Mr. Divergent Asks You Questions [AYA] Thread

While the AMA Train 2017 was ongoing, I thought of this: What if instead of being the one asked questions, it was the reverse?

Welcome to the AYA Thread where I ask the questions and you provide the answers. To specify, I will be giving exactly 10 questions and your goal is to answer it either in a simple manner or a complex manner with points and arguments.

Here are the questions:

1. Why did you choose (insert username) as your display name?

2. If you won 100000 dollars/euros/pesos/etc in a lottery, what would you do with it?

3. How do you spend majority of your free time?

4. What are your favorite songs?

5. Have you ever had your first kiss? If so, at what age?

6. What is your motivation in living life everyday?

7. What is better: school or work?

8. What is your favorite pokemon type and pokemon?

9. Who is your favorite fictional character? Why?

10. Are you: the type of person who would give if someone asked you or the type of person who would approach the person needing something or neither?

Please do copy paste the questions and place your response for each question directly below the question intended.

I answered my questions both for reference purposes and to anyone who'd like to know.

1. Why did you choose (insert username) as your display name? I chose Mr. Divergent as my display name because I really enjoyed the concept of the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth and when I joined Reborn Forums back in early 2015, it was the first thing I thought of when I registered.
2. If you won 100000 dollars/euros/pesos/etc in a lottery, what would you do with it? I would spent half of it on video games, books, and other luxuries while the other half of it would serve as an investment for my future.
3. How do you spend majority of your free time? I spend majority of my free time nowadays doing activities related to reading. I read books and manga while I also play narrative forms of games. I also spend my time either on Reborn Forums, on the Reborn Server, or on Discord.
4. What are your favorite songs? My favorite songs are Castle on the Hill and I See Fire by Ed Sheeran. I also have When I Was Your Man and Today my Life Begins by Bruno Mars as part of this list.
5. Have you ever had your first kiss? If so, at what age? No. It seems I'm a conservative guy from a conservative country.
6. What is your motivation in living life everyday? My motivation for living life everyday is that I want to achieve my dreams and goals for the future. These involve travelling the whole wide world, achieving happiness, and having success in my chosen career.
7. What is better: school or work? School is probably easier because at this point of life, you get to have more freedom and you get to enjoy the most out of life. Work seems to be a stressful thing and you spend most of your time working.
8. What is your favorite pokemon type and pokemon? My favorite type is Water, but my favorite pokemon right now is Volcarona.
9. Who is your favorite fictional character? Why? My favorite fictional character is Percy Jackson from Rick Riordan's novels. I like his kind of cool personality, his courage to fight, and his other good qualities.
10. Are you: the type of person who would give if someone asked you or the type of person who would approach the person needing something or neither? I'm typically the type of person who would willingly give someone anything as long as the favor is reasonable. I find it hard, probably due to being an introvert, to willingly offer my resources to anyone even if I knew that a person needed something I had.

Edited by Mr. Divergent

why are these AMA´s a thing anyways.

well nevermind

Spoiler

1. REason for username:

Its a motto from the 15th century (something like that), basically saying that everying is in vain. Sometimes i use 505 as username which is the  name of my favourite song

2.Winning 1M $:

I like to think that i wouldnt behave much diffrent then i do now, just being lazy and trying to find my virtue although it would be nice not to worry about money anymore

3. Main activities:

playing games (poker, dota, pokemon mainly) and watching utubevids/tvseries ( supernatural atm), sometimes i get myself to work  out not very often tho

4. Favourite music:

505 from the arctic monkeys is my favourite song otherwise i listen to a lot of diffrent genres, but my favourites are indie rock ( the shins) and hitech/goa

5. first kiss:

kind of in 2nd grade..... i guess not Feelsbadman

6. motivation for everyday life:

i pass - i cant really put it in words

7.SChool or work??:

I really liked school: socializing was easy cauz ud see ur friends everyday anyways and i didnt really had any trouble or the need to study for it so it was quite relaxing,

now theres so much responsibility in life

8. Favourite Mons/type:

i think dragon , cauz i really like mystical/epic creatures favourite pkmn prolly volcarona as well but i have some more i really really like (infernape, heatran, hydreigon, salamance, garchomp)

9. Favourite fictional character:

the main guy of the tv-show mentalist, just his skills and behavior

10. Are you: the type of person who would give if someone asked you or the type of person who would approach the person needing something or neither?

ill just copy op´s answer here cauz i was going to say the same thing:

I'm typically the type of person who would willingly give someone anything as long as the favor is reasonable. I find it hard, probably due to being an introvert, to willingly offer my resources to anyone even if I knew that a person needed something I had.

