Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Okay. Okay? Okay. Jay was okay. Everything was okay, okay?

Jay felt his legs shuddering, like someone had stolen his bones and his muscles were desperately trying to support Jay and the entire weight of his first real battle. Jay looked pathetic, he knew. The battle felt almost surreal to him - he had to slip on his false bravado, shouting commands and overlooking the battle. But reality had its way of delayed shocks, and Jay was feeling the full force, a tidal wave of "Holy crap I could have died" and "Am I really cut out for this?" Before Jay sank into rumination, Ember had returned to him, her feathers ruffled and beak scratched from pecking the serpents down. 

"Uhh..." Jay let out a shaky laughter. "I - I knew we could do it!" He pumped his fists in the wrong direction. At least he should look confident in front of his Pokemon! Impose authority...or something. That's what people kept telling him to do anyway.

Ember gave a drawn out bawk in response. Jay wasn't fooling anyone, apparently. Or maybe he was just trying to fool himself.
"A-anyway! Should we go say hi?"

Ember pecked at his shoes. Stop shaking.

Jay punched his thighs. "I'm trying, okay?" He hissed. He took a few deep breaths, tried again to put the bones back in his jellified legs, but it was pulled back out at the sight of Cathode's freshly caught Gyrados turning on her.

"Uh...!" Jay stepped back, and noticed Ember waiting and alert for Jay's instruction. Should he sent Ember after the Gyrados? But why would a caught pokemon attack the trainer? "Do - wait, I think - uh, I think -" I think she's got it. Jay struggled to articulate, but Ember understood, tentatively watching as Cathode attempted to recall the Gyrados. 

#04 BEACH

CATHODE, EMM, GREG, JOY & JAY

"Right, backup is already there! Good job, guys, leave the rest to us!" Despite it only being an audio transition, you can imagine Ray giving you a thumbs up on the other side of the line. Several Cadets with their Pokemon run out to the scene, just as Mr Cuddles pushes the Gyarados' final attack away. The battle is over for you.

Emmanuel gains 50 EP!

Cathode gains 50 EP!

Joy gains 100 EP!

Jay gains 50 EP!

Nicaea gains 300 Exp. Level up!

Suzie gains 300 Exp. Level up!

Mr Cuddles gains 300 Exp. Level up!

Ember gains 300 Exp. Level up!

Terry gains 300 Exp. Level up!

Gyarados gains 180 Exp. Level up!

::MISSION COMPLETE::

Emmanuel, Cathode, Joy and Jay gain 50 EP!

All of their Pokemon gain 100 Exp!

You've received a Gyarados Mechamon!

[Greg leaves the party to help the other Cadets]

-------------------------------------------------------------

With the Gyarados handled, you catch a short breather. The cold night air is refreshing, especially after a hard-won fight like this one. You can see the Gyarados falling easily to the other Cadets' attacks, while the starry sky reflects itself in the water's surface. It's awfully calm-the water. With no more Gyarados surfacing, you can hear a cry of relief and victory wash over the island. Now the rest would be up to the ones who went after Uno and Alpha, or so you thought.

Music: Ruin Ωf TraditiΩn

The break in the water's surface is instantaneous. It didn't happen before your eyes, but the shockwaves sent by the event still reverberated on this side of the island, muddling the visage of the stars reflected in the sea. You feel an earthquake shaking the entire island as something erupts on a different side of the island. Turning towards the sound, your eyes fall upon a horrid display of destruction ravaging the island. The screams. The sudden buzzing of your A-Comms... All of it serves well to accompany what appears to be a fissure running from the left side of the island all the way towards you. This fissure moves like a crack through the glass at blistering speeds, leaving erupting spikes behind its wake as it threatens to split the island apart.

Your A-Comms buzz but you're flabbergasted. This fissure breaks through the town with ease. The evacuations weren't over yet... It breaks through the town and continues towards you. No, actually, it seems to be directed somewhere to your right. Its trajectory isn't aimed specifically at you, but at some other target. You look to your right to see a white stone glistening in the moonlight on top of a nearby ridge.

Your A-Comms buzz. No. Everyone's A-Comms buzz in unison.

Brace for impact.

Dust is raised violently in the wake of the fissure. Truly, it had reached you in a matter of moments and now that it has, its raised a dust cloud comparable to a sandstorm. You see nothing for a moment, but you can definitely hear the sound of rocks being crushed to your right, giant pieces of stone crumbling to dust as they rain upon the beach. And afterwards, a splash as someone lands into the shallow waters at the beach.

"I should have just done this myself from the start. Sending some Gyarados to do my dirty work, hah! It was just a waste of life energy! Oh. Someone familiar."

You hear a familiar voice coming from where someone splashed. It's definitely Uno's voice, but the tone of it is different. She speaks in a violent tone, almost mad. She sounds enraged, yet at the same time, content with the world.

"Why hello. You recognize me, don't you~ It's meeeee, Uno, your friendly friend who invited you over for a beach paradise WA-KAY-SHON!" She speaks mockingly as the dust settles, revealing a single figure clad in traditional dress, standing ankle-deep in water. Her eyes shine blue, her silhuette framed by the moon. It's Uno... But at the same time, it's not. Like Alpha. Her cryptic words unsettle you but at least she's no longer rampaging through the island, instead focused solely on you. On top of that, the ridge where you saw the white rock has completely disappeared. Demolished. Has she really done that on her own? Could she destroy the entire island? The fissure she left behind looks like it nearly split it. Alpha then?

