[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

Richard walked back inside of Adronsius's prison with Althea in tow, and he tried his best to help her tend to the his wounds by trying to recall the  times he was stuck in the infirmary and had nothing else to do to pass the time than to stare at the clerics as they did their work.

"Have you seen anyone else from the town when you were brought here?"

((OOC: @Cool Girl make another 1d20+5 roll for your medicine check, since Richard is giving you advantage by using the help action. Alternatively @lifesapity, if that is not allowed or you feel that waiting a day for Cool Girl to return would take too much time, I rolled for medicine earlier and got a 16)).

Edited by Cronos5010

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Ragash
Examining the room you find nothing of note except the fountain of water of crystal clear water, there seem to be no drake tunnels in this area.

To Everyone
Yautja and Yisan grab the chains and start to pull them apart with all their strength, but the think iron chains seem to be too strong for the pair of them.
All of a sudden Marris walks up and in a blink of an eye the locks on the manacles are open and the Dwarf is free.
With his whole weight on his injured legs he collapses to the floor and starts rubbing his raw wrists as Althea and Richard start to apply ointment and bandage up his legs.
"Thanks" he says curtly while nodding at Marris.
"Yea I have seen a couple, they dragged Zerriksa through the Northern doors in the entry chamber as soon as we got here, she was shouting something about turning the goblins to toads the entire way here. Sertanian was kept in the prison cells with me, they dragged me to this room to try get information about Brindol out of me, didnt tell em anything so they let those blasted drakes strip flesh from my legs and left me here to change my mind. I havnt seen any of the others since they split us apart."

Ragash was curious about the water like how in the world was it so clean. She looks over to the dwarf "Did they do anything with this water or have you seen anything weird with it?" She asked as she slowly makes her way to the fountain. 

Edited by rustytengo

Richard immediately handed the Dwarven alchemist the goblin sword and crossbow he had looted earlier before saying "Stand back and stick to the cleric who tended to your wounds earlier, and ask her for some crossbow bolts".

He tried his best to politely gesture vaguely at Althea before he continued by saying "If you can't use those weapons due to their size or lack of training, then please just try to not seem threatening, this will take a while".

After saying that he would slowly walk towards the door they had used to enter this room, and he would wait there until everyone else was ready before he even tried to exit the room. Everyone knows that you must gather your party before venturing forth after all....

Edited by Cronos5010

"I see." Ragash muttered under her breath. She took out her water skin and dumped out the old water on the floor and dunked it in the fountain to fill it up.

After she was done she walked up towards the door she glanced in to the room and looked at the alcove where the eggs where at then at Richard and she smiled. Moving over to him she smiled "You know what i really would like? There is a bunch of eggs of the drakes over in that alcove." she said cutely as she pointed to the area with the eggs." I would really like to take a few of them so i could have a few pets eventually, and if someone got some for me who knows what I would do for them." She finished giving Richard her most seductive smile she could.

Richard was disappointed when he heard Adronsius say that he could not wield a weapon, but he decided so simply nod at the man before he said "Then stay behind everyone else, and make sure that you are within sight of the cleric at all times.".

He stopped talking for a bit as he tried to think of more words of advice or encouragement to say, and after that moment had passed he continued with "And please try and keep your wits about you, we will try our best to keep you alive....but we can't do that if you suddenly decide to charge at a goblin archer".

After he said his piece to the alchemist he would motion for Ragash to follow him into the room with the eggs, and he quite audibly said something along the lines of how that is a terrible and highly dangerous idea that will lead to everyone gett-.

The moment he seemed to be out of ear shot he would lean in to whisper the words "Stand near the double doors, and get ready to close them immediately after I get out with the eggs, we'll wait until everyone has gotten back into the entry hall". In truth he was just about as interested in whatever Ragash was offering as he was interested in the idea of Needlefang drake omelettes, and he found the idea interesting enough for him to whisper the same message to the alchemist...sans the bit about the eggs of course.

Ragash smiles and gives him a wink in before heading down to the doors that he indicated. She eagerly waited for Richard to return with the prizes she requested as she got ready to close teh doors has fast as she could once Richard was through....he better not break the eggs.