(Zarc) ----->watched ARC V

2. If you won 100000 dollars/euros/pesos/etc in a lottery, what would you do with it? 

keep them and try to not have an heart attack

playing fan games ? nah atm working for exams

GlitchXCity remix xD , nightcore remix , techno/rock musics

yes , 16 years old.

I don't know. good question.

work.

type : dragons , pokemon : typhlosion

Darth Maul , because he is badass and i love charismatic vilains.

both. my personal nature is help others

Edited by Zarc

this isnt how it works, buddy

anyway HERE WE GO

so people who will see this post in like two weeks will be very confused because by then ill have it changed again, but I chose it because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JaY3vtb760 exists. im that kind of person.

jesus christ so much money. idk honestly. id probably hoard a lot of it. idk how much but a lot. also id probably buy some stuff gaming-related. but mostly hoarding. and maybe id hand out some stuff to charities too. still mostly hoarding.

gaming, writing, sitting on reborn showdown, coming online on discord. thats about it, really. I used to read too, but that kinda died out due to lack of books on my part. its ok, pokemon, fire emblem and yugioh keep me nice and distracted. also youtube.

4. What are your favorite songs?

GROVYLE DONT DO IT

5. Have you ever had your first kiss? If so, at what age?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor laughing crying gif

6. What is your motivation in living life everyday?

now this is one I like. I guess that for me, its mostly having a purpose in life. and I like to believe that my current purpose is being there for the people I need to be there for. even though im not even always as good at that, I can only try my best.

7. What is better: school or work?

school sucks, so work is hopefully going to suck less...? hopefully maybe idk honestly

8. What is your favorite pokemon type and pokemon?

normal type is best type. there are a lot of normal types I really really really like (bidoof, porygon2, munchlax, vigoroth, stoutland, staraptor, swellow, bunnelby, list goes on), but my favorite pokemon actually is electabuzz because design and anime appearances. good ol buzz.

robbie rotten kiteruguma the caveman in all seriousness, im not sure. maybe its because I have been out of reading stories for some time, but there isnt particularly someone that I can really say of 'yeah, this guys my favorite hands-down'. probably brock from pokemon anime. first character I can think of, best pokemon anime character to have ever lived.

it would honestly depend on the person in question. a bit of both.

• Support Squad
Spoiler

Felix, latin roots point to meaning luck,  I'm a lucky guy. It fit. Plus it's simple. Also too many sock jokes.

Dunk it into the bank, earn interest and carry on with my life. The security that money brings is worth more than anything I could buy with it on impulse.

Following up on whatever catches my interest, cycling between watching television, anime, youtube, playing games and reading a few books, though not as much as many.

Dick in a box.

To see if what I am doing works. So far it's been hit and miss.

Work.

Fairy and Cottonee.

This is the most difficult fucking question holy shit.

My main standby that always leaps to mind is Harry Dresden of The Dresden Files. He is not the only one and many characters before and after reading about him threaten to take first. Which is fantastic in and of itself.

Both if I perceive the need. In the city there's many homeless refugees and I'm consistently warded off of giving them change when asked because it's purportedly a scam but I give a random assortment of change when I can. It's a shitty scam if they're spending all day begging. For the other, observance can tip you off to when someone needs help, the most likely being an offer of confidence, but in the end it's difficult to go out and magically solve the problems of the needy with very few resources. Doesn't stop the attempt.

1. Why did you choose Captain Breakfast as your display name? 

Basically, Dan and Ame were messing about coming up names like my original screen name(It was aquawaffle, btw, and I sometimes used magmapancake). The ones they came up with were aerialfrenchtoast, earthebelskivers or something like that and heartcrumpets. And then one of them said something like "with our powers combined, he is Captain Breakfast". And the rest is history.