Background by ninjacyndaquil

"OH how I wanna have some fun with you before I proceed with my task!!!"

Unsettling signs. Could Sena and Radovan have failed down there? What of them, then?

"You don't get to call yourself by her name," Emmanuel said simply to the woman. Solosis moved forward, exchanging batons with Nicaea. She leered at the destruction incarnate before her. They were ready for another battle, however dire and improbable. It was for Uno, for Sena and Radovan, and for all the other inhabitants of the island.

Joy coughed a bit from dust that was raised and frowned at the strange lady who seemed to know some of the other cadets on the beach. Annoyed at having to actually move thanks to the dust and what ever just happened she spoke. "Look lady we have have a job to do so when don't have time to play with you or whatever. So how about you bugger off so we can finish up." She says visually annoyed at having her snack time interrupted with Mr. Cuddles by her side looking equally annoyed. 

Ugghh you can't be serious right...situation has gone even worse! Maybe if I—

No, now is not the time for this. Sena need to save her first, and to do that, he must get through the two pokemon in front of him.

"Guess we have no choice." Both of Sena's pokemon nodded, already know what their trainer's intention. "Zeromaru! Water Pulse!" using quick attack to upclose and personal, Zeromaru unleash a powerful pulse to one of the Claydol.

"Verna, use Agility!" The small bat nodded, her movement become faster. These movement might not cause any damage like quick attack, its usefulness lies in dodging any oncoming attack and to move faster than the opponent.

Sena back away a bit, observing the situation. Dodge and counter? Meet the attack head on? He needs to be careful for his next move.

Zeromaru attack Claydol 2# with Water Pulse

Verna use Agility

#04 DUNGEON

SENA

*+Rita*

With Zeromaru's agile movements, he has no issues reaching the targetted Claydol before it can react.

Zeromaru's Water Pulse (10,495 SpA Value) on Claydol #2

crit: 35,17 no crit

confuse: 0,87

It's super effective!

Claydol #2 takes 112 damage!

Claydol #2 is Confused!

The Water Pulse seems to deal less damage than one would expect from a super effective move, but it manages to leave the Claydol dazzled! The Claydol, pushed a meter back by the water attack, wobbles almost drunkedly in the air, barely managing to keep itself afloat! It speaks in what is clearly a man's voice. "SeNAaAAaAaa!! HoNEY? wHeRE arE YoU?"

"WE JUST WANTED TO BE A FAMILY AGAAAAAAAAINNNNNN! SENA, COME TO US! WE CAN BE TOGETHER AGAIN!" The other Claydol screams in a woman's voice. It flies two meters above ground, taking aim at Zeromaru with its cannon-arms. Energy starts building up in the cannons and Sena's A-Comm starts beeping with a [WARNING] sign.

//DANGER, DANGER. SCANNING.... HYPER BEAM ENERGY SIGNATURE DETECTED//

"Sena, get Zeromaru out of there!" Rita grits her teeth, pushing her body with all her might but unable to break through the Confusion attack. "I'll be right with you! Let go of me, you fake mom ARGH!"

"RiTA i jUsT WAnt tO hOlD YOU iN my hAnDS. MoMmY lOVEs YOU!"

"SENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" The primordial scream is accompanied by a sudden burst of light as the first Claydol fires its Hyper Beam, aimed at Zeromaru. Zeromaru should easily be able to outrun and escape it. However, the other Claydol might still interfere through its confused state.

Claydol #1's Hyper Beam (16,312 SpA Value) on Zeromaru

Claydol #2 tries to attack as well.

Claydol #2 is [Confused]: 57,02

It hits itself in its confusion!

Claydol #2 takes 29 damage.

"aAaAAaAaA" The Claydol screams, spinning violently and smashing itself into the ground instead of attacking Zeromaru together with the other Claydol.

---

[Hearing his parents' screams, no matter how twisted...]

[...reminds Sena of that day 10 years ago.]

[They screamed then as well, although he does not remember it so clearly...]

[...they called his name. That much he's sure.]

[His mother's frantic running as she pulled him together with her, running for the exit as debris crashed around them...]

[...falling right onto her. She crumbled beneath the weight as if she were a doll.]

[His father's soft caress on his cheek and the warm tears that wet Sena's hair and salted his eyes...]

[...or was it his blood as he kneeled over Sena? Nevertheless, some enormous serpentine beast pulled him away from him, leaving young Sena alone...]

[Or was he alone? No. Someone was there-a Pokemon.]

[Zeromaru.]

[Despite all that he lost, Sena gained something on that day as well. He gained a friend he just got reunited with, 10 years later. He must not waver now, for Zeromaru now needs HIS guidance!]

---

[Zeromaru's Atk and SpA went up 1 stage!]

Claydol #3 continues using Confusion on Rita and Dolly

Verna's Agility

Verna's Speed went up 2 stages!

Verna is now the fastest Pokemon in combat!

[Turn 1 End]

---

[Turn 2 Start; COMBAT PHASE CONTINUES]

How will Sena and Zeromaru react to the Hyper Beam aimed at Zeromaru?

Music: Grasping for Air (Intense)

Turn Order: Verna (Sena) -> Zeromaru (Sena) -> Claydol #1 -> Claydol #3 -> Claydol #2

BattleScreen by ninjacyndaquil

Claydol #1 (), Lv: 25

HP (270/270) ####################

ATK: 87

DEF VALUE: 147

SP.ATK: 87

SPD VALUE: 187

SPE: 103

Nature: Hasty (+Spe/-Def)

Ability: Levitate

EP: ---

Moves: Hyper Beam (16,312 Spa Value), ???

