V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

Ok i have a problem. I'm in sheridan city and I'm at the point where i need to go to the chief's house at the very end. After i talked to the girl and walked in, nothing happened. Im pretty sure the mystery girl in the house is supposed to talk to me, but she won't. I can't continue in the game because of this. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, EpicShaymin said:

I found 2 bugs.

One is the player sprite permanently changed on Day 2 of Blacksteeple and the second is decidueye learned steam eruption instead of spirit shackle

Both are known, and I think the first you just need the patch to fix (and mabye reloading a backup if need be).  The second will get fixed eventually.  

Thankfully, the latter isn't like the "When will episode/version _ be out' question or else that fix wouldn't happen for a few years because of how many people report it

6 minutes ago, Cakenne said:

Ok i have a problem. I'm in sheridan city and I'm at the point where i need to go to the chief's house at the very end. After i talked to the girl and walked in, nothing happened. Im pretty sure the mystery girl in the house is supposed to talk to me, but she won't. I can't continue in the game because of this. 

Download and apply patch 10.  This is a long fixed bug.  Once applied go back into Amethyst cave and re-exit.  You might have to go a little bit in for it work, not just the first room.

Edited by seki108

16 hours ago, Yagami said:

If your game is patched,it should have worked.

I just load your save file and it is working for me.

Reveal hidden contents

capture001.thumb.JPG.1e0b1df802b63b10ea6e2ff8cb633d89.JPG

Ok... then I'm not sure what's wrong on my end, I must have triggered a bug that prevents this event from starting,

so if I may ask you to trigger this event talk to Valarie and then send me back my saved file and I'll replace it?

or should I delete the game and re download it with my save file?

EDIT: I downloaded the file a 2nd time , I have 2 files of the same update, and this update made the event trigger, thank you for your help

Edited by KevinSilva
It worked

Yo, I'm Marrianette (again). From dialogue between characters pretty sure it's not meant to be that way. I already downloaded the patch and placed the data/graphics or whatever into the proper places but I have this glitch as soon as i switch from "Emma" to my black male character.

Girls are pretty and all but i don't wanna be one.png

Game.rxdata

Edited by Jikrin

I've got a problem with the second battle against the dim. Gyarados in Goldenwood Forest. When I first got the quest I decided to take it later because my Team was kinda weak back then. Now I'm at the part of the story where I have to resque Amber and I wanted to finish this quest for training, but the dim. Gyarados and the dude I got this quest from are gone, only the other 2 rangers(?) remain in the entrance, still asking wether or not I can pull this of etc.

I have the latest patch installed and besides using Cheat Engine once for the speed hack I never messed with the game.

Game.rxdata

I don't know what to do some i'm posting here cause this is a game breaking bug. I'm at the event Blacksteeple Castle all was going well until i enter the second day. So when i walk i headed for the quarry to be stop the guard telling me to step back, i say no cause screw them you know story wise which i get shock and head back to my room. so i now know i'm not going back their yet so i head the other way in the field area not being stop by the guard which i said to myself fine and then i save my game as i am a chronic save when i make progress i save. Because i of that i did not know that i may have screw up the game cause i go all around the area in the field back at the castle and no events trigger and it seem their nothing i'm stuck. and i know i must of screw up cause now i can go to the quarry area with out being stop. i search around there and no events to trigger to press the game on. I with out knowing hardlock the game /broke it. 
I don't know what to do and as i read your forum topic people have encounter something similar but no idea of a fix, and  as i read them the patch you have predates the mentions of this bug which i don't think you have a fix for. So i'm just asking for any help cause i really don't want to start over and i hope you can fix this scripting error.  

On 8/18/2017 at 10:05 PM, DiaDiaDiamond said:

I don't know what to do some i'm posting here cause this is a game breaking bug. I'm at the event Blacksteeple Castle all was going well until i enter the second day. So when i walk i headed for the quarry to be stop the guard telling me to step back, i say no cause screw them you know story wise which i get shock and head back to my room. so i now know i'm not going back their yet so i head the other way in the field area not being stop by the guard which i said to myself fine and then i save my game as i am a chronic save when i make progress i save. Because i of that i did not know that i may have screw up the game cause i go all around the area in the field back at the castle and no events trigger and it seem their nothing i'm stuck. and i know i must of screw up cause now i can go to the quarry area with out being stop. i search around there and no events to trigger to press the game on. I with out knowing hardlock the game /broke it. 
I don't know what to do and as i read your forum topic people have encounter something similar but no idea of a fix, and  as i read them the patch you have predates the mentions of this bug which i don't think you have a fix for. So i'm just asking for any help cause i really don't want to start over and i hope you can fix this scripting error.  

Well u could access your previous save file-

1. Go to your save games folder( Cdrive->Users->Username->Saved Games->Pokemon Rejuvenation) and delete the " Game.rxdata " file at the end.

