The Maltese Talonflame Chapter 1: The Cerise Letter

Yours Truly

“Professor, can you tell us why you sent the brief case with Steve in the first place? You are claiming that this brief case is valuable, yet you sent it out with someone who seems to be easily intimidated. I can only assume you did it because someone else would have been more obvious, or maybe you simply were on too tight a time constraint.

Edited by DigitalAmber

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I don't think we should take everything that guy said as word. He seemed quite traumatized. He was probably hiding something from us, maybe because he was too embarassed. I suppose there are no other witnesses or things we should take in consideration?" Kayn said, with a serious, but still childish face.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:45 PM, DemICE said:

Horace who was listening intently to the conversation asked,

"Wait, so, I take it, we joined like an hour ago and we will already be deployed into this case? Otherwise there would not be any point in us being here, right?"

Daniel lifts his cup up just enough to allow him to take a whiff of its still steaming contents before he takes a sip, and places the cup back down on the coffee table in front of him. He then turns his head slightly to look at Horace before he says "The lot of you wouldn't be my first pick in any other situation, but as a decent amount of you has yet to actually work a case before..." the tone of his voice had a sarcastic tone to it as he turned slightly to face the rest of the group "And as I don't pay you to sit in the office and not do anything, I have decided that retrieving the contents of Oak's briefcase and bringing the perpetrators to justice will be your first case". He turns back to face Horace  once more as he gave the man an approving smile. "I expect great things from you, and I want a report of all of your findings two days from now."

On 2/26/2018 at 6:07 PM, rustytengo said:

Jeanne listened to what Oak and Steve said she cleared her voice and smiled at Oak "Well i doubt you are going to tell us what was in the brief case so will skip that question. Did anyone other then you and possibly Steve know what was in the Brief case and would they have known where Steve was taking it t?" she asked 

Oak was in the process of drinking his coffee when he finally realized that Jeanne was in fact talking to him. He then hastily gulped down his coffee as he waggled his eyebrows slightly before he put the cup down and said. "No one other than me, Kurt Hirose, and some Executive from Silph Co, who was a young boy....or girl." He let out an awkward laugh as he scratched the back of his head slightly and smiled warmly at everyone. "I couldn't really tell with the way they were dressed, I almost asked them if they were a boy or a girl..." After saying that he clears his throat and put on a serious look on his face. "But no other than the three of us no one knew about what the briefcase contains. And as for the route that Steve was taking...perhaps someone in his delivery company might know about it?."

On 2/26/2018 at 8:09 PM, IntSys said:

"I see," Serra said. NO I DON'T SEE ANYTHING, YOU'RE GIVING ME SO LITTLE LEADS THAT IT MAY HAVE AS WELL AS BEEN A WANTED POSTER FOR A LOST LILLIPUP.

Annoyance aside, she noticed Jeanne's attempt at disregarding the clients themselves as well as their intelligence. Probably not the best message, she thought, so she decided to amend that.

"Professor, can you tell us what the thugs will most likely do with the contents of the briefcase?"

Annoyance aside, she noticed Jeanne's attempt at disregarding the clients themselves as well as their intelligence. Probably not the best message, she thought, so she decided to amend that. "Professor, can you tell us what the thugs will most likely do with the contents of the briefcase?" Oak had a thoughtful look on his face after Serra asked her question as he tried to remember the particular number for what the contents of the briefcase were worth, and he turned slightly to face her before he said, "Well I think they wou-".

On 2/26/2018 at 10:35 PM, Amine Chankey3ft7 said:

Whatever item was in the briefcase, seems very important and seeing that the professor was not willing to share his knowledge of what was that item, it seems its up to us to lacate and find it. Tought Adara after hearing what Steve and Professor Oak had to say. "Ah, yes Professor. Please do answear Serra's question" Damn she was too fast and asked before i did, good girl.

He was rather suddenly cut off for a few moments by Adara's sudden proclamation, but he decided to take it in stride as he continued with "As I was saying if they knew how to open the briefcase, and how much its contents were worth...then I wouldn't be surprised if it made its way into the grey market located somewhere inside of the Goldenrod underground." He picked up his cup of coffee and slowly raised it up to his mouth as he said, "Of course, this assumes that they aren't planning on using it themselves.".

