Pokemon Crystonite

8 hours ago, Decidueye101 said:

Question to all my supporters: Would you prefer a 3 gym demo (faster release) or a 6 gym demo (longer release)?

I'd prefer the 3 gym demo, because the 6 gym version would probably still be done around the same time as when you were to use the6 gym demo as 1st demo.

Edited by Noctelis

Thank you all for the feedback! What I may do is release a 3 Gym Demo known as "Version 0.5" and then release the full "Version 1" as a 6 Gym Demo. This will allow me to gain feedback on things like mapping, character development, spriting, and overall storyline. With that said, the Version 0.5 would be released as early as March. This would give time to event, finish sprites, fine-tune maps, and squash bugs. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, I added new screenshots to the main page. Also, the player character mugshots are finished! Zuni finished them in a stream today. (Here's the link to the archive if anyone is interested in watching that stream.) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218581537 

All and any feedback on these is well appreciated. Hopefully you all can start getting hyped about the upcoming release! I know I already am!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have good news and bad news. The demo is going to have to be pushed back (once again) because of my busy schedule. Recently I had wrist surgery done (everything went fine, don't worry :)) and I had not been able to type for a few weeks. My recent posts have been by some close friends of mine. I also have SATs and ACTs coming up so yeah... kind of important. With that out of the way I present you all with the Gym Battle theme made by Zumi (who's been amazing with helping me with sprite commissions already). Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Decidueye101 said:

I also have SATs and ACTs coming up so yeah... kind of important. With that out of the way I present you all with the Gym Battle theme made by Zumi (who's been amazing with helping me with sprite commissions already). Enjoy!

Having taken the SAT last year myself, I know how hard the SAT is! Good Luck!!!

Hope your wrists are feeling much better now~

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

5aae938c70cf7_PokemonCrystonite3_18_201812_24_08PM.thumb.png.9426450677f8a824ccc69c3bac5adc69.png

Just because I like to stay on top of mu updates to keep all of you informed I thought I'd share my revamped battle menus. The old ones were sloppy and outdated. Now that I have more experience, I'm basically just going back and fixing things I have already done in the past to give you all the most enjoyable experience as possible. As for the game itself, the mapping of the Badlands is coming to a close which means all I'll have left are just a few more sprites and I'll be able to finish the eventing process. Sorry if this is taking so long. I'd just rather put out quality rather than a rushed/half-fast game. You're the ones playing it and you deserve the best experience possible. Thanks again for the support guys! (Also, if you haven't already, let me know your thoughts on the Gym-Battle theme.)

Edited by Decidueye101
Adjustments

9 hours ago, ArcherEric said:

The menu seems aesthetic >.<

Maybe you can introduce dick tik?

He's one of the three rivals in the game. One still is not sprited so I want to wait before I have that section completely finished.

I like the menu in the pic but personally I like all the text font to be the same all around :P yea yea just pseudo-OCD.

And if you can, tri to avoid the Insurgence mistake of making selection color too similar (in playing Insurgence, there were a lot of times I didn't know what the hecc I was selecting lol).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArcherEric said:

since tyson has pyro strike and reggie has wasteland beam

does dawn have a signature move too?

also please nerf pyro strike, it seems too op

She does but I want to keep it somewhat a secret for now.