Types Hurt & Heal (BUG TYPE WINS with 8 HP)

dragonsbeat

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grass: 27

Dragon: 4

Electric: 13

Steel: 8

Fire: 5

Ground: 19

Ice: 25

Fight: 18

Normal: 18

Ghost: 21

Dark: 18

Bug: 26

Flying: 13

Rock: 16

Poison: 19

Psychic: 7

My favorite types, in order, have to be Fairy>Dark>Bug=Psychic.

Least favorites would be Fighting>Normal>Water

The funny thing there is Fighting, a type I actually kinda like. it's there because it doesn't like me... at all. I can play a fighting mono and lose to fucking rock, getting 4 to 6-0ed in the process. It doesn't matter what I do, I just fail with that type (Maybe I'm agent Tex? :o). Normal is there because of the porsey core and how annoying it is to battle. and water... I posted a status as to why I hate that type a little bit ago, so I won't repeat myself

• Veterans
43 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Dragon: 4

Fire: 5

Ice: 25

Bug: 26

Flying: 13

Rock: 16

Poison: 19

My favorite types, in order, have to be Fairy>Dark>Bug=Psychic.

Least favorites would be Fighting>Normal>Water

The funny thing there is Fighting, a type I actually kinda like. it's there because it doesn't like me... at all. I can play a fighting mono and lose to fucking rock, getting 4 to 6-0ed in the process. It doesn't matter what I do, I just fail with that type (Maybe I'm agent Tex? :o). Normal is there because of the porsey core and how annoying it is to battle. and water... I posted a status as to why I hate that type a little bit ago, so I won't repeat myself

Fighting as a mono has a pretty different style from Fairy; no real defensive safety net outside of Cobalion's resists, so i can see why it'd be hard to adapt to.

@Zargerth I see that your Normal mono had a certain effect on yourself :D 

I'm planning to do one myself, and starting with a shiny Deerling I caught in one of my previous runs and remains boxed for the time being... My favourite 'mon boxed, it isn't right!

@Azeria @Wolfox I like Fighting types too... But they don't really offer coverage... It's a constant effort to brute force your way through everything. Little setup, little to zero status moves you can rely on, not good secondary types... I don't see how I could adapt into it. Especially with my playstyle, which heavily relies on setup and status moves (cause Bug/Poison).

• Veterans

@JessFighting has a lot of setup but much like Dragon; it's a sweep or be swept kinda type. In a mono run of a game, it's pretty easy to capitalise on it's wide amount of Pokemon and set up options to sweep pretty easily, while in a competitive meta game, the amount of different matchups means it's not the best seeing as it's defensive backbone is non existent. Then there's the designs being mostly repetitive; I really like Toxicroak, Infernape, Lucario, Hawlucha, Mienshao and Hitmonlee, but most of the rest are ehhh.

3 minutes ago, Azeria said:

@JessFighting has a lot of setup but much like Dragon; it's a sweep or be swept kinda type. In a mono run of a game, it's pretty easy to capitalise on it's wide amount of Pokemon and set up options to sweep pretty easily, while in a competitive meta game, the amount of different matchups means it's not the best seeing as it's defensive backbone is non existent. Then there's the designs being mostly repetitive; I really like Toxicroak, Infernape, Lucario, Hawlucha, Mienshao and Hitmonlee, but most of the rest are ehhh.

You're right about setup, my fault, how could I forget about stuff like Bulk Up/Swords Dance etc. I had entry hazards in my mind (Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sticky Web), duh! Reborn isn't very "competitive-meta-related", since you can use various 'mons successfully, even if they are not very good competitively. e.g. Garbodor.

But yes, Fighting type is all about killing the enemy faster than the enemy kills you. I like pretty much the same 'mons as you, with the exception of preferring Hitmonchan over Hitmonlee. I also am not a huge fan of Lucario (still dunno why it got a movie) /Hawlucha, but prefer Heracross and Gallade.

Kill Fire, Heal Steel

Dragon: 5

Steel: 9

Ice: 26

Bug: 27

Flying: 11

Rock: 14

Poison: 20

My favorite types are probably Water, Grass, Steel and Electric. I don't really hate/dislike any Type but Fire maybe. So, killing it feels kinda Good :D

Dragon: 5

Bug: 27

Rock: 14

Poison: 21

Heal Poison Hurt Steel.

Never like those steel!

• Veterans
16 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Yeah, from a balance offensive type to a hyper offensive type is a hard switch to make. though I never had that issue with Bug.

Wouldn't bug be classified as more of a bulky offensive type tho? What with Scizor, Volcarona, Heracross, M-Pinsir and Araquanid all being able to take a hit or two, and Forretress being really bulky.

While this is true, it's more so Hyper Offence because bug relies on killing before being killed, like fighting. Bug just has more fallbacks when bulk is needed, still not a great idea to try and bulk out opponents tho

Grass: 28

Dragon: 2

Steel: 10

Ground: 17

Dark: 19

Bug: 25