On 2/27/2018 at 5:57 AM, krim said:

"In addition to that, did Steve give you any more information on the thugs? "Men in black" seems quite vague...and perhaps their pokemon would help in identifying them? He did say that's how they threatened him." Arlen said to Oak.

Oak was well on his way to drinking his cup of coffee once more when Alren asked his question, and he was about to respond when Daniel raised a hand to make a gesture at Oak that pretty much said something along the lines of 'I've got this', before he responded with. "As you would have heard earlier if you had paid attention, Steve himself has said that he does not remember anything else about his attackers to the rest of us as he had apparently repressed it out of sheer terror.".

After the chief says this Oak slowly puts his cup of coffee back down on the table before he chimed in with, "You don't have to be so rude to the young man Daniel, he was just curious after all..." he then turned slightly to smile at Arlen before he continued with, "But yes what Daniel said was true, Steve has told me that he has seemingly forgotten every single detail we could have used to identify his attackers...perhaps because a psychic Pokemon altered his mind somehow?". He then shrugged his shoulders as he said "But of course that is just pure conjecture...".

On 2/27/2018 at 6:12 AM, DigitalAmber said:

“Professor, can you tell us why you sent the brief case with Steve in the first place? You are claiming that this brief case is valuable, yet you sent it out with someone who seems to be easily intimidated. I can only assume you did it because someone else would have been more obvious, or maybe you simply were on too tight a time constraint.

Oak glances at the other young man's direction before he said, "No actually Kurt was supposed to bring it over to me himself, but he called me the other day and told me that he hurt his back after he slipped and fell inside of a well and couldn't make the trip over here..."

On 2/27/2018 at 10:26 AM, Newt said:

"I don't think we should take everything that guy said as word. He seemed quite traumatized. He was probably hiding something from us, maybe because he was too embarassed. I suppose there are no other witnesses or things we should take in consideration?" Kayn said, with a serious, but still childish face.

He then raised one of his eyebrows slightly as he heard a surprisingly young voice ask him about eyewitnesses, and he turned slightly to take a look at the very young man who asked the question. "From what I can gather the only people who were there with Steve and witnessed the robbery were there to rob him....but it probably wouldn't hurt to ask him later?".

“Currently Kurt is not a suspect, but I would like a medical record of some sort to verify he broke his back. His alibi stands for now. More information on the executive would be helpful, as he is currently the prime suspect. Of course, their is always the possibility you were overheard, but I am confident you were smart enough to do the meeting in a soundproof room, although we can’t rule out psychics reading any of your thoughts.”

"To be honest,  if someone is tasked with the delivery of an item,  and then gets replaced, and the replacement arrives empty handed and says he got attacked and lost it, but for some reason doesn't remember any more info about the incident, that automatically makes them a suspect too.  What if he created this story and has hidden the briefcase somewhere,  only to take it and leave after we let them go?"

"My main concern is why didn't the coward defend himself." Aster said bluntly crossed,  "Did Steve have any pokemon with him?"  He asks looking towards Daniel,  "I want to assumes he did because of the whole 'going out into the wild is not safe without pokemon by your side' shtick that gets shoved down anyone's throats. Because either A, he's a dunce who walks around without pokemon for protection, B his pokemon are too weak which is another problem if he was entrusted with something this important, or C he's just a coward and gave it up on the spot, though the psychic type memory alteration maybe a high probability though how we would go about proving that is another thing entirely."  

'Its very likely that Steve is hiding something. The whole "I was too scarerd so i forgot all the details that could help catch the perpetrators" act, seems very suspicious to me.' Also, even though we're not certain of it, psychic types are capable of altering and deleting memories. I read a book that mentioned pokémon like Elgyem have the ability to  erase and rewrite memories, so Steve could be innocent." Said Adara in a serious tone.