2. Rename the save above it(previous save) Game.rxdata.

3. Anddd....................Play the game with your previous save file.  

15 minutes ago, Shadowsusanoo said:

Well u could access your previous save file-

1. Go to your save games folder( Cdrive->Users->Username->Saved Games->Pokemon Rejuvenation) and delete the " Game.rxdata " file at the end.

2. Rename the save above it(previous save) Game.rxdata.

3. Anddd....................Play the game with your previous save file.  

Thanks i didn't know about that. I did what you said and that help thanks.

Welp i'm back again but I'm even more confused. Just purified this quagsire and apparently it has flame burst... No idea if this has been reported already, sorry if it has.

SS2.png

EDIT: I also realised that Quagsire doesn't even learn water pulse or refresh naturally or from purification

Edited by Enderhazard
Adding extra info

21 minutes ago, Enderhazard said:

Welp i'm back again but I'm even more confused. Just purified this quagsire and apparently it has flame burst... No idea if this has been reported already, sorry if it has.

SS2.png

EDIT: I also realised that Quagsire doesn't even learn water pulse or refresh naturally or from purification

That's how Shadow Pokemon work. They have moves they cannot learn.

um hey, I found a glitch/bug/whatever. If you go to goldenwood cave after the shiny garbodor cutscene (before the fight with the important guy whose name slips my mind), when you get an encounter, a double encounter happens and Melia is with you with her togepi. (also her togepi used roar of time through metronome, nothing weird, I just found it funny to mention)

cant attach a screenshot sorry

Edited by DarkMasterKendall

1 hour ago, starmario12 said:

I can't progress through the game and it looks like a bunch of tiles bugged out. I have patch 10 too. This is in the Tower of Theolia.

Game.rxdata

theolia tower.png

It's not a bug, it's supposed to look like that to symbolize how this whole place breaks down. The exit you are looking for is that space on the bottom left, it'll lead you outside the tower.

I'm not sure if I am missing something, but I chose to keep the magma stone instead of giving it up, and when I go to the kristilline tm shop and click on it nothing happens.I watched the mystic lynx play through of this section. and I am pretty sure I am doing everything correctly. Again, I might be missing something, but I have the stone in my key items section and nothing is happening

12 hours ago, Hypnos11 said:

I'm not sure if I am missing something, but I chose to keep the magma stone instead of giving it up, and when I go to the kristilline tm shop and click on it nothing happens.I watched the mystic lynx play through of this section. and I am pretty sure I am doing everything correctly. Again, I might be missing something, but I have the stone in my key items section and nothing is happening

Had the same problem. You actually have to head back to the ruins and talk to the old lady one more time. If I remember correctly she is in one of the rooms on the right side of the gate.

Its amazing how many small bugs you can find when you look at the code. e.g. with the RNG starter select, you are using a number between 1 and 19, then assined one of these numbers to the starters. HOWEVER, the conditional branch for the alolan and secret starters are all numbers above 19, and so immposiable to get this way. Screenshots of the event box in question have been provided in the spoiler ... thing.

Spoiler

Your conditional trees start

RNG starter select code

The error in question (Remember 0216: Random is set between 1 ~ 19 )

h.png.1b8f872102fc179363868c728af43a4a.png

I hope you don't mind me poking around the code for things like this, as I do want to help make this fan game a great experience for others, and hope I can be of assistance.

4 hours ago, PeterStrik said:

Its amazing how many small bugs you can find when you look at the code. e.g. with the RNG starter select, you are using a number between 1 and 19, then assined one of these numbers to the starters. HOWEVER, the conditional branch for the alolan and secret starters are all numbers above 19, and so immposiable to get this way. Screenshots of the event box in question have been provided in the spoiler ... thing.

Hide contents

Your conditional trees start

RNG starter select code

The error in question (Remember 0216: Random is set between 1 ~ 19 )

h.png.1b8f872102fc179363868c728af43a4a.png

I hope you don't mind me poking around the code for things like this, as I do want to help make this fan game a great experience for others, and hope I can be of assistance.

you're not using the latest version of the game :] this was fixed

4 hours ago, nith1415 said:

It seems that Levitate and Magnet Rise do not work. My Flygon was hit by a Dig from Steelix and my Magneton that used Magnet Rise got hit in a double battle by my own Flygon's Earthquake.

Were you fighting in a Cave field? Ground type moves will hit airborne pokemon in cave field.For example I can use earthquake on a pokemon with levitate.

17 hours ago, Yagami said:

Were you fighting in a Cave field? Ground type moves will hit airborne pokemon in cave field.For example I can use earthquake on a pokemon with levitate.

Oh that may have been it. I believe it was in Aquamarine Cave. 

53 minutes ago, nith1415 said:

Oh that may have been it. I believe it was in Aquamarine Cave. 

Yes,I just checked auamarine cave and it has the Cave field effect.

There is a field effect manual in the pokemon rejuvenation folder.Read it and you will find some interesting things to do in a field.