’m not part of the Elite 4 for nothing Matt. And trust me. I think you’re a great trainer but this…

Matthew: You know what? You do this Laura. Show him who’s the real boss here.

Laura: Thanks.

I stood back as Laura stood toe to toe with Solairs.

zaf8SrH.png

he was nervous for sure but she was trying to do the right thing for Apophyll. Solaris, however, didn’t seem started in the least. In fact, he snickered at it.

Solaris: Hahaha. So, Laura right? Yes. My underlings informed me about you. An Elite 4 Member helping out. We did not expect that. At least not yet.

Lauara: Y-You leave these people and this mountain alone! There’s no reason to do this!

Solaris: I can hear the nervousness in your voice in that demand.

Laura: I may be nervous but I w-won’t let you harm these people!

Solairs: Hmm. Tell me. Is it true that you only have 1 Pokemon at your disposal at this time.

Laura: -grabs her PokeBall and shows it to his face- Yes… It is.

Solaris: Hmm. Let’s make this a little fun. It will be a 1-on-1 battle. If you win, we’ll pack up and leave this place. But if I win, I continue through with the plan.

Laura: Umm…

Solaris: In fact, if any of you can defeat 1 of the Pokemon I choose to face her in this battle, I will do just that. But… It is highly unlikely that that will happen.

Laura looked around at everyone. Her eyes met Victoria’s, Cain’s and mine. She seemed to fixate on mine for some reason but then she looked back to Solaris.

Laura: Fine. I accept your terms as well as everyone else here…

Solaris: Excellent. Son, while I teach this Elite 4 Member a lesson, you take on the girl.

Cain: Wait. You 2 are father and son?!

Taka: Seems so.

Matthew: Of course you 2 are.

Solaris: Now, let the battle commence.

Laura returned her Lilligant back to her PokeBall. Everyone looked on in disbelief. This even stopped the battle bewteen Victoria and Taka.

IXdtYxM.png

Taka: Hmm. Even I didn’t expect that.

Victoria: No way… Laura lost?

Cain: Whoa…

Matthew: Are you ok Laura?

Laura: I’m sorry guys… I tried my best but… he’s just too tough…

Solaris: Exactly. Not even a member of the Elite 4 can stop us. So if you’ll please-

Kiki: If you will, please stand aside.

The voice shocked us. Cain moved out of the way and let Kiki walk towards Solaris.

Victoria: Kiki? What are you doing here?! You should be resting at the Academy! You’re too weak!

My mind was racing. That video I saw. Kiki was getting closer and closer to the Garchomp. At any second, that beast could slice right through her neck and decapitate her. I was horrified.

Laura: Kiki… I’m sorry.

Kiki: It is alright young 1. You did what you could to defend this place. Thank you. Now please step back.

Laura: A-Alright…

uGNswsU.png

Kiki: -throws a PokeBall into the air- Medicham!

Solaris: Hmph! No matter how many of you there are, you cannot stop it. The PULSE will soon reach full capacity.

Kiki: In that case… Medicham, destroy that machine with High Jump Kick!

Solaris: Cal, stop it!

Cal: Magmortar! Catch it!

Magmortar popped out of its PokeBall and caught the Medicham in time. Laura, Victoria, Kiki, Cain and myself all looked at him in shock.

5Y1q44x.png

Matthew: I knew there was something about you… You were standing over them by their side. I should have put 2 and 2 together! You son of a-

Victoria: Wait… Cal, you’re betraying us?

Cal: Sorry Victoria. I know this isn’t what you thought of me. But I suppose I have a habit of not really being what people want me to be.

Matthew: Shut up Cal…

Solaris: Now… Dispose of it.

Cal: What? But that-

Soalairs: Do it. Now!

Cal:… Do it Magmortar.

Magmortar turned towards the lava. It held Medicham behind it and then through it into the lava, killing it instantly. Everyone was in total shock at the sight of this.

Bpa09yk.png

Kiki: My… My…

Cal: Sorry Sen- Kiki…

Solaris: All those who oppose Team Meteor will be silenced.

As soon as I heard Solaris say that, I turned around ready to run towards Kiki to try to push her to safety. But it was too late.

Solairs: Execute Garchomp!

With amazing speed, the Garchomp sped in front of Kiki. Kiki looked up at the beast and closed her eyes as it raised its scythe like hands and swung down slicing Kiki’s neck, killing her instantly.

jAdByxF.png

Laura was standing right next to her. She jumped back, almost falling off the mountain. Everyone dropped their jaws in total shock and horror.