Lars looks at everybody with an incredulous look on his face. He is taken aback at the idea that these so called detectives are jumping to so many strange conclusions without any proof or even reasonable assumptions. I can't believe they selected these people as detectives, and I'm stuck here as the intern. Lars looks at the professor, then at Daniel and finally at Emilia. "Is it correct to jump to so many conclusions without really investigating even a little? We already have different theories by everybody here, but nobody has spoken properly with Steve after he is a little more coherent. I mean, for all we know, it could just be a simple mugging case. It is a forest we are talking about. Criminals would always hide in such places."

Emilia nods at Daniel, "I'm going to check on Steve, I'll come back once he is able to tell us what happened properly."

"Would you mind if i go with you?" Jeanne asked Emilia as she started to leave "After all talking with a cute girl is a great way to help calm a guy down, or at least it seems to work for me." Jeanne finished with a smile waiting Emilia"s response.

"Eh, you guys can deal with pants pisser. Me, I feel like the quickest way to get some info is to go to the scene of the crime itself." Aster says hands in his pockets,  "I'd prefer not going alone to there, just in case I end up like the guy. So if any of you want to come with me I'll call up a taxi and we'll head straight off." He pauses for a moment before realizing something, he turns to Daniel,  "Oh yea, before I forget we should probably have some form of communication setup between everyone." He holds up his right arm and pulls back his leather jacket's sleeve which has a red xtransceiver hidden underneath.  "Let's all trade numbers and make sure to keep everyone updated at all times, yea."

Adara exchanged phone numbers with Aster and everyone else. Then she turned to face Emilia and Jeanna and asked" can i go as well? i'm sure no guy will resist spilling his guts to two lovely ladies. And everyone knows that two heads are better than one, o we're bound to find out some intresting clues."

"Why not both?" Horace replied to Aster. "After all 'pants pisser' is here. We could spend some time with him and then go to the crime scene. Probably even with more information about it"

Serra took out her Xtransceiver and traded numbers with everyone who was willing to. Finally, she turned back to the professor. "There's a very real chance of the item in the briefcase having already been removed by the thugs. Whether it be changing containers or changing hands. While I understand what you have here is confidential, it'd be for the best if you could give us a visual description of the item itself. Otherwise, we might only be able to return you the briefcase itself, with no guarantees of its contents."

22 hours ago, rustytengo said:

"Would you mind if i go with you?" Jeanne asked Emilia as she started to leave "After all talking with a cute girl is a great way to help calm a guy down, or at least it seems to work for me." Jeanne finished with a smile waiting Emilia"s response.

Emilia turned slightly to glance in Jeanne's direction as she continued to walk towards Steve, and she had a teasing smile on her face when she said "So you don't think that I am cute?". She then stood in place and waited a few moments to try and see how Jeanne would react.

23 hours ago, Amine Chankey3ft7 said:

Adara exchanged phone numbers with Aster and everyone else. Then she turned to face Emilia and Jeanna and asked" can i go as well? i'm sure no guy will resist spilling his guts to two lovely ladies. And everyone knows that two heads are better than one, o we're bound to find out some intresting clues."

....but not before she turned slightly towards Adara and flatly said "So you don't think that I am lovely or a lady?".

17 hours ago, IntSys said:

Serra took out her Xtransceiver and traded numbers with everyone who was willing to. Finally, she turned back to the professor. "There's a very real chance of the item in the briefcase having already been removed by the thugs. Whether it be changing containers or changing hands. While I understand what you have here is confidential, it'd be for the best if you could give us a visual description of the item itself. Otherwise, we might only be able to return you the briefcase itself, with no guarantees of its contents."

Oak shakes his head slightly in response to Serra's question. "I am afraid that Silph Co's lawyers have made it quite clear about what would happen if I talked at length about the documents kept inside of the manila folder, but I can tell you that Kurt was supposed to place a small silver metal case inside of said briefcase that contains a 'proof of a concept'." He slowly drank down the contents of his coffee mug before he continued with "He said that the box had a very good lock, but on the off chance that the thieves managed to break the lock...you should probably start looking for a purple pokeball then.".

Daniel gives Oak a rather odd look after he finished speaking, and he was just about to open his mouth to say something, before Oak shrugged in the man's direction. He then wordlessly handed Aster a business card containing his contact information.

