Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Cathode could barely make out someone shouting "gyarados" and "potion"  among the mayhem.  She turned her head towards the source and saw the stuff flying towards her direction.  Apparently the person expected Cathode to catch it.  They didn't know Cathode well.

Cathode put reflexively one arm in front of her face and closed her eyes,  while she stretched the other hand in a futile attempt to catch it blindly. Luckily it didn't hit her,  as it fell on the soft sand near her feet. She heard the soft thud, opened her eyes, and crouched to pick it up.

"Th-thanks!" she shouted to the newcomer. 

It was not long after that she heard a scream, and turning towards that, she saw Omega's rocky spike of a leg coming straight at terry.  That psycho was really extatic about that. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the combusken rushing towards her with blistering speed, obviously trying to land a blow on her. Cathode saw this as the sole oppurtunity in this predicament. She hoped the flaming chicken's attack would decrease her momentum enough for Terry's bite to go through.

"It's a chance Terry,  Bite her when that combusken hits her!" 

Terry was finally invigorated at the possibility of finally hitting the vile woman, and wasted no time mustering power in his jaws for the exchange.

[Terry used Bite]

#04 DUNGEON

RADOVAN & SENA

*+Zeta, Betani, Rita*

Zeromaru's Water Pulse knocks the Claydol out, making it collapse onto the pavement and dissipate into pink energy that flies up and out of the dome.

[Battle Phase Over]

Woobat gains 110 Exp. Level up!

Zeromaru gains 30 Exp.

Radovan earns 5 EP.

Sena earns 10 EP.

"Huh, stealing the kill." Betani scoffs at Sena, but she also lets Nee jump into her embrace, like a baby. "You did well." She whispers, headpatting the Steenee, trying to make it so no one else hears her. But everyone else hears her.

[Continue Dungeon Traversal]

image.thumb.png.088605a6873874421f884abad930cdb8.png

Points of Interest:

Spoiler

'X' marks your location.

8 marks Radovan's Sableye.

10 marks the fountain.

-----------------------------------------------------

#04 BEACH

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY

*+ Omega*

Mr Cuddles' Chip Away (15,628 Atk Value) deflects Omega's Precipice Blades

Precipise Blades' Atk Value drops to 0

Mr Cuddles successfully defends himself against the attack, while the others confronted Omega straight on. With quick thinking, Emmanuel allows Nicaea to evade the attack. However, Emmanuel himself feels the scorching blaze singing the back of his right leg, burning through his pants and leaving a painful mark on it, despite not making direct contact. The strength of the fire was just that overwhelming.

Nicaea proceeds to launch her own attack at Omega, with Emm's help.

Nicaea's Mega Drain (7,405 SpA Value) on Omega

crit: 4,61 crit!

It's Super Effective!

It's a critical hit!

Omega takes 792 damage!

"W-what, a sneak attack, by a shitty Gloom of all things!?!?" Omega screams, noticing the Gloom flying up to meet her. Her eyes widen as she's unable to react in time, having been too focused on crashing into Terry, and owing to Emmanuel's tactical skills. Nicaea's attack connects directly and painfully, enveloping Omega in green vines made of energy being sapped from her body. The spikes forming around her legs break off as she lets out a monstrous shriek, a furious pink light emanating from the cracks forming on her body from the attack. Jay and Ember fly into the fray as well, intercepting Omega's trajectory with a well-timed Double Kick, allowing for Terry to easily catch her cracking body in his jaws.

[Ω Battle Phase Over Ω]

Solosis gains 100 Exp. Level up!

Nicaea gains 100 Exp. Level up!

Terry gains 100 Exp. Level up!

Mr Cuddles gains 100 Exp. Level up!

Ember gains 100 Exp. Level up!

Emmanuel earns 70 EP!

Cathode earns 50 EP!

Jay earns 50 EP!

Joy earns 50 EP!

Sapphire Shard x1 received and transferred to joined account.

