[D&D][OOC/Sign-Ups Closed] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

You roll for initiative by adding your dexterity modifier to a 1d20 roll, so since you have 12 Dexterity the roll is 1d20+1 since you have a dexterity modifier of one.
Also we are rolling for initiative right now, not Stealth.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cool Girl

1d20+3 (You do in fact have proficiency with light crossbows) for attack.

1d8+1 for damage.

The stats are for light crossbows which is the weapon I think you are wielding.

Edited by Cronos5010
MISTAKE MADE

1 minute ago, Cronos5010 said:

@Cool Girl

1d20+1 (I don't think you have proficiency with crossbows) for attack.

1d8+1 for damage.

The stats are for light crossbows which is the weapon I think you are wielding.

So which do I do? 1d20 + 1 or 1d8 + 1?

1d20+3 first to see if you hit, and then roll 1d8+1 to find out how hard you will hit them for.

EDIT: Basically roll 1d20+3 before you roll 1d8+1, the first dice roll is to determine whether or not you hit, and the second dice roll is to determine how much damage you would deal if you hit.

Edited by Cronos5010

12 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

AC?

It starts at 10+Dex modifier if your character is not wearing armor, is Althea wearing armor or not? (Also remember that stat modifiers are always [Points in stat - 10]/2).

2 minutes ago, Cronos5010 said:

It starts at 10+Dex modifier if your character is not wearing armor, is Althea wearing armor or not? (Also remember that stat modifiers are always [Points in stat - 10]/2).

I don't think Althea is wearing armor. So what's would be the roll for the AC?

5 minutes ago, Cool Girl said:

I don't think Althea is wearing armor. So what's would be the roll for the AC?

there is no roll for ac its a thing you get from stats 

it starts at 10 then you add you dex modifier and shields if you have one. if you have armor it start at a higher number.

your AC will be 11 since no armor and only a +1 for a dex modifier and you don't have a shield. 

Just now, rustytengo said:

there is no roll for ac its a thing you get from stats 

it starts at 10 then you add you dex modifier and shields if you have one. if you have armor it start at a higher number.

your AC will be 11 since no armor and only a +1 for a dex modifier and you don't have a shield. 

Alright

29 minutes ago, lifesapity said:

Can everyone tell me their AC please, easier then me having to work it out myself.
@DragonRage @Megagun @Jace Stormkirk @Cronos5010 @Cool Girl @rustytengo

Mine is 11

just to speed things up a bit

the monk should have 16 AC

the Barbarian should have 15 AC

and the bard should have 12 AC unless he has armor. leather would be 13 studded leather would be 14.

Well a man can have dreams after all, well that and it doesn't have to be done immediately, the problem with magic is always the bit where that costs valuable spell slots that could be spent making Rei less likely to die with chain mail or buffing everyone else to hit more often.

@Cool Girl Also have you added more HP to Althea yet? I think she gets an additional +4 HP and +1 First level spell slots, also what spells did Althea prepare today?

On 8/10/2017 at 1:54 AM, lifesapity said:

Can everyone tell me their AC please, easier then me having to work it out myself.
@DragonRage @Megagun @Jace Stormkirk @Cronos5010 @Cool Girl @rustytengo

my ac is 13

On 8/10/2017 at 3:30 AM, Cronos5010 said:

Somebody remind me to get Althea a shield

so i am looking at the cleric's starting pack and she should have either (a) scale mail or (b) leather armor. she also already has a shield

Just now, Jace Stormkirk said:

my ac is 13

so i am looking at the cleric's starting pack and she should have either (a) scale mail or (b) leather armor. she also already has a shield

Back when Cool Girl was starting to play the game, she actually decided to go without anything except for her staff as proven by the following picture,

image.thumb.png.149c6113734208a02e6dd978edad1e32.png

Or in other words, more power to her I guess.

We are talking about whether or not Althea has armor right now, not about whether or not she is about to get some more later on, but yeah that would be a good idea if we could afford it...which we probably won't since the good armor is expensive.

@Cronos5010 @DragonRage @Cool Girl @Jace Stormkirk @Megagun

looks like we have a decision to make do we go west, north, or east 

my vote is to go east since that door sounds like jail.

the west door i have no clue what it could be and the north door sounds like it would lead to a crypt or something