Claydol #2 (), Lv: 25 [CONFUSED]

HP (129/270) ####################

SP.ATK: 96

SPE: 93

Nature: Mild (+SpA/-Def)

Moves: ???

Claydol #3 (), Lv: 28

HP (272/272) ####################

ATK: 114

DEF VALUE: 153

SP.ATK: 89

SPD VALUE: 195

SPE: 96

Nature: Lonely (+Atk/-Def)

EP: 56 Atk

Moves: Confusion (8544 SpA Value), ???

Player Pokemon

Sena - Verna (86/86), +2 Spe

Sena - Zeromaru (118/118), +1 Atk, +1 SpA

Jay stumbled and hacked as dust and sand hailed upon him, feeling the sand land upon his straw hat as Ember took shelter from the raining sand under Jay's legs.

What...?

Neither his reason nor his emotions could comprehend the situation at the start. One second, he was about to sheepishly sigh and ask if anyone had seen his A-Comm. The next, the ground had cracked open like a fragile egg shell and what he could only assume the perpetuator staring at the group of cadets with a switchblade smile. Who was this person? What did they have to do with the Gyradoses? Did the other cadets meet them before?

Should he run?

Jay felt dizzy, his legs trying to run and stand his ground at the same time. He could dully hear the screams in the background. Were those from the town? He...he could just help them instead of confronting this person, right? Right?

No, it might be worse there. He didn't even know if this person was hostile or not. He should stay. Maybe not to the point of standing ground, but at least to the point of discerning who this person was.

"Who are you?" Jay said, wishing his voice was far deeper and didn't shake nearly as much as his legs did.

With the Claydol confused and hit itself in confusion, this should be a perfect chance to strike back.

Every bad situation have a silver lining. So don't give up, and do your best, alright? That's what his mother always says, echoing in Sena's head.

yeah and meeting with Zeromaru is one of them...  Sena looked at Zeromaru. This time he steeled his resolve to stop this quickly and go help Betani.

"Alright! going all out!" Seeing Claydol preparing its hyper beam Sena quickly whip up a plan, this might work. "Zeromaru move over there! When I give the signal use Quick Attack to get away!" Zeromaru nodded, he move himself to the location Sena pointed. It will put the confused Claydol in Hyper Beam range, it's risky but both knows that it's a now or never situation to do this. 

Sena quickly looked at the third Claydol, "Verna go ! And use Screech!" while pointing on the Claydol that is holding Rita. Verna without missing a vit rushed to that Claydol. "Cover your ears!" As Verna used Screech on the Claydol, with Sena return his focus on Zeromaru.

Zeromaru will use Quick attack to dodge Hyper Beam. Hopefully hitting the confused Claydol#2

Verna used screech on the third Claydol

Cathode was standing on the spot, her mouth agape, staring at the figure that was Uno, while at the same time, not.  "Wh-wha? Why do you sound so different Uno?" and then as what she heard registered in her brain, she continued the question with "d-did you just admit you tried to k-kill us?"

Granted, Uno had been unstable in various aspects ever since the tree of life debacle, but Cathode never expected her to develop like this. 

She then also registered that Uno had just performed some quite superhuman feats.  "...and you just split the earth in two... how?"

On 10/14/2019 at 12:49 AM, Bfroger6 said:

#04 DUNGEON

RADOVAN

*+Zeta, Alpha, Omega*

Music: Utopia (Past)

Alpha flinches at Radovan's reponse, looking away. "I don't know what Uno would want now, for I am merely her past. Her present is different from me, but Omega knows what she wants. Omega is her future, so she's the conclusion of Uno's life. She lived through this in her past, the past which is Uno. So if Omega says Uno wants this, then that is what should be." Her voice gains some determination as she speaks of Omega. "When we create the perfect body for Uno, she will be set on her path to the future that is Omega. My role is mostly done, I set these events in motion."

"But if Omega is the one telling you what to do, wasn't she the one to set those events in motion?Zeta responds in confusion, looking at Radovan for confirmation. Meanwhile, Alpha stares at the young girl, eyes glistening and mouth agape, before she bites her lip and grabs the veil again, pulling it over her eyes. "No. That was my role. And it's over. I can disappear when Uno's body is built. That is all I can do now."

You can see Omega reaching the hole in the dome. She's high enough that you can't make out any finer details on her anymore.

Radovan considered something for a moment as he hung from the crystal wall, before something in Omega's responses caught his interest, and he replied with, "I'm still wondering why you think that the future's that set in stone, disregarding the chance that the other cadets will stop Omega while she is away from you, I'm just not sure if that's all Uno can aspire and grow up to be, or all that you can still do...especially when it sounds like you're uncertain if this is the right thing to do, and her 'perfect body's' still incomplete."