"Thank you for your cooperation," Serra took another sip from her coffee and took a bite out of her bagel. She then simply sat there, waiting for the others to deal with Steve. She wanted to snoop around Goldenrod now, as the longer they took, the harder it would be to re-locate the briefcase and its contents. But, she also wanted to wait and see if the others could get more out of poor Steve.

"Of course you're lovely and a lady, but you most certainly had your fair share of interrogating people. Wouldn't this be a good oportunity for me, and my partner Jeanne to show you what we can do? after all each of us has their own ways to interrogate people." Said Adara as she sipped the dark contents of her coffee cup

Kayn stood quiet after hearing Lars, surprisingly, he was right. They shouldn't have made assumptions before knowing the entire story, although formulating early theories could help with the investigation. Kayn changed numbers with everyone and waited for everyone decide what they would do. He was also surprised that some people were deciding for themselves what they wanted to do, even thought they are supposed to follow the orders from the boss.

Emilia turns to Adara and Jeanna,"If the two of you want to join me, come along. I guess I can see just how well the two of you work at 'interrogating' people. Remember, he is shaken up by the ordeal. Don't do anything stupid." With that, Emilia leads the two of them towards the cafeteria where Katie is taking care of Steve.

As Emilia leaves, Daniel turns to the rest. "That is actually a good idea. All of you can create a communications group for this case and we can exchange information on that. I will have James set it up. As for the rest of you, go out and investigate. Being a detective isn't as simple as stating your theory and following that. We have a few leads, go follow those and figure out what is happening." Saying that he dismisses the group, stands up and turns to Oak. "Come professor, we will go to my office. We can wait for their findings there. Would you like something else brought up?"

Oak turns to Daniel shaking his head, "No thank you Daniel. Let us just go up and catch up. It has been a long time since we have just spoken." With that, the two men leave, and Daniel's voice is heard outside the door giving instructions to James. Within 5 minutes, a message with a link to set up a secure communication channel is received on everybody's xtransceivers.

"Alright, while those two deal with pants pisser the rest of us should I have a look around." Aster crosses his arms and pauses in thought before continuing,  "I'll head over to the forest and begin investigating there as it's our only lead to the investigation of the crime. I'd like at least one other person to come with me so I'm not all alone out there. Next we should have the people who aren't on the forest investigation team check out the underground of Goldenrod. If there is any place where rumors are going to spread it's there thus we may find a lead if ya ask the right people. Now, unless anyone else has any bright ideas on where to go pick your group and lets get to work. Also, make sure to always keep everyone up to date on your location and what you're doing at all times." With that he waited for everyone to pick a group so they can head out.

Adara followed Emilia to the cafeteria where katie was taking care of Steve, who seemed to still be shaken up by the recent events. "Hello Steve! Are you feeling better now?" Said Adara in a gentle, calm voice, as she waited for Steven to talk, and for Jeanne to arrive.

Jeanne arrived at the Cafeteria a little bit after the other to it took her a little bit to actually put everyones numbers in her device instead of just having pictures of everyone. She waved and smiled as Steve as he looked at her doing her best to look cute well doing it. "So we just have a few things we wanted to talk to you about if you up to it?" She asked the boy.

"I suppose. I'll be checking the Goldenrod underground, then, tag along if you want" Serra said to whoever was left in the room before she finished her coffee and made her way downstairs, fetching a taxi to the Goldenrod Tunnel.

Horace was considering what he would do next.  It was good that the actions of everyone else was in agreement with the opinion he had voiced at least.  He could have gone to help with the interrogation too, but he figured that too many people might actually spook the man.  He also knew that he was a man of action. Investigation was not his strong suit, although he would do it when necessary, so maybe someone else would be more useful in investigating the forest.

"Hey, wait for me, I'm coming with you!" He said,  sprinting behind  Serra, and going into the taxi with her.

"Alright then, that seems to be everyone. Let's get over there as soon as possible, the more time we waste the higher chance we'll loose a vital piece of evidence." Aster says looking towards Jayden. Making his way down to the ground floor he calls up a taxi to take them to the nearby forest. Should only take about thirty minutes to drive over there.