[Tresspassers IC] The Tenth God: Waddle Dee (Subplot)

Shamitako

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimitri Kuznetsov 

"Alright, let's talk." He nods to the engineer "I'd like to hear your opinion first. If this were back home, I'd be all for just waiting and not fighting battles we need not fight, especially when what we're after sounds like the kind of tool to neutralize the intruders for us, but, this ain't home. Hell, it looks like Hell to me even, and whatever I'm assuming could be wrong here, dead wrong." Spinning on his heel, Dimitri gestures broadly to the others "I say we listen to her-" a quick point to Hiroki "-and her." another quick point to the engineer. "Hear what they have to say, because they know this place better than us, and I for one prefer not being on fire or ambushed. Same for you all as well? All on the same page here? Good!"

"Cronos, got any intel you can lend us? Footage? Descriptions? Combat data?" 

"If it was almost any other place in tempest, I'd say we take the opportunity to set up a welcoming party for them," The mechanic began, idly checking the temperature as her HUD flashed before her eyes, an overlay of data and statistics set before a screen of pure violet code visible to her and her alone. "But well, you've already heard how I feel about wrath, seen a bit of what it's like on a good day. The combat conditions are already bad enough for folks with Mechs and Favor to protect them from all the crap out here, I'd think they'd be alot worse for most of those who aren't native here and don't have any of that. It would probably be best to conserve our energy for when it's needed most, once we've found a better position or just can't avoid a confrontation..."

"though from what I saw and heard earlier, I've got the sneaking feeling some of you aren't the type to listen to reason and will just do what you want, regardless whatever I tell you..." She closed out the data display, turning her eyes to the one who'd addressed her to begin with, ""But eh, that's just my advice. Make your own decisions... if you all really want to fight em that badly, there's not much I can really do to stop you anyway."

Chronos

"Intel?" Chronos said, "No, I do not. But I can tell you that they tend to be equally as strange as Meta Knight here. And since the majority seem content to simply wait, we will wait."

A short period of time, somewhere around fifteen minutes, passed uneventfully. The teleporter lit up, signaling it was active, and Chronos directed the group through it.

This time, the area they were met with was not an empty ruin, but a room in a building. It wasn't a very large room, the singular entrance was directed towards a hallway which turned shortly after. Set into the floor was a grouping of tiles which seemed to form a map of some kind. Chronos seemed rather puzzled by the whole situation.

"Hmm, there doesn't appear to be any writing or directions." It said, "This seems like it might be some kind of maze. Perhaps the instructions are hidden from me. As with before, if you do not wish to attempt this challenge then we can make an attempt to go elsewhere."

Spoiler

268dfe1a37794a3ea336628548223e92.png

The red is the (solid grey stone) floor, brownish are grey tiles and black are black tiles. Colored more vibrantly for all of our sanities. The entrance is on the left side

(OOC: Alright, let's make this quick, I'd like to move to the maze/encounter by the end of the day if possible)

Hiroki gazed at the tiles of the floor. She brought up her HUD again, took a picture of it, and hit a few buttons to more or less automatically enhance it to make it easier to study. She looked at it for a moment, and traced a finger along the lines for a bit. After a few moments, she chose another option, and traced her finger one more time; this time, it left a bright red line behind. She saved the image, and then flipped it so it was more visible to the others.

qzGtgL5.png

"I can, um, keep a map, so I think we should go through the maze."

Prei put a pondering finger to her lips, regarding the map with a critical eye.

"We don't actually know if this collection of tiles is a map. Hopefully it is, but it could also just as easily be a message, or instructions, or really just a collection of tiles."

She snapped her fingers, causing a skeletal copy of the tile arrangement, traced by orange fire, to appear next to her head. A small crystal of ice, gleaming with some inner light, floated outside the left border of the map, indicating their present location - if it was, in fact, a map.

"Still, I see no reason not to at least make an attempt at navigating this maze - it seems we have a lack of favorable alternatives, after all."