---

Omega's body, cracking in places, lay limply in Terry's jaws, like a ragdoll. Her face is a frustrated scowl momentarily, but she twists it into a sick grin afterwards. "Ha...hahahaha... YOU THINK YOU'VE BEATEN ME!?!?!? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH! I am immortal, after all!!! So long as I exist as a potential future for that girl, nothing will change! HAHAHAHAAHAHA" A pink liquid drools from her body and onto the sand. She doesn't appear to be capable of motion, her arms and legs tattered and slowly turning to dust-to soil.

Music: Utopia

Her face twists further into a self-satisfied, cocky grin, showing off her teeth. "You can't kill me!"

For some reason, standing there, a chill runs down your spines. The island was in disarray and your friends were deep underwater. Dozens of people must've died in Omega's rampage. You beat her but she speaks of immortality... Could it be the same as when you defeated the other one? Alpha came back, after all. What if Omega could too?

Pondering that, you fail to notice Omega's expression change back to a softer one. An expression familiar to you from just earlier that day-Uno's expression, worried and tender, caring and assured.

"Emmanuel... Thank you... Through this body, I heard your words. I saw your fight. You...you all think of me as a friend. As someone worth saving. Me-who was so selfish... so selfish to have caused all this.... Just because... Just because I wanted my body back. I wanted my dancing back!" Tears stream down her face, leaving muddy trails in her earthen skin. "What she said is true, she will return... If she pushed herself, she may already be reforming from the ground of this island, using the people underwater as fuel, their wishes and sadness, grief and loss, as sustenance... I've decided. I'm going to meet her at the last remaining stone protecting this island. I will hold her back until you've arrived." She forces a quivering smile on this broken face. "I will be fine. I know in my heart. My wish has changed, I may be able to hold her back, no matter how tremendous in power she grows, but not for long. Lampy and I have helped defeat the Claydol, but two stones have already been destroyed. Please, I'll be waiting for you. Help me fix my mistake..."

Omega's eyes grow cloudy and her body falls apart into fine grains of sand and dirt. A blue Shard drops next to Terry and Cathode, much like the red one you found after defeating Alpha.

On the maps displayed on your A-Comms, you can see the location of the final stone. It's on the far off edge of the island. How will you reach it in time? If Omega is already coming back to destroy it, then!

Your A-Comms start buzzing.

It's Ray.

"G-guys you've destroyed the energy signature? And without my support!??! Good job, good job! And we've defeated the Claydol, so it's over now! One of the stones we needed to protect is still standing so we're clear! Oh, but we still have to evacuate the citizens here, so go to the town."

"Huh, guys? Something wrong?"

[What will you do?]

Joy watched the scene between whatever that lady was and the cadet even after that she had even less of a clue what the hell was going on. She was about to say something as her A-comm went off. "Oh hello its Joy. I have no clue what the hell is going on but apparently its not over yet and the stone isn't safe, soooo we are going need to get over to there as fast as possible. Okay!!!" Joy said into her A-comm her voice slightly less joyful the usual. 

• 2 weeks later...

Radovan had a slight look of disgust on his face for a moment as Sena's Frogadier finished off the Claydol, but quickly brushed that feeling off with a, "Nice kill steal, is everyone here alright? I don't think either of them did much, but you never know." He asked, letting out a sigh as he waited for a response, only starting to walk off the the Sableye's last known position again if everyone seemed good. No use wasting any more time over here with chatting when they can just walk and talk after all, and it's not like the Claydol or Baltoy were quiet.

"yeah sorry about the kill steal thing, anyway, I've found something interesting." Sena showed Betani the footage in the forest with a distinct blue and red glow emanates from the center of it. "The glow reminds me of Alpha and Omega, but I can't take a closer look aside from this footage as the door into that forest is locked, I think it might be best for us to investigate it."