Also I was tired of people comparing my name to blue waffle, hence the change.

Waste it. Specifically on consoles and games and stuff like that.

Wasting it here or on video games.

They vary. A lot. I'll play one song all the bloody time, then get bored of it, find something else, play that all the time, get bored of it, and so on. Not even sure what my favourite song is right now.

No.

I don't really have any.

Work. You get paid for work(unless you're doing volunteer work or something, in which case, you get experience). You have to pay for school.

Flying and Salamence.

Only character who really comes to mind is Linebeck from The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. He's a cheap, lying, greedy, cowardly, conceited asshole who literally only let Link use his ship because he heard the ghost ship Link's after had tons of treasure onboard and Linebeck is fucking hilarious. Also his theme was one of those songs I obsessed over for a while.

The first one. I always assume if someone wanted my help or whatever they'd ask me and if they were asking nobody in particular for help that someone else would do a better job of helping them.

What a splendid idea!

Spoiler

I never used nicknames for any of my characters in whatever game and went with a short form of my real name (Michael -> Micha).
For once I wanted to choose something that I think sounds cool.
Crossimpact is a cool skill in Ragnarok Online. I played that for ~6 years. So that's cool.

Okay, let's talk priorities here. Gaming PC + games first.
Goddamn 2012 laptop.

Second: Travel around the world to meet some old friends and new people. As Reborn is the only community I'm (starting to get a little more) active in, that'd be a good start I guess!
Prepare strawberry cake please.
I'll pay for it.

Third: Get a special something for each of my friends and everyone else I hold dear.

I'm happy with keeping the rest to pay rent and food for a while.

Definitely video games - mostly LoL, not only playing, but also watching a bit of LoL's competitive scene and coaching content. Oh, I'd enjoy trying to coach someone, by the way.
Most other games come and go, but I enjoy frequently replaying the Borderlands series and other games (i.e. XCOM, Skyrim).

Second place is held by studying (and a little bit of playing) the ancient board game of Go (also called Baduk in Korea or Weiqi in China). It's a pure mindsport.
I'm not very good at it - for now. :P
If anyone is interested, I'd love to show you the basics like I learnt them around a year ago.

I'm not really listening to music. If I do, I prefer anything BUT German (which is my mother tongue) for singing - that is, English and Japanese.
For the most part, give me drums and e-guitars and I'm happy.
Some Japanese first, you'll realize I have watched Naruto.

By My Side - Hemenway
Rockin' Playing Game by SuG

Sign by FLOW
Toumei Datta Sekai by Motohiro Hata
Diver by NICO Touches the Walls
Lovers by 7!! Seven Oops

As for English, I like Sum41 a lot overall. Being romantic is great, so I vote "With Me" for their best song  :3

Other than those, if at all, I tend to turn on music from games.
Darude - Sandstorm
GlitchCity's music is really awesome of course.
Song of the Dragonborn from Skyrim

and for a slow and thoughtful ending: Passing Afternoon by Iron & Wine

Yep, at the age of 17... or was it 18? Not too many more since then.
Video games always steal my heart! Or people I meet through those live too far away for a real kiss.

None. ... ... ...
Heh, gotchu. On a serious note, in general, I perceive "living your everyday life" as nothing but a hassle. 
I started looking for a real motivation again recently.
Friends and family make for a good point, but there can be more.
Fulfilling the answer of question 2 in the regular way sounds nice as well... 

I'll keep on looking.

School. Real obligations and expectations make me highly uncomfortable.
Probably I'll have to finally prove to myself that I can get shit done.
And schoolfriends >>> workmates.

My favourite type is Dragon, as those are mystical creatures (especially before Gen 3).
Also, Dragons are really cool in general.
Therefore my favourite Pokemon is Victini.
Damn, you noticed. Both is true though!

The moon landing. OH, you said character. Excuse me.
Sue the moat guard. OH again.
My girlfriend? Ah, never gets old.

Ok by now I have spent more time on thinking about that question than for consuming meals today. 
So before I actually get mad about it, I'll take the most recent one and say it's princess Elise of Nohr from Fire Emblem Fates.
Why? 
"Because what we need is caring, and a warm hand, and tears."

