FEF: Verdant Wings (lC)

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gv53FA8.png

"Heh, alright then. However, lets finished what we've set out to do first. That being getting wood for the fire." The big bro spoke before he continued piling wood into his arms. Back when they were younger he used to teach Lyla basic fighting techniques, however, he was just as green as her if he was being honest. However, his time with the being part of the guard at Padstow helped sharpened his skills. Hopefully he'll be able to pass that to his lil sis.

After a short while, the twins were able to get a sizable amount of wood and kindling. He set the pile in the middle of the group, he didn't know how to start a campfire but someone might be able to, whether it be through traditional means or through the help of fire magic. He's sure the one that was using some sort of magic before could do it, right? However, Lyle took two ripe looking sticks that seemed would serve well as practice swords from the stash. He tossed one over to Lyla before leading them out a safe distance from the others so no one would get hit but a stray swing.

GJROenh.png

"Alright, now, show me your best swing." Lyle spoke, arms crossed to the side of Lyla. He watched for her technique, waiting for her to do the practice swing in the air.

5a3d75b30739d_ReneeVaughn.png.7da628bc03c566e69e1cd8876faaf0ad.png

"It is, yeah. I just... feel like I have to help, when people treat Morgan like that." Renee agreed.  "Left home a while back, then? I'm sure they're doing fine. They're probably not fleeing from parties unknown who seem to want to kill them for no discernible reason, at least."

krim.png

Sherwyn stood with their arms crossed near the edge of the clearing in silence. Though they had succeeded in keeping the others safe, they couldn't help but feel they had failed in other ways. Roland was most definitely dead, the knight's order was in tatters, and it seemed as though everyone was exhausted from the ordeal to the point that another attack would finish them off completely. Even if the things that attacked them weren't following, it wasn't a pleasant thought.

Some leader I make. My first battle as more than a simple guard, and we run with our tails between our legs...

Though they felt their physical wounds healing, that was more than enough to sting them where it hurt. So they did what they were used to. Guard duty.

Lyla_Really_Happy.png

"Just like splitting a melon" She jokes. Lyla wraps both her hands firmly around the training sword, and takes several swings. Lyla puts her back into each swing, focusing more on the speed and precision of her strikes and less on power. 

Morgan's companion doesn't seem to mind it, and continues working.

LQ9aKr7.png
".....All right, I'm finished. Here you are." Blake suddenly says after some time, and hands Morgan's cloak back to them. All of the blood has gone, replaced by the powder (which is now pinkish) that covers most of where the stain was. It looks a little mushy.

LQ9aKr7.png
"As I said, wash it in cold water to remove the rest of the powder. Let us hope you do not get any more blood on it before you have the opportunity to do so."

1WEBVCD.png

"Well, when you have as many siblings as I do, it gets to the point that you need to leave. Besides, it's hard to support that many too. And yeah, I'm sure they're fine. They're hardy enough. If something came up, they'd escape, I have no doubt."

6biK63y.png

Lyle watched as he saw his sister throwing her swings, arms crossed. She was definitely going or speed, though there was something fundamentally off about her approach.  "Alright, stop. I see you like to swing fast and you do keep your arms steady. However, how long do you think you can last swinging at full speed like that? The answer is not long." The knight moved his sister's arms down in a fluid motion downwards,  "The key is not going at full speed while using so much energy, it's about using as little energy as possible while also getting the most out of it. Unfortunately, I haven't trained much with a sword so I can't tell you what exactly what to do but, I want you to keep that in mind as you continue to do your swings." He stepped back, arms crossed,  "Now, continue with your swings."

LQ9aKr7.png

"Perhaps they do, but I am no butler. Housekeeping is but a small section of my duties for Lord Coel. A more appropriate term for my station would be... an attendant." Blake picks the word out a little too carefully.

JYHzEb0.png

"I am certain Lenny would be able to answer your question, if you choose to ask him." He points to the bow-bearing boy over yonder. "His bark, while fearsome, is ever worse than his bite."

Gv53FA8.png

Lyle chuckled and his sister's gripes,  "This is why I said conserve your energy, your body can't go at full force all the time. You won't be any good if you're exhausted halfway through the fight. Though I think that should be enough for today. We're all at our limit after today and the future doesn't seem to get much easier, so rest. However, next time we're going to be doing a lot more."

R0mQP52.png

"Butlers are just a type of attendant." Morgan didn't press the issue any further, though; in fact, the odd mage seemed distracted by something, before shaking their head and starting to pack the two spiders back into their pack. 

• 2 weeks later...

tTvnHgG.png

"I see. I wouldn't want to pry if that is the case. Apologies."

LQ9aKr7.png

"...I feel like I may have been occupying you for longer than is necessary. I should take my leave, Morgan."

Blake stands to leave, dusting off his pants and cloak as he does.

LQ9aKr7.png

"Thank you for allowing me the pleasure of your company."