The first of the group entered into the maze. But before anyone else could follow, a heavy stone slab fell into the doorway, sealing the group outside. In addition, all of the group's magic and electronics (notably excluding Chronos) shut down completely. The message was rather clear: The maze was to be traversed by a single person with no outside help of any kind.

(OOC: Alright, maze is open. Bug me on Discord when you've got half an hour to an hour free and I'll run you through. Each player will get one attempt and will not be allowed to share the events of that attempt until either all players have finished or one player has been successful. I'll be keeping logs to post here after the puzzle is complete)

Maze results:

After spending a while in the maze lounge discussing their collecting failure, the group found themselves transported back to the original room, where they found Chronos resting in the exact spot they'd left it in.

"Ah, you're back, I suppose that means it was too much for you." It said quietly, "Very well. I don't have much energy right now, so we can't get far, but I can get us close enough to another ruin that we'll be protected by its anchor."

Instantly, the group found themselves out on the smoldering plains of the Plane of Wrath, another ruin just visible in the distance. But a ruin was not all that was a visible, they found themselves facing a few small, strange creatures. The enemies they had been brought here to push back. There were five of them, two blue things hopping with sparks, two balls waddling forward, and a single orb with a large black eye-thing walking forward with a silly gait.

Also Chronos gives you an item which he says can only be used here but is useful and I totally didn't forget like I knew I would

Spoiler

Name: Favor Boost
Description: A strange silver sphere. Using it activates a Favor mech that augments your abilities
Type: Consumable
Effect: Grants an HP buffer equal to 20% of max HP. A chosen stat is doubled until the buffer is destroyed. May not be cleansed

Initiative:

Spoiler

Prei: 21
Tesla: 18
Leon: 18
Argent: 16
Atton: 13
Waddle Doo: 12
Eon: 12
Victoria: 12
Sparky1: 11
Dimitri: 11
Waddle Dee1: 10
Waddle Dee2: 10
Hiroki: 9
Sparky2: 4

Party Status:

Spoiler

Argent: 40/40HP, No Status
Atton: 14/36HP, No Status
Dimitri: 34/38HP, No Status
Eon: 30/38HP, No Status
Hiroki: 31/44HP, No Status
Leon: 36/40HP, No Status
M.Knight: Healthy, Noncombatant
Prei: 27/38HP, No Status
Tesla: 27/34HP, No Status
Victoria: 36/40HP, No Status

Enemy Status:

Spoiler

Waddle Doo: Healthy, No Status
Sparky1: Healthy, No Status
Sparky2: Healthy, No Status
Waddle Dee1: Healthy, No Status
Waddle Dee2: Healthy, No Status

Argent sighs, hopefully this could not have been avoided. 

"alright then, I guess if we're going to fight....."

he takes a deap breath, then suddenly leans forward throwing his arms out and slightly behind him, unleashing a massive cone shaped stream of red and black flames at sparky 1 any any enemies around it.

"HELLFIRE STREAMMMMM"

((hellfire stream on sparky1 damage equals SYNx1.5 and may hit multiple enemies))

wrath: 0/80

love: all characters: 1

Edited by Endlessblaze

"Well then, this, at least, is something I'm used to."

Prei spun Myriad around and stretched out her arms, causing numerous fiery magical spears to materialise behind her.

Prei uses Elemental Spears (Fire). The next time she does damage, she deals an additional 3d6 fire damage.

Current Damage on Counter: 3d6 fire + 1d6 phys

Hiroki chooses to ignore the, well, blathering of her teammates - that was still a little odd, fighting in a team - and simply summons her mechs. The wounds she'd accumulated from earlier still hurt, but she wasn't going to let herself slow down. She leveled her main cannon and shoulder cannons at the singular enemy, figuring that it must be different enough from the others that it warranted hitting first. Trifold streams of yellow-white lanced out toward the strange creature.

Melt on Waddle Doo

2d6+SYN (8) damage, ignoring RES

Eon:

"Well, this should go better than a cramped maze" Eon remarks as he prepares an orb of celestial energy.