And tons of hugs, smiling faces and a lot of happiness.
Humanity has come quite far technologically but is still totally inept socially.

You missed "both".
So. Both.
If what I can help with is something I enjoy as well / can easily afford I'm the first to offer.
If it's something I don't enjoy and needs lots of time (or even money) thennn it depends on my relationship to said person.

This would bring us to the philosophical discussion about altruism, wouldn't it?

Being selfless is an admirable virtue ; yet being asked to help also means that your opinion or actions are actively valued.
I think that people need to know they are appreciated - which is not a bad kind of "selfishness", if you can even call it like that.

Its my name. Legit so original me!

Donate it to the Women and Childrens unit in my local hospital, its in dire need of funds

Having a butt load of fun with my kids, reading, playing various pokemon games, playing the sims..

Blimey do we have all year? aha but - Eton Rifles by The Jam, Liza Radley by The Jam, most Madness songs a hella lot of SKA/Two Tone songa and at the moment Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran

ooeeerrrrr, 13 I think?

My kids, my fiancé and making the best of what little life my granddad has left, making each and every day special for him<3

As a 26 year old Id say school haha

If id answered this yesterday prolly Fairy, and Yanmega. today? Dragon and Goodra

Oh. My. God. This is legit the worst! Only one?! erm, gonna go old school here and say Captain Black, cos Mysterons! Nuff said haha

Depended on the situation and all that jazz. If I could, id help anyone I could, within what I could do. I hate to see people suffer, but saying that there are people in this world who deserve all the suffering they get.

long story that's been answered before

probably just buy my house im renting then sit on it for emergencies

studying/cooking/playing mons occasionally

i usually bounce around favorites but all of jump man 93's stuff is great

yea. 15.

pursuit of knowledge i guess

school. i love learning stuff

i love steel types and fighting types and i like scizor

santiago from the old man and the sea. i relate to suffering

i usually wait until someone asks for something to give to avoid seeming like i pity them. however i dont think ive ever refused if someone's asked something of me

The name says all

Maybe i spend them in a sports car and buy a house for me atm

Go out with friends and play games

I prefer the rap/techno/electro music

Yes, 13

Friends and family

Work, i'm searching a job

Dragon and Garchomp

Mine is Phoenix Wright, 'cause he helps people

Both and i like help people

Edited by Hellyeah98

Spoiler

- I've used this name on most things since I first went on the internet. Initials and year of birth- not at all creative 

- Probably save a little bit and give the rest to the UNHCR

- Doing stuff for Reborn 

- I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston and All by Myself by Celine Dion

-Nope

- I always want to do the best I can in everything I do, so that motivates me to try

- Well I want to be a teacher so I guess work will be school... so school I guess

- Favourite type is fairy and pokemon is dedenne

-Hermione from Harry Potter, because she got me through some tougher times in earlier years. She was the first character I came across who was unashamedly smart and wouldn't let anyone push her around because of it, and that was pretty inspirational 

-I'm not good at all at asking for help and I can be pretty giving so probably the former. 

Spoiler

Oh boy, here we go. Ok so I play(ed, took a break and now I'm back) gw2 and the problem was that characters need to have a unique name across all players in the game. So as you can imagine common names are gone in a matter of seconds. So instead I took a generic name and added a surname (why Fair will become clear in a future question).  On top of that I started to devellop a head canon around these characters each with their own interactions, history, personality. In this headcanon they were all friends and formed their own small guild. You could call them a family. Hence they were dubbed the Fair family. The camel casing is just a consequence of my education.

Considering that 100 000 is not that much, I would probably buy myself an appartment with it. If I don't want to live there I can still rent it out.

Gaming.

Not permanent, very prone to change. But right now: Touching On My -3oh!3 , Naughty Or Nice - Cash Cash  (feat. ADG) and In The End - Snow Patrol (Whateverman Remix).

Nope.

Life has so much so to offer in the future, who knows what comes. I can always die later.

Work, as of right now. This is a feeling I share with my friends. After 18 years of education you get tired of it. We really want to work.

Posion, favorite pokemon is Lopunny.

Zack Fair.

