A wild fanart appeared!

Freya

Ah, thank you for the compliments! Has anyone noticed Fern's necklace kind of looks like Maya's necklace from Phoenix Wright?

I thought that was kind of interesting.

Maya_real.jpg

Or is Fern's necklace a whistle or something? I don't really know

Anyway, I'll be taking Reborn-related art requests so I can grind on my drawings. So, give me your ideas! Don't expect anything to look finished though

Ah, thank you for the compliments! Has anyone noticed Fern's necklace kind of looks like Maya's necklace from Phoenix Wright?

I thought that was kind of interesting.

Maya_real.jpg

Or is Fern's necklace a whistle or something? I don't really know

Anyway, I'll be taking Reborn-related art requests so I can grind on my drawings. So, give me your ideas! Don't expect anything to look finished though

Actually...hell, they look to be exactly the same with the exception of the coloration...

Conspiracy perhaps? nah... probs not.

Also... here's a suggestion fro you:

a picture of Shade transforming Corey's body into a Gengar

• Administrators

Having designed his appearance, I can honestly say that's complete coincidence. Much like the Titania/Ezra thing ._.

Anyway, really cool on the comic! I'll be sure to write that in-- okay, maybe not, but it's a nice thought.

Haha, when I first saw Fern's necklace I thought, "they know Phoenix Wright! Man, that's cool."

a picture of Shade transforming Corey's body into a Gengar

I've always wondered why Shade named his Gengar "Corey"

I only realized why he did halfway drawing this

toIlLwe.png

• Upvote 7

Haha, when I first saw Fern's necklace I thought, "they know Phoenix Wright! Man, that's cool."

toIlLwe.png

Nice.

yeah, I was a bit confused as to the nickname the first time I fought him in the game... then I remembered my days of playing Pokemon Mystery dungeon and put two and two together that it's probably named corey because... It IS Corey... he's a gengar, a ghost type; fitting as he's dead, and a poison type; fitting because that's what he specialized in...

(That and in the Story of PMD, Gengar was portrayed as having been a rather selfish person in life, corresponding well with Corey's final conversation with the player on Beryl bridge, where he admits "I've been so selfish all these years... I didn't think of what was good for heather",or something along those lines, I may have paraphrased it a bit)

• Veterans

Make A Picture of Fern Watching Amaria And Titania Kiss Dont Know Why But Just Want to See it then see fern nearly dying due to Titania assaulting him

Y'all are hella talented and all of those are awesome. That Fern comic totally didn't have me in stitches for a better part of the afternoon yesterday

However...

toIlLwe.png

I was kinda under the impression that Shade had named his Gengar Corey because... it was Corey's Haunter. He did release it, so it's perfectly possible that it's under new ownership. And since Shade likes reminding the player not to let... "dying souls suffer to the poison in vain", it seems very fitting for him to do that.

This theory is cooler, admittedly, but I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into it.

Edited by Lost Lore

Amaria x Titania ...

I can hear the tiny hard-ons resonating with eachother.

Nice art xD you should really take care so that they don't see that tho, or else they will both do to you what they did to fern ._.

(They ARE real persons BTW)

• Administrators

I don't know what Titania's character design looks like lol

VlJ9O34.png

I'm fairly certain anything with her punching a douche in the face is pretty accurate to her character design regardless of what she looks like

• Upvote 2

I like both theories. Shade giving Gengar a new home is really moe, and I find Shade to be already really moe himself

I don't know what Titania's character design looks like lol

VlJ9O34.png

ame, please put something in the reborn game where fern gets demolished by Titania.

Made one of my own because why the hell not.

First sketched it using a pencil, then added the colors using GIMP. I included the pictures before and after coloring. Which one do you like better?

I am kinda new to making art, especially manga/anime. Does anyone have any tips?

Terra - Hammer Time

Edited by Nova
  • Upvote 3

I prefer the colored one. It fits more with Terra's, ahem, colorful personality.

Since you're starting out as an artist, I recommend studying realistic anatomy. Gotta get down your proportions, yo~

Seriously.

After you get that down, you can start doing stylistic crazy stuff. It's probably a lot easier going from realism --> cartoony than the other way around lol.

May I ask what program you're using? Is it the GIMP thing? Just curious.

Also, I'll add your drawing to the front page later. I'm on my phone now so formatting it wpuld be difficult atm v.v;

I prefer the colored one. It fits more with Terra's, ahem, colorful personality.

Since you're starting out as an artist, I recommend studying realistic anatomy. Gotta get down your proportions, yo~

Seriously.

After you get that down, you can start doing stylistic crazy stuff. It's probably a lot easier going from realism --> cartoony than the other way around lol.

May I ask what program you're using? Is it the GIMP thing? Just curious.

Also, I'll add your drawing to the front page later. I'm on my phone now so formatting it wpuld be difficult atm v.v;

The coloring was done with GIMP, the sketch was simply done with pencil on paper. It was more meant as a sort of chibi-ish character, which might explain the proportions.

Yeah, I assumed you were going for a chibi. I was just giving a general suggestion for your future non-chibi endeavors ^^

I actually sketch my stuff on paper and import them onto my PC too. I've used GIMP to color in the past before. It's nice, but Paint Tool SAI is more easier to use from my experience. You usually have to pay for it, but there are people who would give you the full english version for free if you look around a little. Try it out and see if you like it?

EDIT: Thanks, Arkidon! Randomus as a detective, huh? Maaaaybe~

Edited by Freya

I am kinda new to making art, especially manga/anime. Does anyone have any tips?

As Freya said, practise with the proportions. Even if it's a chibi, some parts like the hands, or the shoulders, need to follow certain proportions. Drawing chibis is harder than usually thought, and practising with both realistic and manga styles really helps you to improve.

Another thing: if you have to draw straight lines, use a ruler xD It may seem obvious, but the difference of using it or not is huge, specially when you're a beginner. By the way, did you scan it directly from the pencil drawing? I would recommend doing the lineart before scanning, and make the lines thicker or thinner depending of the perspective, that will add a lot of volume to your drawing...

Well, this comment was expected to be a constructive critique, I hope it helped! The drawing is nice, considering that you're quite new in it!! ^^