Cal: No! Why did-

Victoria: Kiki!

Cal: Solaris! This was NOT part of the plan!

Solaris: She would have died in the flames. You have no reason to be upset. You knew this would hap-

Cal: No, I didn’t want this! You know what? I’m done.

Solaris: Hm. It seems you’re as weak as your brother advised, after all.

Matthew: Really?! So everything you said to me before Cal. Was it all true? Or were you just trying to make me feel sorry for you.

Cal: I was serious Matt. And you Solaris, maybe I am. I am also pathetic. But Kiki made me realize that and also helped me accept it. Strength isn’t what’s important. Or maybe it is, and maybe weakness is just standing by, not doing anything to stop the things you hate from happening around you. But I’ll stop that right now. Magmortar? Destroy the PULSE!

Magmortar turned towards the PULSE and launched a powerful Flamethrower attack. It connected and somehow released the Camerupt.

a45cegq.png

The PULSE Machine was now destroyed. I don’t know why. Maybe knowing that there was nothing left they could do or they didn’t want to lose their Pokemon either, everyone recalled their Pokemon back to their PokeBalls. Except for Solaris. Garchomp went back to its place in front of its master.

Solairs: Blake was right. You are useless and you killed your own teacher.

I was seething. The fear that I had when I 1st met Kiki finally came true. And I was not happy. I was seething with rage. I was hurt and angry. Kiki didn’t deserve to die that way. I slowly walked up to Solaris.

uqPngJ3.png

Laura: Matthew?

Cain: Matt don’t. It’s not-

Victoria: Wait Cain…

Solairs: Haha. Matthew, I am quite surprised that you’d step up to me, let alone challenge me. I suppose we still have unfinished business with each other.

Matthew: You killed Kiki and had her Pokemon burned alive. What is WRONG with you?! Do you have no soul in your heart?! Nothing?!

Solaris: As I said, anyone that gets in Team Meteors way must be eliminated. Which reminds me. -looks towards Laura- While you are not a threat to me at this time, I would like to keep it that way. So? Garchomp, execute!

Laura: What?!

Matthew: You motherfucker! No! Laura!

The Garchomp sped right to in front of Laura.

LPoVwMk.png

It raised its arm into the air but unlike with Kiki, I was able to push Laura to the corner of the mountain, keeping her safe from the attack. But I didn’t think of my own move after that. I looked up at the beast and watch it swing its scythe like arm towards my face. Now I have no idea how this happened but I was able to make it miss going for my throat. That was the lucky part. The unlucky part was this. Its sharp arm somehow came into my mouth and slashed through it.

ids3jBP.png

The Garchomp jumped back in front of Solaris. I held my cheek to try to stop the bleeding but it felt so weird. I slowly let go and could see that my cheek was hanging by my skin. It was gruesome looking. Everyone looked on disgust. You could literally see the teeth on the right side of my face. Laura got really concerned for me.

Laura: Oh my…. Oh my Arceus….. Matt, are you ok?!

Matthew: Ahhhhhhh! (slurred): It’s really painful! Urrrrgh!

Solaris: Well, I was going for a kill but seeing you suffer does bring me a lot of joy. Haha.

Victoria: Matt! Holy Arceus!

Cain: Whoa. What the… You’re crazy!

Taka: Ok. That’s seriously fucked up. Even for me.

I was in horrible pain, fearing for my life and really fucking pissed off at Solaris for trying to kill the girl that I really liked. I held my cheek back to its original place. I slowly stood up, with blood pouring from my face to the ground.

Q80SQge.png

I looked up at Solaris and gave him a death stare. But of course this didn’t affect him.

Solaris: Is there something you wanna say? Or at least try to say?

Matthew: Urrrrgh! WEEETTHAAAAAAAAAAM!

I said the name and the transformation happened but it was different. Something went wrong with this 1. I could feel Wehttam taking over but unlike most times, I didn’t feel myself leave. I was still in control and soon, so was Wettham. We fell to the ground.

Laura: Ma… Matthew….?

Taka: What in the hell just happened to him?

Cain: Matt?

I slowly started to rise back to my feet but I was a bit groggy. I wasn’t sure what was going on at 1st. I looked at my friends but they looked at me with confusion. Even Solaris looked out of it looking at me. I pulled out my PokeGear and looked at the dark screen. My right eye had turned completely red and the left side of my hair turned all grayish white. Just like Wehttam.

LPkM0VV.png

I looked at my body but when I talked, 2 different voices were heard but saying the same thing.