Emmanuel took a bit of time to recover from the burn, but he wasn't letting it get to him in any bit. He'd stop at nothing to erase the last bit of that potential future, if it meant saving Uno and the island. "Ray, like what Joy said, the last stone isn't in the clear yet. The energy signature was from a monster called Omega. We defeated her once just now, but from the looks of it, she's aiming to be resurrected near it so that she could destroy it. Please try to hold her offensive down for a bit, I don't think we can get there before she does. Uno said she'll be there holding her back, too," he added. After a brief pause, he decided to brief her on what he had gathered from the encounter so that the cadets there could stand a better chance against her. "Omega's likely to be Ground-type, were I to guess. She counters Physical attacks with a strong Ground-type attack, and Special attacks with Fiery Dance. I've sent you the info my A-Comm was able to read off her, I hope that it'll at least help somewhat."

Finally, he said to the other cadets, "I don't know how much time they can buy for us, but in any case, we need to move now. We beat her once - we can definitely do it again!" 

Joy listened to the other cadets sort of explain the situation. She still had no clue who this Uno he was talking about is."Wow, thats like a proper way of reporting things but can't we get a car or something that would be much faster then trying to run all the way there. I'll drive and everything" Joy chimed in hoping to avoid having to do more physical work. 

#04 DUNGEON

RADOVAN & SENA

*+Zeta, Betani, Rita*

Zeta perks up while watching the video Sena shows them. "Oh, oh-! I know, I know! It's like the Tree of Life was back in my home!She says excitedly, causing Betani to turn towards her. "Huh, smart kiddo. She's probably right, you know. This might be this Nexus' Core." Her calm demeanor contrasts Zeta's excited one. Zeta looks up at Betani with a big smile regardless. "The glow reminded me of the crystals back home too."

"Still, you say these lights remind you of Alpha and Omega, there might be a connection. You guys found a Shard when you defeated Alpha for the first time, right? So it's possible they might be using the power of Shards and, consequently, the Core of this Nexus as well." Betani remarks as you continue through the city.

The city remains unpopulated as ever. You catch glimpses of people in the alleys or streets, mostly looking despondent. Some are running aimlessly. Yet around the whole city, pink lights seem to be rising up towards the surface. Life energy. In such large quantities, it was probably being used for something grand.

As you follow the map towards Sableye's location, you start to notice you're straying away from the center of the city and reaching the edges, towards the dome's walls. You reach a clearing with only a few family houses around. The building have been growing thinner as you neared the edge, replaced by wide streets adorned with beautiful tall greenery you've never seen. It reminds you a bit of a Tropical Exeggutor. "Wooooow! These are so cool!"

At the center of the clearing seems to be like a small shrine of sorts, an iron fence around it, in the middle of a roundabout. "Old pagan legends, huh." Betani remarks. There, you see Sableye.

"It's here! Yay! Sableye, come here to us!Zeta starts waving towards Sableye with a smile on her face. She runs towards it, but Sableye just sticks its tongue out and slithers away using its shadows before you have a chance to call it back. It slithers further towards the edge of the city, towards Interest Point 7. "Great, we're actually doing this, huh?"

"Yeah, we're playing with Sableye~!"

"Stop, we've got more important things to do. Like getting back to the surface and saving the Nexus. You're so happy, you nearly died earlier. Grow a brain."

"H-huh..?"

Betani sighs. "Let's just go grab Sableye. If necessary we'll beat it down."

-------------------------------------------

#04 BEACH

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY

"HUH!?" Ray sounds surprised for a moment, the line being silent. She does, however, quickly start talking again. "Relaying the data to other Cadets and arranging for a car to be brought over to you ASAP! We're calling for Cadets to get to the location for interception, we can't let the last Stone be destroyed." She says, her usual demeanor replaced by a serious tone. "Ah, so that must be the stream of energy we've been detecting coming from the ocean." She continues, talking more to herself or someone else in the dispatch room with her rather than to the party. "Car is arriving with some supplies. We'll keep in touch. Hurry." The line cuts just in time as you see a land rover-like vehicle pull up in front of you. The car doors open, revealing the thick and thin jerkass Cadets that Emmanuel encountered the day prior.