#04 BEACH

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY

*+ Omega*

Music: Boundary of Human Desire

Background by ninjacyndaquil

"My my, Emmanuel, despite being the glasses one, you're always the feistiest~ Put away the green blob before you get hurt, won't you?" The woman snickered at Emmanuel and Solosis. She turned to glance over Joy and Jay momentarily, disregarding them and their questions and statements, focusing instead on Cathode. "Aww Cathode, that's just a teeny misunderstanding! I wasn't intending to kill you when I sent the Gyarados to the surface. You just had to get in their way and postpone my plans. Oh but I am fully intending to kill you soon enough." She chuckled. She puts a finger over her lips before continuing. "Oh and about the island, I was just having a bit of fun rummaging through it. Especially the town! But yeah, if you knew the full extent of this reality you'd know I couldn't split the island in half on my own. It reaches so deep down, you know~ One would need a lot of energy, say, like... all the potential energy from the island's inhabitants, to even come close to splitting this island. Aaaand they'd have to be at the very core, you know. Deep down underwater. I wonder who could even accomplish something like that~? Teeheeheee!"

She keeps silent only for a second, observing the party. "But I swear I am Uno. At least I'm technically the body you've been conversing with for these past few days." She runs fingers through her hair and spins, showing it off. "Look, same hair, riiiight~? Not even the other one, you know, the one dressed in all blue and purple, has the very exact same hair as me and the Uno you were so happy with. You know what I mean-the healthy Uno. That sick wretch couldn't do shit and she got smacked right down! But soon, shouldn't you be happy?? Because sooooon, that very sick frail existence will be forever molded into the beauty you see before you!" She spreads her arms and extends her head upwards towards the sky. "Uno will become me, the Ruin of Tradition, shattering her old life that bound her so! She too was overjoyed that I let her borrow my body so she could hang out with you! Remember how happy she was the last you saw her!? HAPPINESS! I'll remake her into me! After all, I am her future. It's already been decided. You cannot alter it."

She starts laughing.

While she's laughing, your A-Comms continue buzzing. Cathode's and Emmanuel's, however, stop buzzing for a moment and then resume. Could there be someone different trying to contact Emm and Cathode?

[Will Emm and Cathode answer their A-Comms?]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 DUNGEON

SENA

*+Rita*

Zeromaru and Verna hold the upper hand in combat thanks to their speed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Sena's Mother unleashes her Hyper Beam, aiming at Zeromaru. The blinding beam of flashing lights and energy pushes her away as it fires at Zeromaru, but...

Zeromaru's Quick Attack

Zeromaru's Quick Attack allows him to dodge it easily and he rushes towards Sena's Father. Sena's Mother attempts to follow Zeromaru with her beam, but ultimately cannot keep up. However, in its wake, the Hyper Beam blasts straight through the apartment building's roof, destroying it as it follows Zeromaru, ravaging a hold in it. In her rage, she fails to notice the other Claydol. The Hyper Beam blasts through the other Claydol.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" The hit Claydol screams as the Hyper Beam pushes it down through the building towards the plaza. As the beam's blast is halted, it explodes when it hits the ground of the plaza.

Claydol #1's Hyper Beam (16,312 SpA Value) on Claydol #2

hit: 10.96 hit

crit: 98.53 no crit

Claydol #2 takes 87 damage.

Claydol #1 needs to recharge.

"a..Aa..AAAaaAA......" The first Claydol floats weakly in the air, twitching after having fired that powerful blast. It doesn't seem it'll be able to do anything this turn.

Verna makes use of this to fly up to the third Claydol. Rita nods at Sena's request and pushes with all her might to press her hands against her ears. "SENA, DO IT!" She screams.

Verna's Screech on Claydol #3

hit 79,87 hit

Claydol #3's Defense drops 2 stages!

Dolly's Defense drops 2 stages!

Verna lets out a deafening screech and Sena can see Rita's mouth wide open as the shockwaves blast her alongside the Claydol and Dolly.

The Claydol seems weakened after the screech, however and Rita gives a weak thumbs up to Sena as the Claydol's Confusion attack ends, allowing Rita and Dolly to drop unconcious to the floor.

The Claydol focuses on Verna, its body glowing iridescent as it readies some form of attack. Suddenly, it releases an invisible shockwave from its body, aimed at smashing straight into Verna.

Claydol #3's Psychic (15,379 SpA Value) on Verna

The shockwave's radius is wide and Verna might not be able to react fast enough at such close range even with her speed! Can Zeromaru jump in to help in some way?

[Turn 2 End]

---

[Turn 3 Start; COMBAT PHASE CONTINUES]

The second Claydol is nowhere to be found. However, with the Hyper Beam blasting the building, Sena can be sure that Alpha must've taken notice of this battle. He can only count on Betani to keep her away from him while he battles...

Music: Grasping for Air (Intense)

Turn Order: Verna (Sena) -> Zeromaru (Sena) -> Claydol #1 -> Claydol #3 -> Claydol #2

Claydol #1 (), Lv: 25 [RECHARGING]

HP (270/270) ####################

SP.ATK: 87

SPE: 103

Nature: Hasty (+Spe/-Def)

Moves: Hyper Beam (16,312 Spa Value), ???

Claydol #2 (), Lv: 25 [CONFUSED]

HP (42/270) ####################

SP.ATK: 96

SPE: 93

Nature: Mild (+SpA/-Def)

Claydol #3 (), Lv: 28

HP (272/272) ####################

ATK: 114

DEF VALUE: 153 (-2)

SP.ATK: 89

SPD VALUE: 195

SPE: 96

Nature: Lonely (+Atk/-Def)

EP: 56 Atk

Moves: Confusion (8544 SpA Value), Psychic (15,379 SpA Value), ???