???: What the… What’s happened to me?

Solaris: What is going on here? What has happened to you?

Victoria: Matthew, your cheek!

I felt it. It was back in place where it was. But how was that possible? Suddenly, I felt myself talking in a weird way.

???: (Wehttam) Ahhh yeeees. It seems I have returned to the living world but this time with a twist! (Matthew) Wait. Wehttam? But… How? How is this possible? (Wehttam) I am not sure but it feels WONDERFUL to not be alone here.

Laura: Umm… Can anyone tell me what’s going on with him?

Cain: I have no clue but… It’s kind of cool.

Solaris: Matthew, I-

Mattam: (Wehttam) Uh uh uh. It’s not Matthew. (Matthew) Well, it’s not like it’s all just you here Wehttam. (Wehttam) True vessel my soul resides in. I suppose that when you see us like this, call us Mattam. (Matthew) Mattam? Really? Well I suppose it’ll have to do. This is still so weird though. (Wehttam) Maybe for you but for me, this feels fantastic! YEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeSsSsSsSsSsSs!

We walked up to Solaris and grabbed a PokeBall from our belt. Solaris still looked confused but also didn’t show any kind of scared expression on his face.

g4CT9UY.png

Solaris: What in the world are you doing Matthew? You are being ridiculous.

Mattam: (Matthew) No, YOU’RE being ridiculous! You killed Kiki and then tried to kill Laura! (Wehttam) It is high time that we have tried to DELETE you from this realm as well. (Matthew) Even though this is new to me… Well both of us, we challenge your Garchomp to a battle Solaris. (Wehttam) YES! So what do you say Solaris. Will you give us a battle with the Chomp of Gar?!

Solaris: I don’t know what kind of facade you’re putting on here for your friends but I’ll be gladly to put you down and shut you up once and for all.

Luara: Oh my… They did it… They beat him!

Victoria: Wow. That’s incredible!

Cain: You’re a strange trainer but I’m loving that ass kicking you gave~

Mattam: (Wehttam) Ahh yes. The purple boy wonder. It is a pleasure to meet you acquaintance. I am sorry for the odd way we had to meet though. (Matthew) So Solaris. You’re 1 Pokemon couldn’t defeat me. What now?

Solaris: Hmph. There is no point in staying here any longer. Matthew… You are Team Meteor’s #1 enemy and will be eliminated any means necessary. Until then, Farewell. Let’s go Taka.

Taka: As you say father.

Taka and Solaris got off of the mountain. Victoria ran over to Kiki’s body and held her. Cal walked up to her.

oSw44eA.png

Cal: Victoria… I’m so sorry. I never meant for this to-

Victoria: Then just what did you mean to happen, Cal?! You meant to destroy all of Apophyll? What about me? Did you want me dead too?

Cal: No!

Victoria: -Turning to Mattam- Matt or Wehttam or whatever, you were right. He is a jerk. A major 1.

Mattam: (Matthew) Thank you! (Wehttam) Anger has become of you Matthew. But I understand why. (Matthew) I hope you do!

Victoria: -turning back to Cal- What were you thinking?! Were you lying to us the whole time!? Did you even care at all?! Well?!

Cal: Victoria, I-

Victoria: No! Just… Just shut up. Shut up and don’t talk to me. Leave.

Cal: I’m sorry…

Victoria: I can’t even look at you right now.

Cal:… That’s fine.

Cal went back to where I had last seen him. Everyone else remaining all circled around Kiki’s body. Victoria was sobbing.

bmzM3OA.png 

Cain: Victoria, are you ok?

Victoria: I’m fine but Kiki…

Mattam: (Wehttam) While I haven’t met this vessel as she was alive, I would assume that she had saved the place in some way or another. (Matthew) She did. She really did.

Cain: Apophyll is saved thanks to Kiki’s actions.

Victoria: That’s right. She died protecting the place she loved. It was her home and everyone there was her family. She… She built it from the ground up.

Laura: She gave life to it.

Victoria: And for it. Kiki… I’m so sorry.

Mattam: (Matthew) Hey. You did everything you could… Although some of them weren’t the best but… Your heart was in the right place and that’s what matters. (Wehttam) I concur with his words. Yeeees.

As we all continued to look at Kiki’s body, I started to feel a little dizzy and wobbled backwards a bit.

Laura: Mat… Mattam? What’s wrong?