"Get in."

"Yeah, get in."

"We're not letting you get all the credit."

"We're not."

Radovan simply let out a sigh as his reflexes failed him, resisting the urge to chew Zeta out a bit, and instead chose to remark, "Well...whatever, let's just get my Sableye back and break down that gate or something, if it's anything like last time I could use the backup."

He then stretched his limbs a little, and patted Zeta's head before he said, "I'm going to get Woobat to track him down for us, chasing him around town could be 'fun' I guess, but we're a bit strapped for time." Releasing his Woobat out of their ball once more, and pointing a finger at the shrine as he said, "Woobat, use Odor Sleuth on that Shrine, and use Sableye's scent to track him down." causing the Woobat to stare at him for a while, before it realizes where the man's hand was pointing, and sets to work with tracking the ghost down, with Radovan following closely behind him.

A trembling "Uno-!"  was the last thing Cathode was able to say, after seeing her crumble into sand.  Was there even a way to save her at this point?  Or would se go down with her vengeful alter-spirit after they took care of it? A stream of tears was tricling down her cheeks, as she was listening to the contents of the phone call.  Her eyes wandered on the blue shard that had dropped near them.  Might as well pick it, she thought. You can never know when something with unknown properties becomes useful.  

The similarly blue serpent was still next to her, seemingly mulling on concerns of his own.  Perhaps seeing an entity that at least temporarily took command of and controlled his kind, including him, get defeated partly by him and crumbling in front of him had an effect on him? Cathode stood up and tried in vain to hug his large midsection. "You were amazing Terry!"  She tried to cheer him up, even if she couldn't cheer up herself.  He looked down, confused, at the obviously sad girl trying to cheer him up. Weird little human. If anyone needed that, it was her.  He gently put his tail fin behind her as a wordless gesture.

It was mere moments after that the supply car arrived, much faster than she expected,  which was of course a good thing. The duo in charge of the vehicle however was kinda weird.

"Is credit all you can think of in this situation?"  Cathode snapped,  then added in a more appreciative tone  "...but thanks for the fast arrival i guess. Even if that's your motivation, we need all the help we can get."

• 2 weeks later...

"After he found his Sableye, would it be okay if we go back to the forest gate and force it to open? I'm not sure beating Alpha and Omega is-" Sena remember to Abravator. to what the Abravator said to him and Emmanuel:

"Which came first, the Pidgey or the egg? The Land or the Sea?"

"A...woman thrown between the two. But who is she?"

"Things are starting to change. Goodbye now. And be careful. We must be on our way as well..."

oh you have got to be  kidding me, this is probably what those two talking about. Sena think to himself, he's not entirely sure the meaning behind those phrase, but one thing for sure, like it or not, either Uno herself or her existence is disturbing the Nexus core. She might not realize it, and even if they manage to defeat Uno, that doesn't means the crisis would end. Whacking the Nexus Core might be the solution to the current problem. keyword: might.

"Yeah, I think Uno, Alpha and Omega have connection with the core, I can't really put my finger on what it is, but it's important. We might need to whack the core a bit just like in the previous Nexus to fix some of the problem we are currently have right now." Sena think a bit, remembering the door he examined. Can they force it open with enough force thought?

• 2 weeks later...

Joy marches straight towards the car with Mr. Cuddles in front of her who jumps into the car first and started shoving its two occupants out the others side with his strength and bulk. "You best get out of his way. This whole thing has interrupted his snack time and he is a bit unhappy." She said with a slight giggle as she took the drivers seat. "Hey you all better hurry up and get in. This is your lots job to finish if the weird ladies voice is anything to go by." She called out the others on the beach mainly the ones who where there before she arrived as she revved the engine of the car.

• 2 weeks later...

#04 BEACH

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY

*two meddling Cadets*

"H-hey don't push us-uh!" Joy and Mr Cuddles could easily overpower the duo, pushing them out of the car. "W-we need some credit too, we got our asses thoroughly handed to us back in the town!"