Constellar Rain (INT damage (8) ) on Waddle Dees and Waddle Doo

Edited by Zetaark

Still recovering from her time in the maze, her pride injured more than the few cuts and scrapes her body had suffered, tesla didn't say much as the strange little blobs starting getting closer. At least she could take solace in the fact that apparently everyone who'd gone before her had also failed spectacularly at one point or another along the path.

Calling her mech into existence around her in a flashing storm of electrical discharge though, she couldn't help but see those soulless eyes, staring right into her, right through, unfeeling, dead, cold. She tried to shake the memory away, as it brought forth the others lingering in the depths of her mind just like it, but away it would not go. She remembered the price for failure, what it was like to go through mazes now, after so many years keeping it buried, after it had been so many years since anyone she knew was forced to pay it.

Failure in their maze meant eradication. She could only have wished the outcome had been merely being kicked out into a comfy lounge back then.

A failure was the price she proceeded to inflict on the nearest of the invaders as the electricity emanating before seemed to gather and briefly solidify itself into a series of spheres that quickly launched themselves forward as streaking death beams...

Ambiguous Bolt on Sparky 2

[2d6+Syn((6))+1/2Int((3)) damage+1 Pure damage]

36/40
I still have some injuries from that spiky ball from the maze, not much, but I should be able to enjoy battling these creatures long enough before I have to destroy them.

"One, two, three, four, five. This should be fun." Leon readied his swords. "I'm going to hold back... so try to entartain me as long as you." he smirked as he closes into three of them and he then slashes all three of them in a way that would remind the viewer of the flash step trope.

Flaw: Lazy Fighter: only deal 70% damage when HP is over or at 50%

Field Blitz: 1d6+1.25DEX to sparky 1, sparky 2 and Waddle Dee 1

Edited by LeonVermillion

Victoria, in a manner somewhat similar to Hiroki's, ignores what her teammates are saying - time to focus, not to speak. What to do first - best apply the paralysis as soon as possible.

Paralysis on the Waddle-do - applies Paralysis (every time the enemy acts, roll a d6. On a 1 or 2, the enemy cannot act. Effect lasts four turns, cooldown lasts five.

Dimitri Kuznetsov, 34/38

con = 4;
res = 2 + 5;
dex = 0;
itl = 8 + 1;
str = 6;
syn = 0;

"Looks like you've had it worse than me, here, let me help..." Wiping his hand across his injured cheek, Dimitri skirts around Prei towards Eon, a pale substance now sealing the wound. Taking out a few large patches, he presses them against his comrade's wounds, the sealing gel hissing into the cuts and scrapes. It was at this moment that those same patches began to hiss within hardsuits of the two natives, as did the one hidden inside a black longcoat,  the inside a distinguished dress uniform, the one affixed to the inside of a skirt pointing to a skinned knee, and the one affixed to a certain suit of armor. He'll admit it, that last one, he wasn't too proud of, but if it works, it works.

Sealing Gel II: Heal all party members for INT (=9) HP

Edited by Empiricist
I fucked up.

Prei casts her flaming Elemental Spears, preparing them to strike on her next instance of damage. Also she regenerates 4HP

Tesla fires off a blast of energy, dealing 12 damage to Sparky2

Leon dashes across the battlefield, striking Sparky1 for 8 damage, Sparky2 for 5, and slashing into Waddle Doo for 7

Argent hesitates, causing him to lose 6 INIT

Atton crashes into Waddle Doo with his banner, dealing 12 damage

Waddle Doo retaliates with a beam of electrical sparks, dealing 7 damage to Atton

Eon calls down stellar pain, striking both Waddle Dees for 5 damage and dealing 7 damage to Waddle Doo

Victoria inflicts Paralysis on Waddle Doo

Sparky1 hops up to Tesla and smashes into her with its body, dealing 0 damage and lowering her INIT by 3

Dimitri uses his fancy gel on his allies, healing everyone for 9 HP

Waddle Dee1 waddles into Victoria, dealing 9 damage to her

Waddle Dee2 nonchalantly walks up to Eon and touches him lightly, dealing 1 damage