I will not intrude in their problems. I will offer help when asked and may offer help when they tell me about their problem. But spontanously offering help out of nowhere? No way , I am no saint.

you have intrigued me. so i will do this for your amusement and mine.

Spoiler

it is a combination of my favorite name and mistake i have made
RENT
here, facebook, reading, DnD, mtg, and having may to many good ideas and not being able to use all of them(i forget them mostly)
(deep breath) let the storm descend upon you and draconian love by Avantasia, through the fire and the flames and solders of the wasteland by Dragonforce, how to be eaten by a woman and starve the ego, feed the soul by the glitch mob, an open letter to whoever is listening by beautiful eulogy, animal rights and ghosts and stuff by deadmau5, dear x, you don't own me by disciple, riders of the storm and crimson thunder by hammerfall, my therapy and liar liar(wasteland monarchy) by kamalot, somewhere i belong and no more sorrow by linkin park, lean on me and avalanche by Manafest, reach a little longer and the forgotten ones by russell allen/jorn lande, and finally children of a faceless god and swan song by sympony x....phew
this may shock some people but no. they see me as a good friend they never let me get that far.
bringing a smile to people's faces
depends on the day
my favorite type is ice and pokemon is a tie between swampert and typhlosion
Jace beleren from mtg, he is smart, can read minds, screws up your game plan, and has a robe i would love have

ask and you shall receive has been (one of many) my motto

p.s. did you see my attempt at something poetic?

Edited by Jace Stormkirk

I was reading a Fire Emblem Let's Play when I was thinking about what name to go with. Since the LPer mentioned IntSys (Intelligent Systems, the company that made the Fire Emblem series) a lot, I kinda just went with it.

I'd probably just donate it. People change when they realize that you're rich, and keeping it a secret is also pretty bothersome.
Surf the Internet. Yes I'm a boring person.
Mashups and VGMs. Here's one.

Do kisses with parents count? And, do kisses have to be lip-to-lip? If parents don't count, the answer is a solid no.
Every day is a step toward my goals. 
I haven't actually worked yet, so I wouldn't know. If I were to guess, though, it depends on the school. My junior high years have been the worst up to this point in my life, not a week went by without hearing teachers yelling in class, and I lived under unnerving pressure from a mix of appeasement and tolerance toward my teachers and peers. School also ended in eight o' clock, worsening the problem.

Though, from what others said, work can be much more of a nightmare than this, so just take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Normal, Porygon-Z.
I don't have one in mind, actually.

I'm the former. I usually can't find a good reason not to give.

1. Why did you choose Animefan666 as your display name?

I try to use as few different usernames as possible and this is the very first one I came up with way back in middle school. I had to put numbers in it because the original was taken when I first came up with it and it just stuck ever since.

For a few years now I've decided that should I come into a large sum of money, I'd give 10k to a few select individuals as a "thanks for putting up with me" gift.

It varies from time to time. Mostly:

Throw on my headphones, set the volume to max, go outside and just walk around.

Watch anime, movies, TV shows etc.

Play videogames.

Long list because I can't narrow it down any smaller :P (I left out ones anime related cuz I actually posted all of that somewhere a while back)

From The World Ends With You:

OOParts

Three Minutes Clapping
Transformation
The One Star
Make or Break
Satisfy
Twister
Owari-Hajimari
Lullaby For You
Calling
Deja Vu
Detonation
Someday

From RWBY

Caffeine

Die
Divide
I Burn
I May Fall
I'm The One
It's My Turn
Dream Come True
Neon
Shine
This Will Be The Day
Time To Say Goodbye
When It Falls

From Rhythm Thief:

Cheering Marie

The Last Dance
En Garde Jean Francois
Melody of Hope
Phantom Notes
Show Time

From The Living Tombstone

Bendy and the Ink Machine

Grim Grinning Ghosts
Spooky Scary Skeletons

From Final Fantasy

Dancing Mad

Jenova
One Winged Angel
Suteki Da Ne
The Man With The Machine Gun
To Zanarkand

Every song from Gitaroo Man

Still Alive - Portal

Cult of Personality - Living Colour

The opening songs to SMT DS 1 and 2

From various other games

Chancellor Cole's Theme - LoZ Spirit Tracks

Chancellor Cole Possesed - LoZ Spirit Tracks
Full Steam Ahead - Loz Spirit Tracks
Dark Pit's Theme - Super Smash Bros
Boss Battle - Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Not really.