Player Pokemon

Sena - Verna (86/86), +2 Spe

Sena - Zeromaru (118/118), +1 Atk, +1 SpA

--------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 DUNGEON

RADOVAN

*+Zeta, Alpha, Betani*

"..." Alpha is silent for a moment. She looks down before looking at Radovan again. "Omega can't lose against the Cadets, that much I know to be true. And when she wins, she'll destroy the shards preventing the sea from overtaking the island. We'll drown the island and shape it into a new body for Uno, using the life energy of everyone in this city. You cannot stop it. So long as Omega is the conclusion, she is unbeatable. Same as me."

You recall the fact you defeated Alpha before, yet she stands before you right now all the same. Back then she disappeared into thin air after getting crushed by rocks. So is that what she's talking about? But why would they have such an ability? Regeneration or simply immortality?

At that point, you hear a powerful blast from your right. One of the apartment buildings circling the plaza is being blown up by what appears to be some sort of energy beam and a Claydol is being pushed by said beam right towards you! The Claydol crashes into the stage at the plaza, blowing it up into smithereens and shards of wood and crushed stone. Alpha steps between the explosion and you, protecting you and Zeta from the blast by conjuring a watery veil with her dance moves.

"Nee, use Stomp!"

Music: Not only roses have thorns, you know!?

You hear a voice coming from your left right before something small and green flies straight into Alpha, kicking her into her abdomen. Alpha is caught off guard and launched off her feet, just as you see Betani running up to you with a Magby and Tympole by her side. "Mo, Al, break that rock spike thing, quick!" She orders them and they run up to Radovan, the Tympole spewing bubbles while the Magby envelops itself in dark energy, smashing its tail into the spike, which collapses and Radovan falls onto his butt. His wound seems to have mostly healed, probably thanks to Alpha, but his body is still weak and hurting. It's a chore merely standing up, but Zeta runs up to him and helps him up.

"Radovan, are you okay? Betani is here!"

"Yes, I am." Betani stands between you and Alpha, her three Pokemon in tow. Alpha is slowly getting back up to her feet while Betani's Stenee already jumped back to her side. "Leave this tryhard to me. I can handle her solo."

"...rude. I'll show you." Alpha says, water gathering around her left leg. She launches herself at Betani, doing a frontflip in order to attempt to smash her leg into Magby.

"Amateur. Al." Betani seems unfazed, ordering her Tympole to move. It jumps between Magby and Alpha's attack. However, before the attack hits it, all of the water energy from around Alpha's leg seems to be drawn out of it and absorbed by the Tympole. Alpha seems shocked, being unable to stop her motion at this point. "Mo, Thunder Punch! Nee, Stomp!" Electricity gathers around Magby's hand, smashing into Alpha's abdomen again, while Nee jumps up, smashing herself into Alpha and smashing her into the ground. The tiled flooring of the plaza breaks apart as Alpha screams in pain. "Mo! Once again! Al, support him!" Magby jumps up, gathering electricity again while the Tympole follows it, ready to serve as the shield. Alpha has no time to even get back to her feet before Magby punches her again, electricity bursting from its body and launching at Alpha. She is pushed to her feet by Magby's uppercut, staggering backwards in pain. "Nee, finish it." And Betani's Stenee follows up with a well-aimed kick.

"AKH, you-"

"Pathetic. You'd barely serve as a warmup. Proper tactics will always beat whatever idiocy cores and shards can cook up."

"Kh, this body might not hold anymore, but don't think you've won... you'll see..." Alpha succumbs to her feet, her body seemingly reforming into water as it loses shape, releasing some pink light as it vanishes.

"Yeah right we'll see. Screw you." Betani pompously shakes her hair with a cocky smile. She turns towards Zeta and Radovan. "See how easy that was? Although, I am amazing so it's not surprising. Now let's go help Sena, he seems to be battling up there." She points towards where the Hyper Beam came from.

[Will you go with Betani?]

"... Exactly. You're not Uno. You're a fiend trying to replace her. Using her as an excuse for the destruction... is unforgivable!" Emmanuel stood firmly. The ringing A-Comm, however, cut into his mind. While the monster before them laughed on, he decided to answer the call. It could be an alarm to a sneak attack, but considering the circumstances, how Cathode was getting the same pause between buzzes, the caller might be someone entirely unexpected.

Wordlessly patting Zeta's head after she helped him up, Radovan's hands slowly moved to grasp his Aetherballs, taking the time to check how each of his Pokemon was doing, letting out an annoyed grunt when he noticed that his main Pokemon were either knocked out, or just plain gone. Quickly putting his Larvitar's back into his A-Comm, casually started to stretch his limbs and, threw an Aetherball at the Claydol that fell near him, "I'm not okay, I got stabbed in the stomach by a friend who then put me back together again just to monologue at me and kill me slower, but I can still fight yeah." He then let out a sigh, set his A-Comm to track his Sableye, and waited to see if it stuck before heading up towards the hyper hole, "We could use your help too Zeta, and uh, thanks for rescuing us Betani."

Jay gulped, ignoring Ember pecking at his leg to fight. Yep. She was definitely going to kill them all. Jay felt sick at the stomach, and yet detached from the gravity of it all, listening to the figure spiel about her plans to split the island in half and drown everyone. The island's population. The ENTIRE population. He didn't need to count to know that there were a lot of zeroes in that figure. Could he even comprehend that? Jay doubted he could, although he sure as hell wasn't going to wait around to see if he did.

"Wait - you know that thing?!" Jay blurted out when the cadet called Emmauel addressed her. Even worse, the cadet seemed to try and hold his ground, and even have the time to answer a comm-call. One battle in, Jay was already in over his head and a cadet that looked far younger than he was looked like it was just another day in the job.