"Y-yeah, we do! And we did!"

"Don't confirm that we got beaten up!"

"B-but-"

Ray spoke up through your A-Comms. "All set in the car? Just follow my directions!"

---

#04 CLIFF

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY
*Uno, Omega, Cadets*

Following Ray's directions took your through the woods and through dirt backside roads alike. However, she made sure to lead you down the fastest route, even if it was a bit bumpy and uncomfortable.

Once you arrived at the cliff on the other side of the island, where the final stone stood, you rushed out of the car and towards a familiar figure in the distance. Actually, two figures who looked exactly alike, though one's body was extremely thin and sickly. Yet, she stood proudly, her back straightened and her feet spread out in a stance ready for a fight. Next to her stood her Chinchou, Lampy.

image.png.f65c9b60277deb0ae9da1104481bf57a.png

Yes, Uno was standing between Omega and her goal-the stone. Several unconscious Cadets laid around them together with their Pokemon, likely having been defeated by Omega's reincarnation.

"Get out of my way-!" Omega hissed at Uno. It was surreal, watching two versions of the same person contrasted in such opposition.

"No. I will not move for you, nor for anyone, ever again." "Chou, chou!"

"TSK! You won't move for yourself either?? I'm your future, make path and accept me! You've wanted this, right? A new body, one that could dance? One that could do what you wanted it to do? One that was taken from you!!!"

Uno looked down for a moment, but then closed her eyes. When she raised them again, her gaze was a confident stare directed at Omega's own eyes, maddeningly red. "It is true, I once desired only that and at any cost. I felt helpless and, in my helplessness, I felt the only thing I could do was lash out against the people I held responsible. That was my wish and my reason for being. But, not anymore. You wouldn't understand, since you must be a version of me that never experienced friendship in the same sense that I have. Radovan, Sena, Cathode, Zeta and Emmanuel... They never stopped believing in me! They never thought of me as inferior! They only ever wanted me good! And thanks to them, I now have only one wish! And it's not becoming you! I will forge a new future for myself, by my own hand and my own feet! The one thing I want is this:"

It was as if air itself became still as Uno took a deep breath, raising her sleeved arms and slowly spinning in the spot, taking up what would appear to be a dancing position after making a 360 degree rotation. Her feet were joined at the heel while her arms raised diagonally. She stood with fierce determination despite her broken body. The strain was apparent on her face. She was giving it her all!

Music: "My only wish is this one dance!"

This display seemed to anger Omega, whose expression changed to a barely controllable rage. "FINE, I'll just do it by force! You cannot stop me, your body is nothing compared to mine and your dancing moves are out of practice! I'll destroy the stone in no time and without harming you either!"

"..." Uno stood silent, which seemed to aggravate Omega even further. "RRRAGGH!" Omega screamed as flames erupted from her feet, projecting her upwards like a missile. She made a frontflip mid air as her trajectory formed an arc above Uno, landing straight at the stone. However, incredibly, Uno's feet seemed to move with unnatural speed and accuracy as she reached the stone herself in a mere single step. Her soft step landed her on the stone before Omega and she met Omega's attack head on. Omega's face turned to one of absolute befuddlement. Uno spun and grabbed Omega's foot before it could reach the stone. She spun further, tossing Omega to the other side and back the way she came from. The monstrous dancer landed barely on her feet as Uno gazed upon her from her higher position at the stone, framed by the Moon. Uno had stopped the full brunt of Omega's attack with a graceful dance move. It was simply astounding. Uno's legs began glowing a blue and red hue respectively.