Just to see what might happen next. You never know what'll happen and it could surprise you.

Work

8. What is your favorite Pokemon type and Pokemon? 

Favorite type: Dark, Ghost and Dragon

Favorite Pokemon: Delphox

Joshua from The World Ends With You. I'm not exactly sure why.

The first one. It's REALLY difficult for me to turn down a request (at least, in person) if I can help. One time I gave a total stranger $40 simply because he asked. I'm also not very comfortable with asking other people for favors or help if it is within my power to do it by myself.

Edited by Animefan666

HongaarseBeer means Hungarian Bear if you translate it from Dutch. I got this nickname when I was 15 (I kind of gave it to myself but in a slightly different form) and it just stuck. Now, I used to add a 97, but I changed that yesterday because it looked too long. But why Hungarian, you ask. Well, I am part Dutch part Hungarian, that's why

I'd probably spend a lot of it on travelling the world. I would also give some to charity and to my parents. Any leftovers will probably be invested in stocks.

I like to play games on my PC. Every now and then I read a book but that's not a common thing for me to do.

I have too many favourite songs, so I'll list bands that I like to listen to:

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Coldplay

Fall Out Boy

Disturbed

Nothing but Thieves

I'm most likely forgetting a lot of them...

5. Have you ever had your first kiss? If so, at what age? 

I was 16 when I had my first (real) girlfriend and that's also when I had my first kiss etc.

This is a difficult question. I guess just trying to make it far in life but to be honest, I wouldn't really know.

For now, it would have to be school. I work part-time and even though I enjoy my jobs, it's just not ideal.

My favourite type would have to be psychic, my favourite pokemon is the almighty Alakazam

I'll be completely honest, I haven't read fiction in a long, long time. The last work of fiction I read was the first of the Witcher series. It's also the book I enjoyed most, so I'll go with Geralt of Rivia (Gary)

It depends on the person. If it's someone I love/have a special bond with, I'd be the one offering help or anything else. If it's not that kind of person, I would wait for them to approach me.

Edited by HongaarseBeer

Cronos is the name of a titanic villain in a real time tactical video game, I liked the idea of being a giant who goes around stomping and destroying all of creation so I decided "Hey why the hell not" and went with it for a forum that no longer exists, the numbers were just chosen because I wanted to make sure that I had a name that wasn't already taken.
I would give 1000 dollars to the church I am in in small bite sized pieces every month for two years and then spend some money buying myself a game console, several games, and a better laptop, I would then invest 1000 dollars into a certain business and invest 5000 or so in gold because dwarves are cool and people still like shiny, I would then leave the remaining money in my bank account.
RPs I am in a shitload of them man, a shitload of them, but when I get more free time I play old video games and write uninteresting things that are so uninteresting that I don't even have them in my signature.
Heartbeat Radio by Sonder Lerche because hey it makes me happy, If You were gay from Avenue Q because it reminds me that I shouldn't be a terrible person, and literally anything by Tom Lehrer because I just love that guy's songs.
No, I don't really see the point.
The same reason why I am not dead today, because I think that it pisses someone off somewhere, and that makes me happy, but seriously it's because life is a magical and wonderful place and dying early is not for me, as Mr. E. Blackadder Esq. once said "If I don't think of something, tomorrow we die - which I have to tell you, Baldrick, I have no intention of doing! I want to be young and wild, and then I want to be middle-aged and rich, and then I want to be old and annoy people by pretending that I'm going deaf!". 
Work, people aren't annoying teenagers there.
Dark type because I like the color black and I happen to find the pokemon there cool, my favorite Pokemon would obviously be Tyranitar, with Rhyperior being a close second.
Mr. E. Blackadder and his other incarnations, because I just like the idea of a dishonorable bastard whose only goal in life is to be rich and powerful. Probably because that is really something that would click with most people.

For the most part I am the last person, I have a tendency to just not care about other people and ignore their entire existence when it is not helpful for me. Unless I like you enough, in which case I am the second guy, and probably stalking you.