Jay thought of running. No, Jay decided he should run. But as he traced the fissue that tore the town in half, the distant screams of wailing people in the background, the manic laughter of "Uno". There wasn't anywhere to run, was there? Jay doubted he could run away fast enough, and even more that he would be able to evacuate with the rest of the civilians. The situation had backed him to a corner. 

This is a terrible first day on the job... Jay thought as he nodded grimly to Ember.

Ember flapped her wings (arms? Jay never decided) to align her feathers. Finally, she seemed to say as she stepped in front of Jay. 

#04 BEACH

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY

*+ Omega*

"My my aren't we rude." Omega snickers at Emmanuel and Jay. "Calling me a thing and, even worse, a fiend pretending to be Uno. Uno herself wishedto be able to dance again. This is merely the only way of repairing her body and making it so." She replies with a grin. "So I'm not using her as an excuse. She's basically using me to do her dirty work because her wretched body can barely so much as move on its own! Hahahahaha! Naive, you're so naive... Trusting someone as broken as her..."

[Emmanuel picks up the A-Comm]

The first thing he hears is static and someone trying to speak through the static. He cannot make out the voice but then it stabilizes.

Music: Detective Sena

"H-hello! Y-yes, I made it through! Take that, inferior Space Aether comm frequencies!!!" A familiar voice rings through. There's still some static but it can be heard clearly now. It's Rita. "Akh wait right, I gotta hurry, can't maintain the connection for long and I'm in the middle of a fight, but I gotta tell you guys your lady friend turned into some evil chick dressed in all brown and red and she's going to the surface with two Claydol to destroy some shards or something! Oh and your Uno friend is still somewhere on the surface! You gotta find her, the crazy red one is gonna like, do something with her once she destroys the shards! Sena and I are fi- Ah! Sena-!!!!!!!" You hear what sounds like an explosion on the other side and the line is abruptly cut.

Omega raises an eyebrow. Only Emmanuel heard the transmission and now his and Cathode's A-Comms start buzzing the same as the rest of the people's, likely from an official HQ dispatch. "What was that, Emm. Care to share~?" Omega asks, tapping her foot as she crosses her hands. She sure doesn't seem to be in a rush though, so what could that be about? And the Claydol? You see no Claydol around.

---------------------------------------------------

Both Verna and Zeromaru manage to finish their job spectacularly, "Alright good job!" Sena gave Zeromaru and Verna a thumb up. He turn his head toward Hyper Beam's collateral damage, with that blast, she'll be here in a minute... I need to be fast. Since Rita is kinda safe right now, Sena can focus on battling the three pokemon, with one of the Claydol is now weaker and outside of the building, while the Claydol that fired the Hyper Beam need to recharge, focusing on the third Claydol is a must.

Before Sena can pull Verna back, the third Claydol used psychic on her, with her having no time to react, the only way to do protect her is to "Zeromaru help Verna, meet the attack with Water Pulse!" The Frog pokemon nodded, using his superior speed, Zeromaru rushes to Verna's location and fire a Water Pulse on Claydol's attack. Sena is still observing the battle, when the attack meets, he plans to command Verna to use Supersonic on Claydol 3#.

Sena use attacker buff on Zeromaru
Zeromaru atk/sp atk modifier 1.5->2.0

Zeromaru use Water Pulse (20,991) on Claydol 3#'s Psychic
Verna use Supersonic right after Water Pulse hit Claydol 3#

"... So that was what you were going for..." Emmanuel carefully glared at Omega. The last time they saw Uno when she was unambiguously herself, she was chasing after Betani, who had gotten mad over her. From Betani's words, it was clear that Uno was going to do something about the Ghost Girl, something that only she could do. And then the next thing they knew, she was walking into the sea with Alpha.

By Rita's words, that may have been an illusion or a projection of some sort, and the body was still on the surface. That must have something to do with what Uno was going to do.

But, where was she going to do it? Some sort of a ritual ground?

In any case... Rita mentioned two Claydol. Emmanuel remembered a very peculiar fact about the Pokemon - aside from the devastating Self-Destruct, they also knew Hyper Beam immediately after evolution. They might be on the move as the so-called Ruin of Tradition patiently bought time here! Once they get a clear shot, it'd all be over.

Immediately, he called Ray, speaking clear enough for everyone else around him to hear as well. "Emmanuel here, I've gotten a tip that two Claydol are summoned and are on the loose here. They're going to destroy shards on the island, likely with Hyper Beam. One of the shards has already been destroyed - a white stone on the top of a ridge. Could you locate the Claydol and send nearby cadets to intercept them? Or at least, send us their locations?"

"A-And one more question, has anyone seen Uno? Er, before we were sent to capture the Ghost Girl. She was chasing after Betani, but we need to know what happened next! I know this may sound crazy, but her body might still be on the surface!"

Then, he turned to Omega and declared, "Our friends down there aren't done fighting yet! This kind of future... Uno has more than just dancing in her life! She, she has so many people looking out for her!"

A decade-old sourness welled up. Only by focusing on Uno was he able to hold his tears.

No one deserves to be so lonely. "T-That's why, I won't let you take all that away from her!"

Jay looked around. He had no clue what was going on, to be honest. Except for well, being threatened with death along with everyone else on the island. Why did he ask the question in the first place if he didn't know what the answer meant?