"No. No way!?" Omega screamed as her own right leg glowed blue. She charged at Uno and the stone head on, raising Precipice Blades in her path and launching them to her front to smash both Uno and the stone. Uno herself charged forward, evading the Precipice Blades and clashing directly with Omega. However, Uno moved with such grace that as her elbow smashed itself into Omega's stomach, it didn't seem to bother her at all. Immediately, she spun in such a manner that released any energy that could've broken her body further, using it to her own advantage to launch Omega into the air. Having lost her touch with the soil, the Precipice Blades themselves halted before they could reach the stone. Uno ran up one of the Blades, jumping to meet Omega head on once more. Omega tried to summon flames to protect herself, but Uno seemed to have predicted all of it, sliding between the arcing flames so that they only burned at her clothes before they could coalesce upon her frame. She grabbed Omega's arm and threw her downwards, smashing her into the ground as she herself slid down a different Blade, landing with utmost grace.

"I-I will dance until my friends get here and-and then... Then I'll dance together with them, on this festival night! You listen!? This is my own, my only desire, my driving force. Even if it breaks my body, I will protect this place until they get here and still have enough in me to dance another dance with them!"

At that moment you noticed just how much out of breath Uno looked. Her body couldn't handle this strong desire building up in her heart much longer. Now that Omega was down for the moment, it was your time to rush to Uno's side!!!

[Will you help Uno?]

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 DUNGEON

RADOVAN & SENA

*+Zeta, Betani, Rita*

Woobat leads you chasing Sableye all the way to the very edge of the dome and the city. You find yourselves at wooden docks abruptly ending upon having been broken down by the giant glass dome that was placed around the city. Beyond the dome you see the ocean floor, yet, unlike this city, the ocean outside seems desolate and more like a desert than anything else. You cannot see far off into the distance as the only light source is the city you're in right now, but you can see sand. Sand. Sand. And old ruins, covered in sand.

"W-what happened here?Zeta asks in a worried tone. But none of you have the answer. The only thing you can do is grab Sableye, who's reached a dead end running away from you. After all, not even it would be willing to exit the dome here. "Maybe Sableye wanted us to see this?The green haired girl continues, prompting Sableye to cock its head to the side. Zeta continues intently staring outside. Her expression is largely unreadable, but you catch a glimpse of nostalgia beyond her worried gaze.

"Whatever, this is the bottom of the sea. So what if there's nothing there? It's a Nexus, so we can't even say for sure what any of this means. It could simply be a random occurence for all we now, based on millions of possibilities that may have existed." Betani scoffs, turning at her heel. "And the Sableye doesn't seem to be running anymore, so call it back and let's go find a way up. We won't be finding anything here."

[Continue Dungeon Traversal]

Joy stayed in the car watching the two figures as the others got out. Figuring that the other figure fighting the one she recognized as Omega was this Uno who needed help or was helping them (Honestly it was confusing to her) she called Mr. Cuddles back to his ball as she made sure her seat belt was fastened. Giving wicked smile and a wave to any of the others who looked back at her as she revved the engine of the car before slamming the peddle down and shooting out towards Omega intent on running her down with the car.  

The last stone! Jay could spot it glistening as he got out of the car, sore from the bumpy ride. Luckily there seemed to be a cadet defending the stone.

Nevermind - the 'cadet' made her legs glow blue and red. Speaking of which, the person defending the stone looked an awful like the crazy flaming dance lady Omen, only less so. It was a wonder that she was still standing, with skin and sinew barely holding bones together.

Frankly, Jay lost track of the whole progression already. It was tough to do that when he was half-panicking all the time.

Jay yelped as he jumped to the side, even if the car was going to miss him by a fair way. Was one of the cadets going to ram them with a car?! Jay jumped to the conclusion of it being murder, but considering how the last copy of Omegle disintegrated into sand when they 'killed' her, he doubted that she counted as a person anyway...as long as Jay can explain all this nonsense afterwards.

Oh, and Omelet was trying to kill them all.

Jay dusted himself off, pretending to not have shaking legs and not wanting to just hole back up on his dorm room. Why Aether Foundation sending teenagers like them to tackle terrorists that could kill them all with a giant blade of earth, he had no clue. But there was no more backing away now (especially the case as the escape car was currently en route towards the danger, not away). With unsteady hands, he found grip of the Aetherball and summoned Ember. If that frail looking lady could stand against Omega, then so should he. 

