[D&D][OOC/Sign-Ups Closed] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, lifesapity said:

@Megagun How do you know so many languages, and why isn't one of them halfling.

I failed...wrong character sheet lol

Common, Halfling.....that's all. :(

4 hours ago, Cronos5010 said:

I know that you were probably sleepy when you wrote this @lifesapity, but Richard is the one checking the crossbow out, not the Paladin.

I thought Richard IS the Paladin

10 hours ago, lifesapity said:

@Cronos5010 @DragonRage @Cool Girl @Jace Stormkirk @Megagun @rustytengo

Can you let me know what languages you know so I can write it on your char sheets.

Common, Elvish, Celestial, and Abyssal. I think there's another one @rustytengo am I missing any other languages?

@lifesapity @Cool Girl @Jace Stormkirk @Megagun @rustytengo @DragonRage
I propose that we abandon the trappings of stealth and ask Ragash to cast dancing lights to light the way ahead of us since that means that we won't have to light any valuable torches and she doesn't have any concentration duration spells and gets it for free as part of her racial bonuses.

The reason is simple, we are a team of six that is on our way to rescue hostages, and we are about to enter a dungeon where the chances of us avoiding any more random encounters (Although to be honest we only dodged like one so far) would be highly unlikely, simply put we are better at killing our enemies quickly than we are at not getting into a fight with them in the first place. And on top of this we will be rescuing up to seven hostages who are in varying ages and mental and physical states, the chances of us failing at stealthily moving will drop massively very soon, especially if we are good at this and managed to get to and rescue all seven hostages, and there is nothing we can do about this.

We would honestly be better off with sending Richard and Maris to the front to deal with any enemies and Yisan trailing right behind us to immediately make an arcana check to try and identify the quite possibly magical thing we are about to deal with. In a sense in the narrow 10 feet wide corridor I am suggesting the following position:
RICHARD  MARIS
YUATJUA   YISAN
RAGASH   ALTHEA
As Maris has more AC than Yuatjua, and is also uninjured, Yuatjua can still get to the front quickly, Yisan can make his arcana check while casting Vicious Mockery, and the two people in our party with low AC can be relatively safe from the incoming barrage of enemy fire due to the wall of meat right in front of them.

Now this is unrelated, but @Cool Girl Richard would probably get Althea a functional set of adventurer's garb colored a deep blue ((Because we all know that women with Blue clothing in fiction are the powerful one for some reason)), and @rustytengo Richard would probably get her something that is tasteful, black, and appealing...and maybe something that is less decent that matches her hair color.

Also do you want me to heal Yuatjua with Lay on Hands Megagun? I have 10 out of 10 HP healed per day free and I can heal off that 4 HP and still have 6 left...better than leaving him wounded or asking the Cleric for valuable heals.

its not a bad plan and it would be so we don't have to rely on those of us who are less hardy and easier to hit being in the front. We can still send the monk out to scout ahead if we want. 

and don't forget the barbarian can only rage twice in a day right now.

Edited by rustytengo

I have another proposal to make, and it is a very simple one.

I propose that @lifesapity creates a Discord server for this RP as it is both easier to use than Reborn for discussing strategy, and it can be accessed on a phone by default.

That and you can add a bot for a discord server that would allow us to roll dice there which will help speed this up a bit. The dice roller bot is called "Sidekick" and the entire process of adding it to discord, and making a discord server is quick and painless.

First, can discord be run on a computer? Second, I can't put it on my phone, no space. What about those who have ancient mobile devices? Why would we stop using Roll20? We have to use it anyways for the map, so why do we need another dice roller? And shouldn't such a decision involve the group as a whole? Those are my thoughts.

On 8/13/2017 at 1:44 AM, Cronos5010 said:

I have another proposal to make, and it is a very simple one.

I propose that @lifesapity creates a Discord server for this RP as it is both easier to use than Reborn for discussing strategy, and it can be accessed on a phone by default.

That and you can add a bot for a discord server that would allow us to roll dice there which will help speed this up a bit. The dice roller bot is called "Sidekick" and the entire process of adding it to discord, and making a discord server is quick and painless.

On 8/13/2017 at 2:34 AM, lifesapity said:

well it would appear that in one fell swoop you have found a way to get rid of the bard for i have tried to get onto discord innumerable times and have yet to seceded. if this be the will of the players then i cannot go on anymore 

Image result for sad face meme

29 minutes ago, Megagun said:

First, can discord be run on a computer? Second, I can't put it on my phone, no space. What about those who have ancient mobile devices? Why would we stop using Roll20? We have to use it anyways for the map, so why do we need another dice roller? And shouldn't such a decision involve the group as a whole? Those are my thoughts.

To answer your question in order:
1. Yes you can in fact use Discord on your computer, the Discord app is only there to allow people to use Discord on the phone, and you can access Discord on your computer by going to the following link https://discordapp.com/ and making an account or clicking the link that the GM gave you.
2. How were we supposed to know that you don't even have 45 Megabytes of free storage space on your phone? It's not like you said anything about us earlier. That and you can always delete unnecessary programs and photographs since it is only 45 Megabytes large and pretty much everyone has phones with at least 1 gigabytes of free storage space these days. 
3. We are still using Roll20 for the map, but it cannot be used in mobile without paying for that option and pretty much no one goes on it regularly for some reason, and thus we are mainly moving any discussions about strategy to the Discord server as it is faster for this express purpose.

4. We have another dice roller on Discord because it is faster for situations like "Hey @Megagun you need to roll a 1d20+X for your stealth checks" since we won't need to use a computer and can do it on our phones on the Discord server where everyone can also see it.

5. No this decision is to be made by the GM, if he says "Yes that is a good idea and we are doing it", then we do it. You had your chance to argue against it earlier, and the only two people who talked about the Discord either proposed that we have one, or said yes to it.

@Jace Stormkirk

https://discord.gg/mFRn6
This is a working Discord link, and it will only last for one day.

Edited by Cronos5010

3 minutes ago, Megagun said:

I'm sorry but a discussion made when I'm asleep doesn't count as having time to discuss it. Your post was 9 hours ago...that would be 3 am in the blasted morning.

I just proposed it to the GM, and he decided that it was a good enough of an idea to do immediately, the man could have waited until all of us woke up, and discussed this some more, but he didn't.