[D&D][OOC/Sign-Ups Closed] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, rustytengo said:

Hmm that is interesting what is it saying when you click the link 

It says nothing. Maybe it's because I have too many servers. Hold on.

EDIT: Still doesn't work, but that's ok. I don't really discuss a lot anyways.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:27 AM, Cronos5010 said:

No this decision is to be made by the GM, if he says "Yes that is a good idea and we are doing it", then we do it. You had your chance to argue against it earlier, and the only two people who talked about the Discord either proposed that we have one, or said yes to it.

i would have something if i was awake at the time (plus the reply timewas only a hour). so i guess the bard leaves the party

Image result for goodbye meme

@rustytengo @Cronos5010 @Megagun @Jace Stormkirk @DragonRage @Cool Girl

Alright, I agreed to make the discord server for the ease of being able to roll dice on your phone for the players. But obviously if it's not working for everyone/people feel they signed up for a forum game not a discord game, then that is fine and I will drop the idea and continue as we were.

Edited by lifesapity

On 8/13/2017 at 4:07 PM, lifesapity said:

@rustytengo @Cronos5010 @Megagun @Jace Stormkirk @DragonRage @Cool Girl

Alright, I agreed to make the discord server for the ease of being able to roll dice on your phone for the players. But obviously if it's not working for everyone/people feel they signed up for a forum game not a discord game, then that is fine and I will drop the idea and continue as we were.

Image result for i am back memes

Okay lets get back on track then shall we 

@Jace Stormkirk i dont think casting comprend language would be a good idea 1 ritual casting it would take 10 min and we kinda dont know how long we have tell people start getting killed.  2 wasting a spell slot on this would be bad. and 3 the script is all ready in common so i think a history check or something would be a better since it just seems like a Word Thats not used anymore or something like that.

And do you guys want to still try stealth or what and want marching order do you think would be good

Edited by rustytengo

I agree on the fact of time and wasting a Spellslot we may need at a later time. Stealth could get us through without having to be slowed down by any combat. Goblins are numerous and could be thrown at us for no other reason than to slow us down. As for placing, I would put our more squishy types in the center, with those with capable ranged combat in the rear. Biggest reason, avoid ambushes from behind. 

2 hours ago, Megagun said:

I agree on the fact of time and wasting a Spellslot we may need at a later time. Stealth could get us through without having to be slowed down by any combat. Goblins are numerous and could be thrown at us for no other reason than to slow us down. As for placing, I would put our more squishy types in the center, with those with capable ranged combat in the rear. Biggest reason, avoid ambushes from behind. 

the big problem with stealth is that other then the monk and the maybe the bard no one else is proficient in it and one of use will take disadvantage with it so we are having to rely on high rolls from most of the party and we have no clue how the lay out of the dungeon is so it could be a like the first room with a corridor and then a big room with guards. so i'm inda of not really in favor of it right now though i am willing to continue with for a bit or at least sending the monk out to scout(i'll poke dragonrage to get him to post) ahead and maybe Ragash since even if she does bad at stealth she should spot anything way before it sees her as long as its dark.

its hard for the group not to have a squishy in the back since the three with the lowest ac are Ragash(13), the bard(13), and the cleric(11) are also the ones with the lowest health. There also the three...well at least Ragash and the bard who have reliable ranged attacks. since both the halfling and the paladin can't see in the dark and the monk punches things.

Though at least right now i think we shouldn't have to worry to much about an back ambush though deeper in it will be more likely. i could also have Ragash put her hunting trap behind us as a minor caution.  

so what do you guys think of the glowing runes of totally not death. We should move up and have someone do an arcana check to see if they can figure it out of it kills us all or something.

I feel like this is a classic set up to us getting attacked by Undead creatures, since glowing runes on the floor, skeletons, and the fact that we had accidentally entered into an ancient and presumably long lost family's cemetery plot.

Although on the bright side, we have In Character justification for being suspicious about everything and sending the bard over to make arcana checks while the Paladin and the Barbarian gets ready for a fight just in case.

Also @rustytengo it might be a good idea to leave a primed bear trap behind if we want to be really paranoid.

Definitely not goblin in design,  could be human but you would have to roll a medicine check in one of the skeletons to be sure.

Also Marikk made it sound like it was here long before the war band arrived. 

Edited by lifesapity

On 8/15/2017 at 2:33 AM, rustytengo said:

so what do you guys think of the glowing runes of totally not death. We should move up and have someone do an arcana check to see if they can figure it out of it kills us all or something.

well i am surprised that the sorcerer does not have arcana skill but i shall make the check (cause i got all the skills!)

10 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

well i am surprised that the sorcerer does not have arcana skill but i shall make the check (cause i got all the skills!)

there are many reasons why the person who doesn't need to study magic to use it to would not know stuff about it let alone if they have a backstory element for the reason as well.

I think the easiest way to win this battle is to just have our casters focus fire on a single swarm at a time, they probably don't have enough health to withstand two melee attackers dealing halved damage and two to three casters attacking them at the same time for longer than two rounds even if the melee attackers deal halved damage and everyone sticks to using cantrips.

Also I feel that the bard should move back behind the monk as quickly as possible since he is going to get swarmed soon and he is better off casting Vicious Mockery on it from a distance anyway, since 1d4 damage + Disadvantage on the one attack they have is good enough to be relevant.

@rustytengo
Maybe you should have Ragash cast a magic missile to start with? I know that casting a first level spell might just activate tides of chaos, and dealing 3d4+3 damage to a single swarm or multiple swarms is pretty respectable damage.

@Cool Girl Please try to stay out of range of the swarms whenever possible, and don't forget to cast Sacred Flame to attack a swarm whenever possible because your crossbow will be dealing halved damage against them and 1d8 damage is pretty respectable when compared to (1d6+1)/2 damage, also it looks cooler.

@DragonRage I know that you don't like being the designated tank in any context, but yeah this battle is mostly going to be you dealing valuable scratch damage ([1d4+3]/2) while distracting the swarms from the mages who can actually damage them, so whip out your book of inspirational sayings?

The only other note I have is that the blue runes in the middle of the room are extremely suspicious, especially because we all failed to recognize what they were and the swarms are specifically avoiding them it seems.

it will activate with it but then i can use it again to get advantage on any roll which will be nice. I ahve a good amount of slots to use so i will most likely do so provided i don't die horribly for testing my theory about the runes.