Some of the other cadets, notably those who had been on the beach when he arrived, seemed to recognize what the weird...lady...fiend thing was talking about. They most likely met with the murderous lady before; at least, the one that they were masquerading as.

Jay decided to stay quiet, on a nervous standby for Emm to give the call. Jay wasn't the mainstage here, and it sounded like there was a story that went far back. Best not to incite further.

Emm was faster at answering the call, so Cathode just listened to the call from his side.  After accessing the information she had received from both "Uno" and Rita, Cathode had a better picture of what might be going on. The thinking also seemed to temporarily nullify her usual stuttering. "....You definitely aren't Uno. You are just like that ghost girl, Alpha and you probably deceived her with promises of being able to dance! Her body being able to dance will be meaningless if it's not herself doing the dancing!" She then said to everyone in general, "Also i think the Claydols being ground types, probably have something to do with the earth splitting."   What even is going on down there... She wondered. There was also the problem in which Suzie was not in a good condition for another grueling battle, Terry had close to nonexistent battle capabilities, and the other Gyarados proved to be more detrimental to their side than the opponent's. This is bad.

She turned to the new cadets who had come as reinforcements. "Did you get supplied with any restoration items before you got sent here?"

Shortly after her question though, she was distracted by Terry, whose coloration was becoming increasingly faded, towards bright white. She had noticed something was off with his colors ever since the battle was over, but she thought she was just tired from the battle.  Terry on the other hand, didn't seem fazed in the least about his situation.  "Terry are you okay?"

#04 DUNGEON

RADOVAN

*+Zeta, Betani*

"A-ah I'm sorry, I didn't mean..." Zeta looks down when Radovan makes his sarcastic? remark.

Meanwhile, Radovan throws an Aether Ball at the Claydol, but it breaks free with ease, even as injured as it is. It keeps producing groaning noises similiar to a human voice...

"EW gross!" Betani responds to its groans. "Nee, this is probably like the other ones. Just destroy it, it's not even a Pokemon." Her Stenee nods, jumps up, landing her foot into the Claydol's eye, smashing through its mud body.

"SeeNanAnNAnAA i WilL mISs yOU" is the last sounds that leaves its body before it crumbles away.

"Huh? Sena? Don't tell me this thing was pretending to be someone he knew that died? Ugh, even grosser." Betani grimaces in disgust, gesturing for Nee to come over. "We'll wash you over when we get back home. This is just wrong." The Stenee nods again.

"I'll help! Murki and I'll help!" Zeta yelps as she follows Radovan. Right about then, they hear an overbearing crashing sound as the entire building where Sena is collapses-

----------------------------------------------

#04 DUNGEON

SENA

*+Rita*

Zeromaru and Sena burst through the Claydol's Psychic, crushing their Water Pulse into it and leaving it dazed the same as what happened with the one posing as his father. Rita pushes herself up to her feet, Motor and Dolly flying around her. She looks at Motor and nods, running to Sena. "No way, this place is actually great! Ok, Motor, we might be able to do this- Sena hold them off!" She starts rapidly typing for a moment before putting the A-Comm on her ear.

Her eyes brighten with joy and victory all of a sudden and she starts talking right away. "H-hello! Y-yes, I made it through! Take that, inferior Space Aether comm frequencies!!! Akh wait right, I gotta hurry, can't maintain the connection for long and I'm in the middle of a fight, but I gotta tell you guys your lady friend turned into some evil chick dressed in all brown and red and she's going to the surface with two Claydol to destroy some shards or something! Oh and your Uno friend is still somewhere on the surface! You gotta find her, the crazy red one is gonna like, do something with her once she destroys the shards! Sena and I are fi- Ah! Sena-!!!!!!!"

A large explosion resounds, washing Sena's vision in red and then white. He can feel Rita hugging him tight and then the both of them losing solid footing. Zeromaru, Rita and him were all falling down together with the rubble of the building that was falling apart around them, some parts on fire.

"IIFFFFFF IIIICAN'T HAVEYOU NOONE CCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

Claydol #3's Self Destruct

The burning silhuette of a Claydol breaks apart around you, covering the sky with dust and ash. Sena falls hard on his back, Rita laying unconcious over his body... Verna and Zeromaru look alright though. And Dolly of course.

---------------------------------------------

#04 BEACH

CATHODE, EMM, JOY & JAY

*+ Omega*

Emmanuel's A-Comm is flooded with emergency messages when he opens it. He attempts to contact Ray but to no avail. The entire HQ must be busy above their heads trying to handle this situation.

However, one of the emergency messages lists several locations on the island where Cadets should converge. One of them matches your own location. The Cadets should probably be aware of the situation and at least guarding the shards.

Omega just shrugs. "I know nothing of any Claydol~ Also, you really don't get it, Cathy. Uno IS me. Well technically. So it'll still be her dancing~ kind of." She grins.

Omega raises an eyebrow at Emmanuel, nonschalantly resting her arms on her hips. "Oh, yes, I kinda just left your friends fine and dandy down there. Oh, except Radovan. Last time I saw him, we were patching him up after I've accidentally spilled his guts!" She slides her hand over her face, starting to laugh into her open palm. A maddened sight. She was definitely enjoying herself. "But that's neither here nor there. We'll keep him alive for a while longer."

She continues sizing Emmanuel and Cathode up. The two of them were the ones she gave a shit about, unlike those other two random Cadets accompanying them. And the nonsense they spouted...hilarious.