Mattam: (Matthew) I’m… I’m not too… sure. I feel dizzy… (Wehttam) This form is new to me as well and I can feel myself slipping back into this vessel. (Matthew) So… I’ll have control of… Ooof… I’ll have control of my body… again? (Wehttam) It appears so. I apologize for how I came out but it seems that it was effective still. (Matthew) Yes… Yes it-

Before I could complete my sentence, I felt Wehttam completely go back into the soul in my body. The gray hair line vanished as did my red eye. I started to feel something wet on the side of my cheek. I felt it and it was all bloody again, with my cheek again hanging off to the side. As soon as I saw that, I fainted onto the ground. Laura came running over to me.

3TYDqbR.png

Laura: Matt! Matt! Say something to me! Matt!

Cain: Ok. I don’t know what the HELL is going on with him but we gotta bring him back down to the academy.

Victoria: Right. I’ll carry Kiki down and you 2 get Matt. We have doctors down there. They’ll stitch his cheek back together.

Laura: Ok. Good. Don’t worry Matt. We’ll get you to safety.

Laura and Cain somehow were able to pick me up and drag me down to Apophyll Academy as Victoria carried Kiki’s body. Sometime later, I woke up. I was back in Kiki’s old room in the academy. Laura looked over to me and was delighted to see me up.

ypz7zcV.png

Laura: Hun! You’re awake!

Matthew: Wha- Ow!

Cain: I’d give talking a rest for a while right now. The doctors here did all they could to reattach your cheek back.

Victoria: It looks pretty good to be honest.

Laura: At least you’ll have a bad ass scar.

Matthew: -laughs weakly and tries to talk without moving my cheek- Hey… How long was I out for.

Cain: It’s been about… a day and a half?

Matthew: Wha- Ow!

Victoria: We wanted to make sure you were ok and stuff. That whole thing up on the mountain was absolutely crazy.

Matthew (slurring my words): Do you mean Solaris slicing my cheek open or… The other me?

Laura: Umm… I mean-

Cain: Pretty much both. We’d ask you for an explanation on the other you coming out and your eye and hair changing but with your condition, we’ll hold off on that.

Matthew (slurring my words): Hehe… Thanks…

Victoria: By the way, I wanted to do this when you were awake and alert so here. -walks over to me holding out a disc- As owed to you by my former master, I present you, Matthew, with the Machine, Strength!

Laura: That’s awesome!

Matthew (slurring my words) : Thanks Victoria… But there’s bad news right?

Victoria: You can read faces that good huh? While I would love nothing more than to give you the Fury Badge you so rightfully deserve… I’m afraid I cannot. Since Kiki… You know…

Matthew (slurring my words): It’s ok. I’ve went through this kind of thing once before. You don’t have to say it.

Laura: Someone should contact Ame for the reserve Fighting Leader.

Victoria: Right. I’ll make sure to do that later.

Matthew (slurring my words): So… What now?

Victoria: Well, I don’t know what the 3 of you are going to do but… I will be remaining here at the academy henceforth. Kiki chose me to be the leader of Apophyll Academy. So I apologize Matt but… We can’t travel together anymore.

Matthew (slurring my words): Hehe… Don’t be so sad… The people here need you…

Victoria: I’m also sorry I didn’t believe you about Cal. I can’t believe he… he-

Matthew (slurring my words): It’s ok. It’s in the past now. Just… You can’t think about it… It’ll destroy you. Trust me.

Victoria: Right… Thank you. Cain? Matthew? You 2 have to beat the Reborn League for me alright?

Laura: Excuse me but I’m RIGHT here! Haha.

Victoria: Haha. Ohh yea. Sorry. I forgot you were part of thr Elite 4.

Laura: Haha. It’s ok.

Cain: Haha. Well, when I’m asked to beat something, it’s a little more intimate, but you got it honey~

Victoria: Uhh… Do I even wanna know?

Matthew (slurring my words): Hahaha… Cain, I’m so glad to hear you making jokes like that.

Cain: Me too bud and probably not. But I’m just trying to lighten the mood~ But hey. Before we do that, some other things gotta come 1st, remember?

Victoria: Yea. You all still have to save the kids.

Cain: Which means that Matthew has to beat my sister Aya, huh.

Laura: Is that a bad thing?

Cain: I guess not. But she’s just like… grrrr sometimes you know?

Laura: I actually do.

Cain: Well anyways, I’m gonna head down to the Byxbysion Gate to open it for you. Although, take as long as you need to rest up. Whatever happened to you what you were up there REALLY messed you up good.

Matthew (slurring my words): Thanks Cain. And I promise to all of you, I’ll do my best to explain what you all saw up on Pyrous Mountain.