Ember tumbled out, beak and claw ready, then paused when she spotted Omenta still alive and snarling at the cadets. Ember looked confusedly back towards Jay, then made a gesture towards the ground. 

"Yeah, the one we beat was actually sand or something!" Jay said, feeling ridiculous as he said it. "S-so we're gonna do it again!"

Jay only hoped that the other cadets would back him up as he and Ember readied up for a fight.

Emmanuel ran for Uno first and foremost, though he was a bit glad to see that Joy was willing to show this much effort as well. He looked up into Uno's eyes, held her arm, and said with certain determination. "You're not alone. We'll cross this bridge together!"

The young boy made his message loud and clear. Meanwhile, Nicaea simply flashed a confident grin, taunting Omega. She had her own message too - this wasn't a fight between equals; this was a hunt, Omega was the game, and she was the hunter.

If he had the time, or a more philosophical bent Radovan might have gazed out into the ruins embedded deep in the sea, and pondered them at length, comparing what his eyes have beholded with the words Omega and Alpha had spoken to him earlier to derive some deeper meaning from all this. But unfortunately, we're still talking about Radovan here, and he did not have the time to think anything deeper than, 'Oh, so this is what the Gyarados destroyed?,' before he put his Sableye back into it's ball, and quickly turned to leave. "Maybe we can ask Uno what the ruins under the sea used to be, but right now we need to get going so uh, let's try and find the key to that gate or something!," he set off towards the gate Sena mentioned, hoping to get all of this dealt with as quickly as possible, saving a Nexus's bound to get him a medal or something right?.

Start heading towards point 3 after getting Sableye back.

Interesting... the only thing Sena can do now is to ignore it for now, and Radovan is right, they are in hurry right now.

"Right, let's go to the forest's gate." As he walk with the group. "On the off chance we couldn't, we have to split up, searching the gate key in some of the places that seems to be interesting."

Is destroying or at least damaging the core would reduce or even end this crisis? There isn't any possible right answer for that, until they actually see the core's situation. Worrying now won't solve anything. Sena think to himself.

Cathode, who had been taken off guard by Uno's sudden epparence and her dancing battle with her wicked incarnation,  might have been left dumbly staring at them for quite longer, if Joy didn't put the pedal on the metal, heading with increasing speed towards the same place she was staring.
She was about to say how that might not be a good idea, but after considering how tired everyone's pokemon were, she figured this might just be their best shot.

So she instead poked her heat out of the window and shouted, "Unoooo hang in there, we're coming! Try to not get hurt!"

She then stuck her body on the back of the chair, and cluthced her seatbelt tightly and nervously, awaiting the impending impact.

• 2 weeks later...

#04 CLIFF

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY
*Uno, Omega, Cadets*

"E-emmanuel? Cathode?" Uno seems surprised to see you here already. Her cheeks redden as she looks down, appearing embarrassed. "H-how much did you hear?" She asks worriedly, but her thoughts are interrupted by Joy smashing the car into Omega's downed body. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Omega shrieks as the car runs her over, passing over her whole body like she was roadkill. "O-oh my..." Uno says in response, holding a hand to her lips. She then looks down, her expression saddening. "Emmanuel, Cathode, I'm so sorry... This, this is indeed all my fault... And now I no longer... I can no longer even stand..." She drops to her knees, her body feeling feebler than ever. Whatever she was doing to stop Omega must've exhausted whatever strength she had. "She won't go down that easily, please stop her in my stead, I must sit for a moment..."

