[Game Over] Pokemon: Choose your Own Character! Mafia - N's Cult Wins

Daniel Blackworth

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about the cult being a huge threat that can grow very quickly.

However N isn't limited to Town/Alliance if I understand correctly, he can also recruit among Mafia/Society. So it could arguably be a good idea for both main factions to band together until the cult is eliminated.

That's an interesting proposition but am not sure how maf will cooperate if maf will ACTUALLY cooperate. As the host of DAM i know what kind of tragedy unfolds with this kinds of things. 

Ah memories of a past life. None the less I must agree upon the statement of avvoiding siding with one over the other. I do however have a curious inquiry about the Blaziken. Perhaps that player should be more careful about whom they target? On the other side if they keep up the rotating of actions, it can keep the mafia and 3rd party groups from their intended targets.

Aaaah I knew someone would bring up the resemblance of my account to Caitlin because as good a girl she is, I am def not her, not that, I don't expect doubt or whatever.

Anyway's @Roswell we just think your Blaine because you revealed info that only his Role would show. Which would be seeing who visited who.. unless you were Togepi'd info?

Which reminds me, who do you all think was hex'd by Chandelure? And what is the curse I wonder.

Edited by Cataline
(i nearly edited but I didn't now it says edited anyways...)

Wait wait wait....we?!? What's this we? And actually via process of elimination he could figure out quite a bit with many roles. For example, say he visits someone for whatever kind of role, even identifying their alignment of good or evil. And the Blaziken swaps. Normally not much would be found out, however since the blazukin swapped Keldeo and other target lots of info can be gleamed by any who had actions directed to either of those. Atleast that seems to be the way I have concluded after pouring over the details for several hours...

I'm fairly confident Dive said N appears as Mafia, so that is helpful. Also, my tip is that if you get a gun don't use it, tonight the chance is low, but every night the risk grows and with such a high chance of backfire and of revealing, you would look suspicious if you shot someone. It would benefit the Mafia

also, is abstaining allowed, just curious because Roswell is the only suspect and we don't have any evidence. Don't want to get rid of Caitlin or something. 

well as to who got cursed i might be able to help with that. i got a message that i got cursed and had to have a haiku in every post i made in this day phase but then for some reason i was informed that i was no longer cursed....

So based from what Jace said, maybe Hydreigon role blocked the curse affecting him (if I understood the roles and his statement correctly), so we can use that to our advantage.

Something fishy is going on I think, I feel several people are lying to us and... wait a minute... I need to know the order in how night actions go. Here's how I think the night went down. Keldeo got swapped with someone and ended up dead, N brainwashed another victim. I am fairly confident Hydreigon got Aegislash, resulting in no night action. Dive's post wording agrees. I know cultist replaces a normal role and all it's functions(right?). What I'm wondering is if N got to Alistair first, and erased his night action with brainwashing. Also, for the Jace haiku situation, maybe chandalure was told to choose someone else due to more promising targets. 

Right now Alistair could be a cultist or secretly claiming roleblocker, and getting switched with Blaziken and blocking himself. Or he is Aegislash. Regardless, I have a gut feeling one of the honchos of the mafia have posted fairly simply to dodge suspicion

Edited by DigitalAmber

UPDATE:

You have around 24 hours until this Day Phase ends. Please get your votes in before the deadline. Vote format is [Eliminate] Player Name. Abstaining is not allowed.

Vote Tally:
Not voted [16] - Paul25, Cataline, Sailboat, Jace Stormkirk, Purplecicada, Greninja, LykosHand, Roswell, Venus, Megagun, Alistair, EndearingCharacterTrait, Snowy Amine, Anti_Hero, Quinnox 2, Digital Amber

Post Tally: [requirement is 2 posts per Day Phase]

Paul25 [1]
Cataline [2]
Sailboat [2]
Jace Stormkirk [2]
Purplecicada [1]
Greninja [2]
LykosHand [1]
Roswell [5]
Venus [1]
Megagun [5]
Alistair [6]
Endearing Character Trait [2]
Snowy Amine [1]
Anti_Hero [4]
Quinnox 2 [1]
Digital Amber [4]

=====

Also, I may have forgotten to place the order of actions: [Here is the order of actions according to priority]

Ampharos > Hydreigon > Blaziken > Nurse Joy, Shedinja > Aegislash, Keldeo > Absol, Caitlin, Steven Stone, Froslass, Chandelure > N, Blaine, Togepi 

Some needed clarifications:
* Mysterious Individual's role priority is kept secret to keep any ideas of its role/action/ability.
* Mienshao doesn't move, but is immune to any first action imposed on it. Subsequent actions have a 70% chance of succeeding.
* Nurse Joy only protects from kills, not from curses or cult recruitments.
* The statement "Your action didn't go through for some reason." appiles for: disruption of actions, roleblocking, and targetting Mienshao [failed].
* Being informed of redirection only applies to Investigative Roles such as Caitlin and Blaine.

Hmmm of course just one person could have been blocked by Hydreigon, yet the kill from Aegislash didn't work, and the haiku-thingy on Jace also didn't work.

And now Alistair says his action was blocked too, opening the possibility that he's one of the mafiosos that tried something last night

Or he's just lying, there's always that 

A lot of stuff happened though. It must have been some chain of events to cause so many failed actions 

Hmm... since I am not allowed to abstain, the question becomes: who to vote for?

I suppose, in the interest of clearing up the blocking nonsense that occurred last night, it's in our best interest to vote for the person who claimed to have been blocked. Although I'm perfectly willing to change this vote if better information comes to light.

As such, for now, Eliminate Alistair 

I have a curious possible explanation of some events. We know Jace did receive the haiku but then didn't. What if the following. Keldeo targets Jace, and chandelure targets chase. Blaziken we know switched Keldeo with his target, would imply that if that target was also targeted for curses or even kills by mafia, it all would have gone to Keldeo. Since Blaziken is faster than Keldeo and the others, this seems an unlikely yet plausible option that some form of second action could have hit Keldeo instead of the intended target.

Guest Sparkin'

I doubt that anyone would risk a lie like this so early in the game, so I don't think Jace was lying. But also, I don't remember seeing a role that can free you from curses, so it's weird for me too.

[Eliminate] EndearingCharacterTrait as I don't have any better votes on my mind than you.