Cain: Sweet. Can’t wait to hear all the juicy details on that.~ Well see you all later~

Cain left the room. All that remained in there was me, Laura and Victoria. Finally, Laura spoke up.

Laura: Um… Hey Victoria? You think I can talk to Matthew alone for a couple of minutes?

Victoria: Yea. Sure. I’ll be out in the courtyard doing stuff.

Victoria left. When she did, Laura came closer to me. I was a little bit scared on why she wanted to be alone with me.

WMbpYM6.png

Laura: Matt, what you did up there… That was so brave of you. I don’t know why you saved me but-

Matthew (slurring my words): I did it because I couldn’t bear to see you hurt or worse.

Laura: Yea but your cheek is all messed up thanks to me.

Matthew (slurring my words): If that scene were to play out again, I’d do it all over again.

Laura: Ohh my Arceus… Matt… -puts her hand on mine- You’re 1 of the sweetest boys I’ve ever met.

Matthew (slurring my words): Hehe. Thanks Laura… -slowly intertwines my fingers with hers this holding her hand-

Laura: I think… I think I wanna change my answer from before.

Matthew: (slurring my words): Wh-What do you mean?

Laura: On the boat. You asked me to be your girlfriend and I said no. I wanna change my answer. I mean… That’s ok right?

I smiled as big as I could. I looked as she smiled back at me. She leaned over and kissed the cheeks that wasn’t all messed up. That made me shutter with shyness.

Matthew (slurring my words): I-I didn’t think that this would ever happen Laura.

Laura: Well now it is. Hehe~

Matthew: Thank you… Urgh… I’m still in pain and I feel like I’m falling asleep.

Laura: That’s ok hun. Lay your head on my arm and rest up. We need as much rest as we can get for the next part of our journey anyways.

Matthew (slurring my words): You’re right. Thanks hun.

I laid my head on my new girlfriend’s shoulder and slowly went back to sleep.

Pokemon Team 

Spoiler

e7emunW.gif

Arbok (Jessie)/Female/Level 43

Held Item: Focus Sash (Used)/Now: Dread Plate

l6yb9rD.gif

Sliggoo (Godra Goodra)/Female/Level 43

82EucPk.gif

Gligar (TongueClumsy)/Male/Level 44

TZfH8j4.gif

Clawitzer (Pistol Pete)/Male/Level 44

Tdgg4hz.gif

Decidueye (Link)/Male/Level 44

Moveset: Leaf Blade/Spirit Shackle/Sucker Punch/Synthesis

ISLZC49.gif

REBORN CHARACTER RATES

Spoiler

Laura (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - It happened. It FINALLY happened. Me and Laura... are together! This would be such a happier occasion if my cheek didn't feel like it got sliced ope- Ohh wait! IT DID! But she makes it worth it.

Cain (10/10 NO CHANGE!) - Cain did a lot to help out here. He held up Team Meteor and was able to make me laugh in serious moments. Glad to call him my friend.

Victoria +1 (7/10) - Me and her have had our differences but in the end, we stopped Team Meteor and saved everyone on Apophyll is saved. Although... It sucks she won't be able to travel with us anymore. But at least she knows how much of a dick Cal is now.

Kiki +2 (10/10) - She risked her life to save Apophyll and everyone on it and I will forever be grateful to her for that. R.I.P. Kiki...

Taka +1 (6/10) - I mean all he really did was battle Victoria and he didn't even seem like he was trying. In fact he seemed kind of sick of what his father did to Kiki. So I at least know he has a heart.

Cal -1 (0/10) - He's even more of a dick now. I can't believe he joined Team Meteor... I still wanna know why. Then maybe, MAYBE I'll have a tiny bit of respect for him. If I even believe him that is. I'm so glad I got Victoria to see the true dickhead this dude is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, World3 said:

YES 

this is how this should be in-game. You beat Solaris’s garchomp, and he kills... Kiki? It’s never made sense to me. This is so much better!

also Mathew and Laura hooking up was really cliche. pls send help.

Lol. I always just imagine that like the Garchomps HP bar isn't really all there. So when you "beat" it, it isn't actually beaten. After all, he does stop the battle himself. But yea. This way does make sense.

• Veterans
1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Lol. I always just imagine that like the Garchomps HP bar isn't really all there. So when you "beat" it, it isn't actually beaten. After all, he does stop the battle himself. But yea. This way does make sense.

I always imagined that Solaris just uses a Max Revive while everyone's chatting amongst themselves tbh.