And just on cue, Omega stood up. Her arm was twisted unnaturally and her body was scrapped and tattered all over after having been run over. However, this doesn't stop her from cracking a smile. "You four again? You'll stand in my way? Guess I have no choice... With Uno refusing me, I will just have to take this future for myself! It's not complete but shit, can't be picky right now. Now, my Pixie Shard, resonate with the life from below the sea and awaken my true potential as the manifestation of the Splash Core!" She shouts, her voice resonating far and wide across the open sea. Suddenly, the pink lights from the sea emerge again and intensify stronger than ever. The entire sea is overcome by a pink glow as shining particles seemingly emanating the glow all start flying in a giant tornado-like swirl towards Omega. Her body glows a mixture of pink and blue, their colors twisting as if broken by the water's surface. Her laugh echoes as her arms begin convulsing and twisting unnaturally, her skin ripping apart to reveal giant stone claws. Translucent blue crystals begin sprouting from her back and knees as her outfit transforms. She grows larger before your very eyes, standing at least 3 meters tall now. Before you stands the new Omega. Primal Omega, the being of the end.

image.png.4316e8228b00dae6776be8dd9a26ac9e.png

"MUFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! Do you still dare fight me or will you let me tear apart both the stone and my other self!?!?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 DUNGEON

RADOVAN & SENA

*+Zeta, Betani, Rita*

As the group travels back towards the gates, suddenly, the world around them starts being irradiated by a powerful pink glow. Those life particles start floating upwards from literally across the city as Radovan and Sena notice that they're floating out of them too, as well as from Betani, Zeta, Rita and all of their Pokemon! These particles weren't just being sucked out of the Claydol and Baltoy anymore, they were being sucked out of everyone underwater!

"Guys this isn't good!" Betani exclaims and you are inclined to agree, as your motions grow more sluggish by the minute and your thoughts start to blur. You can fight this feeling off for now, but not for long. Around you, you see people falling on all fours, life being drained from them.

"Let's hurry, I don't think we can go past these gates at this time! Hell, we don't really have time right now!!"

"W-we should go, the evil Uno has to be using everyone's lives to make her wish come true! I don't like this feeling..."

Feeling his thoughts start to run and blend together into an undiscernable whole, Radovan slaps the side of his head to try and snap back to reality, and force himself to start briskly walking towards the fountain, hoping that everyone else would have the sense to follow after him.

Jay wasn't surprised at the weird transformed monster 'Omega' had become, not anymore. In fact, annoyance brewed up inside him and cracked through the tired out fight and flight mechanism.

None of this made sense, cadets seemed way too casual for what sounded like the end of the world and this lunatic cult lady-monster-thing had far overstayed her ridiculous villanious welcome. The hisses of doubt that sneered at him wasn't so far as it was erased, but was drowned out by an exasperation at the sheer lack of sense this situation was, and that he felt sidelined from logic itself.

Adrenaline, like high tide behind a bloated dam, kicked in and impatient anger stampeded forth. Flight had burned out at the fuse, and now it was time for fight.

"Just shut up!" Jay shouted as he squinted his eyes at the screaming monster, exasperatedly shooing them away. "Shut up and go to hell! I don't care about your stupid rock or if you want to ruin the world or whatever - I don't care, I don't care, just go back to being dead already!"

That was all the instruction that Ember, stoically eyeing the monster, needed to run headlong toward their assaultor, lunge up against a nearby rock and throw a kick up against Omega's face.

Jay uses Attacker Lv. 1 to raise Ember's ATK by 1 stage!

Ember uses Double Kick (5654 * 2) against Omega!

• 3 weeks later...

Cathode usually wasn't that kind of person, but right now she was feeling immence satisfaction after having drive-by'd that pesky ghost,  even if she ended up being more mad in the process.

"That felt incredible! J-joy was it? Can we do it again? That meanie deserves it!"

Joy was rather peeved when Omega got back up. People weren't suppose to do that it was annoying and even more annoying now that Omega decided to transform into something Joy watched on the shows in the morning...when she woke up to anyway.  She was reeving the engine of the car as she stared at the giant Omega  trying to figure out what to do next when the girl who she didn't even realize was still in the car spoke snapping her out of her pondering. "Wait you're..... Never mind Umm...yeah maybe she just got giant like those shows with the people in silly bright spandex suits enemies do. Just be ready to jump out since the car might not make it though." Joy said as she started to drive towards the giant Omega again looking for a place she could run the car into the them.