Richard hatched a semi cunning plan in the form of quickly trying to distract the swarm with thrown meat just after he tried to snatch as many eggs he could grab in a single handful without breaking it and running like the hounds of hell are following after him towards the entry hall.

((OOC: @lifesapity assume that Richard waits until he was the only person in the room)).

10 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

Richard hatched a semi cunning plan in the form of quickly trying to distract the swarm with thrown meat just after he tried to snatch as many eggs he could grab in a single handful without breaking it and running like the hounds of hell are following after him towards the entry hall.

((OOC: @lifesapity assume that Richard waits until he was the only person in the room)).

"Oh..I heard eggs. You know, now that I think about it. I think I would want one. You know, why not? It'll be a great pet for your journey" Althea said to Richard smiling at him as she leaned toward his arm: "Think I can get one?"

Adronsius nods in acknowledgement to Richard "Alright I'll try help keep the doors shut after you get through." 
He nods his thanks to Yisan as he helps him down the long flight of stairs.
The group waits patiently in the entry hall, Ragash and Adronsius prepared to close the door.

Richard moves towards the alcove in the dim light of the runes, as he approaches the alcove a sharp hissing noise can be heard.
As he gets even closer and starts to crouch down he sees orbs of reflected blue light appearing in all the alcoves in the room as the hissing reaches a fever pitch.

Richard's hand darts forward into the alcove, unable to see inside in the darkness feels around and grabs what he can.
However as his hand reaches in the drakes in the alcoves swarm up his arms and legs, tears chunks of flesh off, hissing in rage.
One manages to get to his neck and tears a sizable chunk out (Critical for 16 damage). Richard scream in pain.
As he retracts his hand and turns to run, drakes of all sizes, some much smaller then you saw in the last fight, erupt from alcoves on all sides of the room, double the amount you saw previously.
@Cronos5010 Roll Initiative.

Edited by lifesapity
Forgot to respond with the NPC

Maris readies an action to slam the doors shut, and will use it as soon as Richard is safely through.  "A formless void fascinates objective creativity!"  He helpfully shouts to Richard.

Some of Richards wounds heal, as he tries to push his way through the swarms of Drakes, but for each wound that closes another is opened (6 Damage).
The Drakes follow Richard as he makes his way towards the mouth of the stairway, the drakes running over the runes not seeming to care as a couple die to the electricity.
As Richard reaches the mouth of the stairway the drakes overtake him and swarm all over his body, a couple of teeth find their mark (5 Damage), Richard falls unconscious from shock and blood loss.

Edited by lifesapity

Maris hears the armored Paladin hit the ground with a crash, and his companions can practically see the gears turning and grinding in his head.  Finally, he comes to a decision and grabs the shoulders of the two nearest friends.  "To go along with the journey is to become one with it!  Ego is the antithesis of intention!  The universe is calling to you via a resonance cascade!  Can you hear it?  We all must remove the barriers that keep us from enlightenment!"  He drops the shoulders, and swiftly divests himself of all of his clothes except his sandals, leaving his bowl and razor in a corner as he waves his hands (and thus his clothes) in the air in excitement and inspiration.  "Where on the great myth will we be guided?"  He asks in a very serious tone, "Only through self-actualization can we hope to destroy the things that keep us from a higher state of being!"  Beckoning for his comrades to follow, he heads into the corridor, doing his best to move quietly and not attract attention from the drakes (stealth roll 10!).  Then he gets ready to dash at them.

[OOC:  Tomorrow afternoon Maris is going in there.]

Edited by DragonRage

As Maris and Ragash turn the corner they see the Drakes covering Richard tears pieces from his body bit by bit, his entire throat... missing, leaving no doubt in your minds he has been slain. The Drakes start to slowly drag his lifeless body back out of sight.

Edited by lifesapity

Ragash tilts her head at that monk. She had no clue what he was saying she shrugged and followed after him, once she saw the corpse of richard being dragged away she stopped a little unsure of things. She waited to see what would happen next.

@Cronos5010

Althea runs hysterically crying to Richard, who is unconscious and starts to treat his wounds. She then cries on his unconscious body as she heals him: "Wake up!....please....It's all my fault! I'm sorry I'm a burden. I love you! Please live!" As she treat his wounds, she keeps crying on his chest and is very sad.