E17 new pokemon guesses

lifesapity

Metagross is a very missable Pokemon. I think this forum forgets that a lot. Yeah. It's great. It's also a roller coaster ride to obtain and one who isn't asking around ain't using Metagross.

Solaris may get MegaChomp, but it would be at a disservice to Mega Evolution's lore in the main series games unless Solaris shows more redeemable character traits. That Garchomp is responsible for killing and injuring human beings at the request of its trainer. It appears to be nothing but a tool for Solaris and thus the bond isn't there for Chomp to go Mega. Then, Sun and Moon gave Mega Pokemon their own Dex entries that widely indicate Mega Evolving to be a very painful experience. If Garchomp doesn't have a bond with Solaris, would it go through extreme pain for him?

Hydreigon has already been datamined in E16 as an event Pokemon relative to the Dark Matter quests.

Ferrothorn doesn't necessarily have to be available before Amaria and could be hidden like Metagross is to where it's not a staple in order to beat her. It's a fairly passive Pokemon and Iron Barbs isn't going to be detrimental to special attackers it runs into. On top of that, Amaria could run things like Fire Blast Slowbro or Octillery in restructured teams to blow it out of the water. I don't see it being that scary at this point.

I forgot Gyarados got Moxie. That. That's something to consider.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone forgets about feild effects. Please consider that Hardy gets a feild which boosts certain rock type moves so Gyarados isn't that good. 

Honestly stall pokemon are pretty useless as they stall only 2 pokemon probably until either the trainer gets bored or you get set up and swept on.

Tyranitar is way too op. Natural sandstorm for sp def boost with natural access to rock slide and earthquake is too good. If something doesn't outspeed it then it dies. All other pseudos are also too op but some have limits like how hydreigon is vastly underestimated by everyone so it chills in the uu tier or how Metagross can go down pretty easily to a special attack.

So yeah, all of that needs to be considered as well.

• Supporter

Something that I pointed out in the chat earlier today/late yesterday (what is time even), is that currently both Tyranitar and Hydreigon are locked behind Rock Climb, so unless we get that, we get neither of those. Unless of course, Ame changes either event (the last Dark Matter needs RC to get to the crystal to get to it & Larvitar just isn't remotely reachable without RC). I suppose its possible that RC is enabled by Titania, but personally I think that's more Hardy's thing.

So, there's my food for thought.

I wouldn't say Hydreigon is underestimated, but quite risky, at least competitively. In Reborn, it could be a dead weight on your team without access to appropriate moves. With access to those moves, however, and maybe a useful hold item, Hydreigon can be a huge asset to any team seeking diverse coverage, or with a gimmicky Work Up set, a very threatening sweeper in game. It's one of the only pseudos I'd go through the trouble of training if I had access to at least U-turn and Flash Cannon. 

As someone pointed out above, I can't really see Ferrothorn causing trouble to Amaria, provided she runs a Fire Blast Slowbro, which can also mega evolve, but I doubt regenerator would be passed over considering the improved AI. However, there's the possibility of Amaria relying not only on field effects, but on rain as well, making Fire Blast counterproductive, and considering Ferrothorn's moderate special bulk, not as effective a counter as one might think. I could see it among those pokémon that won't be available to us just yet.

Two I'm willing to bet won't be available to us as of Ep17 are Dragonite and Salamence. Most of their level up moves are lame, with Dragonite's being somewhat better, but with Moxie and Multiscale as well as Dragon Dance, those things are more than capable of murdering everything in their path. Not to say we could always put them on the same team as Ninjask.

I could say the same of Tyranitar, who naturally gets the EdgeQuake combo, and can also have Swords Dance baton passed to it, but with 61 base speed and it's glaring weaknesses, it could be a far safer pseudo legend to be given to the players. I think it's unlikely, however, that we'll get it in the deserts. Tanzan seems more like the kind of place one could find a Larvitar, given it's pokedex entries.

We could find a Gible in a cave hidden in the deserts, but probably after we fight Titania. Dig can be exploited, but Garchomp has access to Fire Fang via relearner. With an Adamant nature, 252 ev's in attack and Ninjask to baton pass Swords Dance, Garchomp could easily be the death of Titania's team. Sand Veil could always be added to the equation.