She seems to want to laugh some more, when suddenly Cathode's Magikarp-Terry-gets enveloped in bright light. Cathode is forced to drop him to the ground as he grows rapidly, becoming too heavy for her to hold. His body lengthens and grows serpentine... and soon enough a blue sea serpent protectively coils around Cathode and the party, looking down upon Omega. Terry evolved.

Omega looks up at the Gyarados then bites her lip, jumping backwards a few meters to make some distance between herself and the party. Her expression twists into one of anger as she glares at Emmanuel and Cathode.

Music: Faced by Desire

"You. A Gyarados. And, and... You spout such tepid nonsense about Uno! You know not how it feels to be confined to your room, tended only by doctors as the people you've trusted with your dreams only want to keep you quiet! You don't know how it is to lose everything! The Gyarados, that stupid dance.... it was a terrible idea perpetrated by a terrible man... it was supposed to bring us closer to our roots and ancient traditions- LIKE HELL!" She screams, thrashing her arms about in a rage. "The Gyarados aren't beings to be trifled with! I learned that the hard way. UNO learned that the hard way. YOUR FRIENDS learned that the hard way. The Acquarium was destroyed. Hopes, dreams, families... And today no one even knows the cause. They think the Gyarados appeared there by some mistake. No. HE brought them here. HE let them loose, saying he believed in them, that they were trained! LIKE HELL! I will erase this island to affirm my existence in this world. I will erase HIS island and everyone on it, aside from Uno. Once she becomes me, my potential existence will be established. I will become this island, this Nexus and I will destroy every other Nexus in existence, removing any and all traces of old lore and tradition! LISTEN TO ME WELL! I AM OMEGA, I AM UNO, AND I AM YOUR RUIN!"

!!!DANGER!!!

[CORE SIGNATURE DETECTED...]

[...]

[...CORE SIGNATURE LOST]

[UNIDENTIFIED]

[Ω COMBAT PHASE INITIATED Ω]

[CHOOSE YOUR POKEMON]

"I will destroy you!" Omega screams, his body enveloping itself in blue light, emanating from her right leg. A mark can be seen glowing through her dress-a symbol Ω.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA! I WILL TOY WITH YOU!"

Omega (F), Lv: 20

HP (528/528) ####################

ATK: 90

DEF VALUE: 237

SP.ATK: 132

SPD VALUE: 86

SPE: 108

Nature: Lax (+Def/-SpD)

Ability: Dancer, ???

EP: HP, Def and SpA

[OMEGA DOES NOTHING... YOUR TURN]

Joy glared at the lady, she really didn't care about this Uno person be it the lady in front of them or some other person somewhere on the island and doubly so on who ever this HIM that she started spouting on about when one of the cadets Magikarp evolved.  Seeing that the lady who called herself Omega now (she really needs to make up her mind) seemed to be gearing up for a fight Joy sighed and looked at Mr. Cuddles by her. "Well it looks like we got to fight again." She said pushing herself up from the ground. "We will eat lots when we get back." She said as Mr. Cuddles nodded and stood up itself "Good now get ready we don't know what she can do so Use Defense Curl, and keep your eyes on her okay." She said as Mr Cuddles moved forward a bit before rolling hunking down a bit protecting itself.

Joy choose Mr. Cuddles.
Mr Cuddles uses Defense Curl raising its defense by one stage 

Joy uses her defender ability raising Mr. Cuddles Defense by another stage

With that, there was no need for extra words.

A quick view of Omega's info using the A-Comm, as well as her previous display of force, revealed a few things to watch out for. She used an unknown move, but it seemed to be physical in nature, were Emmanuel to guess.

The plan was already clear. Solosis glowed slightly and raised a veil before the group, gleaming under the night sky. He just had to cover the grounds before he could mount an all-out offensive.

Emmanuel sends out Solosis.

Solosis uses Reflect.

Completely off her rockers. Jay knew the human/human-possessed-by-spirit/probably-should-have-not-called-her-it was most likely a danger, but now she sounded like she was about to froth at the mouth and reveal she had overdosed on candies or something. Yeah, didn't seem like she would be letting Jay, or anyone for that matter, out of here alive. Jay's anxiety grew heavier, but Jay knew there were no more choices in this situation.

There was going to be a fight - but Jay wasn't sure if the woman had Pokemon with her or not. Though if that omega symbol didn't mean anything ominous, Jay didn't know what was.

Jay chooses Ember

Jay uses Attacker Lvl. 1, increasing Ember's attack stat by 1 stage.

Sena carefully sits, he is injured, which is not surprising after Claydol's explosion. "You guys okay?" He asked two of his pokemon, both which reply with a nod, he looked at Rita and Dolly, Rita seems safe same goes with Dolly, so that is one objective completed.  With Rita unconscious, it'll be troublesome to move around, not to mention the other two Claydol might be still lurking around the place.

Verna, Zeromaru, Dolly I need you to keep your guard up, I'm going to try calling Betani." Sena take out his A-Comm, trying to call her. Hopefully she have some good news and... not much nagging.

Radovan let out a slight groan of frustration as the Claydoll broke free from the ball, stamping his foot on the ground once as he walked briskly away, "I guess I just have the Woobat now, better than nothing, if only just."

Thankfully enough for his mood, the sound of rumbling and crashing coming from the distance perked him right up, distracting him from getting too disappointed over not getting a clay abomination of his own. "...and that's our cue, come on Zeta! Sena might actually be in trouble," he said, before he tried to take her by the hand and ran towards the ruins, hoping to get there before something else happened to Sena.