Argent channels a fiery beam into Sparky1, dealing 5 damage to it

Hiroki bombards the Waddle Doo with powerful heat energy, dealing 10 damage to it

Sparky2 clenches its body and unleashes a storm of electricity around itself. It strikes Prei, Leon, and Argent for 3 damage each and lowers their INITs by 3. It also engulfs Tesla, but she emerges unaffected

Prei retaliates, dealing 3 damage to Sparky2. Her spears follow up, striking for 10 more and killing it

Sparky2 turns into a yellow star and winks out of existence, leaving behind a small trophy in its likeness

Spoiler

Name: Spark Essence
Description: A trophy stand with a Sparky on it. Makes you become like Sparky
Type: Consumable
Effect: Gives you a crown with an electrical storm design. Deals 1d4+SYN electric damage to four enemies

Initiative

Spoiler

Prei: 18 (-3)
Leon: 15 (-3)
Tesla: 15 (-3)
Atton: 13
Waddle Doo: 12
Eon: 12
Victoria: 12
Sparky1: 11
Dimitri: 11
Waddle Dee1: 10
Waddle Dee2: 10
Argent(This turn): 10 (-6)
Hiroki: 9
Argent: 7 (-9)
Sparky2: 4

Party Status:

Spoiler

Argent: 37/40HP, No Status
Atton: 16/36HP, No Status
Dimitri: 38/38HP, No Status
Eon: 37/38HP, No Status
Hiroki: 40/44HP, No Status
Leon: 37/40HP, No Status
M.Knight: Healthy, Noncombatant
Prei: 35/38HP, No Status
Tesla: 34/34HP, No Status
Victoria: 31/40HP, No Status

Enemy Status:

Spoiler

Waddle Doo: Crying, Paralysis
Sparky1: Wounded, No Status
Sparky2: Dead
Waddle Dee1: Wounded, No Status
Waddle Dee2: Wounded, No Status

Dimitri Kuznetsov, 38/38

con = 4;
res = 2 + 5;
dex = 0;
itl = 8 + 1 + 1; //+1 from Diabolical Machinations as Sealing Gel II is cooling down
str = 6;
syn = 0;

//Sealing Gel II has 2/2 cooldown remaining

Basic Attack on Waddle Dee 1: 2d8 + INT (= 2d8 + 10), attack is a single shot from a gauss designated marksmen rifle.

Argent winces from the shock, but does his best to ignore it. He then attacks sparky1 agian. This time by causing a pillar of hellfire to roar up from beneath it

((Basic attack, hellfire strike, on sparky1))

Hp: 37/40

wrath: 21/80

love: all characters: 1

Edited by Endlessblaze

Atton stops and opens his attache case, looking for his sword or another gun, but for some odd reason he found what was either an exact replica of his service weapon, or perhaps his Virgil has seen fit to return the weapon to him, but no matter.

Atton took the weapon, cocked it as noticeably as possible, and then pointed the weapon at the second hopping creature while saying "As the good book says, all those who do evil, hateth the light" he then fires a single shot at the creature.

Atton uses Miraculous shot on Waddle Dee 2 (2d3+INT, Pure damage)

Edited by Cronos5010

These enemies didn't seem to be too tough, though her triple beam had left somewhat less of an impression than she'd expected. It didn't matter, though; their numbers were already overwhelming the enemies. She primed her auxiliary guns as she told the mech's onboard targeting system to calculate a pattern that was unlikely to catch her allies in the blast, and slid into position for the barrage. A small tone presaged a wave of plasma that flung itself at the remaining enemies. 

Curtain Fire

"Electricity, huh."

Prei spun Myriad again and switched it to her other hand. As she did, a new set of spears formed behind her, this time made of water, clear and shimmering.

"Let's see how this goes."

She took up a ready stance once more.

Prei activates Elemental Spears (Water). Her next instance of damage will deal 3d6 bonus Water elemental damage and soak enemies.

Counter damage: 1d6 phys + 3d6 water