V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

Yes, that's basically Angie's world falling apart and is intentional.  If you go down to the lower floors before leaving, you will see the corruption spread to them as well (from what I remember).

Oh, okay. I just wasn't sure. It kinda messed up the linearity I'm used to and was a bit confusing, but thanks for the clear-up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Railtracks said:

I can also attest to this, I was originally this character:

Hide contents

dude guy.png

And now I'm this character: 

Hide contents

guy dude.png

So it wasn't just me. Problem is I saved at the point where you are playing as Emma. That's not bad is it? 

Is there anyway to fix the ariados glitch in Crawli's gym??? I only have one ariados at the end. Also I saved right before the last test so I can't just restart my game to redo the gym.

Edited by Tomorrow

Hi,

so I'm playing as a dark skinned male and, I'm at Blacksteeple Castel.

After I play as Emma and return to my "own" character, he is changed to the light skinned male.

I've seen in the list a bug with Ana, and I guess this is the same but only with the males.

Is it possible to change my character back to the one I started with ?

Thanks in Advance ^.^

Game.rxdata

15 hours ago, The Drowsy Scrafty said:

I'm not exactly sure how to put my game data in here, but immediately after beating the Puppet Masters and the cutscene plays where they disappear, my game completely froze and saved within the freeze and I cannot move whatsoever. Can someone tell me how to put my game data in the comment?

Go to the Reborn folder and find the file Game.rxdata. When posting, click the the link next to the paperclip icon and choose the Game.rxdata file. Keep in mind you're looking for that specific file. Not the ones with your character name, number of badges and play time in the file name.

So after doing Emma's little segment in the Blacksteeple Library, my player character's sprite (who was originally the dark skin male character) is now Marianette. To be frank, I don't personally mind the change but I'd like to know why it happened lol

Edit: Just beat Valerie and got Surf. And apparently Marianette is the second coming.

Maria Jesus.PNG

I can also stand on things I shouldn't be able to stand on after surfing:5982996328f35_RockMaria.PNG.6a8bb239659e6dba03651779d15a4c4e.PNG

Here's my saved file: Game.rxdata 

Edited by Zylos

When leaving the Grand City Penthouse (for the first time) Huey came up and was going to talk to me, but froze a few steps before me, and I quicksaved (thinking that when a soft reset would resolve it) buttttt now I'm frozen at that frame. Any help please?

Game.rxdata

On 8/2/2017 at 4:29 PM, Animefan666 said:

Go to the Reborn folder and find the file Game.rxdata. When posting, click the the link next to the paperclip icon and choose the Game.rxdata file. Keep in mind you're looking for that specific file. Not the ones with your character name, number of badges and play time in the file name.

Got it.
So as I said before, I beat the Puppet Masters and immediately afterwards when they disappeared, my game froze and saved and I cannot move whatsoever.

Game.rxdata

Edited by The Drowsy Scrafty

In the Attack EV Training Room, a single four have Sableye appeared, adding 1 EV to Defense each time. This has happened only once four times in around 1,200 battles. Ever since I passed the 1,000 battle mark, the appearances of Sableye have seen a steady increase. Not sure if that information is directly correlated to the problem or not, but it's an observation nonetheless.

Spoiler

c4bcdcd8d6.png

Edited by Railtracks

There's a bug where the Ancient Book you can find in the Sheridan Wetlands disappears even if you already have an Ancient Book from the Hidden Library 2 request and examine it, and doesn't come back so I can't get another one after handing mine over to the Library guy...attached is my save data, pls help ;u;

Game.rxdata

So I downloaded the patch to fix a bug that occurred with valor mountain and venam not showing up but when I opened up my game, the glitch was still there. Is there something I did wrong? Can someone please explain what I must do?

Edit: Nevermind I fixed it myself.

Edited by Xilentz
I fixed my problem

so apparently you can break the game after defeating the

Spoiler

puppet masters servants Neon and Magenta.

just wanted to meantion

Spoiler

it is causing it, when Aelita is not facing forward)

Edited by Kruppstahl

This bug is pretty weird... I was playing as Axel and had reached the part of Blacksteeple castle in which you play as Melia inside of the library, however once the cutscene at the end was over and I was supposed to control Axel again, I found that the sprite for the skin was replaced by the graphic for Maria/ Marionette's sprite. It stayed like this the rest of the game, even after the official end of v9. It also showed the graphic for Maria on my trainer card, whenever I went into a major fight, as well as on the continue game button. Since there is no back sprite for Maria, at the beginning of any fight, there would be no backsprite essentially being invisible. However, there were also no sprites for Maria surfing, magma drifting, or biking, instead Maria's normal overworld sprite was used, and surfing/ magma drifting caused the sprite to move down half a tile, this was corrected by either walking through tall grass or changing what room I was in. When it came time to change my appearance, I tried and it changed to another sprite of Maria but more happy, with her hands up to her cheeks. My so called "doppelganger" had the normal Axel sprite. Last but not least, my trainer sprite in the "battles" in the Unown dimension was also the Maria sprite. (P.S. if you want to see some pictures, I will upload them here). (P.P.S. I applied the patch for v9 before any of this happened).

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but it's something for certain. Just walking through Route 3 and when I get to where I'm supposed to get to Goldenleaf and a metal gate's there and Aelita's on the other side of it. 

Spoiler

broken.png.bbbdb6be0a44235851a2ff10913d9287.png

Now this is my first time getting here. I know from playing an earlier version that Ren is supposed to put the gate up, and then I have to go get Venom, but I never saw Ren and can't find Venom either. Can anyone help me? I'll attach my game file as well if anyone can fix this, I can't really play like this.

Game.rxdata

7 minutes ago, Cbgkitten said:

Not sure if this is a bug or what, but it's something for certain. Just walking through Route 3 and when I get to where I'm supposed to get to Goldenleaf and a metal gate's there and Aelita's on the other side of it. 

Reveal hidden contents

broken.png.bbbdb6be0a44235851a2ff10913d9287.png

Now this is my first time getting here. I know from playing an earlier version that Ren is supposed to put the gate up, and then I have to go get Venom, but I never saw Ren and can't find Venom either. Can anyone help me? I'll attach my game file as well if anyone can fix this, I can't really play like this.

Game.rxdata

Have you already battled Aelita?  You battle her first, then the event with Ren comes up.

I have a bug where when I use the Random Starter Machine. Occasionally when it asks me if I want to choose a Pokemon, I would press yes and nothing happens, resulting in me having to ask it again in order to receive a Pokemon. i think this may be affecting my chances of getting a "Jackpot" Pokemon, but I'm not sure

Edit:

I self fixed this. sorry for the wasted time

Edited by GenesisZero-Kun
issue fixed