@Chase I don't think the problem with Toxapex would be Merciless (Toxapex has very, very bad offenses, and Merciless only patches that up to some extent); rather, it would be Regenerator. Toxapex has outstanding mixed bulk (53/152/142 is like shoving Skarmory and Snorlax into one convenient package), a great support movepool (Haze, TSpikes, etc.), one of if not the best defensive ability in the game (especially for a faster-paced game like Reborn where switches are easier to force), and a very, very good defensive typing sporting immunity to Toxic/Poisoned status, only 3 weaknesses, and resistances to Bug, Water, Fighting, Fire, Steel, and Fairy. That being said, I can't see it as being too good and it could very well be found by, for example, Super Rod fishing where you would find Corsola via event (Pokemon Sun pokedex entry anyone?). Or there could be some other method of obtaining it, idk.

@Paperblade Gengar gets Dazzling Gleam. Ghost/Fairy is perfect coverage outside of Normal/Fire (Litleo and Pyroar), Normal/Steel (non-existent), and Normal/Poison (again, non-existent). This not only fixes its "bad" coverage but also leaves it room to run 2 support moves (e.g. Mean Look + Perish Song or Pain Split + Will-O-Wisp). I personally don't think it's broken, but it's a force to be reckoned with.

• Administrators
On 9/18/2017 at 6:41 PM, CynTheSylveon said:

I noticed in the E17 new intro that the save file shown before starting a new game had Garchomp. Gible isn't obtainable through any means in E16, and I think it's reasonable to assume it would appear in the desert, being a Ground type. 

I want to clarify this cuz you're not the only one who reached my conclusion and it's kind of my bad for including it. My computer's data was wiped in July so I lost all my save files. At some point I popped into Discord and just asked some people to shoot me theirs to test with. The save file that had Garchomp was one another player sent me, so it was added to that file through means of questionable legality. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to kind of resurrect an old topic, but I've been thinking about this again, and I didn't want to start a new topic. I have new guesses about the available Pokemon:

Definitely in: Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Talonflame and Gengar lines. Ferrothorn and Skarmory are a given, since it's the Desert. Talonflame and Gengar lines were severely nerfed in Gen. VII (also, Gengar doesn't have the best lvl up movepool in the world, and we already have access to Alakazam, who has better stats than Gengar).
Definitely out: Dragonite, Tyranitar, Hydreigon and Salamence lines. Dratini, Larvitar and the 3rd Dark Material are all only accessible with Rock Climb (which I'm pretty sure we will only be able to use after Hardy), so I think it's safe to say they're out. The Salemence line is too powerful (Moxie), and it doesn't make any sense to find a Bagon in the desert. So that would be four lines that are unquestionably inaccessible in E17.
Who knows: Scizor, Garchomp, Gyarados and Aegislash lines. Between these four, I really can't pinpoint wich ones will be obtainable or not. It would make sense to find Gible in the Desert, and, like Gengar, Garchomp has a lackluster lvl up movepool (no Earthquake and no Rock move), although the Tourmaline Desert is as good place as any to find the TM for Earthquake, or at least Rock Slide. It doesn't make sense to find Scyther in the desert, but it may be the reward for a sidequest involving Titania (she's DEFINITELY using a Mega Scizor). Honedge could be found in a ghost-themed area in the desert (like in B/W 2), or in an area with abandoned trains, but honestly, Aegislash is as OP as any pseudo-legendary, and it has King's Shield, a broken move that I'm pretty sure the AI won't be able to hand.

Now, about Gyarados, I really don't know. We are pretty late in the game, there's only E18 left, and then the final episode, which will be the Elite Four, final boss, and the post-game. Even with Moxie, I don't know if it still matters how powerful it is. It's going to be of no particular use against Titania (unless we get the TM for Earthquake), Amaria will probably have more than one Pokemon with Thunderbolt and Freeze-Dry, Hardy will probably have more than one Pokemon with Sturdy that could revenge kill Gyarados with Stone Edge (also, considering how bad defensively the Rock type is, and how many Pokemon we already have available, I don't think any of these four lines will make a difference against him), and by the point we face Saphira, regardless of how difficult she is supposed to be, we'll probably already have access to all non-legendary pokemon in the game (the development team said the idea is to have all non-legendary lines available before the E4). We know Courin Rouge is somewhere in the Tourmaline Desert with our prized Magikarp, and the gag has gone for too long (although that may very well be the reason to keep it going for one more episode).

Honestly, I think it's kinda of silly to keep almost all pseudo-legendaries to E18